Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing hostel!! Have spent the past year travelling and this is easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in. Guys working reception were very helpful in setting up tours/taxis/any other info I needed about Istanbul. The rooftop bar is a great time, whether you are pregaming or drinking there for the night. Staff is amazing and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Will definitely stay there again the next time I'm in Istanbul.

The front desk clerks place a high name on hospitality for their guests, they make sure you are safe and enjoying your stay in Sultahamet.

The staff were great; so friendly and helpful. They really ensured that everyone got talking to each other by arranging activities and drinking games. Will definitely go back.

• 30th Nov 2015

pros:. has really good breakfast and excelent armosphere, made lots of friends here. . cool staff. they have a bar in the terrace, you can buy food and beer. cons : the night recepcionist didnt know anything about his city, so he coulnt give touristic advices. also missed a kitchen for making at least a cofee

Amazing location. Though, they gave away my private room that I'd reserved, and gave me a shared room instead - which turned out okay since I had the shared room to myself, except I lost my deposit to hostelworld.com when the room change wasn't my fault, I shouldn't have had to pay both the deposit on the private room, and the full price of the shared room. Bathroom had spiders and a web right over the sink faucet.

• 28th Nov 2015

Really enjoyed my time here. Staff was very helpful and the location was superb. Not sure if you can get a better location.

• 28th Nov 2015

Hostel beds are great! The staff are really friendly, I visited in winter but the staff managed to bring the few guests together each evening and made it feel like home. 'Junior' did a family meal one of the nights i stayed which was delicious and cheap. I would definitely recommend

• 27th Nov 2015

Great Hostel! Had a great stay! Also thanks to great personnel Emre, Laura, Dusty and Jr! and the rest. Thanks guys for this perfect time!

• 27th Nov 2015

Excellent value for money. Big and comfortable beds with individual lamp and wall plug, clean bathrooms, and the staff is very nice. Also we had breakfast included. The only con I can find is one: there is only one common place, and is the bar on the terrace, and it's prices are quite expensive. The same prices as on any bar nearby. Also, if you are planning on going out, all the clubs are located on Taksim, which is pretty far away from the hostel.

The staff was excellent- Dusty, Laura, Ali, Emre, Junior, Alim we loved them all. Their friendliness and service was superb. We would definitely stay here again!

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Tanzania

The hostel really needs to be fixed in different spot. The floor in the room was cracked and broken at spots, there were bare electrical sockets, the shower and bathroom was old and dirty. Lockers under beds were old, dirty and some broken. The location was excellent and the staff average.

The location is quiet, behind the main attractions. The hostel is well distributed and clean. But the most relevant thing is the staff. They make you feel at home from day one. After your checkin go quickly upstairs where you will find the barman, Dusty - the icebreaker, he will be waiting for you there with a free shot. The guys organise games to have fun in the bar the whole day and If you push the recepcionist a little bit they will give you the best non tourisitc places to see :-)

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Spain

One of the best hotels I have stayed at. Great location, great atmosphere, super comfy beds.

I stayed here 10 nights with at least another 5 on the horizon. No kitchen to make your own meals, however the cook there makes the best food in istanbul all for only 20tl. So no complaints there. Despite being off season and there being only 3 other guests in the hostel at some of the quieter times of my stay, the staff made these dull nights fun.id give them a 15/5 if hostelworld would let me. I could only imagine what high season here would be like. Youre an idot if you stay anywhere else.

The hostel well located.Within less than 3 minutes i can reach Blue Mosque and within 5 minutes to reach Hagia Sofiya ;) The staff are superb polite and helpful....Breakfast was good and i think it's a nice hostel to staying in Sultanehmat ;)

It's awesome and very conducive ;) really nice to stay and most staff are very kind...the breakfast are pretty delicious and i will come back here again...Merhaba ;)

I like this hostel! Pretty chill! Easy to meet people and the individual bathroom showers is a plus!! Nice staff!

great place to stay close to a lot of cool stuff and a good place to meet other travelers. All the staff was super friendly- the guys at the front desk were always helpful. The staff upstairs kept things fun with games and drinks ( Dusty and Kiwi were awesome!! and Jr. sorry I didn't remember everyone's names ). The shower leaked and I got the floor all wet. that was probably the only thing I would say could be improved.

It's a great hostel, 3 minutes walking from de Blue mosque, clean, comfortable, good beds (I slept pretty well), the terrace is amazing with a beautiful view, perfect to relax or meet peoPle. The staff are friendly, they help me in all questions that I needed. For me the only problem was the Internet, horrible.

Perfect hostel experience. The hostel is located very close to the main attractions and to the Tram station. Rooms and facilities are very clean. The rooftop is very nice and you got a good view over the water. A nice fact is also that you can get food on the terrace, if you dont feel like going out again after a long day of walking. Staff is super friendly and knows how to have a good time :) All in all, I had an amazing time there. Thank you guys!!!

• 7th Nov 2015