Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Was one of the best hostels I´ve been so far! Rooms have A/C and lockers inside. Enough badrooms availabel on each floor. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar is mindblowing and always good for a nice party. The breakfast is from 7am-9.30am.....could be extended a hour. I would defintely recommend the Bahaus!

Bahaus Hostel was amazing! I enjoyed my stay so much I was actually upset when leaving. We had a great night out on the Bar Crawl, definitely an unforgettable experience in Istanbul. Dusty is always lively and Kiwi was so great in the bar with their drinking games. Great group of people. I miss you guys already, Jess

I really enjoyed my stay, it was good value for money, a clean, relaxed and friendly environment. The staff made me feel welcome and were very helpful, providing activities and day trips, such as the walking tour, BBQ and Princes Islands. As a female travelling alone, I have to say a special thanks to Kiwi who made me feel part of the group with her awesome drinking games which created a great atmosphere, especially before the fantastic bar crawl. I had so much fun and I can't wait to go back!

Staying here made my time in Istanbul. The facilities were all okay and the beds alright, but the staff were fantastic. Laura, Rusty and Kiwi were entertaining and supremely kind and generous. Leaving Istanbul was like leave behind some great friends. Their knowledge of the city is excellent for food, sightseeing, and entertainment was always spot on, and their musical tastes are top notch. They helped create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for everyone and I'd gladly recommend staying there

• 9th Jun 2015

What a great place! So central, close to all the big tourist attractions in Sultanahmet, and a great atmosphere. The staff are really helpful, always willing to provide a stack of information on where to go, where to eat; especially Kiwi! Would definitely recommend a stay here!

Good experience here. Only major complaint was that the bed curtains smelt super musty and that the receptionist was quite rude and patronising when I trying to leave. All of the other staff were lovely though. Breakfasts, location and rooftop terrace were great!

One of the best hostels in the area for sure.

I stayed for one whole month and Alisher was always there to help me, his recommendations about Istanbul were brilliant and accurate, he answered patiently all my questions and he was fully interested in the culture of my country, which I totally appreciated. Also, the nice ladies that help with the breakfast every morning were always smiling and open to talk with me for improving my turkish while they were teaching me new words.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • FuadChacon
  • Colombia

Old building but well-kept, it felt cozy. Front desk was helpful with all questions and very welcoming, but the lady who does breakfast is SO rude. She made me feel uncomfortable. Great location, good experience overall.

Bahaus is one of the best hostels I've tried, clean, easy to find, and the staff were really good behaved, Mostafa and Kiwi thanks for the good time guys :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Syria

My stay at Bahaus was one of the best hostel experiences I have had in my 2 months of travel. It is amazingly easy to meet people which is a big factor since I'm traveling alone. But the real jewel of the hostel is at the front desk, Alisher. Even after a night shift he took me and a couple other people to some great spots in the city and was so fun to hang out with. I highly recommend this hostel and have already booked it for my return trip. I have more praises but I'm out of space!

Centrally located in Sultanahmet and within a 15 minute walk of most of the major historical sights that Istanbul has to offer. Kiwi, Dusty and Laura are knowledgeable, helpful and great cooks! I would/will recommend to anyone.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Alisher/Ali went out of his way to show me around Istanbul and I saw some really cool places. He also helped with some annoying requests I had and the bakery for Simit right around the corner. This hostel was the first of 16 in my trip and this is by far the best place! Thanks for everything, especially Alisher.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Exceptional hostel because of the staff. Just good vibrations and it spreads out from there. Thank you Bahaus!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Good location for all the tourist stuff bu really far from the bars and parties if that's what u r looking for! But the rooms are clean and the rooftop is awesome! The staff is nice and the food is good.

Bahaus was pretty cool. I think out of the places to stay in Istanbul, this is the best option. Really cool rooftop terrace and bar, comfy beds with curtains for privacy, good location near some of the main sights, and nice staff that seems caring. The pub crawl was really cool and a nice way to meet people. Would definitely stay again.

Staff were awesome especially kiwi and dusty, great pub crawl, nice rooftop bar, right next to all the major sights, food at the hostel was pretty decent for the price. Thanks guys, Seb :)

Great location for exploring the tourist sites and for the old part of town. Breakfast spread good on the roof top so easy to meet people. Staff helpful too. Stayed in 6 bed female - was really great. Curtains around bunks were ingenious - made for a nice cosy sleep.

An incredible atmosphere for meeting new people. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well kept. The beds have curtains!! Provides privacy. I met Kiwi there, an awesome person working at the rooftop bar. She is high spirited and hard working! Ask her to teach you the game of Mao I Win! :) Thanks Bahaus for making my experience in Istanbul memorable!

Great place to stay in Istanbul. The location is great and staff has some great recommendations for what to do. The hostel is very clean and the rooftop bar is a plus. It's very neat to be able to drink beers or eat breakfast while overlooking the Bosphorus and Asia. The free breakfast is excellent. Beers there are more expensive than elsewhere though. Overall I would come here again and recommendations to a friend for sure.