Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This hostel was an absolute relief after a long flight. I could check in at 1:30, no problem at all! Then, the guys from the hostel guided me upstairs and provided my with a welcoming drink. One of the hostel guys named Dusty, who was behind the bar at that time, even stayed up for a few more rounds after my arrival. Although it was a short stay I really felt welcome and enjoyed it in the Bahaus hostel and I would definitely recommend it to others visiting Istanbul!

OMG this place is probably one of the best hostels i have ever been to. its defiantly in my top 5! The staff are kind and helpful. Kiwi, Laura and dusty you guys are so amazing! thanks kiwi for showing me how to play backgamon. you guys rock!

Everything was good, but I cannot say I was blown away by anything. I would say bathrooms were in better shape than many other places, and that is a huge advantage. Location good, organized events good, and a few very nice staff.

Location, facilities and staff all outstanding. Dusty and his staff made me feel like I was at home even keeping the bar open for longer as i had a late flight in. Amazing people who know their stuff and like to have a good time. Would def recommend to all..

I had an awesome time at Bahaus. The atmosphere was very good and the location was perfect. I highly recommend a stay at this hostel when you're visiting Istanbul.

• 20th Sep 2015

Great place. The terrace has an amazing view and it is very welcoming!

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

I have to say that this hostel had by far the best hostel room I had ever stayed in (I stayed in 14 bed dorm). The staff were very helpful only thing I can fault was the price of drinks was very expensive almost double what it costs to get them from a shop 50m away.

Bahaus Hostel is hands down the best place Ive ever stayed... All the staff was amazing especially Dusty and Lara (roof top bartenders).The Hostel is right around the corner from the blue mosque and sofia.. seaside view... if your a solo traveler, they have specific days that you can mingle with other hostel ppl... ex: bar crawl, tours, family dinner, bath house, boat trip to an island- jumped off the cliff, a little hiking and bbq. Free shot on arrival, make sure u make it a "Sexy Jesus" :)

• 19th Sep 2015

Stayed at Bahaus Hostel at the end of September, traveling solo, and had a wicked time. All the staff go out of their way to make sure you're introduced to everyone and feel welcome, and went above and beyond whenever I had a question. The rooftop bar is also a great place for meeting people, along with the daily events they put on. Met a load of good people there as well who I consequently caught up with in other stops in Turkey. Can't really fault anything.

The hostels you stay in can really make a trip. And this is a great hostel! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Even when I needed to change my plans. I stayed there, went to Cappdocia and then stayed there again. Great view from the rooftop terrace and funny bar staff :) Good hostel to meet others if your travelling alone.

• 18th Sep 2015

Met so many amazing friends, such a great chill atmosphere. I will be back!

• 17th Sep 2015

Great place. Top staff and atmospere with a nice terrace bar with a view.

This hostel is amazing! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms are super clean. The common area is great for meeting people. The hostel has lots of fun activities and tours. Thanks for showing me a great time.

This is such a fantastic hostel! It's clean, the rooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern and with a real turkish feel. The beds all have curtains and a light too. There is a bar upstairs with a view of the city and water. Breakfast is served up there, so it's a really nice outlook while having your breaky! There are a lot of social activities organised by the hostel that are a great way to meet people too. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Definitely recommend!!

Great atmosphere. Dusty is a legend as well the other staff members. One of my best holidays.

• 14th Sep 2015

Bauhaus was fantastic. The bar staff on the rooftop, especially Kiwi, were great!

Fantastic hostel. Excellent location and amazing staff. Worst part is having to leave. Defintey recommend and shall be back again!

• 13th Sep 2015

WHAT AN AWSOME HOSTEL! the balcony is the perfect place to meet and chat to chilled travellers in the day and have a good drink during the evening. The staff are so friendly and helpful and i met so many guys that extended their stay in Istanbul because they loved this hostel so much. HONESTLY IT'S SICK!... BIG SHOUT OUT TO KIWI such a legend she really made me feel welcome... do not challenge her to a strawpedo competition... YOU WILL LOSE

• 12th Sep 2015

BAHAUS IS THE BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED IN! My room was too big, clean, each bed had a curtain which gives you privacy, we had a table and small sofa in the room, ac was perfect. My room mates were so nice, in fact every person in this hostel was amazing, the workers were so friendly and helpful, I'd do anything to see them 1 more time:(The terrace is perfect where you can gather with everyone! Tours were so organised and prices were reasonable. I'LL DEFINITELY STAY THERE AGAIN!

• 10th Sep 2015