Baggies Backpackers Brighton

• lilianachavezd1951
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2017
4.3

The place needs urgent work. It is a huge old house, but it has not been improved in ages. The toilets are very small and really basic. I booked an only female bed hoping to have also only female toilets but you had to share showers with men. There is a certain smell all over the house. The staff was not very professional (could not help me when I asked about buses, confused my booking date, they said they had 24 hrs hour service but they were not at the desk when I needed them). Great location.

• England, Male, 25-30
4th Aug 2017

Nice little hostel. Shout to Ian on reception who was the hostess with the mostest

• South Africa, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Baggies is one of those hostels where you go to meet new people and make mates. The staff is super friendly and make you feel very welcome. This hostel feels more like a shared house than a hostel. I will definitely be going to stay there again if ever I'm in Brighton!!

30th Jul 2017

Everybody is so friendly and it's in a good location! Wish I could've stayed longer :)

27th Jul 2017

Someone was sleeping in my bed when I wanted to go to sleep, so I had to find another bed myself. None of the staff wanted to help out in sourcing me a bed I just stayed on the couch most of the night until I decided to have a look myself and just slept in a bed in a different room that was free.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017

Made more mates staying 2 nights in baggies than I did in 8 months living in Barcelona. Great location by the sea, easy to find way home (follow the stick). The 6 bed dorm was nice and facilities all decent. Great staff and good vibes all round.

21st Jul 2017

Honestly this is the type of atmosphere I look for in hostels. The staff were chill, hanging out in the lounge getting to know the guests. It's easy to meet new people especially for a solo traveler like myself. The location was right by the beach which was an easy walk to the pier and other attractions.

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

I had a great stay, there's a real family vibe about the place. Special shoutout to Ian, the manager, who did an incredible job of making me feel at home by showing me around and introducing me to other people at the hostel. The facilities are pretty middle of the road: subpar showers, no lockers or cages in the dorms, very little space in the dorms in general but overall it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend staying here if you happen to pass through Brighton!

18th Jul 2017
7.7

Location close to the beach. The staff were really nice, especially a girl from Australia called Anna! Definitely make sure you make time to talk to her. Would stay again :)

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

Everyone was lovely, really frienfly vibe. The style of the place is quirky and its right by the sea!