Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Only a one night transit stop over in Istanbul. I did stay at this hostel for a longer period two years ago. The roof top common area has been changed significantly and the space is much better used. The breakfast is one of the best I've had at any hostel, anywhere in the world. The dorm beds all have lights and curtains for privacy, which is great and not all that common. Very close to all main tourist attractions at Sultanahmet. Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks to Toni that was one of the best stays during traveling! Thank you

Good basic hostel. the staff are welcoming and helpful. In the large dorm the beds have curtains around them which helps with privacy. Nice rooftop bar where it is easy to meet other travelers. Close to major attractions and tram.

Bahaus Hostel was lıke my home ın Istanbul!!!

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great location, great atmosphere especially for solo travellers

Staff are helpful, location to main tourist attractions is unbeatable. Staff tries best to make sure you meet other guests and have a good time in Istanbul.

Cleanliness!

I stayed here for 4 nights. The location is perfect - very close to the tram and metro lines and the main sights. Factor in the genuinely friendly staff and reasonable price and you've got a really good hostel. The beer in the hostel bar was a little expensive but I don't that's unusual at hostels - plus they weren't actually forcing it down my throat. Overall very good, I'll be staying here when I return to Istanbul.

We had an amazing time at Bahaus. The place has an amazing atmosphere and everyone who works there are super nice. The walking tour is a must to see Istanbul at a different level. We definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel was amazing! The staff are friendly and helpful (Jess, Tony, Bahre you guys rocked it!) The rooftop bar has a beautiful patio and they have free breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying here. Thanks guys :D

Not a bad thing could be said with this hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed in. Very welcoming!!

• 18th Apr 2014

amazing staff!

A dream of a hostel - wonderful atmosphere, really friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommend Bahaus!

Tony and team (Tugi, Jess, Bari) were fabulous, thank you. Hostel has everything you need- comfy beds/bedding, enough plug points, more than enough bathrooms, lockers and a great social area with a bar. Highly recommend.

Excellent. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Istanbul. Home away from home.

• 16th Apr 2014

Best location for visiting those famous places, helpful staffs who always provide useful advices. They can also help you to arrange your travel in the other cities. Neco tugi tony bahre jess thanks!

Friendly, welcoming staff. Great location, though, I found it difficult to find at first. Great community feel. Breakfast on the balcony is lovely. Occasional day trips also increase the atmosphere too. Will stay here again

Great place! The location is fantastic and the staff are all super friendly. Run away from Tony though, that man wıll get you way too drunk! Just kıdding, he is great. The rooftop has a great lıttle bar and its very easy to meet people. Breakfast ıs included and is very tasty!

I stayed at bauhaus hostel for 3 nights in April. The third day I realized I had several bites all over my body. They were BEDBUG BITES . Their "walking tour" ended up being a very expensive 12 hour endeavor to the prince's islands that included no actual tour. They had a rooftop bar (so do most other hostels) but the beers were twice the price they normally are and you can't bring outside drinks to the hostel. The hostel felt grimy and only some of the security padlocks for the rooms work.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Would definitely recommend to anyone going to Istanbul.