Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

A bit rough around the edges (room was a bit smelly and the window wouldn't close properly) but great location near to the blue mosque, great staff, and a great roof top bar with a view of the bosphorus, where you can meet other travellers. Also a good breakfast included.

Door has codes. The place was nice though obviously older. The drain in one of the showers on my floor was clogged. Breakfast was nice and they had a lot of activities for guests and it seemed like a nice place to meet people. Had an airport shuttle (to the airport) though didn't use it.

The staff here was really great. They were very friendly and had great recommendations about Istanbul. The room and facilities were great but I think it's the friendliness of the staff that really made the stay for me. One thing I might change is the hours of the breakfast. I think that breakfast should be until at least 10 AM. This is just a half hour difference but I think it makes a whole world of difference for tired travelers. I would also add a water cooler in the hostel.

• 2nd Jun 2014

It's very near the city center (hagia sofia and blue mosque) and has good tram connections. People are nice and make you feel welcome. Bathroom is very clean. Rooms and breakfast are ok.

Perfect location for seeing the Sultanahmet sights! Really friendly staff and very clean rooms. I really enjoyed staying here!

Stayed there for two nights in a twin private with shared bathroom. Room was great as well as the bathroom. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating and ensured that we had a great stay. The rooftop patio was great to meet people and hang out. Would definitely go back if I travelled back to Istanbul.

• 31st May 2014

Great place. Location is amazing. Dorm is very good with reading lights and privacy curtains. Only annoying thing is the very loud beeping from the keypad as people enter. Staff are great and breakfast is good.

Great hostel to stay at. The staff is very friendly and informative. They also organize pub crawls, belly dancers and hookah, and day trips to the prince islands. There are a lot of solo travelers so the atmosphere really just depends on the crowd there. There is a rooftop lounge with nightly activities and free breakfast. I'd recommend this place

Superb hostel. I had a great time there. The bathrooms are super clean and there are plenty for the size of the room. The roof bar has a perfect atmosphere and it's very easy to meet people. The staff are all welcoming, friendly and very helpful. I will definitely come back!

Great hostel! Impossible to not meet people to go out and have a great time on the town. Right next to the main tourist attractions, metro, cheap food close by. Great vibe in the hostel and good bar till late plus quiet enough during the day also if you want down time (I travel and run an online business and I had no issues getting work done during the day). They organised a great walking tour and a tour to Prices Island also. Really good place to stay!

Great location!

This is one of the most friendly and sociable hostels I have stayed in during my travels. The common area is perfect for meeting other travellers. The staff go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is happy. I stayed in both a four-bed dorm (non-ensuite) and a private room (non-ensuite) for five nights in total. I found both to be clean and secure. The keyless access system for the dorms is a nice touch. The four-bed dorm also had a full-size locker for each bed.

An awesome hostel to stay at. The staff were very helpful and welcoming. Always have a range of activities on the go for people staying at the hostel. Nice atmosphere, brilliant locations. Couldn't ask for anything better. Definitely stay here!

- very nice staff, always personal attention - the breakfast on the roof terrace with a view on the Bosporus is very good - the location in the historical center is excellent, 5 minutes walking distance to Blue Mosque - many restaurants on short distance, good atmosphere in the neighborhood

My stay in Bahaus was so GREAT. I would like to go to Istanbul again and stay there. You should try the walking tour if you want to see somewhere not typical. It was the best experience ever in Istanbul. All staffs are helpful, friendly, and nice. I liked that this hostel tries to make guests gathered and have fun. The rooftop bar is very good both in the morning and night. A dinner and breakfast were good to me. But only small problem was wifi. You lost the connection often. anyway STAY HERE!!

Wonderful Location, there is a great and fun atmosphere to know the other travelers.

Hostel staff was generally nice and helpful. We always felt safe, breakfast was good, the place was decently clean. Rooftop patio is a nice place to hang out but you can't bring your own drinks and theirs are pricey.

• 20th May 2014

My friend and I stayed here at the start and end of our trip around Turkey and would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The six bed dorm was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast on the rooftop was a great start to every day and provided an excellent location to meet people to explore Istanbul with... and as an added bonus the shower in the bathroom is incredible!

• 20th May 2014
  • sfen

The wi-fi was virtually useless. Otherwise, the location was great, the keyless entry to the rooms was a nice feature, and the staff was friendly.

• 18th May 2014

Amazing place to stay in this astonishing city.