Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Bahaus hostel really takes care of its people. Barry took us on an impromptu adventure/grill out on prince island and Tony booked and organized a whole trip for me through the south of Turkey on the drop of a hat. They've made life in Istanbul incredibly easy and comfortable. Great views of Asia, comfortable rooms, a lovely bar upstairs, the best breakfast I've had at a hostel, and a genuinely friendly helpful staff. I highly recommend it!

Excellent place to stay! Staff was very nice at all moment. There is a nice bar at the roof with people all time ready for a beer, and there is at the same time place to stay confortable and quietly. Everyone available to make you feel at home. 😄

Best hostel I've stayed at in all my 4 years of travel. Very close(2minute) walking distance to blue mosque. Very clean, we were given a free walking tour, then did a pub crawl the next night. There's a cool bar upstairs, they have the numbers all the local stuff. And please do a Turkish bath while turkey. This hostel gets 100%

We had the best time at Bahaus. Tony, Tugi, Jess and Bari were awesome!! Great tours and activities, We wish we could stay there longer.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel, great location. The staff totally made this place. From the moment I got there I was made to feel right at home, right up until the moment that I left. I made friends there who continued to travel through Turkey with me, all the way to Greece. Tony's walking tours are the best, plus the rooftop is great for meeting people in the evenings! If you see a picture of people dressed as Sultans...yep that's us ;) Highly recommend this hostel. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good breakky!

A very warm and extremely fun hostel whose staff are all very outgoıng and exceptıonally helpful. A must stay ıf you vısıt Istambul! The locatıon ıs very close to all the maın attractıons whıch ıs always key. Honestly, I have not a bad thıng to say about the hostel as ıts staff, locatıon, cleanlıness, and overall travel vıbe ıs A OKAY ın my books!!!!

• 8th Apr 2014

The male staff is being nicer to the female guest and kind of ignoring me, not telling me the activity they were holding. The only good common space is their bar, where the alcohol is pretty expensive and the staff try to get people to play beer game.

I was in the 6 bed female dorm ensuite, it has loads of space. Room & bathroom cleaned daily. Staff were friendly & helpful. Hostel is 5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque/ Hagia Sophia, 10 to tram stop. The breakfast was good. The common room was nice to hangout in, the bar girl was friendly & even when there weren't very many people there she managed to make a good atmosphere (sorry I forgot your name). Free computers were very useful. I definitely would stay here again when I come back to Istanbul.

The hostel is in a perfect and central location. It also has especially tasty breakfasts with very fresh bread and lots of terrific items. However, we were displeased with the cleanliness of the hostel. The rooms were dusty and not well-maintained. The entire hostel looks like it can use a deep clean. The lounge, in particular, looks as if it hasn't been updated or cleans in decades. The bathrooms are also in need of remodel. Overall, a great location, but poor cleanliness and interior.

First night a few of the people in my room complained of bed bug bites. I was then moved the next AM to a different room, but was then charged more for the room w/ less beds. The wifi was garbage, and if you're looking to go out, it's quite far from any kind of bar scene. Cab ride away. It is however close to all of the tourist spots that you may want to check off in a day. Met some really cool people here, but still seemed to be 'dead'

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next » last »