Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

We had a phenomenal experience at Bahaus. The beds are extremely comfortable and private, even in a 14 room dorm. The local staff were fluent English speakers and gave wonderful recommendations for affordable tours and answered all of our questions. We met other like minded travellers and made a bunch of new friends. Tony especially went above and beyond to make our stay fun and entertaining. He's totally passionate about his work and dedicated to customer service. We can't wait to return.

• All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is fantastic! The staff made me feel home. The breakfast was great and I could feel Turkish. Especially I enjoyed breakfast time with beautiful sunrise view. The information kind Tony gave me was very helpful. Beautiful Turkey! Very safe country. I like this trip so much. I totally recommend this hostel and Turkey.

• South Korea

I LOVE Bahaus hostel, love that from the moment you enter you're family, that the staff (Tony, Dominic, West) are excellent chaps that will take the time to chat, encourage activities and host like Pros, and the fact that at Bahaus you can be yourself. Much love to my new brother Tony for his friendship. So thank you for the parties, the compassion, for sharing laughs and offering an ear, and thank you for making my time in this wonderful city a little more magical. XX -Alex (from Canada)

• 23rd Oct 2013

Ah, what can l say about this welcoming and comfortable hostel. We arrived at 5am and Tony was a wealth of assistance with our bookings and any information that we have needed. It has been a great stop and stay on our 3 week Europe trip the location is perfect for all the local things to go and see. If we needed anything, whatever time of the day there is always someone to help at the front desk. Thanks Tony for your help for our stay.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Bahaus is a so nice place to stay in istambul. All the hostel is very clean. Therre is a terrace with beatiful view of the bosphore and marmara sea to have a drink, breakfast or just for plaisur. The location is perfect, maybe 4 minutes to go in the most popular site of the city by step. But the must of this place is Tony! Manager of bahaus, he give all his time for his customer and he cook the better kebap of istambul!! Thanks for all Bahaus team. Of cours i'll come back!!

• 23rd Oct 2013

The staff at the Bahaus hostel were awesome, the atmosphere was incredible and the 14 bed dorm would had to have been one of the best dorm rooms I've stayed in, with 3 seperate private bathrooms and every bed having privacy curtains, reading lights and power points. Everything you want in a good hostel. Would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Oct 2013

I had a great experience here. The rooftop bar gave a beautiful view of the sea, breakfast was tasty, and it was overall clean. I really enjoyed the Bosphorus tour I took. The staff were all very friendly, especially Tony. I would stay here again.

Super clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. Excellent location and great roof top bar. Recommend it!

Amazing hostel! Cleanest and newest facilities I've seen in Turkey. What really maked it is the staff. Wes was a cool guy and Tony always went above and beyond whar was expected of him. I hope they both get a raise!

I really couldn't fault the hostel or my experience staying there. All of the basic facilities were great [WiFi, beds, lockers were large! Rooftop terrace and bar was great, breakfast was fantastic]. Staff did their absolute best to make me feel welcome and one of the family. Only complaint would be about the toilets: the seat/plastic wrap seemed to be broken. But that's it, clutching at straws. Would recommend staying here for Sultanahmet, then trying out Istiklal!

This hostel definitely deserves a good place in the top ten of my favorite hostels! Clean, good facilities, big and secure lockers, super friendly and helpful staff, cozy roof top bar with sea view... thanks guys! :)

Great hostel all around. The staff were super friendly and had plenty of advice as well as organized outings for guests. Its centrally located near the major sights of Istanbul, the breakfast is your typical Turkish spread, which I love. Oh, and you get to enjoy eating it while looking out over the Bospherous on their terrace. Atmosphere was great every night, it can get pretty rowdy, but you don't hear anything in the rooms so you can still get a good nights sleep.

We arrived late at night and didnt get the room we actually ordered (room with two single beds and shared bathroom instead of double bed room with bathroom). The guy who was there was very nice but couldnt change anything. Our room was located on the ground floor and we could hear every time someone entered the neighbouring dorm. Breakfast was great served at the roof top terasse with a great view on the bosporus. Also its location is very central to the sights of sultanahmet.

Honestly the best Hostel I have stayed at. I especially loved the friendly staff,

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay! Would definitely recommend to friends.

• 17th Oct 2013

one of the best hostel i've ever stayed at! great rooms and bunkbeds, awesome rooftop terrace (it was worth getting up for breakfast to be greeted by the bosphorus, the crying gulls and honking horns from passing ships!), colourful and cozy decor. but what made this place a gem was the friendly staff. they would greet me by name and made sure that i had a comfortable stay and truly made me feel welcome. i would definitely stay here again. thank you tony and wes from a grateful canadian traveler!

• 16th Oct 2013

Friendly staff that was helpful whether it was with restaurant recommendations or arranging transport to the airport etc. Rooms are clean and spacious and the roof top bar is a very nice addition where you can get something to eat or a beer. Someone wrote in a review that the prices where inflated that is absolutely not true. Alcohol is just more expensive in Istanbul.

• 16th Oct 2013

This is my favorite hostel I've stayed in so far, the atmosphere was awesome and the staff was so friendly and chill. It was a fantastic experience. I highly recommend hanging out at the rooftop terrace and having a few beers with your fellow travelers. I made some great friends in my five day stay and I can't wait to come back to Bahaus next time I'm in Istanbul.

• 16th Oct 2013

I had a great time at Bauhaus hostel. Located really close to all the major sights in the Old City. Great social atmosphere with the rooftop bar and really easy to meet other travellers.

very good nice atmosphere the best staff ever tugi

• 15th Oct 2013