Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is in a great location, at a 5 minutes walk distance from Istanbuls main attractions. The staff is really helpful and they are always available to help you plan your trip or with whichever other information you need. They also often organize activities at night with the guests. The bathrooms are some of cleanest and more confortable I`ve seen in a hostel. The breakfast is free and it`s good, it usually consists of bread, ham, cheese, boiled eggs, olives, apples, juice, tea and coffee.

• 13th Dec 2014

I would stay just for 2 nıghts and ended stayıng for 7 nıghts! Great atmosphere on theır terrace bar, confy beds, guys at the receptıon always ready to gıve you nıce advıces about everythıng. Good breakfast. Best locatıon! Next to everythıng!

The best hostel that i have ever stayed

This is a great place with a lovely staff always willing yo help ;) the location is perfect and the cleanliness too. Nice included breakfast in overall you'll not regret :)

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Great to find a hostel with breakfast after so long without. Staff are great. Laura and Mustafa are very helpful and friendly

I stayed at bahaus one week and loved it!! Extended my stay over and over again. You guys are awesome!! Emre, Ali, Cinar - thanks for tons of advices and answers to my manymany questions (where to go, to get food, what to avoid) :) - LAURA ♡♡ Thanks for the nice conversations, tips - and your awesome taste in music you shared with us!! I shazamed every song you played i did not know :D hope to stay in touch and see you again. Whenever I am in istanbul i will stay at bahaus again, for sure!

Liked: The location is perfect, the atmosphere was amazing up on the terrace and Shisha was free! It was also easy to meet people. Bar crawl was good fun. Disliked: Beer is the same price as in a club (10 Lira!) and you are not allowed to bring any alcohol or food into the hostel which is very strange. In fact we were threatened to be kicked out after one of the staff members found us drinking in our room. Bar crawl is overpriced, you pay 20 lira for transport and a "free" (15% alc?) shot

I really like that place. It was a confortable Place where to enjoy, relax, share, have fun and be happy with the hotel's personal or the other travellers. All the workers there are great, really happy people, with a Lot Sense of humor and lovely from the First moment as kindly and helpfull. The localization is amazing, just behind the Blue Mosque (One minute). Beautifull place, with the small Living room with TV or terrace with shisha as meeting Point. The rooms, amazing! Inma Sánchez

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Quite a nice hostel in Sultanahmet which meant that all the major tourist sites were 5-10 mins away. Unfortunate it means that you'd have to walk further to get decent food because the nearby locations are very touristy. The hostel staff were amicable and were willing to help if you'd approach them about it. Otherwise they'd generally leave you to your own devices. Facilities were nice, with a nice hot shower and private storage space. Open roof to terrace with a view is also a bonus.

A really nice hostel, wonderfully located within walking distance of many of the main sites. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and will give you lots of advice and assistance regarding what to see and do in Istanbul. A very homely place to stay in a delightful city. highly recommended.

Hostel was top notch- one of the best thıs trıp. Great staff- Laura at the bar was great. Cant recommend thıs hostel hıghly enough

Great hostel - the curtains in the big dorm are a great idea. Common area is good and bathrooms are always clean. But the highlight would be the staff - they are super friendly and helpful. In particular, Ali who gave great local restaurant suggestions and helped out with my logistics!

Great location, great staff, amazing rooftop bar and balcony.

great hostel. I wıll recommend ıt to people who want to be Istanbul

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

This hostel was great! Perfect location.. Nice upstairs terrace, good breakfast ... Most comfy bed I stayed in 4 months backpacking.. Very helpful and friendly staff.... Let me check in early after returning to istanbual on the night bus... I've never had hospitality like that back packing before at a backpackers... 100% recommend staying here, if you are a solo traveller

Staff were amazing. Seemed to have some poor, arbitrary rules. For example no alcohol and no outside food. Makes it difficult to save money, they also don't tell you this till you're there.

Location was great although my cab driver had a bit of trouble finding it. As everyone else says, the staff is fantastic. They helped me plan my days to ensure I was able to see all the sights I wanted to. Rooftop bar was definitely a highlight. Rooms were great and bathrooms were exceptionally clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 24th Nov 2014

We had no issues finding the hostel. the staff wre incredibly helpful and energetic. I'm sure it would have been more lively, but we went during low season. The bar staff Mustafa and Laura were a delight to hang out with in the evenings. the staff even invited us out to eat with them. Highlights: - clean and comfortable beds - plenty of hot water (very important for me) - felt safe - fun staff -social atmosphere - rooftop patio - lockers were a good size. could fit my backpack

Great hostel with really cool staff. Located close to historic centre so very easy to get around. The bar is a great place to meet people if you are a solo traveller and free food on Friday was great.

10/10, Fun hostel and Very helpful staff!! Cheers guys