Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Showers could use some maintainence. A few weren't working. Breakfast sucked. The French roast had clearly been cooked in the morning and microwaved when I ordered it. And the staff left the master key in my door. Not very responsible. However the location is great. No need to metro or taxi. Everything is walking distance. Comfy beds.

Good value for the money and frankly speaking you get what you paid for. Staffs are super friendly and Alex can communicate in English which is a plus. I stayed almost a week in this hostel and had no problem with the WiFi connection whatsoever; however, shower rooms, perhaps, require a more frequent maintenance service. The hostel is well located in the heart of the city with walking distance of the Galata tower. And last but not least is the generous breakfast which proved Turkish hospitality.

I had a great stay in Istanbul at the Bada Bing Hostel over New Year's Eve. The staff is really great, they're very helpful whenever you need advice. They also organise social activities and always make sure their guests are satisfied and connect with each other. The location is perfect. Walking distance to the main attractions in Istanbul and close to Galata and Taksim to go out in the evening. Beautiful rooftop bar with terrace.

• 31st Dec 2014

Showers didn't work properly, bed sheets weren't even the size of the bed so you would end up sleeping right on top of the mattress. WiFi didnt work properly anywhere. People would sleep in the same bed sheets that the previous person had used for the same bed (nobody changed the bed sheets when people checked out). The location is near 2 tram stations and the galata bridge.

The best thing about Bada Bing is it's location. The service was good, very helpful. The cleanliness is debatable, I found it below average but it could also be that the facilities are old. I had a good experience over all.

Nice atmosphere but be careful while paying, the Greek guy at the reception usually tries to charge you more

Excellent location close to the tram, Tunnel and ferry port. Staff was very friendly and breakfast good. Decided to go back there when I'm again in Istanbul before finishing the trip.

You get what you pay for at Bada Bing. It is well located in the heart of Istanbul, and all the main attractions are within walking distance. It is right near the wharfs, where from you can catch a ferry to the Asian side. The included breakfast is a huge plus, and not too bad considering the low price of the hostel. The major downsides are the showers, which were in a state of disrepair, and the absence of wifi in the bedrooms. But then again, if you are staying in hostels you don't expect much

Well located, really helpfull staff and good atmosphere (made many friends to hang out). I stayed there during low season and I could feel the maintenance of the building was quite poor. The first day I woke up a bit late and shower was pretty cold, but was hot the rest of the days. It was cold outside, but heating was really good. It has a kitchen and breakfast included.

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Spain

Loved Ahmed and Alex at the front desk - lovely, helpful people! Would have liked it if the dorm rooms were as clean as the lovely, spa-like bathrooms! Glad there was a common computer on the first floor - very useful. Breakfast together was fun - enjoyed the Turkish tea, aka "Chai."

Bada Bing was a great hostel to stay at! Alex was extremely helpful in recommending places to eat and explore, as well as friendly and courteous, offering me tea when my throat was sore and taking my bag to my room when I wasn't feeling well. It is well located, only a short walk to the Grand Bazaar and Spice Markets while surrounded by shops and great places to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

They need to update their directions. They state that travelers need to turn left "across from the Suzuki shop." This creates confustion as there is no suzuki shop. I ended up getting lost on my way there.

I cannot rate this hostel high enough. There was such a good atmosphere with both the staff and the guests, great breakfast (can choose from different options), comfy beds, super clean bathrooms, good location (close to many atms, restaurants and a supermarket). The staff were super friendly and were more than happy to help (over a cup of Turkish coffee they made) and always just down for a general chat too.

Awesome time in BadaBing. The staff helped me with everything that I needed. They helped me to plan my trip to Cappadocia, and book my baloon flight. Very friendly staff and a calm place to stay. Just a few minutes walking from the spice bazaar.

good value for money...Staff are super helpful with anything and everything answering lots of questions and helping us book our trip to Cappadocia. The wifi is a bit spotty and its got an okay atmosphere (in saying that we were there in the low season). The free breakfast is really good and there are some games upstairs. Probably wouldn't stay there as a solo traveller but then again it was low season so might be more viby in the high season? Would stay there again.

I loved my stay. Super cheap and well located. Friendly staff. Great place, really!

Our stay at the hostel was nice. Breaksfast is great and so is the staff, especially Ahmet was very nice helping us out whenever we needed something and giving us great tipps. The bathrooms could be cleaner, the showers aren't working properly and our mattress was pretty worn out. All in all the hostel can be recommended to young people with a low budget and not too many demands :)

place was kind of a mess and the door to my room was broken. Everything was out of order and the staff was bickering. Breakfast wasn't very good

• 25th Nov 2014

Great hostel, one of the bests where ive stayed. Great staff and atmosphere. I started booking three days and end up staying for ten. Defenetly recomend this hostel. Cheers

The hostel has a really nice feel about it and it is really easy to meet other people. The location is great if you want to be out of the hustle and bustle but its a quick walk to sultanahmet and cafes/bars in Taksim. The facilities seem a little undermanaged, in terms of showers working properly, some heating problems etc. and the bunks make a weird noise. However for the price the hostel is definitely still worth it. Really friendly staff and great breakfast