Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The location speaks for itself!! Couldn't have stayed in a more perfect location! Comfortable beds and clean showers! Breakfast was great to start the day! The staff is excellent and helpful. Especially the guy from Uzbekistan! Your the best buddy!!

Bahaus is amazing! I ended up staying for two weeks & feel like it wasn't long enough. Staff are friendly & helpful & I felt like part of their little family. Front desk guys Ali, Emre, & Alisher always helped me to find amazing things to do.Dusty, Laura, and especially Kiwi in the bar are so fun. Rooftop bar had a great vibe, great food, free shisha & the best & craziest conversations. Both the Old City Tour & Taksim Tour are great! But the Pub Crawl... Wow! Definitely unforgettable nights!!

• 28th Apr 2015

Simply one of the best hostels I have stayed at throughout my travels. Staff friendly and go the extra mile to help, facilities are great with lots of simple extras in your rooms - power plugs by bed, mirrors, lights, curtains around bed, two toilets, hot showers, wifi in room. Five minute walk to Blue Mosque and shuttle bus to and from Ataturk Airport. Rooftop bar had a great atmosphere with all the Kiwis and Aussies there for ANZAC day. Would recommend to everyone!

Awesome staff, One of the Best I've ever experienced!! Location is fantastic!! I loved staying here so much I stayed longer then planned!! Kiwi, Dusty, and Laura are so friendly they make the roof top terrace bar super fun and comfortable :) Emre, Alisher, and Ali go above and beyond by showing you the hostel, the sights to see, and introduce you to the bar staff :) a great way to start off your stay in Istanbul!!!

Great place in a great location. It's hard to beat breakfast on the balcony over looking the sea. All the staff are really friendly and hopeful. If you're interested in uzbekistan, talk to Ali Sher, the resident uzbek expert.

Amazing hostel! Lovely staff and great facilities :) highly recommend

The staff here are were excellent. Laura particularly spent ages of time trying to give me a solution to my computer problems at the hostel, even offering up her own. Each member of staff went above and beyond every time I needed help or advice about istanbul or traveling in Turkey.

• 26th Apr 2015

Top class hostel. Just got back from a 2 week trip and kicked it off with 3 nights at the Bahaus. Beautiful clean hostel, clean and in a fantastic location in the old city part of Istanbul. The old city is not as busy in the eveningsas the new part so keep that in mind, but I preferred that. Its got a great bar on the roof upstairs to meet other back packers, we ended on a pub crawl on our first night, great time! Finally, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, couldn't have been more helpful, def recommend it.

The location of the hostel is unbeatable: close to major sites - in fact, I walked to most attractions! Also, the hostel is very cozy and has family feel of it. The staff are excellent. Most of them are very knowledgeable of the city and very nice and patient. They also organised nice social events. It is a great place for socialising with fellow travellers - the roof-top bar and restaurant is an excellent place to meet fellow travellers and get tips on travelling and making friends.

It is a great hostel. Kiwi is awesoneawesome and Laura cooks the best food. I was literally crawling at the end of the pub crawl...

• 23rd Apr 2015

Hostel was in a great location right behind the blue mosque and close to the tram line. The upstairs area is great for a drink or to take in the view from the deck. The Turkish staff behind the front desk were all very helpful and full of knowledge.

• 22nd Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff are fantastic The rooms great The rooftop area is very inviting

Nice & Helpful staff . One of the most cleanest hostel that i've ever stayed!!! Great location, everything just walking distance.

Great location and great facilities. The crowd was a very relaxed, young group of people and being at Bahaus definitely made my overall trip to Istanbul more enjoyable. I ended up extending my stay and found the staff, particularly Emre, extremely accommodating. (I even tried to get my friends who were also visiting to switch from their hostel right across the street)

• 18th Apr 2015

A fabulous hostel top to bottom! The location, staff, clean bathrooms, comfy beds, and daily events/atmosphere make this hostel incredible with a remarkable rooftop and breakfast! Come to this fabulous city and stay here!

Great staff!! I had my best hostel experience, the view at the rooftop is priceless and rooms are clean & cozy. Breakfast is much better than i expected, the bar staff also cook delicious food and serving best Turkish beer: Efes!! Walking tour that they organized was great too! See you guys in a month..

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel is set up to be an awesome hostel, maybe I caught it in an off week as the Terrance was absolutely dead every night. But the staff was awesome, the front desk guy Ali was really nice and after talking to him he took us to this roof in top of the grand bazaar that had the most amazing view of Istanbul, and what I liked best is that I felt like a local which is hard thing to do being American. Overall it's an awesome hostel to stay at and if I ever go back I would definitely stay again.

• 16th Apr 2015

Staying at Bahaus was so much fun, the walking tour was great, all the surprises really made the city for me. Emre on the reception was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the bar staff Dusty, laurita and kiwi made sure I never had an even remotely dull night. Thanks again Bahaus!

• 16th Apr 2015

It's a great hostel! Staff are very friendly and interesting to talk to. Unfortunately the hostel was relatively empty when I went (lots of places around Istanbul were pretty empty, I clearly hit a low point in the tourist season), so oftentimes there was nobody but the staff to talk to :) The bar upstairs is nice. Reasonably priced beer, hookah, some food, and good company. Great view too, especially around sunset when the buildings on the Asian side of the city are bathed in that gold light

I really enjoy staing at this hostel. The personel are really friendly, and they go the extra mile to try to help you and give you some advice.