Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

We booked a double private room for our visit. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had the use of two very large shower rooms which were very powerful and had more than enough space. The staff at Bahous were very friendly. I am travelling with my wife and they made us both feel so welcome. We went on the organised bar crawl on the Saturday which is worth the visit alone. The rooftop bar has stunning views of the city and is a great place to relax after a long day.

Best hostel I've stayed at in all my 4 years of travel. Very close(2minute) walking distance to blue mosque. Very clean, we were given a free walking tour, then did a pub crawl the next night. There's a cool bar upstairs, they have the numbers all the local stuff. And please do a Turkish bath while turkey. This hostel gets 100%

• 11th Apr 2014

We had the best time at Bahaus. Tony, Tugi, Jess and Bari were awesome!! Great tours and activities, We wish we could stay there longer.

• 9th Apr 2014

The male staff is being nicer to the female guest and kind of ignoring me, not telling me the activity they were holding. The only good common space is their bar, where the alcohol is pretty expensive and the staff try to get people to play beer game.

The hostel is in a perfect and central location. It also has especially tasty breakfasts with very fresh bread and lots of terrific items. However, we were displeased with the cleanliness of the hostel. The rooms were dusty and not well-maintained. The entire hostel looks like it can use a deep clean. The lounge, in particular, looks as if it hasn't been updated or cleans in decades. The bathrooms are also in need of remodel. Overall, a great location, but poor cleanliness and interior.

The staff and bartender were extremely friendly. The bar on the top floor had an amazing view and was a great place to meet other guests.

I did enjoy my stay in one of the most surprising cities, I've ever encountered. The hostel was clean and has been renovate, recently. Especially the people, who work at the hostel, do everything they can to make your stay unforgettable.

All the staffs are so kind and friendly, also helpful. Very close to blue mosc area The curtain thing for every bed was gooood

Hostel was in a great location right by the blue mosque. Has a nice bar / patio / common room overlooking the water. Hostel staff was extremely friendly and like they say your a guest for the first hour then your one of their friends. Rooms are large beds are comfy, with curtains for privacy. There's also power outlets in the beds. Breakfast was good and healthy with juices, apples, oranges, cheeses, bread, some meats, eggs and a bunch of vegetables. Showers hot. Without a doubt would stay again

i would definitely recommend this hostel, the location is really perfect, the atmosphere is really nice, and the most amazing thing is the Staff, they r so genres and they really make u feel home, if i go back to Istanbul, that´s my place, thanks for everything guys, and keep up the amazing job, looking forward to see you soon ;)

Great location next to the blue mosque. Nice rooms - each bed had curtains and its own light, powerpoint and shelf. Breakfast was good although could've finished a bit later. Very helpful staff. Rooftop bar was cool - bartender jess was always up for a chat, beer or game of cards. Great place!

This centrally located hostel is ideal for backpackers, which require neither luxury nor tourist treatment. Simple but clean rooms, a rooftop terrace with incredible views of the Bosphorus and a relaxed family atmosphere make the appeal of Bahaus hostels. Helpful and hospitable owners, travelers from around the world that you can get to know by a beer, movie night, or a belly dance show in the hotel bar in the attic. Breakfast is included in the price. ♥

• 22nd Mar 2014

Awesome place. Great location and very friendly staff. The showers are excellent as well. Keep up the good work

Great vibe, very comfortable stay. Staff are definitely cool and most convenient neighborhood. The top floor bar is a good touch and sunset from balcony is very beautiful.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great hostel! Really cool set up. Rooms were clean, beds comfy, and showers were hot. The rooftop bar was awesome. All the staff were great. I would stay here again.

The atmosphere and faculty at this hostel were top-notch. My friend and I even received a free, room upgrade. From the good location, to the helpful and friendly staff, to the rooftop bar/lounge, Bahaus is definitely the place to stay when you visit Istanbul.

• 13th Mar 2014

Best hostel I've been to in Europe - perfect location right in the centre of all the main sights, staff were very friendly - organised my trips to Gallipoli and Cappadocia for me and the room I stayed in was easily the best I've experienced. Also, events staged every night on the terrace and free breakfast!! Would highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Istanbul.

• 12th Mar 2014

Very nice place to stay. Can only recommend it ;-)

I was told by my friends who had come to Istanbul in the past to stay at Bauhaus. I'm really glad that I heeded their recommendation. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly providing a great atmosphere to the hostel. There is a bar on the top floor where you are able to meet the other travelers which is another really great asset to this hostel. If you are considering travelling to Istanbul I would definitely recommend Bauhaus.

Now having staying here a second time, Bahaus hostel really is the best hostel in Istanbul for a fantastic location, lively atmosphere and friendly local staff, with Toni, Bahre and Tugi all going above and beyond to help and advise. The roof top terrace has stunning views, is a great place for meeting people and where most nights activities are organised. The pub crawl with Bahre not to be missed, you'll go to some of the best places to experience the vibrant night life of istanbul offers

• 7th Mar 2014