Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Had a lot of fun at this hostel--- the staff were great, but special shout out to Dusty, Alim, and Alisher... awesome guys. Anyway, it was a pretty social hostel but you could always retreat to your bed (which included curtains) if you wanted some privacy.

The Bauhaus Hostel is in the perfect location for exploring old town Istanbul as it's just around the corner from the Blue Mosque and the Aya Sofia. From the roof top bar you get a view across the city and river. The staff are warm and welcoming. Very good value for money.

Good hostel. The front desk staff are awesome. Always there to help. Everything was positive. Exactly what you need from a hostel

I had the best time at Bahaus hostel! Nice, clean rooms and bathrooms, an awesome terrace and the kindest staff ever. No matter if I needed directions to the hostel from the airport via email, advice on where to go and what to see in Istanbul or just someone to talk to, the staff was always kind and funny. Espacially Dusty and Laura at the terrace bar were awesomely sweet and kind. If I ever come back to Istanbul I will definitely stay at Bahaus again! Thank you guys. Jeffrey

• 13th Oct 2015

Very social hostel with a great staff who takes care of every single guest to have a great time from the moment you check in, at the wonderful terrasse bar (btw Dusty and ppl from the bar are the best!!). Many activities organized every day and walking distance to the best attractions in town.

There are many reasons why you should stay at Bahaus Hostel in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul, but two stand out far beyond the rest: the legendary 'people upstairs' Laura and Dusty (ask him about the pumpkin). This hostel attracts real backpackers who are always up for a good time. Beer is a bit pricy, but it's worth every penny for the experience that the Bahaus bar brings you. Book already and be prepared to party and experience one of the world's coolest city's!

Clean and situated near all the main tourist attractions; however, it is far from the nightlife. The hostel runs events each day, but during my stay many were canceled due to rain. There is a bar upstairs which serves breakfast every morning, though it ends earlier than other places I have stayed. The breakfast is free and is great. You can also order food there and sometimes they have a dinner event, but it is not included. Some staff were nice, others not so much.

Excellent place to stay, great location and amazing staff. Shout out to Laura the shisha queen, kiwi the backgammon sensei and dusty the loosest barman around. Guys on reception were amazing with directions and local places to eat. Even though I was here in the down season, still had many rowdy nights up on the terrace. Will definitely be coming back on my return to Turkey but I'll try to stay less than 9 days.... Try

Great hostel in a great location. Breakfast was good and the rooms were very spacious. Rooftop terrace was amazing (although the beers were slightly overpriced). Would highly recommend. #lockdown

Brilliant location - literally

Nice place, easy to find and with fantastic views to the Bosforo (from the terrace) while you have breakfast, however quality of juices and coffe should be ameliorated. Staff was very friendly and they make us feel comfortable. I would recommended it without doubts.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Atmosphere of this hostel is great? Smaller bedded rooms make it feel more homely and the rood top bar/resturant is a winner!

Overpriced for the area, but lovely staff, and great vibes with other backpackers and travelers. However very strict on bringing in outside alcohol and breakfast. Breakfast goes only till 930 and if you show up 10 minutes late the turkish woman will not serve you. The unlimited roof top bbq for 35 lira is a best. Thanks Dusty and Laura for a great few days!

This hostel was really, really great! The wifi was a bit stop/start but the overall vibe was really nice. Really close to the Blue Mosque and pretty much all the big sites in the European side. However, I feel as if the real party areas of Taksim are a bit far, however taxi's arent that expensive either. Staff were good, there is something to do every single night as well. Really happy, was also lucky enough to be staying at the same time as absolute legends. Loved this place overall

Bahaus is a nice place. All staff there r good talker. Alisher was kind to show me ard the hostel. The female staff (forgot the exact name) on terrence was juz enthusiastic to treat me awesome alcohol. Oh ys u can chill for a great night on the terrence lol!

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had a terrific time at Bahaus - great location and facilities and the staff running the hostel and bar were wonderful. fully recommended

Bad: the cleaning staff at any time between the bedrooms, make noise, talk, open and close windows and curtains are 10 am to 12 am giving you the same. should have a plan of work, we travel we want descanzar and sleep late. The Good: location, room, breakfast, staff, beds and cleaning.

Hostel was awesome. All the staff are great and it's a real social hostel. Rooms etc are awesome too with aircon. Definitely be back there next time I'm in Istanbul. I've been there twice in 2 weeks now. Well worth it!

• 26th Sep 2015

The hostel was good. However I had left my phone charger on the bed and it went missing. Also one of the staff made a rude comment about my appearance in my passport photo which was not cool.

It was great being so welcomed, even when I got in at 4am from a late flight, and everything there felt easy and nice. The bed was very comfy, the room was clean, and the staff helped with any and all questions that I had. They even kept my phone charger safe for me after I officially checked until I could get it later.

• 25th Sep 2015