Backpackers on Dundas

Good 769 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2017
4.0

I have a horrible experience. I called them two weeks in advance because I knew I would arrive there at around 1AM, and their hours are from 8am-11pm. They said that it was okay. So on the day that I arrived, their doors were closed. I knocked for 15 minutes and there was no one! I was stranded in a foreign country by myself. Finally, a random guy living there let me in. There was no staff. I just went into the all ladies room. There was no bed sheets. I was told "sorry" and paid the full price

• Canada, Female, 25-30
16th Jun 2017
4.9

Lots of long term residents, not clean, however the man that checked me in was very nice, and super helpful. Great location, but with stained and burnt blankets, I decided to check out early.

• China, Female, 31-40
12th Jun 2017
7.1

perfect location, but a little bit noisy in night.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2017
4.9

The PM staff member was rude and unhelpful. Also there is not statement saying you need to put a deposit down for a key which is fine but maybe inform your guests in the confirmation email it needs to be cash only so they don't have to go and find an atm after 26hrs of travel. The blinds in the room barely make the room dark so street light comes in constantly. And the vent from the resturant below makes the room vibrate. Dan was great though super friendly and helpful !

• Canada, Male, 41+
28th May 2017

Friendly, helpful and effective team, with a clean establishment. The showers are effective, but haven't been replaced since the 80's... it's time. And please, some hooks [not little knobs!]—and maybe a little table—in the shower changing rooms to hold towels etc.

• Brazil, Male, 31-40
19th May 2017

Kind staff, great location and nice environment.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
12th May 2017
3.7

I checked in at 11am. The front desk agent was seemingly unimpressed. He completed the check in process and gave a tour without smiling once. The whole event last about 5 minutes and before the end I saw cockroaches crawling up the walls. For $30 downtown I wasn't expecting the Shangri La but I was really disappointed with this hostel. I ended up taking up a friends offer to stay with her in Oshawa because an hour by train away from the city was better than sleeping here. It's not worth it.

10th May 2017
4.0

Dirty, absolutely no security. Someone could've just walked in from outside into my room and stolen my laptop. Not cool

• France, Female, 31-40
7th May 2017
2.0

Worst place ever. I am choked that this place is a business open 2 disgusting showers for 25 people or more 1 disgusting toilet for 25 people or more The smell in the place when you enter is beyond disgusting and full of dirt Rooms are smelly the blankets smells bad and floor full of dirt Cockroaches everywhere left as far away as I could this place is not good to be a shelter so a hostel????! Do not give your money away this will be like sleeping in the street

• Canada, Female, 31-40
4th May 2017

A friendly, helpful place--lots of cheap tasty eats nearby. Down-side: blinds in womens room dont cover whole window: I got a bunk with the streetlight shining in my eye all night, bright enough to read by. I didnt get a whole lot of sleep as a result. By choosing some bunks in the room, you could avoid being illuminated by as if by spotlight all night --there just wasnt much choice by the time I arrived. It'd be great if they can fix the blinds to cover whole window!