Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here for ages and it was great. Good location for trips in any direction around Istanbul and a great terrace up on the roof!

Location is perfect and the hostel has a cool atmosphere with a pretty sweet rooftop bar open for breakfast with reasonably cheap pancakes.

Nice place overall. The showers were bad and the Internet really bad. The air conditioning was excellent. The dorms had enough space which is nice. The main reason I booked this place was because they said I could check in before the check in time if the bed was ready, when I arrived I was told that it would be ready until 3 because they were full book the previous night, but when I did check in I found out that there were two free bed.

I originally booked Bada Bing just for two nights, hoping to change hostels. However, I enjoyed the time at BadaBing so much that. extended another two days and spent the whole time in Istanbul there. It is a perfect place to make friends and also the staff are super friendly. Mr.Soner, our travel consultant took good care of us even after leaving the hostel. I will definitely go to Bada Bing if I return to Istanbul. The location is also great!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They are always willing to advise you on where to go as well as the timings and costs of monuments, in short they help you to get the most out of your trip to Istanbul. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable. There's great wifi coverage and clean bathrooms/showers. Mr. Soner is also very accommodating and goes out of his way to ensure that guests have a great visit.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Pakistan

This Hostel is in an excellent location in a very cool part of Istanbul that many tourists dont come across. The staff are happy to help and arrange pickups etc for you. Warning: look up the exact location and direcyions before you arrive, the directions provided are not very accurate! The showers and toilets are relatively clean, but the rooms are fairly nosy betweeen walls. Would stay here again purely for the location.

Thank you so much for your stay and your kind review! I can assure that the given directions are accurate.

My only complaint was my room smelled strongly of mold which is a big concern

Had such a good experience at Bada Bing! Staff are super friendly and so helpful, people you meet there are awesome and it's got such a fantastic loves to everything in Istanbul. Would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is looking at traveling in Istanbul :D

• 3rd Aug 2015

These guys are brilliant hosts and it was fun hanging out in the hostel. I'd definitely recommend staying here if you are looking to relax after a days travel across the city.

Facilities and atmosphere were great, however the Gallipoli tour is overpriced. A tour that they charged 99 euros for, we got elsewhere for 65 (the market rate is around 79).

Bada Bing is a great location if you want to discover Istanbul, as it's close from old town and Istiklal Caddesi. About the facilities, rooms and bathrooms are okay. There's a cool rooftop area where you can chill out, have beers or even BBQ. Staff is very friendly, special thanks to Soner who helped us great deal to find a rental minivan for our road trip. Having been in a certain number of hostels around the world, such a helpful staff is really rare. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 1st Aug 2015

The location could not be better! Easy to get to ferry, old town, Istikal Street, and tram. Good for meeting people as a solo female traveler. The terrace is awesome for hanging out and meeting people. If you want something reallly clean this is not for you, but it isn't unsanitary. Breakfast is bad, but the best breakfast spots in all of Istanbul are within three blocks - definitely recommend having breakfast there instead.

• 1st Aug 2015

It was fantastic. The rooms were good and the staff were even better. They tried to make sure we had not only a good time in the hostel but in Istanbul as well asking us what we wanted to do and then suggesting place to see.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Amazing experience!! Lover h

• 27th Jul 2015

best hostel in Istanbul. Friendly staff, great location and the rooftop area and bar makes for a fun atmosphere any day of the week. i was a solo traveller and had no problems meeting people.

• 24th Jul 2015

Bada bing is absolutely excellent place. Only a few hundred metres from Galata bridge, below which are a bunch of lovely cheap restaurants. A decent (but achievable) walk to the grand bizarre and also blue mosque. Attracts a great bunch of people, and the staff are extremely helpful. The main guy, Soner, is a travel agent and helps you organise all your day trips. Bar and breakfast joint upstairs with some decent stuff. Seriously loved this place and would definitely recommend it. X

• 23rd Jul 2015

A fantastic hostel, walking distance to everywhere and the most helpful staff I have come across. Would stay here again for sure

OWNER PLEASE READ: the beer is overpriced in the bar. Taksim bars are the same price, and the hostel isn't a Taksim bar. I don't like feeling like I'm being ripped off. I've heard the reasoning about the grocery store not having a rooftop bar, but if the beer was cheaper, I would drink more of it and you would make more money. Every person I talked to felt the same way. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS! We've been to a lot of hostels and we know what we're talking about. Otherwise, really great hostel.

My stay at Badabing hostel was for 2 nights, 1 night before a tour around Turkey and another night after the end of the tour. The entire tour was organised by Mr. Soner who works at badabing hostel. He does an amazing job of getting tours organised and his communication with me during the tour was greatly appreciated The hostel has everything you need while staying in Istanbul. It's in a great location, has really helpful staff and the bar upstairs was one of my favourites to hang out in Europe.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great value for money. The travel agent Soner that is attached to the hostel was fantastic with organising an itinerary for us to explore some of the best of Turkey outside of Istanbul. We told him what we were interested in seeing and our time-frame and budget, he organised a wonderful package for us incorporating what we wanted. Everything was organised from the transfers to accommodation , tours and cruise. Definitely check them out.

• 16th Jul 2015