Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay at Bahaus! Perfect location, confortable beds with curtains, nice and helpful staff like Kiwi and Emre. Totally recommended.

Absolutely no bad words to say about this place- a 5 minute walk from all the major things to see. The rooms are great. It's the little things that top them off like curtains around the bed for privacy, your own mirror, reading lamp and storage! Plus they are really clean and have private toilet/shower rooms! The staff are excellent- really friendly and helpful from the moment you arrive. The roof terrace has a great atmosphere and good value money on food and drinks. I reccomend everyone stay!

The staff at Bahaus know Istanbul very well and were always able to offer excellent advice on what to do and see based on my interests and time I had in the city!

• 15th May 2015

Excellent hostel in great central location. Close to the main sights, very very friendly and welcoming staff, perfect roof terrace to chill and have breakfast, and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• 15th May 2015

We loved the hostel, its location and facilities. Awesome breakfast too! Just a pity that during the pub crawl is was all too obvious that we were just paying money to get the pub crawl organisation drunk. Buying a shot in the hostel bar made sure that the organisation got the same one too and during the pub crawl, we only got one free shot (which was almost water). Moreover, we stayed so lang in the first two clubs (over 90 minutes), that we decided to continue the crawl on our own.

This was my 2nd stay at the Hostel. I can only recommend it. The location is fantastic - in midst of the old town of Istanbul... just 3mins to Blue Mosque and all other historic sights. Rooftop terrace is great - the view is nice. Staff is super super friendly and helpful. I actually forgot my purse in the room before I checked out.... the cleaning woman found it in my room, and before I left the Hostel, the guy on the counter handed me over my purse with ALL my creditcards. AWESOME!!!! THANKS.

Really great hostel with clean rooms/bathrooms and a nice breakfast. Great location in the old town and its not hard to get to the area with the bars. Staff really great and helpful!!

The staff was extremely helpful in helping us track down our lost luggage which was very much appreciated!

• 5th May 2015

I had an amazing time in Istanbul which was just lifted by the bahaus hostel and staff. The hostel is in great location easy to get to as well. Great view from the roof terrace, very helpful staff. Most recommended.

Great hostel for location! Bit pricey but overall a good experience. Wasn't a whole lot going on but it was early May so I'm assuming off season. Not a lot of cheap food around but a great home base!

Extreamly friendly and helping staff. I really loved my stay there in Bauhaus hostel

Nice staff, much information provided. Even have shuttle bus for Turkish bath.

• 4th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great place to stay in Istanbul. I really enjoyed. Awesome location, great staff, and beds with mirrors, curtains, storage, and lights. Top notch stuff. I would definitely come back!

• 2nd May 2015

The staff at Bahaus are amazing! They helped coordinate everything we wanted to do! My friend and I had some things in mind of what we wanted to do but we didn't know exactly what to do and the staff set us up with everything! They are so nice!

• 2nd May 2015

The location speaks for itself!! Couldn't have stayed in a more perfect location! Comfortable beds and clean showers! Breakfast was great to start the day! The staff is excellent and helpful. Especially the guy from Uzbekistan! Your the best buddy!!

Bahaus is amazing! I ended up staying for two weeks & feel like it wasn't long enough. Staff are friendly & helpful & I felt like part of their little family. Front desk guys Ali, Emre, & Alisher always helped me to find amazing things to do.Dusty, Laura, and especially Kiwi in the bar are so fun. Rooftop bar had a great vibe, great food, free shisha & the best & craziest conversations. Both the Old City Tour & Taksim Tour are great! But the Pub Crawl... Wow! Definitely unforgettable nights!!

• 28th Apr 2015

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed at throughout my travels. Staff friendly and go the extra mile to help, facilities are great with lots of simple extras in your rooms - power plugs by bed, mirrors, lights, curtains around bed, two toilets, hot showers, wifi in room. Five minute walk to Blue Mosque and shuttle bus to and from Ataturk Airport. Rooftop bar had a great atmosphere with all the Kiwis and Aussies there for ANZAC day. Would recommend to everyone!

Awesome staff, One of the Best I've ever experienced!! Location is fantastic!! I loved staying here so much I stayed longer then planned!! Kiwi, Dusty, and Laura are so friendly they make the roof top terrace bar super fun and comfortable :) Emre, Alisher, and Ali go above and beyond by showing you the hostel, the sights to see, and introduce you to the bar staff :) a great way to start off your stay in Istanbul!!!

Great place in a great location. It's hard to beat breakfast on the balcony over looking the sea. All the staff are really friendly and hopeful. If you're interested in uzbekistan, talk to Ali Sher, the resident uzbek expert.

Amazing hostel! Lovely staff and great facilities :) highly recommend