Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel was ideally located close to the beyoglu area, the price is very cheap, and the staff very friendly (special mention to Deniz), I'll come back =) .

• 10th Aug 2013

I passed so good time in this hostel with a excellent good personel ..)) This hostel is very well situed near to different historic place .. And for sure not far to famous bar and disco in Istanbul ... Istanbul is a very beautiful city and i hope i will come back again in this city ..:)

• 9th Aug 2013

This was a great hostel. The rooms got tidied everyday and the bathrooms cleaned everyday. The roof top bwas great and meant it was easy to meet people and make friends, so if you are travelling alone, this is the place to stay. The location is great, walking distance to Taksim and a tram close by to get you to the main attractions. Only cons - wifi wasn't great in my room but was good in common areas and there was only one power point in the dorm. Apart from that, I'd definitely go back.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Nice terrace at the top of the building , good to chill out. Shower facilitys were average. Lose screws and doors in the shower were hard to push. Should be fixed. I stayed on the first floor in a 4 bed dorm, it was clean and airconditioned!! (very nice)

We had the double room, which was spacious and clean, aircon was really good and appreciated in summer. Communal bathrooms were generally clean and hostel organised activities allowed us to meet other travellers. Rooftop terrace was cute and a nice way to mingle with others and eat the always fresh Turkish breakfast. Staff could have been more helpful in tips and directions, and could have been more friendly. They also could have been more accommodating of our requests. Great stay overall.

Enjoyed my stay here hostel is nice and clean in a good location! Bit noisy at night the roof top terrace was right above our room you could hear everything! Wifi didn't work in rooms. Breakfast was good lots of options!

Thank you for a very nice stay in Istanbul. Mustafa was very accomodating, taking the time to Show me on the map, what I can do in Istanbul in one day and I had a great time. The female dorm is very good, you have the possibility to lock all your stuff like Backpack and more in your personal locker. Nice terrace for chill out after a long day touring. Unfortunately the internet didnt work properly. Nobody could log into wifi from midday till late evening. please get someone to take care of bath

The staff was really cool, at least the younger people. What I didn't like about the hostel, was that it is very commercial. Like, they have a rooftop bar, but you may only drink beers that the hostel sells there. For 8 Lira (4 euros), while there are bars where they sell a beer for 6 Liras (3 euros). Bathroom facilities really dirty and broken. I think they clean it once a day. And all the showers still have to be repaired. I'm definitely sure they have enough money to repair it.

Friendly welcome and information. Good atmosphere with activities to meet other travellers and explore area. Rooms spacious and clean with big lockers under beds. Nice rooftop bar and breakfast area. WiFi works well in reception or bar. Only thing I would suggest is more power points so travellers can charge phones, cameras.

BadaBing was one of the best hostels we encountered in Europe. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm which had full a/c, large lockups under all the beds and reasonably comfortable beds. The best thing though was the people. Mustafa helped us plan the rest of our trip through Cappadocia and the Blue Cruises setting us up with a great deal. While everyone else was helpful guiding tours into the city. When you're asked to bring duty free alcohol, do it.

This is an excellent Hostel! Staff is very friendly. Hostel's location is very good. There you have all you need. I left my heart there.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Georgia

The private rooms were fantastic. I have stayed in private rooms through the world and these were the best. The staff are terrific when I arrived they offered me a tea and talked about my trip. There travel agency is awesome, I had 3 nights booked then realised that I wanted to leave on a tour a night earlier. Not only did they refund my last night, they helped plan flights for no commission, and booked my tour for cheaper than I could find else where. As for Mustafa he is the man!!!

The facilities are great, the location is perfect.. Staff are kind but they seemed unorganised. I previously notified them i would be arriving at 6 am, yet they didn't have my bed ready until after check in time at 330. The hostel bar is more expensive than most in Istanbul and happy hour is nothing special; but the terrace is a fantastic space to meet travellers.

Bada Bing is a lovely hostel in the perfect spot; I would definitely recommend staying here. Super friendly staff, nice rooms (we shared a single one) with a safe, and basic but very nice breakfast up on the rooftop terrace. The only drawbacks: the state of the toilets and the frequency with which the lights went out when not moving (their sensors did not work well or were adjusted poorly so one was constantly in the dark in the hallway or when trying to open the room. Overall a great hostel!

• 31st Jul 2013

Excel·lent atmosphere in the hostel thanks to the staff who are really nice and friendly, specially Murat and Mustafa.

• 31st Jul 2013
  • Andorra

This hostel is one of the best I've ever stayed at, friendly welcoming staff and a great atmosphere at the rooftop bar

• 30th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel to meet other people- perfect location! Really friendly staff too! Will definitely be back!

I arrived to check in and I was welcomed with the traditional Turkish tea and a good chat with the staff guy. They helped me with everything. They gave me tips, just about everything planned for me. I am traveling one year in various places and was definitely the best place that I received. Enjoy to schedule your tours with tour agency. Worth.

Good overall. Good location, between main sights and Taksim square. The rooftop bar is perfect to meet ppl, good for solo travelers (as I am). Cool but small kitchen with all the kitchenware. Staff was awesome! However, the bathrooms lacked mechanical maintenance. The showers and sinks were functional but busted. I also saw the cleaning lady just tighten the «used» bed sheet spray febreeze on them and pretend they are clean. I was sick in my bed for 3 days, I hope she washed them...

The staff here are easily the best staff I've come across in my hostel experience. They are so helpful and incredibly welcoming. The hostel is a great place to meet new people, it's a very social space. The rooftop is perfect all day round. I would have no hesitation about staying here again.