7.2
Very Good 604 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 604 Total Reviews
Backpackers on Dundas Located at 126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor, Toronto.
Canada
Toronto Ontario M5G1R3 126 Chestnut St, 2nd Floor
72% 604
43.6548476 -79.3862843
    Rooms available

• Philippines, Male, 31-40
23rd Jul 2016

Very nice place to stay for a short time! Comfortable and awesome staff! Closed to the bus station! Thank you again for having me! I'll be back soon!

22nd Jul 2016
7.1

Conveniently located hostel. The hostel is really small but has all the basic necessities. The hostel rooms are rundown e.g. curtains are bad and it is difficult to sleep with the bright Toronto lights.

• USA, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2016
6.9

BOD was smaller than most hostels I've previously stayed in. It was just a couple of big 6-10 bed dorm rooms with a small common area and a couple of showers and bathrooms. They had a weird no-shoes on policy which I expect is more important during the winter when there's snow. Price is comparable or slightly cheaper than other hostels in the area, which had more amenities. Alas, I didn't stay at them, so I can't judge whether BOD is better or worse than the Toronto norm.

• hugoslavko3534
  • Mexico, Male, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
6.9

The good thing about this hostel is its location, across the street from the bus station and close to the heart of downtown Toronto. Staff is sometimes friendly, sometimes is somewhat indifferent. Facilities are regular. They do not offer breakfast, which is usually very valuable. I really liked that during my stay there were only male in the room. This way, if you want to save money and be in the heart of Toronto, this is a good place to go to.

• Germany, Male, 18-24
13th Jul 2016

Cool staff who were very laid-back about things like paying etc. Place was not the cleanest but not gross- although I'd recommend flip-flops for the floor (no shoes allowed). Security seemed... scarce but there were cameras in all the rooms so it wasn't too bad. Atmosphere was very good, super easy to get to talking people. Beds themselves were at the upper end of the hostel bed spectrum, I thought.

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

Nice place, nice people, the works. Its pretty chill and close to eaton center so hit this place up if youre goin to toronto. Subways are v close by

8th Jul 2016
3.1

Cold shower, took them a half hour to get us checked in, went for a long smoke right before we wanted to check out, one of the male staff barged into the women's dorm without knocking. Disaster of a place... do not recommend!!

5th Jul 2016
4.0

COCKROACH INFESTED!!! The hostel did not seem very clean. There were lockers in the dorms but no locks on the dorm doors. On the web site they advertise a swimming pool and there is none. It was very difficult to distinguish staff from guests. My biggest issue was the cockroaches, I almost walked out when I saw them, but could not afford the move. There also did not seem to be any effort to control them with traps or poison. I would never stay there again.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2016
4.9

Did not have the best experience with this hotel. I booked this hostel because I needed luggage storage, which they advertise, but when I got there the not so delightful receptionist bluntly told me they had none. Although he tried to reassure me that if I left my 3 pieces of luggage (which is branded by my airline) in the room that no one would seal it. I was quite frustrated because I definitely did not feel that my luggage would be safe left unattended in an unlocked room.

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
2nd Jul 2016
4.9

- The bathrooms are filled with cockroaches. - The hostel is small and rooms are close to each other, the 'entertainment' room being in the middle of two dormitories. There is no quiet hour rule so when people are having loud fun at night it feels like the party is inside your room. - The staff seemed nice at first, but on the day of the Toronto Pride they were watching videos and making sexist/homophobic comments loudly for hours. We heard "faggot!" +10 times. We felt very unsafe after t