Backpacking Club Hostel Reviews

269/19 De Tham St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This is a brilliant hostel--and just about as good as it gets anywhere; with big spacious dorms on several floors, 3 excellent computers in a downstairs lounge area, a really good breakfast and great facilities all round: wifi, aircon, large clean bathrooms. The staff are also great and actually CARE about all their guests--which is in fact not so unusual in this lovely country: altogether, it's crazy good value. It would be hard to find a better location as well: with lots of good food nearby.

bed bugs, the air-cond was not functioning for few days and the toilet is not separated from the dorm, so sometimes it can be a bit smelly.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Worth the price. You get what you pay.

Very good breakfast and very close to the busstation, 2 min walk. Good hostel but keep in mind that the toilet and shower are in the dorm and are made up of a wall that does not reach the ceiling (so can be a bit noisy...)

Some of the staff didn't seem to care that we were there; other members of staff were very helpful, calling and making reservations for our transport. Dorms are fine; the bathrooms are right there next to your bed (good? bad?). Excellent spot in town, next to all the tour places and other hostels, and within walking distance of other points of interest.

I had to move room a few times as I was the only person in a 5 beds dorm and they needed the room for a couple, however staff was really apologetic and offered a discount. Great location in the middle of the backpacker area and walking distance to all main sites. Book your tours with them as they have the cheapest prices in the neighborhood. Staff is really attentive and caring. Good breakfast with sandwich jam and eggs,plus a banana, lots of coffee and tea available.

Great location and helpful staff. Internet was pretty slow and I was never once able to connect to wifi (might have just been my phone). If you are intending to book a private room just beware that you may be shafted to a neighboring location if all the rooms are taken up (even if you booked which I did twice). The rooms here do not have windows and the second room I stayed in smelt of cigarettes - added with no windows was not a great experience.

Really good hostel. Clean and well located

They have to this not to build a toilet and a shower in u bedroom as it doesn't work when the walls are made of thin plastic...very rude stuff too...I'll def not recommend staying there unless u need a place desperately

arrived, given no greeting, didnt ask for my name/booking told me to leave my passport with them (in a ziploc bag at the front door of the hostel in an alleyway...) and follow a woman booked a 5 bed dorm, was given 9 bed dorm. one bed was free but had not been cleaned since the last person stayed. they overcharged me, refused to give me my money back, asked me 2 leave when i wanted a clean bed. dirty hostel, no working plugs, random man walked into dorm twice in middle of night (no locks)

I'll start with the showers/ toilets located in the room but with only a tinny wall so you can hear/wake up with the noise...staff were friendly to start with but soon as you spend a day you actually see they really face...I would try another hostel if I get back to HCM city

I expected less because i paid less but i was surprised upon arrival

Will definitely be returning to this hostel whenever I visit HCMC again. Friendly, helpful staff really made me feel at home and comfortable.

• 19th Nov 2013

hostel for getting around in and around Saigon. Very helpful staff. Good choice to Start a Trip alone...

We stayed in a mixed dorm. In general everything was fine: the bed sheets are clean. Some advice to the bacpackers who will stay in the hostel: there are locers in the room but you are advised to bring your own lock as the staff will advise you to do the same when you ariive there.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • Russia

Clean dorm, if you want privacy with toileting you will get it to a certain extent, the toilets are in the same room as the beds, but do have doors. the lockers are not big enough for an entire ruck sack/backpack but only big enough to fit in more valuable possessions. Otheriwse helpful staff, not rude, one guy doesnt speak any english but sits at the front desk so he can seem a bit stand offish. other than that no problems, I would recommend it!

• 29th Sep 2013

Its worth going to Supertar just for this hostel - loads of fun, really friendly staff and great for meeting other backpackers.Breakfast really good. Excellent place for the price. Quiet, clean and comfortable. I would recommend strongly

• 11th Sep 2013
  • Philippines

cheap hotel

• 7th Aug 2013

The staff was not helpful at all, never a smile or a word more. They just want to make money and nothing else. The 4 bed dorms i stayed had the bathroom in the room separated only by a plastic wall(no ceiling). So everytime somebody would have to take a shower or going to the toilet you could hear everything.

Good, cheap hostel in the heart of the Saigon backpacker district.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7