Bada Bing Hostel Istanbul Reviews

Kemeralti Caddesi, Arapoglan, Serce Sokagi no 6, Karakoy, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Staying at Bada Hostel is a good suggestion to explore Istanbul. Located rather central (5 min to the Bosporus, 10 min to Galata Tower, 3 tram stations from the old town), I definitely recommend to stay there. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Mostly bagpackers and young people create a nice, but also busy atmosphere. So, Bada Hostel is more for people looking for parties rather than for a calm vacation.

Wonderful breakfast. Walking distance to many sights. Nice lounge areas. Wifi in rooms. Best hostel I've been to in my RTW journey.

Great place had a very good stay . Location was really good and it wasn't noisy . Place was nice and clean , very friendly staff . The rooftop is really good for chilling out , having beers and meeting people . Not one complaint about this place

At first I had only planned to stay for 2 nights as I already had a Couchsurfing place lined up for the rest of the time I was there. I ended up staying 7 nights in total! There is a really cool rooftop area where everyone goes to chill out and the atmosphere is great, it feels like a home away from home, the setting out of the terrace is so everyone can mingle and get to know each other! The staff were very friendly and helpful, one of the best hostels I have stayed in.

• 19th Jun 2013

Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly!

Very amazing staff! Very helpful in helping you find everything you need. Very clean rooms and great service. It's close to everything and we felt very safe coming home at night. The guests are very diverse so you will definitely enjoy your stat here. Will definitely come back!

• 18th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed at this hostel both alone and with a friend at different times. Both times were amazing: great staff, easy to meet people and the BBQ events were a lot of fun. The owner also arranged a great trip to the coast for us for cheap! The location was perfect, far away from the protests and very close to the attractions we wanted to see.

• 11th Jun 2013

Thanks to Volkan, the best host in the entire world :) Everything was perfect, we had a great time in Istanbul

• 9th Jun 2013

Bada Bing Hostel in Istanbul is highly recommended. The staff made the stay really fun! They were easy-going and very helpful. The hostel is also easily located by the main sites, with the tram stop nearby. Breakfast was decent, bathrooms clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Malaysia

Great location and really helpful staff. Breakfasts great and much better than previous reviews had suggested! Nice rooms and comfy beds but some blackout curtains/darker curtains would be a good addition to the bedrooms so not so much light comes in early in the morning.

• 6th Jun 2013

Great hostel, great staff, great location. The staff was super hospitable and eager to give us tips about the city. The hostel is right off the metro and only a few minutes from the bridge to the Golden Horn, and only 10 to 15 minutes walking to the Taksim area. Rooftop is super nice, great place to lay low and read books after a busy day, and there's an American style coffee shop next door that makes a good Americano. Bathrooms had some weird quirks—minor things like busted light fixtures.

• 6th Jun 2013

The hostel its perfect! And the staff very helpfull. thanks you!! By the way.... Before booking I read (here) that the breakfast was not so good, and the true its that ist was very nice!! Thank you again!

I stayed in a 6 bed mix dorm. The hostel is overall good. The location is ok but on the other side of the river from the old town. The staff are friendly and the hostel is nice and clean. The room was nice with a big lockable cage under the bed. The bar on the roof is cool and has good potential. The breakfast is good too. Overall a good hostel but I would try and stay on the side of the river in old town next time.

Amazing location, so close to everything. Breakfast was amazing!! Staff were helpful. Only bad part was that the showerheads were loose in the downstairs bathroom

My friend and I had a lovely time at the hostel. The rooms were very tidy and so were the facilities. The personnel is very very helpful and always in for a chat. The hostel is situated in a secure area and not too far from anything. Would recommend it to everybody!

• 29th May 2013
  • Belgium

We stayed in a double bed private. The hostels location is no terrible but not the best, you can walk to the old town but the tram was a must on the hot days. The staff were very friendly and helpful, looking out for us during our stay. The bar upstairs was a really cool setup and breakfast was great for a hostel. The room was excellent and clean, the price was ok. We enjoyed our stay at Bada Bing Hostel but I would try and stay closer to old town next time. Overall a good hostel.

This is a great hostel , the bed was comfy and air conditioner in the rooms. The staff are really frenidly and hopefull with any infomation you may need

Very helpful and with smile staffs. Great Breakfast. The roof is really cool. Stable hot shower. I just wish there were no mosquito in the room :P

We stayed in the Bada Bing Hostel for one week. We absolutely enjoyed every day, we meet great people and had a lot of fun on the rooftop every night. The staff was very helpful and kind. Our room was nice and clean, the bed was comfy and there is also an AC in the room. The hostel is located perfect, you can walk to all the important sightseeings. For Example ten minute walk to Galatatower.

• 25th May 2013

Bada bing is a decent hostel with friendly staff who genuinely seem like great people. There are only two showers shared with a floor of people which is definitely frustrating. Breakfast was awesome, don't miss out on this My only recommendation is to be careful what the staff rexommends. They are nice people but at the same time they are making a massive cut on the stuff they offer. We found ourselves finding transportation/ events/parties for at least 3x cheaper than what they recommend