Baggies Backpackers Brighton Reviews

33 Oriental Place, Brighton, Brighton, England

Supermarkets close by, a short walk to the pier and a comfortable bed to sleep in. Definitely can't complain! It would have been good to have a place to keep our bags, as we were on top bunks and it seemed like you just put them where you can. Thanks for the stay!

Almost everything s ood except the bed is making a lot of noises when you turning over...but the location is good , it is closed to everywhere.

My least favorite hostel in the UK so far. The travelers were nice, but the staff acted like guests were hassling them and the place is full of long-term folks rather than normal travelers. The place was old, dingy and the bedrooms were too cramped. No individual lockers or locks on room doors. I wasn't too worried, but these little things could've made a big difference in my experience.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Room was small, but that made meeting people really easy and the community vibe at hostel was good. Shower was so disguisting and smelly, the floor was wet and covered in hair. The toilets have no sinks, you have to wash hands in the sinks in your room. The staff were friendly and the manager is really kind, she helped me out with my CV which I thought was lovely. Rooms have no locks and we had a guy come into our all female room at 3am asking for someone, not cool.

Warm and friendly environment with great staff! location is also a plus- only a 2 minute walk to the beach/ Boardwalk and 10 minutes to the Brighton Peir. Close to many resturaunts, bars and night clubs. About a 20/30 min walk from th train- but there are bus stops along the boardwalk, close to the hostel. The staff were so friendly and personable, my friend and I came back one evening to find little muffins that one of the staff members made for all of the hostel's guests!

• 16th Jun 2015

Moved from kipps hostel to here and what a great decision it was! AMAZING HELPFUL STAFF that go out of their way to make you feel at home (especially Lauren). The only thing that the place needs are locks on every door (and because the door opens n closes with the wind at night) . Thank you baggies- what a vibe! I'll be back

Absolutely fantastic hostel, I really appreciated the attention to detail with regards to guests' comfort (plug points, lamps, shelves near bed). One suggestion I would make is for locks on the bedroom doors to improve security, as it would be nice to know that not just anyone from the hostel can wander into our rooms and access our belongings. Otherwise, I had a great stay and am telling friends to make sure they stay here when they're in Brighton.

• 10th Jun 2015

It is in a good location with kitchen facilities. The room was clean but the blind was broken. Overall, not a bad place to stay.

Great place to stay awesome vibe definitely suggest

We booked the mixed dorm (2 ladies) a couple of days before the bank holiday so was fantastic value for money! Had a great stay, it's located close to all the action but is quiet Location. Was very clean as far as hostels go and the guy at reception was really friendly and gave us a quick tour. My only negative is the lack of lockers, there's nowhere to keep your baggage safe, however you do need a key to enter the front door. We had nothing stolen but was a concern.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Jennyf

I stay only 1 night and had a lovely time. the hostel was one of the best i stayed in. staff welcome. beds confortable. met great people there and lots of place to spend time. kitchen great to cook the food and bring my own wine. internet fast. had own key so could come as i want and some cctv and lockers so felt safe and happy place right by the sea and was sunny :) I wish to come back again soon. thanks you baggies

• 18th Feb 2015