Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great little hostel it a huge atmosphere. The private boat trip and BBQ on the islands was he best possible start to my holiday. Dusty, Laura, and Kiwi, you're all legends.

Great Hostel!!!! This hostel is ideal for the traveller focused on seeing the sights through to the party animal with the roof top bar giving great views of istanbul and a great place to have a beer and meet other travel minded companions. The staff are so helpful, genuine and fun to chat with and party on with...Dusty and Alim are two of the best blokes, and Kiwi at the bar is always getting everyone involved and making sure everyone has a great time. See you in August on my return home crew!!

I really enjoyed staying at Bahaus a lot however I thought our private room for 2 people was pretty small and the beer at there bar is expensive compared to most places. The location and staff were both good.

Fantastic hostel, in an even better city. Never have I had such fun in a hostel than at bahaus. Staff are amazing, and the rooftop bar overlooking Istanbul is a brilliant place to meet fellow travellers and make new friends

• 4th Jul 2015

Awesome hostel. Amazing location and fantastic staff! The bathrooms were clean and I love the curtains on the beds. Can't stay in a better place in Istanbul!

• 3rd Jul 2015

What can I even say about my stay at Bahaus? KIWI, Dusty and Laura are a great team in the bar. We played drinking games every night, had family BBQ and strawpedo races. The bar is so great, I met people to explore the city with and made great friends. It was sad to leave that place and I really do hope I'll be back soon!

• New Zealand

This hostel has so much to offer. I extended my stay as I found it hard to leave the people and especially the bar staff. We had so much fun every day from Kiwi and Laura's bar crawl, the beach bbq on a private island with a private boat, drinking games, and Laura's walking tour, and SHOT O'CLOCK!! Dusty, Laura and Kiwi and everyone I met during my stay, I miss you!

• New Zealand

very nice!!! nice place!!kIWI WAS FUN

• South Korea

Excellent. The view from the terrace was amazing and the staff very friendly. The rooms were good and it was nice that there was a separate light and pockets for each bed. It was also located really well to sights. No complaints. Would stay there again.

• 28th Jun 2015

I had a pleasant stay in Bahaus Hostel. Their location is very convenient and you can have a perfect landscape in the terrace!

Great all around experience! The facilities are fantastic and clean. The terrace provides a great atmosphere for people to meet. The location is walking distance to most tourist attractions. Would highly recommend to anyone!

This place was great, the privacy curtain over the beds make a huge difference wish more hostels had that. staff was great beer was a little pricier than I was hoping for in Turkey. breakfast was pretty good and their little coffee machine actually makes some pretty good coffee. if there is one thing you can not miss it's the pub crawl. holy smoke it is a wild night.

Bahaus was a great place right in the middle of the city and walking distance of many things to see. The rooms were great and loved the curtains around the beds and the toliets were great because they had new sanitary coverings for every use which was absolutely fantastic. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Definitely go say hi to Kiwi at the bar she is a lot of fun and definitely makes Bahaus an even better stay. Ask to do a strawpedo with her.

Excellent staff willing to accomodate people

A top notch hostel staffed by a group of young, energetic international people. Facilities are clean and very comfortable and the rooftop bar is a great place to relax. Group activities are always being organized and the atmosphere is young, friendly and very outgoing. I cant imagine there is a better place for a solo traveller to stay while in Istanbul. The location is also perfect. Walking distance from many sites and close to the tram line. Would definitely stay there again.

Great ambience; spent a lot of fun nights on the hostel's terrace, which commands a very scenic view of the Bosphorous and the other side of Istanbul. Very helpful and friendly staff, especially Ali and Dusty. Stayed here for 10 nights, and ended up leaving and coming back stay for a few days longer. The best place to stay in Istanbul.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Second time here! Guys keep doing what you are doing!

So much been said, overall great hostel. Great relaxed atmosphere, clean,super friendly staff, curtains at the beds, etc. Nonetheless some points you should be aware of: The building is old fashioned and not in the very best shape. If you like to pay with credit card they charge you 8% more. The prices are meant to be paid in EURO cash, if you like to pay in turkish lira the give you a very bad exchange rate. Hostel is located in the most touristic area, no bars or clubs within walking distance.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Thank you for your positive comments, but we would like to correct some wrong information you are giving: We charge 5% on credit card payments NOT 8%. The prices are quoted in euros as a standard rate, but you can pay in Turkish lira, US Dollars or British sterling if you wish. Our excahnge rate is actually better than the one used on Hostelworld or exchange offices. Coming from Germany, you paid us in euros so we don't actually know where you got the idea the rate was bad. It simply isn't true.

Everything was great. No complaints at all. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

I've been here a few times before and I can't help but keep returning. This is my second visit to Bahaus in a short period of time and all the staff remain consistently upbeat. I have to pay special attention to Kiwi, Laura and Dusty who really make a great team in the bar. Shisha and drinking nights with those three really make you feel at home, particularly when they join in for welcome shots when you arrive. The Family BBQ and Pub Crawl are a must. See you again one day guys!