Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great staff!! I had my best hostel experience, the view at the rooftop is priceless and rooms are clean & cozy. Breakfast is much better than i expected, the bar staff also cook delicious food and serving best Turkish beer: Efes!! Walking tour that they organized was great too! See you guys in a month..

• 17th Apr 2015

Bahaus hostel was a wonderful place to stay! The staff were super helpful in recommending places to go and helping to plan out our time. The hostel has a great location - 5 min walking distance from all the main sights. The included breakfast was great to get the day started. Rooms were big, beds comfy and privacy curtains were great to get some privacy for sleeping. All in all - awesome hostel and great time in Istanbul!

• 13th Apr 2015

I LOVED my stay at Bahaus, everything from the location to the rooms to the staff to rooftop bar was great. Emre on reception was the first to welcome me to my new home and was full of excellent recommendations and was super friendly. Followed up by the incredible bar guys Laura, kiwi and Dusty who were always up for a good time and filled all of my evenings with fun and entertainment. Thanks again bahaus for being my home away from home!

• 13th Apr 2015

This is about as close as it gets to a perfect hostel. Comfy beds with their own lamps and plug sockets as well as curtain for a little privacy. Amazing location, rooftop bar with stunning views and good vibes. Fantastic staff who are helpful and amazingly knowledgeable about the city (Emre in particular really knows his stuff). I couldn't recommend this hostel more highly. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys.

The hostel was super fun. The staff members were all very friendly and helpful. Emre gave me lots of tips about what to see and how to make the most out of my short time in Istanbul. The guided tour was so worth it! we got to go to places that we would not have had access to without a guide that knows their way around Istanbul. And when I lost my high end camera they saved it from getting stolen. (Seriously you guys saved my life with that one.) thanks again for making my trip to Istanbul great!

• 6th Apr 2015

Good hostel South of the Blue Mosque. Would reommend!

Amazing team!!! They were trying to go the extra mile to help me with any questions I had. Dusty, Emre, Laura and Kiwi were absolutely taking care of business. I LOVE this place, and I can't wait to recommend this place to my friends.

I didnt spend much time at the hostel , I stayed in various rooms while there . The rooms were good and I especially liked the curtains covering each bed ,providing privacy The toilets and showers could be imrpoved as I saw may be its mold on the ceilings of the toilets/bath The guys at the front desk were especially helpful and friendly and suggested a good restaurant down the road for meals

Going to Bahaus always feels like going home. The staff are genuinely helpful and friendly, the rooms are clean, spacious and nice, and the bathrooms are huge!! I love how many private bathrooms there are. You never have to wait for a shower and there's always reliable hot water. The view from the terrace is great as well.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Best experience that i had in all hostels i've stayed so far. Comfort. Cleanliness. Awsome atmosphere. Great Staff, always ready to help. Location is perfect to explore Istambul. This was my second time there, no complains whatsover. Pub crawl is incredible!!! Thank you again Laura, Kiwi and Mustafa! Diego

Just an absolutely awesome hostel. Solo backpacker met a bunch of nice people and this place is just PRIME location. Comfortable beds and great atmosphere. Highly recommended

had a great time! Cool terrace to meet lots of fun people and staff was friendly too. Don't plan to be productive after one of their amazing pub crawls. Also. Really clean washrooms and comfy beds. Highly recommended. Thanks for everything Bahaus!!

The hostel is in a very good neighbourhood, close to the main attractions but at the same time far from the main roads which is good to sleep. Some of the staff was very friendly, but the ladies from the coffee/bar, in special, are not friendly. Friendly staff on a hostel is essential for me. I also had 2 pairs of shoes stolen from inside my room, which was very disappointing. Even using the lockers, people still manage to steal things. :-(

had a fantastic time there and met alot of fun people. had a blast in the upstairs bar. kiwi and laura are a ton of fun and do a great job up there. i'll absolutely be back on my next trip to istanbul. the location is right near everything and has easy access to all the sites.

I loved my stay here!!! It was close to many restaurants and bars filled with locals. The staff Laura and Dusty were so friendly!! They made me feel welcomed and even offered to catch a shuttle bus at my earliest convience. They were extremely helpful. I loved the bar upstairs as it overlooks bridge that crosses Asia. The hostel is walking distance to the blue mosque. The service and location is impeccable. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Defenitaly recommend to those looking for a great time!

• 30th Mar 2015

Great place in a great location. Well setup beds, very comfortable and the big showers are awesome. Staff are great, specially Kiwi and Ali. Ali is a walking encyclopaedia about Eastern history and knows where the real blue mosqes are... Just ask him. Kiwi, Well she's amazing. Cooks a mean kebab, can down a strawpedo in 1 seconds and a great teacher. So good that the day she taught me to play checkers I just happened to kick her ass at it 👍 awesome

Good location and nice terrace, breakfast is typical for Turkey. Bed place is great - curtain, plugs, pockets and light makes a deal and couldn't be better.

Bahaus is amazing. The location is perfect, the best atractions are in walking distance. The place is very clean. The restrooms are ver good. Shower has hot water. Really confortable beds with curtains. I've been there for 6 nights and love it. The bar is great. I met so many people there. Great atmosphere. But for me the best thing there was the staff. From the moment I got there to minute I left I felt like home. Thank you all. Kiwi, Laura, Mustafa, Ali, Alisher! You were great!

Stayed in 4 hostels in Turkey and this was the best of them. Great bed and great sheets/pillow. Very comfortable BUT best is a curtain on bed that can be drawn for one's own little bit of privacy and to keep light out. Brilliant! Clean bathrooms, free delicious breakfast, loved every person I talked to on staff. Also decent bar on terrace was good fun. 2 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and countless food options. Awesome value.

Everyday there is special event in the hostel, for example they provided free soup on a night and a day tour around the sultanahmet area at very affordable rates on another day. The atmosphere of the rooftop bar is great, decent view if the weather isn't foggy. (I think there's free shisha also!)

• 23rd Mar 2015