Backyard Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

I stayed in a four bedroom dorm and found the rooms to be updated and clean. The personal lockers were also nice to have and the location was ideal. The shared bathrooms were quite small however. Also be aware that with a dorm room you don't get a free airport pickup or breakfast.

Lovely comfy beds but if you're booking the dorm room, neither airport pickup nor breakfast is included (700rs and 200/250rs respectively) the airport pickup was waiting for me despite my late arrival time and the driver was friendly. Make sure you have some money to tip the porter who takes you from the airport to the car as I only had money for the driver, which was embarrassing! The hotel itself is a good budget hotel and the staff are super friendly and helpful.

this hostel is great. the staff is superb the tours are well organized and overall the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. i can hardly recommend anythng better.

Beware of additional charges - breakfast menu stated complimentary breakfast for all hotel guests - were later told that what was written in black and white does not apply to dorm room guests - additional credit card fee which was not stated anywhere - these two disputes led manager laughing in our face and saying that we had no option but to pay - we walked out and to our surprise the security did not stop us and we proceeded to the tourist police - hotel manager threatened to cancel flights.

Price went up 50% after the initial booking. Hotel offered no relief from kathmandus noise & pollution. New addition under construction, dogs, roosters, horns,,, Lobby always Overcrowded. One thing going for the place was a friendly staff and a tasty breakfast.

Hostel listing should be updated to make it clear that Airport Pickup & Breakfast is only Free to those in private rooms. The guys who work on reception were very helpful assisting with telephone calls to the airport to locate my lost luggage. Nice atmosphere and big dorm beds with secure luggage storage.

I did not sleep in this hotel, because my flight did not land in Kathmandu due to very bad weather (cyclone left overs). I sent a cancellation to the hotel as soon as possible, but when I showed up the next day, they could/would not help me, and I left to find another room, which by the wy is very easy in Kathmandu. A bad experience ...

I went there at the beginning of October, and it was really nice. Compare to others, it was a little bit more expensive but I wasn't ddisappointed by the service and the personnel. This latter was really friendly, answering all my questions. I enjoyed.

The whole team was really nice and helpful. I loved the roof top terrace for the breakfast and I'm so grateful for the surprise room in the new block on my last day in Nepal!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Excellent staff, great location, and a lot of facilities including good WiFi. I stayed in the 4 bed shared dorm, and it was excellent. We had large storage lockers and small ones for each person, the rooms were clean, had power supply for my electronic devices next to my bed, the breakfast from the rooftop had amazing views. The staff was eager to help and provided a lot of tips and information on Nepal tourist attractions and volunteer opportunities in Kathmandu. I highly recommend this place.

The staff was very helpful and kind when I arrived at the hostel. One of the only downsides is that there are 6 storeys and no elevator so when ill or tired they become quite a mission.

We stayed 9 nights in this place and we really enjoyed the time. The staff is awesome and they are so friendly. The room is clean and we had excellent breakfast on the rooftop. We also booked a trekking tour in the office, which was well organised and we had such a good time. If you want to have a good time in Kathmandu, this is the perfect place.

Every staff have a honest smile.. Thanks Backyard Hotel

Friendly and kind staff. Very helpful!