Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I had a pleasant stay in Bahaus Hostel. Their location is very convenient and you can have a perfect landscape in the terrace!

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

A top notch hostel staffed by a group of young, energetic international people. Facilities are clean and very comfortable and the rooftop bar is a great place to relax. Group activities are always being organized and the atmosphere is young, friendly and very outgoing. I cant imagine there is a better place for a solo traveller to stay while in Istanbul. The location is also perfect. Walking distance from many sites and close to the tram line. Would definitely stay there again.

Great ambience; spent a lot of fun nights on the hostel's terrace, which commands a very scenic view of the Bosphorous and the other side of Istanbul. Very helpful and friendly staff, especially Ali and Dusty. Stayed here for 10 nights, and ended up leaving and coming back stay for a few days longer. The best place to stay in Istanbul.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Second time here! Guys keep doing what you are doing!

So much been said, overall great hostel. Great relaxed atmosphere, clean,super friendly staff, curtains at the beds, etc. Nonetheless some points you should be aware of: The building is old fashioned and not in the very best shape. If you like to pay with credit card they charge you 8% more. The prices are meant to be paid in EURO cash, if you like to pay in turkish lira the give you a very bad exchange rate. Hostel is located in the most touristic area, no bars or clubs within walking distance.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thank you for your positive comments, but we would like to correct some wrong information you are giving: We charge 5% on credit card payments NOT 8%. The prices are quoted in euros as a standard rate, but you can pay in Turkish lira, US Dollars or British sterling if you wish. Our excahnge rate is actually better than the one used on Hostelworld or exchange offices. Coming from Germany, you paid us in euros so we don't actually know where you got the idea the rate was bad. It simply isn't true.

Everything was great. No complaints at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I've been here a few times before and I can't help but keep returning. This is my second visit to Bahaus in a short period of time and all the staff remain consistently upbeat. I have to pay special attention to Kiwi, Laura and Dusty who really make a great team in the bar. Shisha and drinking nights with those three really make you feel at home, particularly when they join in for welcome shots when you arrive. The Family BBQ and Pub Crawl are a must. See you again one day guys!

Friendly staff, great location and roof top terrace.

Took the Taksim bus from the Sabiha airport to taksim which was easy.. From there got a cab for 30 Lyra which I imagine you could go cheaper but that's just what I payed. I'm telling you this because the hostel had a shuttle bus from the airport but it's something like 60 euros! Anyways, the terrace was amazing, nice rooms, awesome location, informative staff and good atmosphere. It was really a great place. Would stay there again.

I thought the hostel was good, had all of the requisite facilities to form the foundation for a good stay in Istanbul. The bar was well-stocked, the other guests were friendly and the staff did well to create an inclusive and fun atmosphere. I would happily recommend Bauhaus to friends staying in Istanbul.

• 20th Jun 2015

This was my second stay at Bahaus and it was just as amazing as the first one. It's so easy to meet people on the rooftop deck and everyone really friendly. Perfect location too. I had to go to the american hospital which I was pretty nervous about finding but Alisher from the front desk was so nice to come with me to make sure everything went ok and then showed me more of the city. I love this place and highly recommend it to everyone visiting Istanbul!!

Absolutely love the beds here, they have curtains so you have privacy and also keeps it nice and dark in there so you get a good night sleep. The roof top has a nice view and the shower in my room was amazing!

Great staff. The communal facilities are clean and I highly recommend this place to solo travelers. Ali helped me and a few others get around Istanbul. He's a fantastic member of the excellent staff.

Good Atmosphere, cool staff, Kiwi is adorable ,Good location (really central and close to everything ) ., best hostel I have done during my all trop in Turkey.

Loved to be here! The front desk guys were really helpful and kind. Highly recommended!

This place rocks! Great staff, amazing rooftop terrace, great guests.. Can't say enough nice things about this hostel.

I was able to check into the dorm early which was good but the place was very untidy. There was no kitchen to cook your own food. The rooftop bar was great and the hostel provided a nice breakfast. However, the BBQ which was an additional cost was too expensive. I also tried to book a Gallipoli your which was priced 25€ more than going through the travel agent up the road.

I had such a great stay at Bahaus! I happily spent all of my nights drinking up in the terrace bar with the staff, Dusty, Kiwi and Laura. I managed to explore the city but was just as happy playing drinking games at home. The bar crawl Laura and Kiwi took us on had a great atmosphere and was definitely unforgettable. See you soon guys!!

My 2nd stay here, and well it's safe to say I hope to be back again! A great hostel, from the location to the events to the staff. The bar staff Kiwi and Laura run an epic bar crawl (at least from what I can remember) and the BBQs, the walking tours and Island tours are not to be missed, even just hanging with other guests and the staff in the bar means you're in for a fun time. The bar really has a great atmosphere, and Ahmet and the team cook some incredible food up there, thanks again guys :)

There isn't much to say about Bahaus that hasn't already been said, staying here means that your time in Istanbul is already planned for you with all of their fun events. From crazy nights in the terrace bar, to the insightful walking tours to BBQing and getting drunk on the beach (they have it all!) On top of ALL this upon arriving the staff welcome you to the family and couldn't be more helpful. A special thanks to Kiwi, drinking jenga is awesome and cheers to Dusty and Laura for a great stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7