Bacoo Hostel Reviews

Alto de la alianza 693, La Paz, Bolivia

The hostel is well located and well handled.

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice and relaxed atmosphere! Feels like home. A tour agency in the hostel is a plus and allows you to book everything you like.

• 5th Jan 2015

the promised whirlpool, the hammock and the spa didn´t exist!! the breakfast is very poor (in case it is served). it can also be that the stuff gets drunk all the night and refuses to serve breakfast. when trying to talk to someone at the reception it turned out that no one has shown up and we could only talk to the cleaning lady. not to be recommended!!

• 11th Dec 2014

WiFi - but normal in Bolivia / There's a bar and all but atmosphere isn't great. Bar is large and everyone is on their phones. They should change the style of the bar so people can interact more.

Whilst the staff were nice, the hostel was very dirty! Our room did not have a lock or a handle. We had to use our own lock to secure the door. The window was just a sliding window that anyone could have entered through. The breakfast was stale bread and the sheets were not washed. One night I noticed a group of young Bolivians not from the hostel drinking in the bar and being very rowdy until 6:30am. I question the security of the hostel. I would not stay here again. Sorry!

• 12th Nov 2014

Location notthe best

The hostel is old and very hard to find where to plug phones, CPU etc.. I ve let my extra battery in the common room for the night making sure I d be the last one to leave the room at midnight as they close it until morning. I was the first one to come in and my battery disepeared. I went to staff with confidence someone picked it up. Nope. And they made no effort asking around if someone found it. They gave me attitude while I asked nicely. Very disappointing.

Gteat hostel with a bar