Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed here Oct 28-Oct 31, hostel staff are awesome and helpful, prices very reasonable for beers and breakfast is more than expected, mattress are brand new and the best I've had in a month, hot water is consistent and guaranteed and showers and bathrooms are clean, the only hostel to stay in if you want a good location in sultanahmet.

Friendly staff, great view, clean rooms, a lot of friendly people you can talk to. If i will come back to Istanbul i'l definetely stay at Bahsus. keep up the good work guys

• 25th Oct 2013
  • Romania

Had a fantastic stay at Bahaus!! Breakfat was amazing. The staff is wonderful and really helpful!! the rooms are great and not too noisy. I travelled alone but met so many nice people on the roof top that was held at the hostel. I also went on the events that were arranged by the hostel. Thank you so much Bahaus Hostel for being a huge part of my wonderful Istanbul experience:) will definitely stay with you again when I go back!! :)

Bahaus was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in...and it was completely due to do the amazing staff and amazing guests. The hostel is incredibly fun and chill and the common room and rooftop terrace are the most perfect places to meet fellow travelers. The staff is INCREDIBLE and welcoming and they really go above and beyond to help you with anything you need. The rooms and spacious, the beds are comfortable, the breakfast is amazing, and It really is one big happy family! Amazing!

• 24th Oct 2013

This hostel is perfect... It has a good localization, very helpful staff&owner, a good breakfast and the price is really good... all the things in the hostel are new and clean... amazing... high recommended... The room have a good locker and a very comfortable with clean sheets... and the bathroom was perfect, clean and with a good shower

• 23rd Oct 2013

We had a phenomenal experience at Bahaus. The beds are extremely comfortable and private, even in a 14 room dorm. The local staff were fluent English speakers and gave wonderful recommendations for affordable tours and answered all of our questions. We met other like minded travellers and made a bunch of new friends. Tony especially went above and beyond to make our stay fun and entertaining. He's totally passionate about his work and dedicated to customer service. We can't wait to return.

• All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is fantastic! The staff made me feel home. The breakfast was great and I could feel Turkish. Especially I enjoyed breakfast time with beautiful sunrise view. The information kind Tony gave me was very helpful. Beautiful Turkey! Very safe country. I like this trip so much. I totally recommend this hostel and Turkey.

• South Korea

I LOVE Bahaus hostel, love that from the moment you enter you're family, that the staff (Tony, Dominic, West) are excellent chaps that will take the time to chat, encourage activities and host like Pros, and the fact that at Bahaus you can be yourself. Much love to my new brother Tony for his friendship. So thank you for the parties, the compassion, for sharing laughs and offering an ear, and thank you for making my time in this wonderful city a little more magical. XX -Alex (from Canada)

• 23rd Oct 2013

Ah, what can l say about this welcoming and comfortable hostel. We arrived at 5am and Tony was a wealth of assistance with our bookings and any information that we have needed. It has been a great stop and stay on our 3 week Europe trip the location is perfect for all the local things to go and see. If we needed anything, whatever time of the day there is always someone to help at the front desk. Thanks Tony for your help for our stay.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Bahaus is a so nice place to stay in istambul. All the hostel is very clean. Therre is a terrace with beatiful view of the bosphore and marmara sea to have a drink, breakfast or just for plaisur. The location is perfect, maybe 4 minutes to go in the most popular site of the city by step. But the must of this place is Tony! Manager of bahaus, he give all his time for his customer and he cook the better kebap of istambul!! Thanks for all Bahaus team. Of cours i'll come back!!

• 23rd Oct 2013

The staff at the Bahaus hostel were awesome, the atmosphere was incredible and the 14 bed dorm would had to have been one of the best dorm rooms I've stayed in, with 3 seperate private bathrooms and every bed having privacy curtains, reading lights and power points. Everything you want in a good hostel. Would definitely recommend.

• 22nd Oct 2013

I had a great experience here. The rooftop bar gave a beautiful view of the sea, breakfast was tasty, and it was overall clean. I really enjoyed the Bosphorus tour I took. The staff were all very friendly, especially Tony. I would stay here again.

Super clean rooms and bathrooms. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. Excellent location and great roof top bar. Recommend it!

Amazing hostel! Cleanest and newest facilities I've seen in Turkey. What really maked it is the staff. Wes was a cool guy and Tony always went above and beyond whar was expected of him. I hope they both get a raise!

I really couldn't fault the hostel or my experience staying there. All of the basic facilities were great [WiFi, beds, lockers were large! Rooftop terrace and bar was great, breakfast was fantastic]. Staff did their absolute best to make me feel welcome and one of the family. Only complaint would be about the toilets: the seat/plastic wrap seemed to be broken. But that's it, clutching at straws. Would recommend staying here for Sultanahmet, then trying out Istiklal!

This hostel definitely deserves a good place in the top ten of my favorite hostels! Clean, good facilities, big and secure lockers, super friendly and helpful staff, cozy roof top bar with sea view... thanks guys! :)

Great hostel all around. The staff were super friendly and had plenty of advice as well as organized outings for guests. Its centrally located near the major sights of Istanbul, the breakfast is your typical Turkish spread, which I love. Oh, and you get to enjoy eating it while looking out over the Bospherous on their terrace. Atmosphere was great every night, it can get pretty rowdy, but you don't hear anything in the rooms so you can still get a good nights sleep.

We arrived late at night and didnt get the room we actually ordered (room with two single beds and shared bathroom instead of double bed room with bathroom). The guy who was there was very nice but couldnt change anything. Our room was located on the ground floor and we could hear every time someone entered the neighbouring dorm. Breakfast was great served at the roof top terasse with a great view on the bosporus. Also its location is very central to the sights of sultanahmet.

Honestly the best Hostel I have stayed at. I especially loved the friendly staff,

Great hostel, really enjoyed my stay! Would definitely recommend to friends.

• 17th Oct 2013