Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This was an amazing hostel. Nothing bad to say at all. Loved the face that there were curtains around the beds, which lets you feel secluded when trying to sleep. The common area is also awesome and with free shisha, a healthy breakfest, and lots of people to meet - you can't go wrong. Also - great location. Near all the big sights. Stay here for 2-3 nights when doing the rounds.

Awesome place, probably one of my best hostel experiences ever and the location in the Old City is unbeatable.

5 mın walk from all the sıghts which makes it a perfect location. The staff is a couple of friends who really enjoy their work and the contact with travellers. The rooftopbar makes it perfect to share travel-experiences with other travellers. \i love istanbul and this is my place to come back to

Awesome location to do all the sightseeing possible. The bar on the top floor is a great place to meet people, really relaxed vibe. Once you get the hang of the metro its really cheap and easy to use :) Made my stay in Istanbul one of my favourites!

Incredible location, close to public transportation, museums, landmarks, restaurants, shops, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great environment and bar/terrace upstairs was lovely

I have only stayed for two nights, in wintertime. The staff is very helpful; and the location is perfect if you don't have enough time and just want to see the main sights. The terrace is a very comfy ambient and it was great to start (breakfast) and finish (drinks) the day there.

Had a good stay. Only complaints is wifi is poor at times.

if ur in istanbul and backpacking this is the place to be. Great people amazing environment and very social. If you are looking to meet people and have a blast!

Very good hostel, great staff very hospitable

• 31st Dec 2014

I had a great time here. I had booked 3 nights and ended up staying for 6. I met many interesting travelers in the terrace hang out area. I really liked the curtains in the room because it gave you privacy and it didnt feel like I was in a 14 bed room. The only thing it needs is a kitchen that the guests can access.

Great hostel in the heart of sultanahmet, very close to blue mosque and ayasofya. Very nice staff and facilities like the fantastic rooftop with the amazing view of the golden horn. We had a great nye! Also good breakfast!

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN ISTANBUL!! The staff are SO friendly and helpful, especially Ali who is the best nightshift guy and Cinar and Embre who advised great places to visit in the day:) They were all great fun at the New Years Eve party at the rooftop bar- it was a night to remember! The rooftop bar is a fantastic place to meet new people and have cocktails or a beer with an amazing view, definitely the BEST spot in the hostel:) Mustafa is a great barman and his music is the best! Thanks:D

One of the best hotels i have ever stayed. Great location, amazing staff and a cool rooftop bar.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Bahaus hostel is perfectly located in Sultanahmet and is less than a 5 minute walk from blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Tapkopi palace amongst other attractions within the area. That aside, the staff are warm and friendly. They really take the time and effort to answer any question you may have. The hostel is definitely the cleanest one I've been to; bathrooms are frequently cleaned and the overall living space is very clean and accommodating. Look no further if you need a place to stay in Istanbul!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • India

Excellent staff. Best kebab of istanbul at the rooftop bar. Easy to meet with people. Hope to come again.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Armenia

This is absolutely my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The common area upstairs is the perfect place to hang out, and really makes it easy to meet new friends. They also organize lots of fun activities, including a pub crawl, which was a blast! I also love that the beds in the dormitories have curtains for privacy, and that each bed has an outlet, a mirror, a light and storage pockets!

I stayed in a lots of hostel before, they are the best ranked in each cities, such as Beijing, Hong Kong, Tibet (Lhasa), Chicago, Goreme(this one is also great) and so on. I have to say this is the best experience I had ever have. The staff here is great helpful and considerated, location is excellent for historacal area travel, and really easy to access to local authentic food, Would definitely recommend it to my friends who gonna visit Istanbul.

- The staff make excellent recommendations both in terms of restaurants and activities such as the " Turkish baths" in Istanbul. They proposed economic addresses, which were perfectly convinient with the budget of a student backpacker. Their sincerity was (and is) greatly appreciated. - The atmosphere is warm and festive. This is the reason that pushed us (my friend and I) to go back to this hostel on our return from Cappadocia. Thus, we were hosted by the Bahaus twice and each time we enjoy it

The location is perfect - safe & quiet, 5min walk to main attractions so if you're on a short visit it save loads of time. Excellent free breakfast caters for all tastes. V helpful friendly staff always around to give advice. Very comfortable sleep. Not a party hostel which suits us but was a little hard to socialise as rooftop bar music is SO loud. I think the "no outside food/drink" rule on the terrace is unfair as there's no kitchen & bar is really overpriced. Overall we enjoyed our stay :)

We think your comments are rather contradictory- you say we're not a party hostel but then also say we have loud music? Our kebaps and drinks are not expensive as any comparison with other restaurant/bars would have proved- perhaps your price expectations are unrealistic. We do not advertise a kitchen so if this is a priority for you, check hostel descriptions more carefully before you book.

Bahaus stay is definitely value for money, not to mention free seesha provided for the full Istanbul experience. Besides, make sure that you do stop by for a chat with the staffs, they will definitely surprise you exclusive tips for places to visit and nice and cheap eating spots.