Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

this is a great hostel located near the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, the bar has a balcony that looks out onto the bosphorus and there are activities every night in the bar/common room. The staff are all very friendly and help provide a great atmosphere, would highly recommend if you want to stay in the old town of Istanbul

Wonderful hostel, great staff, the rooms and facilities are very clean. The upstairs bar and terrace has beautiful views and is a great place to meet fellow travellers, and the beds are extremely comfortable. I would definitely recommend Bahaus to anyone travelling to Istanbul!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Colombia

This was hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Wonderful people, wonderful atmosphere. Incredible showers. I felt like I had more privacy in their 14-person room than in a 5-person room at some other hostels. A DEFINITE must if you're in your twenties (or not) and staying in Istanbul!

• 6th Dec 2013

Really good location, a short walk from all the historical sights. It was very social and friendly and there was lots of stuff going on - games in the bar upstairs, movie night, that sort of thing. It was well cleaned and there were good large lockers. Breakfast was plentiful and free. I was happy. When I read the directions I thought it would be difficult to find. It isn't - the directions are just detailed (which is useful).

Excellent hostel! Lots of thanks to Tony and Alberto!! :D

• 4th Dec 2013

Great hostel with great staff. Comfortable beds and facilities, big lockers and a friendly, welcoming atmosphere! Even in winter is was fun. Definitely would stay there again. Bahri and Tony are both awesome too.

Nice clean hostel, well located too all the main attractions in Istanbul. 2min walk to tram line. Nice hot showers and comfy beds, with nice thick pillows! Rooftop bar with great view over the water, and a free dinner or event on each night, plus one of the best free breakfasts I have had in a hostel!

I had a very enjoyable stay - 6days - hostel very clean. Where problems occurred management quıck to act on them. Management very helpful and ınformatıve about almost anythıng ın the area.

• 1st Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Fantastic, probably one of the best hostels in Europe. 14 bed dorm room was brilliant - clean, big and w/ a p.point, reading light and privacy curtain with every bunk! Excellent bar/common room with awesome views over the city and the free events/food were great (pub crawl, movie night, soup)! Staff acted as if you were long lost friends, were extremely helpful, funny and would even party with you/play poker in the evenings. Bahre, Océ, Tugay & Tony - you made our stay incredible. We miss you!

What an amazing hostel! It definitely lived up to the hype. The staff were super friendly and helpful and made you feel really welcome and comfortable. I chose this hostel because I was travelling on my own and wanted to meet people and this seemed like a really social hostel. It really was! I lived on the top floor near the rooftop bar and never found it too loud. I did however meet lots of people through the bar and the great organized activities set up by the hostel. Awesome place!

• 29th Nov 2013

Excellent atmosphere with terrific staff, probably the best hostel of the trip so far. Unlike some other hostel in Istanbul room are very clean and central heating was on whole day.

• 29th Nov 2013

This was an amazing hostel, the best i've ever been to. The rooms are warm, clean and spacious and the view on the roof top is fantastic.. The breakfast is just perfect and the staff is helpful and so welcoming. Book now!

I'll definately stay here again!! Excellent hostel. Perfect location next to the major sights. Staffs extreemly friendly and couldnt be more helpful. Beds are comfortable with personal light and power socket. Rooms are spacious with great shower facilities. Also easy for solo travellers to meet people in bar. Cheers to Bahre and Toni for the fun. Particularly to Bahre for the hilarious pub crawl and his aweful poker skills.

I very much liked the hostel, excellent staff, very good location and superstandard programmes. The tomato soup served for Sunday breakfast was something I never tasted before. I will come back next time I am in Instanbul.

Amazing hostel! Best location right near Blue Mosque & Hagia Sophia! Great common area wıth the bar upstairs wıth unreal vıews over the cıty! Staff are super frıendly and accommodatıng & more than wıllıng to help out and have fun wıth all the guests! Bıg thanks to Tony ın receptıon for beıng an absolute champıon! Couldnt recommend more! Cheers & thanks!

really good hostel in an exellent location, extended my stay from 2 nights to 6 so had no reason to leave, bar is good and the staff make an effort, cheers guys.

Best hostel Ive stayed at. Staff are lovely people, extremely friendly and helpful, who know how to break the ice and make you feel at home immedietaly. Its a well known and a highly reviewed hostel for a reason, a crosspoint for many authentic travellers. Its very easy to meet people and exchange some interesting stories. Top location, great facilities, cosy rooms and clean bathrooms. Tony is a great host who will make you feel like you have family to go back to in Istanbul. Highly recommended!

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Bulgaria

First hostel that makes me actually write a review. Booked one night and ended up staying one more because of how great it is! If it was this cool at the end of november I can't imagine on peak season! Tony Montana (real name unknown) was extremely helpful, giving me tips and assistance in stuff like ordering pizza or even calling a former hotel I stayed at to complain! I stayed in 4 different hostels in Istanbul (3 week stay) and this is by far the best one of them all.

Brilliant hostel, I initially planned on only staying three nights and moving on, however: due to the helpful staff, great atmosphere and all around top notch services I ended up spending my full time of nine nights here. I honestly have no bad things to say about this place. Cannot recommend highly enough, 10/10 would come back.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Bahaus is amazing people location place i really really really had a excellent and unforgettable time i would like to come back bahaus is amazingggg

• 23rd Nov 2013