Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Rooms are simple and very clean. Washroom is clean as well. Staff is nice. However, the room is relatively small with 8 people with huge luggage. This Hostel is close the old town city, we can walk to old town city within half an hour. This hostel is close to Grand Rue de Pera as well. The hostel is close to the tramway station. We did see lots of activities organized by the hostel, unfortunately, we didn't spent a long time in Bada Bing.

Stayed for 4 nights in a ensuite bedroom with my boyfriend (September 2013). The room was lovely and clean (but there was no housekeeping despite having put out the cleaning sign) just like the picture promised. It was situated in a building across the street from the actual hostel. The rest of the hostel looked a bit old and not as hip and nice as in the pictures.Breakfast was good but a bit small compared to what we've seen elsewhere in turkey. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hostel staff were quite unfriendly, didnt really make me feel welcomed or gone an extra mile to talk to me. The common area was nice but the hostel bar was not serving on the nights when I was there, a shame cause it coukd have been a cool spot to hang out.

Staff were excellent! Walls could do with a bit of a wash in the dorms and some extra power sockets would be good too!

• 25th Sep 2013

Awesome location, so close to everything. Breakfast included was great and to be able to enjoy it outside in the sun, nice !!! Think I got the noisiest bunk in the room, sorry to everyone that had to hear it every time I moved.

Perfectly nice hostel,the beds were large,comfy and the room was spacious and clean ,friendly staff, area is very safe and very close to the Galata tower, as well as a short walk to the ferry,Galata bridge and haghia sophia. The atmosphere at the rooftop is wonderful. Everyday they had some activities -barbeque,free walking tour, pub crawl. And they helped me arrange cappadocia tours, balloon and sailing.i haven't had a better hostel experience anywhere. Enjoy it. I'll be back soon :)

• 23rd Sep 2013

Bada Bing Hostel is one of the best hostel that i have ever stayed. Firstly the breakfast was avesome. It is so important to start a new day. Also the location is perfect and hostel is so close to the galata tower, blue mosque, haghia sophia museum. Staff was amazing. Also they have an ageancy and they managed a wonderful cappadocia, ephesus and pamukkale trip for me. Thank you guys for everything. I will definetely come back to this hostel.슈퍼 장소

• 23rd Sep 2013
  • North Korea

Very good breakfast. Excellent position closed to Sultanhamet, Istiklal and means od transportation. Some wrong information at the checkin such as the cost of 20TL for the Muze Pass instead of 85 TL!!! And they also gave us the wrong password for the wifi, that's different between private room building and hostel building. The room was very nice and quiet, I think it would be better to provide at least a daily cleaning for the price they ask for it.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Quite big Hostel, offers good breakfast (not only toast and ceareals, like most places). Nice roof top terrace and some of the staff members are really nice. Most of the trips offered on the board didn't happend, because the staff seamed to here about them the first time. The place is kind of dirty, although the bathrooms appears to be cleaned every day. My room haven't been moped in the six days I stayed there and was filthy. All in all it's not the best and not the worst place to stay.

Breakfast was lovely, served on the roof terrace and the staff took the time to talk you through the layout of Istanbul including things to do. The rooms are basic, with as many bunks squeezed in as possible. We had one plug socket between 6 people and a central light rather than individual ones. The only good thing was that lockers were provided under the beds.

Bada Bing was a great hostel and I would definitely recommend this hostel to my friends. The rooms and facilities were good, but the best thing was that the hostel is not too big and not too small. Big enough to meet many nice people in the common living room and the rooftop terrace, but small enough so it stays a very 'personal' hostel.

• 16th Sep 2013

The staff here are seriously amazing!! They were so helpful with planning our journey around Turkey, and gave great recommendations of where to eat out. The free breakfast was really nice. Very comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again.

We enjoyed our stay at Bada Bing. The staff were friendly and helpful. In particular, Amir gave us a lot of ideas about nice places to go for dining, partying and sightseeing. The hostel was also very well located. The only downside was perhaps the room service. The towels were only changed once (after we requested!). Same for the waste bins... Overall, not a bad value for money.

Great hostel in a perfect location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I arranged an airport pickup to the wrong airport and did not realise till the last minute. The staff at bada bing rearranged it for me at no cost. Overall had a great stay in a great city. Thanks

Great location very close to the main tourist. Nice clean hostel. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm but only had 1 socket which was a pain.

Dorms represent the best value for money here, facilities and location is good for the price. You can walk pretty much everywhere in the city from here and public transport is super close if your not up for that.. hostel activities created a nice atmosphere and the free breakfast is pretty good. More expensive rooms 40 euros per person not really what you would expect for that price in turkey but still really nice.. would definitely stay again

Good hostel. There were people who moved back to this hostel, after trying others in Istanbul, saying that they much prefered the Bada Bing. Staff try really hard, particularly Denisz the barmaid. One thing I should mention is the location in a side street is really quite hard to find. Not helped by the fact I confused "Kadekoy" with "Karakoy" which are completely different areas.

Great staff and location. The staff get to know you by name. Roff top terrece is really nice. We spent every evening up there. Deniz is the best!!!!!! Make sure you go to the Spice market/bazaar, and The Grand Bazaar!!!

Absolutely great place! Have been in many hostels in the world but this one can beat any other! Very clean place and in the heart of everything. Despite all comments it is easy to find but you need to take a close look at the map before arrival! I loved this terrace bar and staff is super friendly and they make this place a perfect gateway!!! thanks guys

• 5th Sep 2013
  • Poland

Super Atmosphere on the rooftop, nice pubcrawls. It's a bit far away from the old city, but stil walking distance! Good job bada bing!