Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

We had such a great time in Bauhaus! The staff if very welcoming and the atmosphere is friendly. The rooftop is amazing for a drink or to eat good food. The rooms

• Switzerland

I absolutely loved to stay at Bahaus! The staff and the location such as the nice terracce on the roof top made my stay lovely. I wished to stay longer... You should stay there! The staff is easy going and very friendly :) Very typical Turkish breakfast with feta cheese, olives and bread!

Great location, staff and facilities! Would recommend this place to anyone

• 13th May 2014

I will definetely recommend this hostel for travelers! The hostel is very nice, excellent location, staff is really helpful. specially Neco is really friendly. Also there is a great rooftop bar for relaxing with a great view or having fun at night.

• Argentina

Great hostel! Good location, friendly staff, great social atmosphere, free good breakfast! Stayed in the biggest dorm and it was very spacious with a couch and privacy curtain with light and outlet. Great rooftop hangout area with little bar. Kebabs available to buy for lunch as as well as Turkish dinner which almost everyone buys. The hostel can arrange a tour to Cappadocia and elsewhere in Turkey! The staff really care. One guy refunded me my money when I booked a tour out of Istanbul! Thanks!

I would really recommend this hostel if you are coming to Istanbul. It is mighty craic, the staff are very friendly and make you very welcome. The rooftop bar in particular is a great way to meet other people and have a laugh. The owner is really genuine as well.

• 12th May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Bahaus. It was ideally located near all of the main sites and was a great place to meet other travelers. Every night there was a large crowd on the beautiful roof deck from all over the world. The hostel manager even organized a day trip to BBQ on Prince's island which was probably the highlight for me. Everyone through in there share and we had a feast overlooking the Mediterranean. Don't miss Bahaus if you're passing through Istanbul.

I had great stay here - fun staff and fun travelers. Breakfast was much appreciated, as were lockers, and the fact that everything was cleaned on a daily basis. I liked the planned activities as well as the option of chilling on the rooftop lounge area.

Great atmosphere, great staff and perfect place for a solo traveller to meet other travellers. The curtains around the bunks is a great idea, gives a lot more privacy. Perfect location as is an easy walk to all the necessary sights and tram station. Awesome rooftop bar overlooking the Bosphorus. One of the most welcoming hostels I've stayed in.

What an amazing first stay in Istanbul! Everything from the staff rooms facilities and location was top notch! The manager Tony Montana took us on a pub crawl which was a lot of fun and staff member Tugay showed us around to some great restaurants. Its a wonderful location a 2 minute walk from the Hagia Sofia mosque/church and many great restaurants and primary locations. The hostel arranged for us to be picked up from the airport as well as a shuttle back which saved us a lot of time.

• 10th May 2014

Bahaus was a fantastic hostel. Staff were friendly, welcoming and happy to help with any thing you needed. A Very social and fun feeling to the hostel and the rooftop bar and cafe make it easy to meet other people. Highly reccommend !! :)

Friendly, helpful and cool staff! They cook dinner on the rooftop which is delicious. Breakfast is also good. Lots of room to hangout, plenty of washrooms and showers, all clean. Overall good stay, will be back again. Highly recommend it.

• 8th May 2014

The location was perfect - it was just a few blocks down from the Blue Mosque, and few blocks up from the ferries. We stayed in the tourist areas for most of our trip, so this was a perfect fit. They did supply breakfast, and had a lot of nightly/weekend activities, so I can see why the price was 18 euro a night, but because the hostel is older, I don't think it should have been over 15 euro. There were codes for all the doors, and the staff was awesome about answering our questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bahaus and would gladly stay there again. Tony is the man, and he makes sure everyone meets new people and has a good time. If your in Istanbul you have to check this place out!

The staff is very friendly and everyone speaks English fluently. The washrooms and the dorm rooms are very clean and organized. The location is perfect since it's right behind sultanahmet square so minutes away from all the attractions. Best hostel I have stayed at!!

• 4th May 2014

Great place, amazing location

Good hostel, very well located, nice rooftop bar, clean rooms, hot water. Internet was hit-and-miss (worked sometimes but not others, stronger in some parts of the hostel than others) and music from the bar was loud the first night I was there but not the others. All in all, a good hostel.

Bahaus was fantastic! The staff were great we went on an amazing walking tour led by a member of staff that was completely free. The location was perfect and we enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop bar with the staff and other guests.

• 1st May 2014

This part of old Istanbul (Sultanahmet) is just overflowing with charm. You're away from all the bustle and there was no one soliciting me to buy carpets or trinkets (which sadly happens everywhere around the tourist venues). The highlight of the place is the rooftop terrace. The views of the Bosporus are perfect. Going up there in the morning for breakfast -- wow. Also, the BREAKFAST! Best I've ever had. The dorms and bathroom were more than adequate. The staff were also very friendly.

• 1st May 2014

Excelent place. Close to all the sights ins Istanbul. Great ambiance in the terrace, but still is quiet if you want to go to bed early. The staff was always trying to help travelers and giving good advices. Thank you Neco

• 30th Apr 2014