Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I had a pleasant stay in Bahaus Hostel. Their location is very convenient and you can have a perfect landscape in the terrace!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Second time here! Guys keep doing what you are doing!

So much been said, overall great hostel. Great relaxed atmosphere, clean,super friendly staff, curtains at the beds, etc. Nonetheless some points you should be aware of: The building is old fashioned and not in the very best shape. If you like to pay with credit card they charge you 8% more. The prices are meant to be paid in EURO cash, if you like to pay in turkish lira the give you a very bad exchange rate. Hostel is located in the most touristic area, no bars or clubs within walking distance.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thank you for your positive comments, but we would like to correct some wrong information you are giving: We charge 5% on credit card payments NOT 8%. The prices are quoted in euros as a standard rate, but you can pay in Turkish lira, US Dollars or British sterling if you wish. Our excahnge rate is actually better than the one used on Hostelworld or exchange offices. Coming from Germany, you paid us in euros so we don't actually know where you got the idea the rate was bad. It simply isn't true.

Everything was great. No complaints at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I've been here a few times before and I can't help but keep returning. This is my second visit to Bahaus in a short period of time and all the staff remain consistently upbeat. I have to pay special attention to Kiwi, Laura and Dusty who really make a great team in the bar. Shisha and drinking nights with those three really make you feel at home, particularly when they join in for welcome shots when you arrive. The Family BBQ and Pub Crawl are a must. See you again one day guys!

Friendly staff, great location and roof top terrace.

Took the Taksim bus from the Sabiha airport to taksim which was easy.. From there got a cab for 30 Lyra which I imagine you could go cheaper but that's just what I payed. I'm telling you this because the hostel had a shuttle bus from the airport but it's something like 60 euros! Anyways, the terrace was amazing, nice rooms, awesome location, informative staff and good atmosphere. It was really a great place. Would stay there again.

I thought the hostel was good, had all of the requisite facilities to form the foundation for a good stay in Istanbul. The bar was well-stocked, the other guests were friendly and the staff did well to create an inclusive and fun atmosphere. I would happily recommend Bauhaus to friends staying in Istanbul.

• 20th Jun 2015

This was my second stay at Bahaus and it was just as amazing as the first one. It's so easy to meet people on the rooftop deck and everyone really friendly. Perfect location too. I had to go to the american hospital which I was pretty nervous about finding but Alisher from the front desk was so nice to come with me to make sure everything went ok and then showed me more of the city. I love this place and highly recommend it to everyone visiting Istanbul!!

Good Atmosphere, cool staff, Kiwi is adorable ,Good location (really central and close to everything ) ., best hostel I have done during my all trop in Turkey.

Loved to be here! The front desk guys were really helpful and kind. Highly recommended!

This place rocks! Great staff, amazing rooftop terrace, great guests.. Can't say enough nice things about this hostel.

I was able to check into the dorm early which was good but the place was very untidy. There was no kitchen to cook your own food. The rooftop bar was great and the hostel provided a nice breakfast. However, the BBQ which was an additional cost was too expensive. I also tried to book a Gallipoli your which was priced 25€ more than going through the travel agent up the road.

I had such a great stay at Bahaus! I happily spent all of my nights drinking up in the terrace bar with the staff, Dusty, Kiwi and Laura. I managed to explore the city but was just as happy playing drinking games at home. The bar crawl Laura and Kiwi took us on had a great atmosphere and was definitely unforgettable. See you soon guys!!

My 2nd stay here, and well it's safe to say I hope to be back again! A great hostel, from the location to the events to the staff. The bar staff Kiwi and Laura run an epic bar crawl (at least from what I can remember) and the BBQs, the walking tours and Island tours are not to be missed, even just hanging with other guests and the staff in the bar means you're in for a fun time. The bar really has a great atmosphere, and Ahmet and the team cook some incredible food up there, thanks again guys :)

There isn't much to say about Bahaus that hasn't already been said, staying here means that your time in Istanbul is already planned for you with all of their fun events. From crazy nights in the terrace bar, to the insightful walking tours to BBQing and getting drunk on the beach (they have it all!) On top of ALL this upon arriving the staff welcome you to the family and couldn't be more helpful. A special thanks to Kiwi, drinking jenga is awesome and cheers to Dusty and Laura for a great stay!

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed so far! The breakfast was excellent, the 14-bed dorm is incredibly spacious, and bathrooms were very clean, and the staff was great - special thanks to Dusty, who went above and beyond to help me out on my activities in Turkey, as well as with great tips to get around Istanbul! Cheers!

My stay at Bahaus was a lot of fun, everything was great and I really appreciated all the little things; the curtains around the beds, the open book shelf in the lobby, the delicious homemade food at the rooftop bar and the huge effort that the staff put in to ensure everyone had fun and made the most of their trip. Emre and Ali the reception guys were always so helpful and friendly and the bar staff Dusty, Laura, Kiwi and Ahmet made sure the bar was always a blast, thanks for the laughs guys!

As strangers to this foreign land, my friend and I were warmly welcomed by the goofballs that make up the staff. Our first day was the perfect island hopping, beach bbqing, nature walking intro to Turkey, and it was perfectly put on by Bahaus. The beds were comfy as can be, the breakfasts delicious and with a beautiful view, the location was primo for walking to any of the sites, and the rooftop bar was perfect for some beer drinking and hookah smoking with all our lovely fellow travelers. 10/10

• 11th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel! The staff is great, they really help to make your stay better. The patio common area/bar is a great place to hang out and helps to create a social hostel. The free breakfast is good. I also liked that they have curtains around the beds. The shower is the best I've had at any hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7