Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Had a good stay. Only complaints is wifi is poor at times.

if ur in istanbul and backpacking this is the place to be. Great people amazing environment and very social. If you are looking to meet people and have a blast!

Very good hostel, great staff very hospitable

• 31st Dec 2014

I had a great time here. I had booked 3 nights and ended up staying for 6. I met many interesting travelers in the terrace hang out area. I really liked the curtains in the room because it gave you privacy and it didnt feel like I was in a 14 bed room. The only thing it needs is a kitchen that the guests can access.

Great hostel in the heart of sultanahmet, very close to blue mosque and ayasofya. Very nice staff and facilities like the fantastic rooftop with the amazing view of the golden horn. We had a great nye! Also good breakfast!

THIS IS THE BEST HOSTEL IN ISTANBUL!! The staff are SO friendly and helpful, especially Ali who is the best nightshift guy and Cinar and Embre who advised great places to visit in the day:) They were all great fun at the New Years Eve party at the rooftop bar- it was a night to remember! The rooftop bar is a fantastic place to meet new people and have cocktails or a beer with an amazing view, definitely the BEST spot in the hostel:) Mustafa is a great barman and his music is the best! Thanks:D

One of the best hotels i have ever stayed. Great location, amazing staff and a cool rooftop bar.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Greece

Bahaus hostel is perfectly located in Sultanahmet and is less than a 5 minute walk from blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Tapkopi palace amongst other attractions within the area. That aside, the staff are warm and friendly. They really take the time and effort to answer any question you may have. The hostel is definitely the cleanest one I've been to; bathrooms are frequently cleaned and the overall living space is very clean and accommodating. Look no further if you need a place to stay in Istanbul!

• 25th Dec 2014
  • India

Excellent staff. Best kebab of istanbul at the rooftop bar. Easy to meet with people. Hope to come again.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Armenia

This is absolutely my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at! The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The common area upstairs is the perfect place to hang out, and really makes it easy to meet new friends. They also organize lots of fun activities, including a pub crawl, which was a blast! I also love that the beds in the dormitories have curtains for privacy, and that each bed has an outlet, a mirror, a light and storage pockets!

I stayed in a lots of hostel before, they are the best ranked in each cities, such as Beijing, Hong Kong, Tibet (Lhasa), Chicago, Goreme(this one is also great) and so on. I have to say this is the best experience I had ever have. The staff here is great helpful and considerated, location is excellent for historacal area travel, and really easy to access to local authentic food, Would definitely recommend it to my friends who gonna visit Istanbul.

- The staff make excellent recommendations both in terms of restaurants and activities such as the " Turkish baths" in Istanbul. They proposed economic addresses, which were perfectly convinient with the budget of a student backpacker. Their sincerity was (and is) greatly appreciated. - The atmosphere is warm and festive. This is the reason that pushed us (my friend and I) to go back to this hostel on our return from Cappadocia. Thus, we were hosted by the Bahaus twice and each time we enjoy it

The location is perfect - safe & quiet, 5min walk to main attractions so if you're on a short visit it save loads of time. Excellent free breakfast caters for all tastes. V helpful friendly staff always around to give advice. Very comfortable sleep. Not a party hostel which suits us but was a little hard to socialise as rooftop bar music is SO loud. I think the "no outside food/drink" rule on the terrace is unfair as there's no kitchen & bar is really overpriced. Overall we enjoyed our stay :)

We think your comments are rather contradictory- you say we're not a party hostel but then also say we have loud music? Our kebaps and drinks are not expensive as any comparison with other restaurant/bars would have proved- perhaps your price expectations are unrealistic. We do not advertise a kitchen so if this is a priority for you, check hostel descriptions more carefully before you book.

Bahaus stay is definitely value for money, not to mention free seesha provided for the full Istanbul experience. Besides, make sure that you do stop by for a chat with the staffs, they will definitely surprise you exclusive tips for places to visit and nice and cheap eating spots.

The staff is really helpful and friendly! The bathroom is really clean! I met some great people there!

Staffs were so nice and helpful. My favorite part of this hostel was that each beds have curtains and you can feel it's like own room:) Strongly recommended:))

Great hostel- gives you everything you may need and makes you feel relaxed and comfortable.

• Latvia

manager is very Friendly and causing great!!!

• South Korea

I arrived at the hostel after not getting off to a good start in Istanbul having been ripped off by the taxi driver, but I was welcomed to the hostel by very friendly staff. The hostel was very clean, and the rooms were well laid out with curtains around the bunks. I was travelling alone, but I felt very safe and the staff were very helpful in terms of suggestions of places to eat and helpful advice regarding sight seeing. I would definitely stay here again if I was to return to Istanbul.

• New Zealand

I was satisfied with everything. Especially the staff are great. So helpful. The young guys offer heartful service for guests. Also if you wanna visit places where local people go, they will help you. I m planning to revisit this hostel one month later.

• 18th Dec 2014