Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Everything was great except I gave the location a 4 cause it's not near the nightlife scene. Great value and everyone is super helpful!

I absolutely LOVED BAHAUS!!! Such a great hostel, definitely one of the best, if not THE best, hostel I've stayed in on my eurotrip. The staff were amazing, especially Laura. I loved her walking tour and pub crawl--both definitely worth doing, in my opinion. It was also a great place to chill at night, they have a great terrace where everyone can gather and hang out and really get to know each other. Can't give this place a higher recommendation! Can't wait to go back :)

Could not have picked a better place to stay our first trip to Istanbul Laura and Dusty made our stay so great! I would recommend Laura's walking tour of the old city to anyone and have been it was just fantastic! Such a great hostel have already booked my return stay before I leave!

• 5th Aug 2015

Great time!!! I really have to say thanks to all the staff, they were all very helpfull. I had so many hints from them, about the city, tours, buses, everything. I had a welcome shot at the bar, which is an amazing bar by the way, even the food was so good. I certainly recommend this hostel!!

The bar staff are the heart and soul of Bahaus. They are the best guys and girls out there! Nice and clean hostel and power outlets for every bed. Cheers!

Bahaus is one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Their daily activities are a must, especially the walking tour and the day trip to an island. Most importantly, their rooftop terrace! Either just for an afternoon chill with a book or for drinks and games later at night. The staff up there are great!

• 3rd Aug 2015

My friend and I had just starting our trip around Europe and no had idea how much fun we were heading into in staying in Bahaus Hostel. I had one of the most fun and enjoyable times staying here! The Bar staff are amazing, very welcoming, helpful and have a great sense of humour. I dont know how many times i sat there laughing until i cried with Dusty, one of the many fantastic barstaff they have there! I would highly reccomend staying here as the expereince is unforgettable

• 2nd Aug 2015

Bahaus was amazing! Great location, The staff were so much fun and very helpful, the rooftop bar is a great place to hangout and meet everyone, especially as a solo traveller. The 14 person dorm is pretty large and cools down nicely at night. Would recommend to anyone!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Overall, Bahaus Guesthouse was a phenomenal place to stay largely because of its friendly staff and travelers that it draws. The other guests at the hostel were welcoming and it felt like we were one large group of travelers rather than individual groups. Just a great place to drink and meet amazing people. No need to look any further!

Comfortable beds, nice amenities. Definitely do the walking tour with Laura - she took us to places we would never have found on our own and told us interesting stories about the city, well worth the 30 liras. They are a little unorganised when it comes to the booking process as you can either use their website or hostel world and sometimes there is a double up on beds - did not affect us but we are staying there again in a couple of days so I'm worried it will happen then.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Staff are awesome, very helpful and they also party with you on the rooftop terace (they're just like extra travellers). Facilities are great, big rooms, big lockers, big bath rooms, curtains, even have pouches hanging on the wall next to your bed to put stuff like phones. Hardest thing you'll find is leaving the hostel to go explore Istanbul. Only downside is the wifi/Internet connection is flakey at times.

This hostel was the best I stayed at in Turkey! The rooftop bar, Laura's bar tending and tour, and Dusty's welcoming and jovial attitude! Kiwi was by far the most welcoming staff member. She made me feel at home in the city, the hostel, and was basically just the best overall. I would highly recommend you stay at this hostel in Istanbul, especially if you're lucky enough to receive your welcome shot from Kiwi!!

Very nice and clean hostel. They have a very nice rooftop bar. Greate place to meet people. Good turkish breakfast buffet. The stuff is extremly frendly and helpfull. I definitly recomend this place.

I can only recommend this hostel! Just a few meters from the blue mosque! I will definitly go back there! The rooftop bar is great and the staff is outstanding! They make you feel comfy and it's fun at night! I like hostels like that because the atmosphere there is just great! I travel a lot but it's not usual to meet a helpful staff like this one! I liked Istanbul before but now i found my safe haven! Special thanks 2 all the folks there! Cya soon!! Mikki & Mill

Great Hostel! Nice rooms. Each bed has it's own curtain for privacy. Rooftop terrace was nice and relaxing. Day tour was awesome. To top it up the service from reception to the rooftop staff members were very friendly and helpful! Definitely have to come back again. Thx Bahaus!

Before arriving, i saw the pictures of this hostel and i was worried. because it looks old and not clean in that picture. but it wasn't. it was just because of the vintage interior. it was so nice and clean. the air conditioner works very well(i even felt cold while sleeping). each bed has own mirror and lights and curtains, so you can keep your privacy. bathroom, beds, breakfast..everything was clean and good. it is located near the blue mosque. i strongly recommend you to go this hostel.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Amazing location Staff were very friendly and helpful Wifi also very poor at times

• 25th Jul 2015

A really nice hostel!!!Had a fun time !:)

I've had a brilliant 4-day stay at Bahaus Hostel. The overall cleanliness was great, food was lovely, the rooms and beds were comfortable, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and helpful. It's excellent value for money, the location is ideal for public transport/ sight-seeing in the old town. It felt very safe walking around in the area even late at night. The rooftop terrace offers beautiful views over the city and the sea, and the atmosphere was relaxed, things were well organised.

Right in the heart of Sultan Ahmed's area. 2 tram stops away from grand bazar. So close to all the monuments blue mosque, palace ... Etc.. The staff is very friendly and have good command of English. The room I stayed in was a bit too small with 4 beds and a bathroom/toilet. Clean. The breakfast was a disaster though but you can easily get cheap breakfast around the area. Just ask the reception for cheap good places.

• 24th Jul 2015