Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Bahaus Hostel, more like boss house. This place is awesome! Great enviroment and fantastic facilities. The front desk ıs run by a super accomıdatıng and easy goıng guy named tugı. Thıs guy took a lot of tıme to help us get everythıng we wanted out of our trıp, helped booked us a soccer game, accurıng us taxıs, shuttles and every other lıttle thıng we needed help wıth. The rooftop bar has a great vıew of the asıan sıde of ıstanbul, ıt ıs also run by an out goıng guy named wes, makıng ıt fun!

• 15th Oct 2013

Best hostel I've stayed in years. I had a quality time with quality people. Rooms are clean and beds super confy. The bar on the rooftop is great: . Staff is super nice and welcoming. It was heartbreaking to leave.

• 15th Oct 2013

I had a fabulous experience at Bauhaus! The staff were fantastic, very accommodating, personable, and knowledgable about the area and were quite willing to make sure my stay was enjoyable. The atmosphere was perfect for Istanbul it was everything I could have hoped for and had a very cool, comfortable vibe. Everything about the place is great, excellent energy, people-the whole thing I would go back in a heartbeat!

• 14th Oct 2013

Best hostel in Istanbul. It's located next to all the historical sites, transit, etc. There's a great restaurant nearby (Defne) that gives 10% off to people who stay here. The staff were incredibly helpful during our stay. Tugi did everything he could to make sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. He even took an hour of his own time to help book a football match for the three of us. Wes runs a fun bar upstairs and creates a good atmosphere to meet all the other people in the hostel.

My wife and I stayed 6 nights in Oct 2013. We were asked by a Bahaus manager if we would provide review from the perspective on an older (age 50+) demographic, since the Bahaus typically caters primarily to a 20-something crowd. In brief, we enjoyed our stay. We stayed all but one night in a double bed private room, which we found very clean, quiet, spacious, and comfortable. The staff and other guests were friendly, and the location great. Older travellers, have no fear - the Bahaus is ok!

Stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was spacious and surprisingly private. They have curtains on the bunks as well as a light and plug for each bed. The breakfast was typical Turkish breakfast with a decent choice. The rooftop bar is awesome and the staff are generally great. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

Guy on the front desk during the day is awesome!

We had a great experience here wıth Tony!Thank you for the kindness and help given us. The room and toilette were clean and the hostel very well located. We miss the roothtop terrace breakfast!

One of my favorite hostels ever. The staff was really helpful and friendly. The dorm room had the most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel, and privacy curtains around each bed. Three bathroom/showers for a 14 bed room is much more than most places. The rooftop bar is great, it has an excellent view. The bartender Wes is awesome! Each morning there is a free breakfast (eggs, bread, cheese tomato/cucumber, olives) and of course free coffee. Good atmosphere in the evenings.

I had an amazing experience at this hostel. It isn't a 5 star resort but it was very clean and had really comfortable beds with curtains surrounding them. The staff is fenominal and really made my stay in Istanbul special. The bar on the roof is also a huge plus. I met a ton of people even in the 'off season' but it is such a great place there are usually only a few open beds each night. Go here if you want a great time!

• 11th Oct 2013

I stayed in multiple places while visiting Istanbul, Cappadocia, and Izmir. This was easily a highlight. The front desk staff, particularly Yugi, is very helpful. The location is literally a five minute walk to the biggest sites, but most importantly the metro so you can get to anywhere in Istanbul safely and easily. Also, the roof deck is off the chain! All in all, I had a great time.

Great location and The stuff are very friendly. The breakfast at the Roof was amazing with sea view . It' really good experience . Thank you guys for hospitality

• 11th Oct 2013
  • Jordan

This hostel is 2nd to none! The 1st moment U arrive U feel as though U have stepped into your brothers home.Instantly U are greeted warmly by the staff,they go over & above to be accomodating.Tony helped us striaght away by talking to a taxi who tried to rip us off & accomodated my friends last minute when thier hotel double booked them at 12am.Tohgey saved me a days time by organising my entire itinery.Wes is always there to help with anything from carrying your bags or just a nice chat. A++++

It was nice to stay in the hostel and i enjoy much. only problem was the door of the room which create annoying noise.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Pakistan

Best hostel. Great location, three minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, and great atmosphere with the groovy rooftop bar. Special shout out to Tugi, who was so gorgeous and went so out of his way for us! So so accommodating and helpful; nothing was a problem! He allowed us to check in early and let us keep some of our suitcases in the hostel while we travelled Turkey for two weeks. Would seriously recommend this hostel, if only for the beautiful beautiful staff!

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in! The location is awesome - in the middle of historic Istanbul and easy to get to any of the major sights. The dorm room was comfortable and super clean, Roof top bar was great to meet with other travellers. All of the staff were super helpful and friendly and gave us great recommendations for places to see and where to eat. And the breakfast was huge and really perfect. When I go back to Istanbul I'll be staying here again FOR SURE!!!

• 8th Oct 2013

Really enjoyed our stay with Bauhaus. Toggi (spelling!?) was amazing...helped us every day with tips and advice for shopping, eating and further travel ideas - he's a gem! Amazing location, so close to the main sights and heaps of restaurants nearby.

• 5th Oct 2013

Really enjoyed this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was amazing. I'd stay here again in the future

Great place to stay with very friendly and accommodating staff. The location is excellent and the morning buffet breakfast is top. Will be back - thanks Bahaus!

• 4th Oct 2013

Great place to stay in Istanbul. The bar tender is great and recommended alot of good things to go see in the whole of turkey. Wasnt very full but was still able to meet heaps of other travellers.