Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Friendly, helpful and cool staff! They cook dinner on the rooftop which is delicious. Breakfast is also good. Lots of room to hangout, plenty of washrooms and showers, all clean. Overall good stay, will be back again. Highly recommend it.

• 8th May 2014

The location was perfect - it was just a few blocks down from the Blue Mosque, and few blocks up from the ferries. We stayed in the tourist areas for most of our trip, so this was a perfect fit. They did supply breakfast, and had a lot of nightly/weekend activities, so I can see why the price was 18 euro a night, but because the hostel is older, I don't think it should have been over 15 euro. There were codes for all the doors, and the staff was awesome about answering our questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bahaus and would gladly stay there again. Tony is the man, and he makes sure everyone meets new people and has a good time. If your in Istanbul you have to check this place out!

The staff is very friendly and everyone speaks English fluently. The washrooms and the dorm rooms are very clean and organized. The location is perfect since it's right behind sultanahmet square so minutes away from all the attractions. Best hostel I have stayed at!!

• 4th May 2014

Great place, amazing location

Good hostel, very well located, nice rooftop bar, clean rooms, hot water. Internet was hit-and-miss (worked sometimes but not others, stronger in some parts of the hostel than others) and music from the bar was loud the first night I was there but not the others. All in all, a good hostel.

Bahaus was fantastic! The staff were great we went on an amazing walking tour led by a member of staff that was completely free. The location was perfect and we enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop bar with the staff and other guests.

• 1st May 2014

This part of old Istanbul (Sultanahmet) is just overflowing with charm. You're away from all the bustle and there was no one soliciting me to buy carpets or trinkets (which sadly happens everywhere around the tourist venues). The highlight of the place is the rooftop terrace. The views of the Bosporus are perfect. Going up there in the morning for breakfast -- wow. Also, the BREAKFAST! Best I've ever had. The dorms and bathroom were more than adequate. The staff were also very friendly.

• 1st May 2014

Excelent place. Close to all the sights ins Istanbul. Great ambiance in the terrace, but still is quiet if you want to go to bed early. The staff was always trying to help travelers and giving good advices. Thank you Neco

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Chile

The location is great - 5 mins walk to Hagia Sophia, mid-Sultanahmet, cafes and restaurants within 1 min walk. Staff friendly, helpful and speaking a good English. Rooms are small and not very modern, some equipment rusty/old. Shower not very clean. The hostel has a wonderful terrace where breakfast (included) is served and where you can have some beers in the evening.

I had a really great time in this hostel! The staff was very helpful and funny... I met some guys in my room and we spent two days together just walking around! Im sure I'll be back soon for this hostel. Thanks guys

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next » last »