Bacoo Hostel Reviews

Alto de la alianza 693, La Paz, Bolivia

the promised whirlpool, the hammock and the spa didn´t exist!! the breakfast is very poor (in case it is served). it can also be that the stuff gets drunk all the night and refuses to serve breakfast. when trying to talk to someone at the reception it turned out that no one has shown up and we could only talk to the cleaning lady. not to be recommended!!

• 11th Dec 2014

WiFi - but normal in Bolivia / There's a bar and all but atmosphere isn't great. Bar is large and everyone is on their phones. They should change the style of the bar so people can interact more.

Whilst the staff were nice, the hostel was very dirty! Our room did not have a lock or a handle. We had to use our own lock to secure the door. The window was just a sliding window that anyone could have entered through. The breakfast was stale bread and the sheets were not washed. One night I noticed a group of young Bolivians not from the hostel drinking in the bar and being very rowdy until 6:30am. I question the security of the hostel. I would not stay here again. Sorry!

• 12th Nov 2014

Location notthe best

The hostel is old and very hard to find where to plug phones, CPU etc.. I ve let my extra battery in the common room for the night making sure I d be the last one to leave the room at midnight as they close it until morning. I was the first one to come in and my battery disepeared. I went to staff with confidence someone picked it up. Nope. And they made no effort asking around if someone found it. They gave me attitude while I asked nicely. Very disappointing.

Gteat hostel with a bar

really good hostel. It's pretty new so not many people know it. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The showers and toilets are clean and spacious. There is a bar you can hand around and play pool. There is lockers to store your personal staff and there is the possibility to book tours via the hostel. The breakfast is included but it is not good so I would recommend improvement on that. The bread is cold and hard and the butter is like a rock. The coffee is not great either.

Good location and decent bar and restaurant. Staff were friendly and the place was clean. Hot water in the showers, although they were a bit far from our room. Generally pretty good place.

We stayed there only one night but I wish I stayed there longer. It's a great place to hang out. Pool, ping pong, a big backyard. The staff was friendly overall, especially the ones working at the bar (Daniel, Pia, and another one I forgot his name). The rooms were alright, and the shower is cold if a lot of people are using it, but if you wait 10 minutes will be OK.

Good warm shower, good facilities

Staff were very kind and helpful, especially when being a liaison between us and external tour operators who spoke only Spanish. Felt safe there and the showers were hot. They didn't have the room we booked when we arrived but they were able to put us in a shared dorm for cheaper.

• 24th Jul 2014