Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff is amazing. The rooftop bar and terrace are the place you will meet friends to visit the Blue Mosque with. The 14 bed dorm is very nice, the AC makes it nice and cool, and the curtains at each bed gives you privacy. The bathrooms are great, clean and modern. The atmosphere of the whole place is so good, I even stayed in the hostel one day just because I wanted to relax a bit. The only thing I would love would be a kitchen. The food and drinks at the bar are a little expensive.

Best hostel stay I could imagine!! Zero complaints - I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I wish all hostel experiences could be just like this one. Very clean, excellent facilities. Awesome, friendly, social atmosphere on the rooftop terrace. They organize a wide range of activities and it's so easy to meet people even when traveling alone. But the best part was the staff - they quickly feel like friends you've known for forever. They really care and offer incredible advice. Stay here!!!

To be honest this is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Great atmosphere, great staff. Tuguy, Laura, Cinar and Mustafa are fantastic.

Keep doing what you're doing! A big thank you to all the staff and I hope to see you again! Regards, Pepper.

Very nice hostel in Istanbul. Extremely helpful staff and very welcoming. Good location and cozy. Definitely would recommend.

Fantastic hostel! Our second visit - the staff here make you feel extremely welcome. After a few months travel Bahuas was a home away from home. The rooftop bar has a great vıbe and the daıly actıvıtıes orgaınısed by staff create a great socıal atmosphere.

realy good hostel clean hijyeic and very close to all tourıctıc place price cheep dorm room big thank you for evertinng bahaus 5 star

Awesome hostel! Great location! I highly recommend.

Very cool vibe, I was able to meet and create a solid group of people who trekked it around each day.. The terrace is excellent for a few afternoon beers. The staff are fantastic also. The beers could be cheaper and the wifi better but overall a great stay!

Staff, location and facilities were great. Only negatives were cannot bring food/drink into the hostel and the water/kebabs there are more expensive than just around the corner which is unhelpful for packbackers' on a budget. Music in the rooftop bar was also absurdly loud which look away from the atmosphere a little. But overall would recommend staying here

Excellent location. Tasty and rich breakfast. Amazing views from the roof terrace. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Definitely recommend. Will stay there again.

This hostel was pretty good. I had been hoping for more of a social hostel, where it would be easy to meet other travellers. I'm not sure if it just wasn't busy when I was staying or if people just weren't around, but it was very difficult to meet people. The amenities are great, free breakfast, wifi, lockers, even curtains around the beds. The rooftop is a great hangout spot with a beautiful view, and one night the staff even arranged for a bellydancer to come and dance which was cool.

Enjoyed everyday we stayed. Staff was super awesome and made you feel right at home. Terrace bar at night was the best way too cool off after a long day. 10/10 wouldn't consider any other hostels. Thank you so much. I dont think there could possibly be a hostel better than this one.

Great place for city tours. A cozy place to stay in Istanbul. If you are looking for party hostel then this is not your place, but if you want a comfy bed and friendly vibe you should stay here. Close to Blue Mosque.

The staff are great, and I was able to meet a lot of great people. Though it isn't the newest hostel, it is still nice and has a lot of character! Location is great as well. I miss Bahaus already!

+ very friendly and helpful staff + clean rooms, beds and sanitary installations - Air condition didn't work - lousy lockers - some renovation on many things in the house should be done soon! Some times many things may make the impression to fallen apart...

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bauhaus Hostel. The staff were so helpful and friendly we just had to book another night with them. The location couldn't be better for visiting the major sights of Istanbul.

• 8th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

The dorms are very well set up with aircon, a socket by every bed and curtains around the bed. Location is great and the roof top terrace has great views and was good to meet other travellers.

Great location in city center. Staff not very helpful, however, with desk person often outside smoking. Excessive charge for towel rental. Loud music until late.

Overall a really good hostel with a good atmosphere. They have a really nice rooftop terrace where it's easy to meet other travellers, a room with computers with Internet access, nice and clean room, they organize pubcrawls etc. The only negative thing was that one of the staff members too really pushy to sell us a boat trip and suggest restaurants, which I assume he does to make money himself.