Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great location and fun lodgers. Quite a young crowd. Great staff and we even got a free dinner on Halloween. Good place to meet new friends and explore Istanbul.

Love the atmosphere, the staff so friendly and helpful, and the rooftop bar is SOO GOOD! Close to everything and easy access by cab from all parts of the city. Definately recommend it!

Overall a great hostel providing everything budget travellers could want. The curtains in the dorms were welcomed for the late arrivals and early leavers but made the room no less sociable. Good shared bathroom facilities were better than others I've used elsewhere in Turkey. The bar upstairs had a fantastic view over the city.

Excellent staff, go out of their way to help. When we originally booked our group had all booked seperately, upon arrival, the staff organised so we would all be in the same room for just the 4 of us. Also helped us with airport transfers and a day trip to Gallipoli

• 27th Oct 2014

Great hostel to spend time in while adventuring through Istanbul. Great location just a 3min walk to the Blue Mosque and Ayasofa. Easy walk to the Grand Bazaar markets and even down to the water side where you can get some delicious fish sandwiches. The Hostel provides nightly entertainments or dinners which is a great way to get to know everyone.

• 27th Oct 2014

Bar was pretty loud until late but otherwise liked the hostel and great staff. They do not include towels or locks for the lockers, which always annoys me, but otherwise good value. The neighborhood doesn't have a lot of charm in it's own right--mostly all hotels--but it's just a few minutes from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, etc., which is awesome. For better food (and better prices), head across the bridge to explore other neighborhoods.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Honestly did not want to leave!

• 25th Oct 2014

The staffs there are very friendly. Gave us a lot tips about Istanbul and our trip. Thanks for them, my trip was very smooth and excellent. I'll definitely recommend this hostel to all of u coming to Istanbul. ^^

Bahaus was by far one of the best hostels that I've stayed in during my 6 month trip. Laura and Mustafa were absolutely lovely and so welcoming. Sharing a shisha with new friends on the rooftop was the best.

• 25th Oct 2014

Gostei realmente da estadia nesse hostel. A localizacao e muito boa, as pessoas da recepcao sao atenciosas e te dao muitas dicas legais de como aproveitar a cidade e etc... Eu super recomendo.

• 25th Oct 2014

The staff are very frıendly and the atmosphere ıs awesome. Hıghly recommend!

• New Zealand

I really recommend this hostel. The staff were absolutely amazing. must saty here next time. love you Mustafa and Lura

Awesome hostel, great vibe, amazing staff. Just a short walk to the blue mosque and Hagia Sofia, don't stay anywhere else when coming to Istanbul. Little things: the beds could use a small shelf and the turtles downstairs look like they could use an upgrade to their home.

Awesome staff super friendly. Went above and beyond for any questions asked about activities. Cool rooftop bar and a nice breakfast.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Had a great time there. Staff was great and most of what you want to see is walkable. Heading to the bars requires a taxi, but they can help you out with it, and its only about 17TL / $8USD. Roof top bar is great.

I came to this hostel as a stranger and I left as a friend. Çinar, Mustafa, Ali, Laura, Emre, Tuga, you are all amazing! Thank you for making my stay so wonderful.

I really recommend this hostel. The staff were absolutely amazing, I was sick at the time and they were so friendly and caring. They also have a wealth of knowledge of istanbul and can help you plan your visit :) It's also a really great place for solo travellers as the rooftop bar provides a great opportunity to meet fellow travellers. It's also really well situated near all the main tourist sites.

Firstly I must say this hostel is very clean and has many lovely details; eg the curtains, they provide all the privacy you need. Secondly there are always great recommendations to avoid the tourist traps. Thirdly I want to include the good breakfast and great Kebabs, they're better than anywhere else in the city. Also I would like to give a special shoutout to Mustafa&Laura. They're pub crawl was incredibly fun, as if 2 friends were leading us to all their favourite places. A great party! Danke

• 21st Oct 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a good knowledge of the area and were always prepared to make the extra effort if it be calling a place and making a booking or drawing a map for you to help you find a place. Mustafa and Lauren were awesome in the bar preparing the shisha or just hanging out. The place has good character and is really easy to meet lots of other travellers.

Shisha, breakfast beer, amazing people. Stay here bro!

• 21st Oct 2014