Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

We had a great stay in Bada Bıng, where we decided to stay way longer than expected. Volcan is a great host, welcoming us with a glas of redwine when we came friday night (and frecuently during our stay), and is very helpful with anything you would need. We can definately recommend this cheap and great located hostel!

Very good hostel! batrooms are newly renovated. Location is also very good, all the major attractions are within walking distance plus there are many coffeeshops and restaurants in the neighborhood. Right in the heart of the city. Istanbul modern was only steps away. Staff is vey friendly and helpful. They inform you well at the check in and always there for you for your questions. Volkan the manager is an awesome guy. I would definitely stay here again!

• 26th Feb 2015

Private room was good! Bathrooms were could have done with a clean.

Best Hostel I've stayed. Security is tight, and at the same time inclusive (24Hs manned reception, huge backpack capacity lockers, lobby and hall cameras). Comfortable kitchen and an invitacion to make myself feel at home. Big bathrooms, comfortable showers and extremely clean. Special mention to Şükrü, the night guy, who was very kindz always willing to assist with a huge smile on his face, and Volcan, who also took us out one night to show us around. GREAT LOCATION TOO!!!

Volkan was a friendly and welcoming host. His knowledge of Istanbul and local daily activities was superb. Our room was beautiful and the location truly could not have been better. Easy walking distances from the main historical sites, nightlife and good restaurants. Volkan helped us with all our needs for on going travel. His recommendation for the Turkish baths was perfect for us and one of the best priced options. Would recommend the private rooms as an excellent alternative to any hotel.

A really greatz hostel. Nice atmosphere and great people working there. I loved that there was tee all the time. Really clean and nice rooms too. The location of the hostel is pretty good for everything. Nightife, tourist stuff and so on. I would go totally go there a second time!

• 17th Feb 2015

The staff here is very helpful. Good location near Galata tower and river. Hot shower was especially good. But i wanted to have something different for breakfast. Turkish breakfast was nice but for more than 2 days, it is too much

• 6th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Volkan was so nice, we talked for an hour about modern Turkey and what it's like being a secular pacifist in the current climate...Bada Bing also has a travel agency that I used to book for Capadocia and Pamukkale, it was very helpful. The location was AMAZING, everything is within half an hour walking distance in any direction. Hot water at all hours. Breakfast typical Turkish. I definitely recommend Bada Bing for your Istanbul stay! If I come back, I would stay there again.

• 4th Feb 2015

I had a great time in Istanbul, specially at the hostel!the staff is very friendly and always ready to help you!! We booked a double bed private room and it was very clean and tidy when we jumped in! Really suggest this Hostel-cheap and well located!

Showers could use some maintainence. A few weren't working. Breakfast sucked. The French roast had clearly been cooked in the morning and microwaved when I ordered it. And the staff left the master key in my door. Not very responsible. However the location is great. No need to metro or taxi. Everything is walking distance. Comfy beds.

I have travelled the world, and this is one of the worst hostels i've ever stayed in. The staff were very unfriendly, they were smoking when they were making breakfast and the manager at reception actually threatened me. The place was old , locks not working etc. And there was no hot water for the first day of my trip, even though it was freezing outside. It was also very dirty with stained sheets. I would not recommend this hostel to anybody and for the price (11euro) there are much better!

Good value for the money and frankly speaking you get what you paid for. Staffs are super friendly and Alex can communicate in English which is a plus. I stayed almost a week in this hostel and had no problem with the WiFi connection whatsoever; however, shower rooms, perhaps, require a more frequent maintenance service. The hostel is well located in the heart of the city with walking distance of the Galata tower. And last but not least is the generous breakfast which proved Turkish hospitality.

I had a great stay in Istanbul at the Bada Bing Hostel over New Year's Eve. The staff is really great, they're very helpful whenever you need advice. They also organise social activities and always make sure their guests are satisfied and connect with each other. The location is perfect. Walking distance to the main attractions in Istanbul and close to Galata and Taksim to go out in the evening. Beautiful rooftop bar with terrace.

• 31st Dec 2014

Showers didn't work properly, bed sheets weren't even the size of the bed so you would end up sleeping right on top of the mattress. WiFi didnt work properly anywhere. People would sleep in the same bed sheets that the previous person had used for the same bed (nobody changed the bed sheets when people checked out). The location is near 2 tram stations and the galata bridge.

The best thing about Bada Bing is it's location. The service was good, very helpful. The cleanliness is debatable, I found it below average but it could also be that the facilities are old. I had a good experience over all.

Nice atmosphere but be careful while paying, the Greek guy at the reception usually tries to charge you more

Excellent location close to the tram, Tunnel and ferry port. Staff was very friendly and breakfast good. Decided to go back there when I'm again in Istanbul before finishing the trip.

You get what you pay for at Bada Bing. It is well located in the heart of Istanbul, and all the main attractions are within walking distance. It is right near the wharfs, where from you can catch a ferry to the Asian side. The included breakfast is a huge plus, and not too bad considering the low price of the hostel. The major downsides are the showers, which were in a state of disrepair, and the absence of wifi in the bedrooms. But then again, if you are staying in hostels you don't expect much

Well located, really helpfull staff and good atmosphere (made many friends to hang out). I stayed there during low season and I could feel the maintenance of the building was quite poor. The first day I woke up a bit late and shower was pretty cold, but was hot the rest of the days. It was cold outside, but heating was really good. It has a kitchen and breakfast included.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Spain

Loved Ahmed and Alex at the front desk - lovely, helpful people! Would have liked it if the dorm rooms were as clean as the lovely, spa-like bathrooms! Glad there was a common computer on the first floor - very useful. Breakfast together was fun - enjoyed the Turkish tea, aka "Chai."

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5