Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I loved my stay here!!! It was close to many restaurants and bars filled with locals. The staff Laura and Dusty were so friendly!! They made me feel welcomed and even offered to catch a shuttle bus at my earliest convience. They were extremely helpful. I loved the bar upstairs as it overlooks bridge that crosses Asia. The hostel is walking distance to the blue mosque. The service and location is impeccable. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Defenitaly recommend to those looking for a great time!

• 30th Mar 2015

Great place in a great location. Well setup beds, very comfortable and the big showers are awesome. Staff are great, specially Kiwi and Ali. Ali is a walking encyclopaedia about Eastern history and knows where the real blue mosqes are... Just ask him. Kiwi, Well she's amazing. Cooks a mean kebab, can down a strawpedo in 1 seconds and a great teacher. So good that the day she taught me to play checkers I just happened to kick her ass at it 👍 awesome

Good location and nice terrace, breakfast is typical for Turkey. Bed place is great - curtain, plugs, pockets and light makes a deal and couldn't be better.

Bahaus is amazing. The location is perfect, the best atractions are in walking distance. The place is very clean. The restrooms are ver good. Shower has hot water. Really confortable beds with curtains. I've been there for 6 nights and love it. The bar is great. I met so many people there. Great atmosphere. But for me the best thing there was the staff. From the moment I got there to minute I left I felt like home. Thank you all. Kiwi, Laura, Mustafa, Ali, Alisher! You were great!

Stayed in 4 hostels in Turkey and this was the best of them. Great bed and great sheets/pillow. Very comfortable BUT best is a curtain on bed that can be drawn for one's own little bit of privacy and to keep light out. Brilliant! Clean bathrooms, free delicious breakfast, loved every person I talked to on staff. Also decent bar on terrace was good fun. 2 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and countless food options. Awesome value.

Everyday there is special event in the hostel, for example they provided free soup on a night and a day tour around the sultanahmet area at very affordable rates on another day. The atmosphere of the rooftop bar is great, decent view if the weather isn't foggy. (I think there's free shisha also!)

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • China

Coming into istanbul we had only planned on staying a couple of days but our stay at the Bahaus Hostel was so good that we had to extend our stay. Great location right next to alot of the main attractions in Istanbul with the tram only 5 minutes away. The cleanliness of the hostel was of high quality, especially seeing how cheap the rooms are. The staff also provided an amazing amount of assistance, and are always keen to help! Would definitely stay again. Thanks heaps to all the staff!!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

the staffs are great! they help and guide us if we have any doubt. they are friendly too :)

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

I miss the Bahaus already! I met so many terrific human beings here while wandering the city on one of the walking tours, going on pub crawls, or just chilling in the rooftop bar crocheting jellyfish. From the moment I first stumbled in at 6 am asking the wonderful Alisher if there was an open bunk, I felt welcome and comfortable thanks to Laura, Dusty, Kiwi, Ali and the bunch. The atmosphere is incomparable, breakfast from the ladies is delicious, it's clean and roomy, and just a bit like home!

Love this hostel! So welcoming, clean, convenient, and fun. Great breakfast, a five minute walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, close to the tram, and staff is wonderful. Rooms are clean and comfy. There are activities if you are looking for a party place, but not so disruptive is you are not. Stay here!

The best hostel I've seen. And Alisher the night guy is amazing. Thanks guys.

Really helpful staff. Room and bathroom kept really clean.

• 20th Mar 2015

They did a great job to show me around the hostel and help me on trip planning.

• 20th Mar 2015

The location is definately a highlight, but this hostel doesnt just holds on to that. The staff is great and will help you out with anything you need, and the facilities are ok. The rooftoop bar is really nice, and having breakfast with a view of the other sides of istanbul in the morning is great. They put activities everyday, and just hanging out in the bar with everyone around the shisha is great. Also, kiwi makes great Kebab for picky eaters like me. Definately reccomend and will go back.

Bartenders upstairs were the best!! Super helpful and friendly and went out of their way to take care of everyone! Bathroom

스탭들은 영어 잘하는 친절한 사람으로 매우 좋구요, 객실도 아침에 항상 깨끗이 청소됩니다. 침대위에 짐 그대노 놔둬도 항상 그자리였구요. 조식은 뷔페형으로 7시30분부터 9시30분까지 제공됩니다. 바우스는 특히 저녁에 각국에서 온 여행객들이 모여 물담배에 맥주한잔하며 나누는 이야기하는 재미가 쏠쏠합니다. 혼자서도 외롭지않았습니다. ^^

• 19th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

If you want a place close to the main attractions of the old city then this is your place. You will only be a train ride or a long (worth it) walk from the grand bazaar and the spice market. The lounge area was nice, the rooms are okay. The biggest negative for this place was that the Wifi hardly worked.

This is my 2nd time in this hostel and it is as good as ever!ilove that its terrace is crowded and its so easy to meet people there and talk. Security is the best, breakfast is great(eat as much as you want, not restricted).Special thanks to Alisher -he was super adorable and sweet and helped me with everything I needed.I arrived in the middle of the night super tired and he offered me hot tea and he knew my native language so we could talk and it felt like having a friend from home over there:)

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Russia

really good hostel. ive stayed in istanbul/bahaus for 4 nights. although looked quite far from ataturk airport, it is very easy to reach. its location is incredible. not only because it is in the most beautiful area in istanbul but also because it is very near from all the important places of the south of ist (blue mosque, ayasofia, topkapi palace) transportation is also easy. tram line in 5minute walking. staff polite and great room. i just had a problem to pay in creditcard in hostel.

Stoked to have stumbled upon this little gem of a hostel. Staff were fantastic, super friendly and accommodating. I arrived very early morning and they allowed me to check in right away and showed me to breakfast (big tick after a long flight!). Bahaus has such great vibes and i would recommend this place to anyone. I loved the rad little rooftop bar and big thanks to absolute legends Kiwi and Laura for roping me into a silly night out on the pub crawl.. plenty of good times had.