Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Very nice and clean hostel. They have a very nice rooftop bar. Greate place to meet people. Good turkish breakfast buffet. The stuff is extremly frendly and helpfull. I definitly recomend this place.

Amazing location Staff were very friendly and helpful Wifi also very poor at times

• 25th Jul 2015

I've had a brilliant 4-day stay at Bahaus Hostel. The overall cleanliness was great, food was lovely, the rooms and beds were comfortable, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and helpful. It's excellent value for money, the location is ideal for public transport/ sight-seeing in the old town. It felt very safe walking around in the area even late at night. The rooftop terrace offers beautiful views over the city and the sea, and the atmosphere was relaxed, things were well organised.

Right in the heart of Sultan Ahmed's area. 2 tram stops away from grand bazar. So close to all the monuments blue mosque, palace ... Etc.. The staff is very friendly and have good command of English. The room I stayed in was a bit too small with 4 beds and a bathroom/toilet. Clean. The breakfast was a disaster though but you can easily get cheap breakfast around the area. Just ask the reception for cheap good places.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Kuwait

Best hostel that I have ever stayed at!-an incredible, social, fun place. I was supposed to stay 5 days, it's now been 10. They offer an amazing private boat Island trip plus lots of activities. The staff are the best people I have ever met; they're really young and fun, especially on a night out. The terrace bar has an incredible view, drinking jenga and a never ending good time. If it wasn't for Laura, Dusty and Kiwi I would not be here anymore, I really really love those guys! Thanks guys

• 22nd Jul 2015

Best hostel I've stayed in! The rooms were spacious and well set out, bathrooms were clean too! Great staff and they are super helpful and accomodating. Went on the pub crawl and it was so much fun! We are staying here again at the end of our Turkey trip and we all can't wait. Thanks Bahaus you're all legends !

The hostel was amazing!!! The staff Dusty, Lauren and kiwi were always helpful and So much fun to chat with. Whole place had a great vibe and it was a perfect location! Favourite part was the deserted island private boat tour, due to awesome staff and organisation we all had a great day and I can't recommend the hostel more. Definitely return asap! Cheers for all the good times!

• 21st Jul 2015

2nd time I've stayed there and it was great as always! Clean and fun with an awesome rooftop bar and great food and people.

I loved Bahaus. Amazing location -walking distance to all the major sites, & close to public transport for access to the other side of the river. Very clean, super comfortable beds, reliable AC. Wifi works best on the basement level. Staff are so friendly & helpful, definitely the best hostel staff I've experienced. Rooftop bar is excellent, killer playlist. No top 40 over & over again, he played The Smiths & The Killers! Ahhh! Only complaint is no kitchen -eating out every meal can get costly.

Awesome staff!

• 17th Jul 2015

Amazing hostel! Went on a bar crawl, hung out on the roof, and attended a BBQ. Met great people and the staff is fantastic. Clean bathrooms!!!!

Loved our stay. Very friendly staff who were very helpful. Would definitely come back!

• 17th Jul 2015

This place was super welcoming upon arrival and even gave us welcome shots. The staff was very involved in making our stay enjoyable and always willing to offer up suggestions on how to enjoy the city. The whole place (especially the bathrooms) were very clean. The rooftop terrace was a great place to meet other travelers and to also relax. The location is also very good and close to most major attractions. Would definitely come back here.

Fantastic location would be my comment right off the bat. Lockers and key code access were great though the lockers didn't have big enough holes to put a regular lock through (I had to use my luggage lock). Also one staff member was particularly rude to me, but besides that it was fantastic. Great bar to hang out with people, and the best hostel breakfast I've ever had! Really annoying that the wifi is only in the common room though

This place the place to stay in Sutanahmet. The staff were amazingamazing - especially the lovely Laura! Dusty was a very cool dude, Alim was helpful too. Alisher gave good advice for places to go. Overall, I'd recommend this place.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Jamaica

This is undoubtably one of my favorite hostels. While location, cost, and facilities were great, the reason I really fell in love with Bahaus was its amazing staff. The bar staff created an amazing atmosphere that helped everyone socialize and have a good time. They were very warm and caring and really made me feel at home, which is very important to me. When I come back to Istanbul, I will choose Bahaus again just to hang out with tthe great people upstairs. Thanks for the amazing time!!!

• 14th Jul 2015

Amazing atmosphere, almost everyone was a solo traveller, everyone got along great. Lovely rooftop terrace bar!

• 14th Jul 2015

The 14 person dorm is great! Maybe even one of the nest hostel dorms I've stayed in.

i went back three times to bahuas in my two weeks in turkey. it is by far my faviorite hostel ever. all due to the staff. the day i arrived i was made felt at home by all staff. both times i came back on a late nights i was warmly welcomed back by alisher who truely made me feel happy i was back. The rest of the recption was just as awsome. always willing to help. the best part is the roof top bar. the staff make everyone feel like they have been there for years. truely a special hostel.

• 12th Jul 2015