Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I had such a great stay at Bahaus! I happily spent all of my nights drinking up in the terrace bar with the staff, Dusty, Kiwi and Laura. I managed to explore the city but was just as happy playing drinking games at home. The bar crawl Laura and Kiwi took us on had a great atmosphere and was definitely unforgettable. See you soon guys!!

My 2nd stay here, and well it's safe to say I hope to be back again! A great hostel, from the location to the events to the staff. The bar staff Kiwi and Laura run an epic bar crawl (at least from what I can remember) and the BBQs, the walking tours and Island tours are not to be missed, even just hanging with other guests and the staff in the bar means you're in for a fun time. The bar really has a great atmosphere, and Ahmet and the team cook some incredible food up there, thanks again guys :)

There isn't much to say about Bahaus that hasn't already been said, staying here means that your time in Istanbul is already planned for you with all of their fun events. From crazy nights in the terrace bar, to the insightful walking tours to BBQing and getting drunk on the beach (they have it all!) On top of ALL this upon arriving the staff welcome you to the family and couldn't be more helpful. A special thanks to Kiwi, drinking jenga is awesome and cheers to Dusty and Laura for a great stay!

Definitely the best hostel I've stayed so far! The breakfast was excellent, the 14-bed dorm is incredibly spacious, and bathrooms were very clean, and the staff was great - special thanks to Dusty, who went above and beyond to help me out on my activities in Turkey, as well as with great tips to get around Istanbul! Cheers!

My stay at Bahaus was a lot of fun, everything was great and I really appreciated all the little things; the curtains around the beds, the open book shelf in the lobby, the delicious homemade food at the rooftop bar and the huge effort that the staff put in to ensure everyone had fun and made the most of their trip. Emre and Ali the reception guys were always so helpful and friendly and the bar staff Dusty, Laura, Kiwi and Ahmet made sure the bar was always a blast, thanks for the laughs guys!

As strangers to this foreign land, my friend and I were warmly welcomed by the goofballs that make up the staff. Our first day was the perfect island hopping, beach bbqing, nature walking intro to Turkey, and it was perfectly put on by Bahaus. The beds were comfy as can be, the breakfasts delicious and with a beautiful view, the location was primo for walking to any of the sites, and the rooftop bar was perfect for some beer drinking and hookah smoking with all our lovely fellow travelers. 10/10

• 11th Jun 2015

Excellent hostel! The staff is great, they really help to make your stay better. The patio common area/bar is a great place to hang out and helps to create a social hostel. The free breakfast is good. I also liked that they have curtains around the beds. The shower is the best I've had at any hostel.

Was one of the best hostels I´ve been so far! Rooms have A/C and lockers inside. Enough badrooms availabel on each floor. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar is mindblowing and always good for a nice party. The breakfast is from 7am-9.30am.....could be extended a hour. I would defintely recommend the Bahaus!

Bahaus Hostel was amazing! I enjoyed my stay so much I was actually upset when leaving. We had a great night out on the Bar Crawl, definitely an unforgettable experience in Istanbul. Dusty is always lively and Kiwi was so great in the bar with their drinking games. Great group of people. I miss you guys already, Jess

I really enjoyed my stay, it was good value for money, a clean, relaxed and friendly environment. The staff made me feel welcome and were very helpful, providing activities and day trips, such as the walking tour, BBQ and Princes Islands. As a female travelling alone, I have to say a special thanks to Kiwi who made me feel part of the group with her awesome drinking games which created a great atmosphere, especially before the fantastic bar crawl. I had so much fun and I can't wait to go back!

Staying here made my time in Istanbul. The facilities were all okay and the beds alright, but the staff were fantastic. Laura, Rusty and Kiwi were entertaining and supremely kind and generous. Leaving Istanbul was like leave behind some great friends. Their knowledge of the city is excellent for food, sightseeing, and entertainment was always spot on, and their musical tastes are top notch. They helped create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for everyone and I'd gladly recommend staying there

• 9th Jun 2015

What a great place! So central, close to all the big tourist attractions in Sultanahmet, and a great atmosphere. The staff are really helpful, always willing to provide a stack of information on where to go, where to eat; especially Kiwi! Would definitely recommend a stay here!

Good experience here. Only major complaint was that the bed curtains smelt super musty and that the receptionist was quite rude and patronising when I trying to leave. All of the other staff were lovely though. Breakfasts, location and rooftop terrace were great!

One of the best hostels in the area for sure.

I stayed for one whole month and Alisher was always there to help me, his recommendations about Istanbul were brilliant and accurate, he answered patiently all my questions and he was fully interested in the culture of my country, which I totally appreciated. Also, the nice ladies that help with the breakfast every morning were always smiling and open to talk with me for improving my turkish while they were teaching me new words.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • FuadChacon
  • Colombia

Old building but well-kept, it felt cozy. Front desk was helpful with all questions and very welcoming, but the lady who does breakfast is SO rude. She made me feel uncomfortable. Great location, good experience overall.

Bahaus is one of the best hostels I've tried, clean, easy to find, and the staff were really good behaved, Mostafa and Kiwi thanks for the good time guys :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Syria

My stay at Bahaus was one of the best hostel experiences I have had in my 2 months of travel. It is amazingly easy to meet people which is a big factor since I'm traveling alone. But the real jewel of the hostel is at the front desk, Alisher. Even after a night shift he took me and a couple other people to some great spots in the city and was so fun to hang out with. I highly recommend this hostel and have already booked it for my return trip. I have more praises but I'm out of space!

Centrally located in Sultanahmet and within a 15 minute walk of most of the major historical sights that Istanbul has to offer. Kiwi, Dusty and Laura are knowledgeable, helpful and great cooks! I would/will recommend to anyone.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Alisher/Ali went out of his way to show me around Istanbul and I saw some really cool places. He also helped with some annoying requests I had and the bakery for Simit right around the corner. This hostel was the first of 16 in my trip and this is by far the best place! Thanks for everything, especially Alisher.