Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Quite a nice hostel in Sultanahmet which meant that all the major tourist sites were 5-10 mins away. Unfortunate it means that you'd have to walk further to get decent food because the nearby locations are very touristy. The hostel staff were amicable and were willing to help if you'd approach them about it. Otherwise they'd generally leave you to your own devices. Facilities were nice, with a nice hot shower and private storage space. Open roof to terrace with a view is also a bonus.

A really nice hostel, wonderfully located within walking distance of many of the main sites. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and will give you lots of advice and assistance regarding what to see and do in Istanbul. A very homely place to stay in a delightful city. highly recommended.

Hostel was top notch- one of the best thıs trıp. Great staff- Laura at the bar was great. Cant recommend thıs hostel hıghly enough

Great hostel - the curtains in the big dorm are a great idea. Common area is good and bathrooms are always clean. But the highlight would be the staff - they are super friendly and helpful. In particular, Ali who gave great local restaurant suggestions and helped out with my logistics!

Great location, great staff, amazing rooftop bar and balcony.

great hostel. I wıll recommend ıt to people who want to be Istanbul

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

This hostel was great! Perfect location.. Nice upstairs terrace, good breakfast ... Most comfy bed I stayed in 4 months backpacking.. Very helpful and friendly staff.... Let me check in early after returning to istanbual on the night bus... I've never had hospitality like that back packing before at a backpackers... 100% recommend staying here, if you are a solo traveller

Staff were amazing. Seemed to have some poor, arbitrary rules. For example no alcohol and no outside food. Makes it difficult to save money, they also don't tell you this till you're there.

Location was great although my cab driver had a bit of trouble finding it. As everyone else says, the staff is fantastic. They helped me plan my days to ensure I was able to see all the sights I wanted to. Rooftop bar was definitely a highlight. Rooms were great and bathrooms were exceptionally clean. Would definitely recommend!

• 24th Nov 2014

We had no issues finding the hostel. the staff wre incredibly helpful and energetic. I'm sure it would have been more lively, but we went during low season. The bar staff Mustafa and Laura were a delight to hang out with in the evenings. the staff even invited us out to eat with them. Highlights: - clean and comfortable beds - plenty of hot water (very important for me) - felt safe - fun staff -social atmosphere - rooftop patio - lockers were a good size. could fit my backpack

Great hostel with really cool staff. Located close to historic centre so very easy to get around. The bar is a great place to meet people if you are a solo traveller and free food on Friday was great.

10/10, Fun hostel and Very helpful staff!! Cheers guys

Best hostel ever! Can't believe how perfect it was and so cheap for what you get! Free Shisha, free breakfast and even free dinner one night! But it was the people who worked there that made it the best! So friendly, helpful, made new friends!! Can't wait to stay there again, felt like home!

• 20th Nov 2014

Stay at Bahaus was really nice I recommend it. Quite turisty area but at least it's safe and very close to many historic sites and attractions. Staff at the hostel is extremely helpfull, gave some good tips, searched for me few nice places to eat and gave quite usefull heads-up on certain places that I shouldn't wander around at darkness. The only dawnside was that for a while there was no electricity and no water but it was for the entire part of the city and it wasn't the hostels fault.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • Poland

This hostel is in an amazing location right next to the blue mosque and 10 mins from the grand bazaar. Had an amazing stay with very helpful and friendly stuff. The bartender/kebab maker Mustafar was such a legend taking us out and making sure we were always having a wonderful time. Thanks musti Will definitely return

Great hostel! Awesome rooftop bar and musti is the best bartender around!

Pretty good all around. Easy to find, close to everything. No kitchen and the food and alcohol is pretty pricey, no alcohol in the rooms. Showers and beds were really nice though. Free breakfast was good.

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. Clean, secure, the rooftop bar and service is exceptional. Cinar, Tugay, Emre, Ali, Laura, Musty and the rest of the staff are extremely polite, professional, helpful and fun. I would strongly recommend this hostel and I know I will be staying here again in the future.

This was our first hostel experience and was incredible!!!! The staff were all so helpful and kind! They gave us suggestion on what to do during the day and were extremely accommodating as we arrived and departed before/after check - in/check-out time so there was a place to store our luggage and valuables. Overall an incredible experience here.

• 15th Nov 2014

Very helpful staff, they gave excellent advice on the tourist attractions