Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Traveled to Istanbul for the first time with my daughter and wasn't quite sure what to expect with the hostel. The facility is first class - clean rooms, clean bathrooms and showers and in a fantastic location. All that is to be expected (or at least hoped for) in a hostel, but what really makes this place so fantastic is the staff. Tugi (reception), Bahre (walking tour and pub crawl), and Wes (bar upstairs) were truly the reason why our stay at this hostel was so good. I definitely recommend.

The dorm rooms and facilities are amazing with private curtains for the beds as well as some of the nicest bathrooms/showers I have ever seen in a hostel. It is centrally located in Sultanahmet or the old town of Istanbul that was formerly Constantinople. It is within walking distance to many of the historical attractions such as the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Basilica Cistern and Topaki Palace. It is also easily accessible by public transportation. The staff are also attentive to your needs

Bahaus is a really nice hostel! Awesome staff members - they are always ready to help. Great activities , walking tours, pubcrawl. The bathrooms are big and clean and the beds are amazing! Free delious turkish breakfast and very nice view from the rooftop terasse. Would recommend this hostel for everyone who is going to Istanbul!

Brilliant Hostel -great staff -rooftop bar with great views. Amazing, clean, hot showers. Beds have curtains, personal power sockets, mirror and reading light. Plenty of good sized lockers, key code on dorm door and manned reception. Brilliant location in old town. Good WIFI in dorms and bar.

Best dorm room I've ever stayed in, even though it was a 14 person! Bahaus is comfortable, clean, in a great location, fun and safe. Wonderful staff too!

Ah this place was my first solo trip and they were amazing! I met the greatest of people and always felt at home there. The beds and pillows are super comfy and you have curtains etc on your bed so you can tuck away. Bahre and Wes were great, definitely recommend this place :)

The owner and the staff was the most welcoming and helpful group of people I have ever encountered. They were able to answer any questions I had about Istanbul and were always fun to be around. The location was perfect, nearly everything is within walking distance and it's right in the middle of the city. The facilities are extremely clean and up to date. Not to mention, even after I checked out they said I could come back anytime that day and use anything I need! How amazing! Thanks Bahaus!!!

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Costa Rica

Very nearby the main attractions of the historic center of Istanbul. Breakfast is good. Staff is friendly and helpful. View from the rooftop bar is very nice. Definitely worth the money and a good hostel to choose for your stay in Istanbul.

Bahaus Hostel is by far one of the best hostel experience I have had. The staff is beyond helpful! When we arrived we were taken up to the rooftop terrace to enjoy a beer while one of the staff gave us a map and showed us what to see while we were in Istanbul. Free breakfast give you a chance to meet other people staying at the hostel, The hostel also runs different outings to bars and clubs, which you should definitely take advantage of! Air conditioning in the rooms are the best thing.

• 24th Jul 2013

A slightly dated but nice hostel with great staff. They organise a really good pub crawl on saturday night (and you can join the hostel across the road for a (more commercial, but still fun) pub crawl on a Friday night. Very close to the major sites in Istanbul and the SultanAhmet restaurants. I'd highly recommend this hostel for most people, although real party people might want to stay in Taksim instead.

What an amazing hostel! It definitely lived up to the hype. The staff were super friendly and helpful and made you feel really welcome and comfortable. I chose this hostel because I was travelling on my own and wanted to meet people and this seemed like a really social hostel. It really was! I lived on the top floor near the rooftop bar and never found it too loud. I did however meet lots of people through the bar and the great organized activities set up by the hostel. Awesome place!

Amazing hostel. Gear location, good breakfast, and friendly staff helped ensure a great stay at hostel. Atmosphere was brilliant at hostel, incredibly friendly and willingness to have a good time was in most hostel guests. Would return to this hostel in the future, if and when I return to Istanbul.

Truly one of my favorite hostels I've stayed at. The location was great at it was within walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The staff was not only extremely friendly and accommodating, but went out of their way to help with anything you might've needed. Tugi is a great guy, and pretty funny too. A fantastic rooftop terrace, great free breakfast, clean rooms, bathrooms and showers all for a pretty good price. What more could I ask for?

• 21st Jul 2013
  • Argentina

Stayed in the 14 bed dorm, staff was a little clueless, gave us beds with people already assigned to them and then had to hunt for an unused bed. They don't provide locks but there are lockers if you want to rent or bring one. Only 3 bathrooms for 14 people which can mean a bit of waiting in the am. Helpful and nice staff though. Still would've preffered somewhere with more space in general though. Pretty packed room.

The average ratio for hostel/bathrooms is usually about one for every 6 people so 3 bathrooms for 14 people is higher than average. Did you expect one bathroom per person?! There are also bathrooms on other floors which you could have used. In dorms, we wish guests would stay in the beds assigned to them - by swapping beds during their stay, it becomes confusing for staff which bed is being used or not. So, in this sitaution, we don't think the staff are being clueless.

Best Hostel ever! :) The staff was decent nice and caring. Free breakfast were great! Aircondition in the room was a big relief in the hot summer day .We really had an amazing time there.

• 20th Jul 2013

Great staff, great people, great breakfast, great service. Thanks for everything and please don't change. Keep up that wonderful energy!

• Malaysia

Everything is awesome here especially the staff!! They make you feel like a part of their family. And nothing can beat the rooftop terrace. It makes it so easy to meet people at the hostel, and you can still get out and enjoy the sun! Overall one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in!

• 20th Jul 2013

The hostel and the people I met here are two of the reasons why I'd love to go back to Istanbul. Though it was my first trip to Europe, the people were like family. From the first sip of beer to the last minute saying goodbye... best experience ever and when I am saying this I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

Excellente hostel, located in the very center of the city, close to the main sightseens ( blue mosque , hagia sophia , castle etc ).the room was big enough and confortable. The staff were helpful and kind with us all the time. The only problem was that during our 4 night stay, there was a blackout of eletricity twice , but it wasnt the hostel's fault. We would stay there again.

Fantastically nice, genuinely warm, and helpful staff. Great activities of all types

• 17th Jul 2013