Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff at Bahaus know Istanbul very well and were always able to offer excellent advice on what to do and see based on my interests and time I had in the city!

• 15th May 2015

Excellent hostel in great central location. Close to the main sights, very very friendly and welcoming staff, perfect roof terrace to chill and have breakfast, and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• 15th May 2015

We loved the hostel, its location and facilities. Awesome breakfast too! Just a pity that during the pub crawl is was all too obvious that we were just paying money to get the pub crawl organisation drunk. Buying a shot in the hostel bar made sure that the organisation got the same one too and during the pub crawl, we only got one free shot (which was almost water). Moreover, we stayed so lang in the first two clubs (over 90 minutes), that we decided to continue the crawl on our own.

The staff was extremely helpful in helping us track down our lost luggage which was very much appreciated!

• 5th May 2015

I had an amazing time in Istanbul which was just lifted by the bahaus hostel and staff. The hostel is in great location easy to get to as well. Great view from the roof terrace, very helpful staff. Most recommended.

Great hostel for location! Bit pricey but overall a good experience. Wasn't a whole lot going on but it was early May so I'm assuming off season. Not a lot of cheap food around but a great home base!

Extreamly friendly and helping staff. I really loved my stay there in Bauhaus hostel

Nice staff, much information provided. Even have shuttle bus for Turkish bath.

• 4th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great place to stay in Istanbul. I really enjoyed. Awesome location, great staff, and beds with mirrors, curtains, storage, and lights. Top notch stuff. I would definitely come back!

• 2nd May 2015

The staff at Bahaus are amazing! They helped coordinate everything we wanted to do! My friend and I had some things in mind of what we wanted to do but we didn't know exactly what to do and the staff set us up with everything! They are so nice!

• 2nd May 2015

Bahaus is amazing! I ended up staying for two weeks & feel like it wasn't long enough. Staff are friendly & helpful & I felt like part of their little family. Front desk guys Ali, Emre, & Alisher always helped me to find amazing things to do.Dusty, Laura, and especially Kiwi in the bar are so fun. Rooftop bar had a great vibe, great food, free shisha & the best & craziest conversations. Both the Old City Tour & Taksim Tour are great! But the Pub Crawl... Wow! Definitely unforgettable nights!!

• 28th Apr 2015

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed at throughout my travels. Staff friendly and go the extra mile to help, facilities are great with lots of simple extras in your rooms - power plugs by bed, mirrors, lights, curtains around bed, two toilets, hot showers, wifi in room. Five minute walk to Blue Mosque and shuttle bus to and from Ataturk Airport. Rooftop bar had a great atmosphere with all the Kiwis and Aussies there for ANZAC day. Would recommend to everyone!

Awesome staff, One of the Best I've ever experienced!! Location is fantastic!! I loved staying here so much I stayed longer then planned!! Kiwi, Dusty, and Laura are so friendly they make the roof top terrace bar super fun and comfortable :) Emre, Alisher, and Ali go above and beyond by showing you the hostel, the sights to see, and introduce you to the bar staff :) a great way to start off your stay in Istanbul!!!

Great place in a great location. It's hard to beat breakfast on the balcony over looking the sea. All the staff are really friendly and hopeful. If you're interested in uzbekistan, talk to Ali Sher, the resident uzbek expert.

Amazing hostel! Lovely staff and great facilities :) highly recommend

The staff here are were excellent. Laura particularly spent ages of time trying to give me a solution to my computer problems at the hostel, even offering up her own. Each member of staff went above and beyond every time I needed help or advice about istanbul or traveling in Turkey.

• 26th Apr 2015

Top class hostel. Just got back from a 2 week trip and kicked it off with 3 nights at the Bahaus. Beautiful clean hostel, clean and in a fantastic location in the old city part of Istanbul. The old city is not as busy in the eveningsas the new part so keep that in mind, but I preferred that. Its got a great bar on the roof upstairs to meet other back packers, we ended on a pub crawl on our first night, great time! Finally, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, couldn't have been more helpful, def recommend it.

The location of the hostel is unbeatable: close to major sites - in fact, I walked to most attractions! Also, the hostel is very cozy and has family feel of it. The staff are excellent. Most of them are very knowledgeable of the city and very nice and patient. They also organised nice social events. It is a great place for socialising with fellow travellers - the roof-top bar and restaurant is an excellent place to meet fellow travellers and get tips on travelling and making friends.

It is a great hostel. Kiwi is awesoneawesome and Laura cooks the best food. I was literally crawling at the end of the pub crawl...

• 23rd Apr 2015

Hostel was in a great location right behind the blue mosque and close to the tram line. The upstairs area is great for a drink or to take in the view from the deck. The Turkish staff behind the front desk were all very helpful and full of knowledge.

• 22nd Apr 2015