Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff in reception were absolutely amazing! So helpful with every aspect of our stay there! It was a bit more quiet than we may have liked at the hostel but that may just have been when we stayed. Honestly some of the nicest and most knowledgable hostel staff we have had this trip!

• 13th Aug 2014

Great location, very friendly staff, breakfast was amazing and facilities pretty good.

Amazing hostel, no complaints. Staff were extremely helpful and polite, facilities were great and there was a good atmosphere.

• 11th Aug 2014

Good breakfast, fantastic staff!! So helpful!! Central location. We stayed in the double bed with private ensuite

Bahaus was a great hostel while I was in Istanbul. Everything was great about it except for there was 4 blackouts of power in the span of 1 week where there was no electricity. Otherwise, in a great location, with great staff. Saturday night they take everyone out for a pub crawl, but otherwise, the atmosphere was a bit lacking while I was there.

Spacious air conditioned rooms. Hostel is perfectly located for sightseeing.

Excellent hostel, however the water in the turtle tank was unclean and unacceptable

Great location, clean hostel and friendly staff! We enjoyed our stay!

Amazing host, good location

• Pakistan

Extremely helpful staff!

Great staff!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Bahaus hostel was one of the best hostels I've stayed at. Although not located near Taksim Square (where the downtown center of Istanbul is), it is 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Grand Bazaar area which is also very convenient. The best part about Bahaus hostel was the atmosphere and staff. The upstairs bar/lounge area had a very nice view and was a very chill and relaxed place to meet people. The rooms and washroom were clean and big. All in all I had a great time.

This place is in my top 5 list of favorite hostels ever (and I've been to about 50 hostels worldwide). My room was clean, spacious, secure, and had these great curtains to go around the bunk beds to help block out light. The breakfast was great, and the bar was lively if you wanted to hang out. The staff was AMAZING. Genuinely kind and friendly people-they would go out of their way to say hello to me and hear about my day. I miss it already! Also, just a few blocks from everything!

This was one of the best hostels we've ever stayed at. The staff were amazing, especially the two front desk boys (

Fantastic hostel. Secure lockers, clean rooms, big bathroom, light, power outlet and curtains at each bed. Beautiful roof top bar/terrace which is where you also have breakfast. The staff are SO friendly and helpful, they helped me numerous times including walking me to the travel agents office when I couldn't find my way. Location is fabulous, very close to blue mosque. Highly Recommended

Bahaus is a must stay for anyone visiting Istanbul looking for a comfortable, yet exciting time! The staff are incredibly helpful, friendly and are there to answer any questions. With an excellent view of Istanbul from the rooftop bar, Bahaus is highly recommended!

• 31st Jul 2014

Have to say this is one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in. Very easy to meet other travelers.

This hostel has some of the nicest staff I have ever met! They will do anything to help improve your stay. The location is amazing! The drinks at the bar are as cheap as you can get in istanbul. They overbooked our 8 person room and moved us into a 2 person room for free! I highly reccomend amd wome back, its the most homey hostel you can find.

I don't know what it is about this place but there's something in the air that makes you want to stay forever! The staff is incredible; Laura

• 28th Jul 2014

The bathrooms are clean, the beds are comfy and well spaced out. The curtains provided privacy. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm, 6 bed female dorm and the 8-bed dorm. The first two were both really nice, avoid the latter as it was downstairs in the basement and got less fresh air and light. The breakfast is good (its fairly typical for turkey so maybe not what westerners are used to). Some of the staff are amazing, others less reliable. Good common areas to hang out in too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7