Backpackers on Dundas Reviews

126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto, Canada

It it very close to Megabus coach station. It was very loud in lounge room at night. I saw cockroaches at kitchen.

The hostel was okay for a one night stay. The location is very good and it was nice that we could do a real early check-in. I didnt like that they have air freshener in every room that spray out a very artificial smell every 30 minutes. One of them was located next to my bed, that wasnt very nice. The washrooms are very small and there are just two toilets. I saw a cockroach in the kitchen.

The man on duty was friendly. The men I shared an 8 bed room with were from Germany & Japan. Very nice friendly men. Interesting conversation.

Excellent staff. They were totally helpful assisting me on my planning thru the city for being my fist time in Toronto. That hostel is a good one I recommend

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

The hostel was excellent. good location right on dundas st, and has netflix so all the movies you want . John the Aussie bloke made our stay awesome , just don't try and play scrabble against him !!!!!

Stayed one night. Good for a place to sleep. Not as clean as it could be. Excellent location.

• 31st Dec 2014

Tension within the staff which ruins the atmosphere. Good attempt at keeping the place clean (floor especially) but a spring cleaning is in order (cupboards, behind showers, bedrooms, air out the bedrooms everyday for the smell...) Nice and warm =) All the basic + necessary facilities are there, but couch is uncomfy. I would recommend to change the floor in the bathroom so it looks cleaner, same goes for the bedrooms.

Staff very nice, very helpful and knowledgeable,you can book your day trip with the hostel, its cheaper than what's online, stairs not suitable for people with very heavy suitcase, but I'm sure if you ask, the staff will be glad to help, room and facilities very clean, chillout area, tv room, computers for usage, strong wifi, overall is good, but it would be better if there's free towel usage and bedside light. centralized location, just 5mins from airport shuttle bus drop off,near to eateries

This hostel is in a fantastic location out of all the hostels in Toronto it has the best location and is a reasonable price to compared with most hostels. I enjoyed my stay in this hostel and had a good laugh with some of the staff members at night time. The Aussie lad John and Irish lad Richard are a good double act and provided many laughs during the night. The only bad thing is that they dont accept credit or visa cards in this hostel which I found quite strange.

This hostel is in a great location the best you can get, but is to small to accomadate the amount of people staying like theres only 2 washrooms and a toilet. Some of the staff arent as helpful as they should be but the other members of staff make up for it. Had great craic with the Irish lad Richard and Aussie ladJohn and met some very interesting characters in this hostel. The only bad things i can say about the hostel is that they need to expand the place and bring in credit card machines.

They overbooked the hostel so they didn't have any bed left for me and offered me to stay on a couch for almost the same price as a bed or simply to find another place where to stay by myself! There was also only one restroom for 30 people and 2 showers.

• 11th Oct 2014

small public area

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

Super location but to small for the amount of people staying, had good craic at night and met some interesting people. The hostel need to expand the place though to accomadate guests and accept credit cards, they will attract more guests. The hostel could be a real winner in future if they work on these things.

Very nice hostel. Located at the heart of the city. 3 minutes walk from dundas square. Small hostel, so very comfortable and quiet.

Awesome location - easy to meet up with my friends in Toronto. Very comfortable mattress & pillows. Super Wi-Fi & netflix. Close to everything & including the bus station.

Absolutely horrific staff, felt unsafe, they were constantly high and could not communicate properly. Excellent location but absolute shame

• 26th Sep 2014

Had to deal with an incredibly rude, unhelpful gangsta wannabe who (somehow) had a job there. Couldn't even help with basic questions such as if they served breakfast. He played his SouljaBoy swag music loudly in the common room and when I asked him to stop playing a song on repeat he said "yo you can just put some headphones on, fo real man". What a dipshit. He even walked with a limp. Only redeeming features of this hostel was the location and half decent internet

What a super location !! The Hostel was very clean & well maintained. Had a great time there & met lots of friendly travellers. Just 2 minutes from the bus terminal & a 5 minute walk to The Eaton Centre & Dundas Square. No shortage of places to eat & have fun. Highly recommended.

Where do I start!,I got bit by a spider on my arm and leg,I saw cockroaches on the kitchen and the bathroom,the place was not very nice,there was people living @ the hostel which made conflict with other guest,the only thing good was location,but I would never stay here again i would rather pay more and walk to an attraction than staying here again,also they don't take credit or debit only cash in Canadian money,so I had to change @ the bank,not well organized and needs more attention

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff is rude and aggressive, especially the "world class athlete" who mans the check out desk. The place has cockroaches in the bathroom and over charges for everything. It's the size of a shoebox and you should avoid this place at all costs.

• 5th Sep 2014