Backpackers@SG Reviews

111J King George's Avenue, Singapore, Singapore

I was impressed with the staffs for their helping nature and cooperation.. hostel is very clean and tidy and good wifi...really enjoyed my two days staying with u!!

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Just OK for sleeping

Its good location. Near MRT

• 30th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

- Walking distance only 10min from Lavendar MRT. - 10/10 value for money!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

cozy hostel, nice staff, close to MRT.

• 22nd Sep 2014

recommended for backpackers, free breakfast, friendly staff, clean showers and fast internet. absolutely value for money.

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Indonesia

I was put in Travellers@SG. Microwave, toaster, hot water, no cooker. Breakfast + oats all day= two free meals. No washing machine so they do laundry which can be inconvenient. Clean enough but not well cleaned- my bed sheets were stained, shaving foam left on the bathroom wall the whole time I was there. Free wifi but can be temperamental. Comfortable bed, nowhere room for luggage= messy. Aircon is a redeeming feature. Not central but not bad location, near MRT easy to reach from airport.

the location is near MRT station, staff is helpful, they are always willing to help guests. breakfast and wifi are included, good for a budget stay.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

poor hygiene

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

the staff service is good, dorm is big and clean, bed is comfy, will definitely come and stay again. Cheers!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Japan

it was wonderful, I liked the lobby and outdoor space.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Ok hostel close to train where you can easily reach airport and the rest of the city. Close to supermarket and Lavender food court which has brilliant food and is cheap. They need to get a new cleaner as bathrooms were pretty dirty. Common rooms and bathrooms are hot as hell due to lack of air conditioning and fans.

A good hostel in general. The showers and bathrooms could be better and better cleaned, but it is not a big deal for backpackers, is it?

My boyfriend and I stayed here for just one night after accidentally booking a flight one day late and having no hotel room. It was fine for this purpose, but I definitely would not want to have stayed longer. The staff we nice but the place was a bit sketchy and a bit dirty. Nothing in particular, but still. Regardless, Singapore proved extremely expensive for us and we realized this is truly the best you'll get for your money there.

They just tranferred me to their other Backpackers.. Without letting me know.. And the other didnt have any 4bedrooms what i payd for so they told me there are only 3others in the room.. But we were 5 in the end.. so not really fair! But the travellers@sg was ok.. friendly staff and kind of clean... but too expensive for the accommodation they offer..

Free breakfast (toast and jam). Stuff very helpful. Near metro-station

Great place - very good value for money. We've stayed at a couple of places around the $10 mark in Singapore and this was easily to cleanest, most spacious and friendliest. Great location quite close to Lavender station and Little India. Best beds and air con we've had in SEA in a while!

Fine as far as hostels go. Lockers large enough to lock up anything valuable but not large enough to lock up your whole bag. Air conditioning in the rooms was glorious. The highlight for me was definitely the peanut butter with the free toast for breakfast instead of the standard jam and butter. You can also book cheaper tickets for activities through them which is nice and they are helpful

I loved the location. the staff was really great, very informative.

• 6th May 2014
  • Malaysia

I just had an issue, and this was related to the fact that I had a key badge which wasn't working. The staff would apparently fix the problem by kind of recharging the badge but at night would not work afain so one time I had to get out of the room when coming back I had to wake somebody up inside the room to get inside,like at 3am since no staff would appear until 8:30am. Next day,even having explained the card worked part of the time,they would just do the same thing: so I had same problem.