Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location for exploring the tourist sites and for the old part of town. Breakfast spread good on the roof top so easy to meet people. Staff helpful too. Stayed in 6 bed female - was really great. Curtains around bunks were ingenious - made for a nice cosy sleep.

An incredible atmosphere for meeting new people. The rooms and bathrooms are clean and well kept. The beds have curtains!! Provides privacy. I met Kiwi there, an awesome person working at the rooftop bar. She is high spirited and hard working! Ask her to teach you the game of Mao I Win! :) Thanks Bahaus for making my experience in Istanbul memorable!

Great place to stay in Istanbul. The location is great and staff has some great recommendations for what to do. The hostel is very clean and the rooftop bar is a plus. It's very neat to be able to drink beers or eat breakfast while overlooking the Bosphorus and Asia. The free breakfast is excellent. Beers there are more expensive than elsewhere though. Overall I would come here again and recommendations to a friend for sure.

Really great staff and hostel, only downside is no kitchen. But I was aware of this before booking.

Great staff and incredible location.

• 24th May 2015

Bahaus was awesome, I'm definitely going back there. It's in great proximity to all the Sultanahmet activities, and having the rooftop bar/kitchen was nice after long days if you didn't want to head back out. The only problem was the wifi was a little spotty. Other than that the staff are great and the place is clean.

• 23rd May 2015

Excellent and helpful staff! Would highly recommend staying here

Horrible wifi, but there were computers for you to use. You couldn't beat the location and the staff was great. The place was very clean. The curtains around the bed are nice in theory, but they don't really block out the light. The lockers in the room were loud and frustrating to use, but they got the job done. Overall, it wasn't bad for the amount that you paid.

The hostel had a ensuite toilet, which is a very big plus in my books. The staff are friendly and made many new friends. Perfect location for tourism.

• 22nd May 2015
  • India

Other than the la i of water supplì in my first 2 nights, the location was great, knowledgeable staff, amazing. Breakfast!

An absolutely awesome place run by some amazing staff. The atmosphere is so great you'll have a hard time leaving the terrace and actually seeing the city. Everything is close by and someone at reception will always be able to help you find what you're looking for. Definitely the place to stay in Istanbul!

Ali Shair was great, he personally showed me and my friend around some of his favorite places in istanbul. It definitely made my stay.

I really enjoyed my stay at Bahaus! Perfect location, confortable beds with curtains, nice and helpful staff like Kiwi and Emre. Totally recommended.

My friends and I stayed there for 6 nights. I will say that being in a room with 8 beds was made easier by the light blocking tapestries. Other than that our room had one main door with a pin code lock which was nice but there was another door to the room which we originally thought was a closet, turned out to be another entrance to the hall with no lock at all with just a small lounge chair blocking the door. Not very safe. Our AC didn't work the entire time we were there. Water shut off twice.

• 18th May 2015

Absolutely no bad words to say about this place- a 5 minute walk from all the major things to see. The rooms are great. It's the little things that top them off like curtains around the bed for privacy, your own mirror, reading lamp and storage! Plus they are really clean and have private toilet/shower rooms! The staff are excellent- really friendly and helpful from the moment you arrive. The roof terrace has a great atmosphere and good value money on food and drinks. I reccomend everyone stay!

The staff at Bahaus know Istanbul very well and were always able to offer excellent advice on what to do and see based on my interests and time I had in the city!

• 15th May 2015

Excellent hostel in great central location. Close to the main sights, very very friendly and welcoming staff, perfect roof terrace to chill and have breakfast, and a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• 15th May 2015

We loved the hostel, its location and facilities. Awesome breakfast too! Just a pity that during the pub crawl is was all too obvious that we were just paying money to get the pub crawl organisation drunk. Buying a shot in the hostel bar made sure that the organisation got the same one too and during the pub crawl, we only got one free shot (which was almost water). Moreover, we stayed so lang in the first two clubs (over 90 minutes), that we decided to continue the crawl on our own.

This was my 2nd stay at the Hostel. I can only recommend it. The location is fantastic - in midst of the old town of Istanbul... just 3mins to Blue Mosque and all other historic sights. Rooftop terrace is great - the view is nice. Staff is super super friendly and helpful. I actually forgot my purse in the room before I checked out.... the cleaning woman found it in my room, and before I left the Hostel, the guy on the counter handed me over my purse with ALL my creditcards. AWESOME!!!! THANKS.

Great hostel, many thanks to all the staff especially Laura and Kiwi who went out of their way to make our stay really fun! Great teamwork guys.

• 7th May 2015