Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Bahaus was fantastic! The staff were great we went on an amazing walking tour led by a member of staff that was completely free. The location was perfect and we enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop bar with the staff and other guests.

• 1st May 2014

This part of old Istanbul (Sultanahmet) is just overflowing with charm. You're away from all the bustle and there was no one soliciting me to buy carpets or trinkets (which sadly happens everywhere around the tourist venues). The highlight of the place is the rooftop terrace. The views of the Bosporus are perfect. Going up there in the morning for breakfast -- wow. Also, the BREAKFAST! Best I've ever had. The dorms and bathroom were more than adequate. The staff were also very friendly.

• 1st May 2014

Excelent place. Close to all the sights ins Istanbul. Great ambiance in the terrace, but still is quiet if you want to go to bed early. The staff was always trying to help travelers and giving good advices. Thank you Neco

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Chile

The location is great - 5 mins walk to Hagia Sophia, mid-Sultanahmet, cafes and restaurants within 1 min walk. Staff friendly, helpful and speaking a good English. Rooms are small and not very modern, some equipment rusty/old. Shower not very clean. The hostel has a wonderful terrace where breakfast (included) is served and where you can have some beers in the evening.

I had a really great time in this hostel! The staff was very helpful and funny... I met some guys in my room and we spent two days together just walking around! Im sure I'll be back soon for this hostel. Thanks guys

This was a great hostel! Comfy beds each with their own curtains and outlets, great location right near the Blue Mosque, plus a delicious breakfast each morning.

It was a great experience to stay at Bahaus hostel! The staff is great always very helpful, nice atmosphere, great location!

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Bolivia

I enjoyed my stay at the Bauhaus Hostel very much. The location is simply perfect to discover the old part of Istanbul. Also the staff was so kind+helpful. The beds were very comfy and liked the idea with the curtains. That helps getting a little more privacy in dorms. Unfortunately our shower was broken. In our dorm (second floor) was hard to fall asleep due to the music in the rooftop. All in all was a good stay. I reccommend this hostel for people who are on a tight budget and enjoy party. :)

Only a one night transit stop over in Istanbul. I did stay at this hostel for a longer period two years ago. The roof top common area has been changed significantly and the space is much better used. The breakfast is one of the best I've had at any hostel, anywhere in the world. The dorm beds all have lights and curtains for privacy, which is great and not all that common. Very close to all main tourist attractions at Sultanahmet. Would definitely stay here again.

Thanks to Toni that was one of the best stays during traveling! Thank you

Good basic hostel. the staff are welcoming and helpful. In the large dorm the beds have curtains around them which helps with privacy. Nice rooftop bar where it is easy to meet other travelers. Close to major attractions and tram.

Bahaus Hostel was lıke my home ın Istanbul!!!

• 22nd Apr 2014

Great location, great atmosphere especially for solo travellers

Staff are helpful, location to main tourist attractions is unbeatable. Staff tries best to make sure you meet other guests and have a good time in Istanbul.

Cleanliness!

I stayed here for 4 nights. The location is perfect - very close to the tram and metro lines and the main sights. Factor in the genuinely friendly staff and reasonable price and you've got a really good hostel. The beer in the hostel bar was a little expensive but I don't that's unusual at hostels - plus they weren't actually forcing it down my throat. Overall very good, I'll be staying here when I return to Istanbul.

We had an amazing time at Bahaus. The place has an amazing atmosphere and everyone who works there are super nice. The walking tour is a must to see Istanbul at a different level. We definitely stay there again.

• 19th Apr 2014

This hostel was amazing! The staff are friendly and helpful (Jess, Tony, Bahre you guys rocked it!) The rooftop bar has a beautiful patio and they have free breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying here. Thanks guys :D

Not a bad thing could be said with this hostel. One of the best I have ever stayed in. Very welcoming!!

• 18th Apr 2014