Backyard Hotel Reviews

Thamel, Kathmandu, Kathmandu, Nepal

Very good location in tourist area, in a quiet backstreet with a private guard at the front door. Very safe. Very friendly. The staff always made sure I was happy, free bottled water most days if I asked. The food was cheaper than most street restaurants and cafes!!! Free wifi, lockers etc, roof top dining area, but the toilet facilities weren't the best. Provided our own toilet paper mostly and it was one room for the shower and toilet. Other than that. HOME AWAY FROM HOME. coming back!

• 22nd Feb 2015

The staff was so helpfull😃 this is the perfect place for young people, especially backpackers. The toilet in our room was not working, but except for that everything was good!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Norway

Great stay in the heart of Thamel. Although there are cheaper places in Thamel. But very clean and nice and friendly staff. You must pay for breakfast that's a minor thing. The staff also provide you a good service from the airport and a lot of activities. Because i had one day they provide me a driver and a car to drive me around in Kathmandu.

I stayed in a four bedroom dorm and found the rooms to be updated and clean. The personal lockers were also nice to have and the location was ideal. The shared bathrooms were quite small however. Also be aware that with a dorm room you don't get a free airport pickup or breakfast.

Lovely comfy beds but if you're booking the dorm room, neither airport pickup nor breakfast is included (700rs and 200/250rs respectively) the airport pickup was waiting for me despite my late arrival time and the driver was friendly. Make sure you have some money to tip the porter who takes you from the airport to the car as I only had money for the driver, which was embarrassing! The hotel itself is a good budget hotel and the staff are super friendly and helpful.

this hostel is great. the staff is superb the tours are well organized and overall the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. i can hardly recommend anythng better.

Beware of additional charges - breakfast menu stated complimentary breakfast for all hotel guests - were later told that what was written in black and white does not apply to dorm room guests - additional credit card fee which was not stated anywhere - these two disputes led manager laughing in our face and saying that we had no option but to pay - we walked out and to our surprise the security did not stop us and we proceeded to the tourist police - hotel manager threatened to cancel flights.

Price went up 50% after the initial booking. Hotel offered no relief from kathmandus noise & pollution. New addition under construction, dogs, roosters, horns,,, Lobby always Overcrowded. One thing going for the place was a friendly staff and a tasty breakfast.

Hostel listing should be updated to make it clear that Airport Pickup & Breakfast is only Free to those in private rooms. The guys who work on reception were very helpful assisting with telephone calls to the airport to locate my lost luggage. Nice atmosphere and big dorm beds with secure luggage storage.

Was some construction going on while i was staying, no wifi in my room but i had a sim so I got by. Gopi was really helpful, even took me out for a drink and showed me my way around Thamel a little. Really comfy beds, nice hot showers. No room clean during my 3 night stay though. Security was good.

I did not sleep in this hotel, because my flight did not land in Kathmandu due to very bad weather (cyclone left overs). I sent a cancellation to the hotel as soon as possible, but when I showed up the next day, they could/would not help me, and I left to find another room, which by the wy is very easy in Kathmandu. A bad experience ...

I went there at the beginning of October, and it was really nice. Compare to others, it was a little bit more expensive but I wasn't ddisappointed by the service and the personnel. This latter was really friendly, answering all my questions. I enjoyed.