Backyard Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

A bit more expensive then other places but I had a nice stay and the staff were really sweet

• 31st Mar 2015

Very good location in tourist area, in a quiet backstreet with a private guard at the front door. Very safe. Very friendly. The staff always made sure I was happy, free bottled water most days if I asked. The food was cheaper than most street restaurants and cafes!!! Free wifi, lockers etc, roof top dining area, but the toilet facilities weren't the best. Provided our own toilet paper mostly and it was one room for the shower and toilet. Other than that. HOME AWAY FROM HOME. coming back!

• 22nd Feb 2015

The staff was so helpfull😃 this is the perfect place for young people, especially backpackers. The toilet in our room was not working, but except for that everything was good!

Great stay in the heart of Thamel. Although there are cheaper places in Thamel. But very clean and nice and friendly staff. You must pay for breakfast that's a minor thing. The staff also provide you a good service from the airport and a lot of activities. Because i had one day they provide me a driver and a car to drive me around in Kathmandu.

I stayed in a four bedroom dorm and found the rooms to be updated and clean. The personal lockers were also nice to have and the location was ideal. The shared bathrooms were quite small however. Also be aware that with a dorm room you don't get a free airport pickup or breakfast.

Lovely comfy beds but if you're booking the dorm room, neither airport pickup nor breakfast is included (700rs and 200/250rs respectively) the airport pickup was waiting for me despite my late arrival time and the driver was friendly. Make sure you have some money to tip the porter who takes you from the airport to the car as I only had money for the driver, which was embarrassing! The hotel itself is a good budget hotel and the staff are super friendly and helpful.

this hostel is great. the staff is superb the tours are well organized and overall the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. i can hardly recommend anythng better.