Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

This is my 2nd time in this hostel and it is as good as ever!ilove that its terrace is crowded and its so easy to meet people there and talk. Security is the best, breakfast is great(eat as much as you want, not restricted).Special thanks to Alisher -he was super adorable and sweet and helped me with everything I needed.I arrived in the middle of the night super tired and he offered me hot tea and he knew my native language so we could talk and it felt like having a friend from home over there:)

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Russia

really good hostel. ive stayed in istanbul/bahaus for 4 nights. although looked quite far from ataturk airport, it is very easy to reach. its location is incredible. not only because it is in the most beautiful area in istanbul but also because it is very near from all the important places of the south of ist (blue mosque, ayasofia, topkapi palace) transportation is also easy. tram line in 5minute walking. staff polite and great room. i just had a problem to pay in creditcard in hostel.

Stoked to have stumbled upon this little gem of a hostel. Staff were fantastic, super friendly and accommodating. I arrived very early morning and they allowed me to check in right away and showed me to breakfast (big tick after a long flight!). Bahaus has such great vibes and i would recommend this place to anyone. I loved the rad little rooftop bar and big thanks to absolute legends Kiwi and Laura for roping me into a silly night out on the pub crawl.. plenty of good times had.

my days spent here were really good. i met a lot of friends and enjoyed very beautiful scenery. the staff were helpful. And Dusty was very nice. i think i'll come back again.

Recommend!

first i'd like to give a shout out to the dazzling Alisher, he was always so cheerful and helpful. secondly i want to say a huge thank you to Laura and Dusty for their walking tour, those guys are so much fun and the tour was great, seriously guys they're the best way to get to know Istanbul. hope to be back soon!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Aruba

I really enjoyed my stay at Bahaus, everything was clean and the staff were one of a kind. Thanks again to Laura and Dusty for the walking tour, I would never have seen half of the things I love about this city without them! Cheers guys.

• 10th Mar 2015

Location was perfect. Easy to get everywhere and super close to all the good sites! Restaurants around the hostel are very touristy so go out a bit towards the bazaar for cheaper/delicious food. There weren't many people around so there wasn't a super social atmosphere. The rooftop terrace kind of annoyed me too since they didn't allow you to bring any of your own food or drink up and marked up the beers they sold considerably from what was sold out of stores. Facilities were very clean.

• 9th Mar 2015

Best Hostel I've ever been, I'd totally recommend it, all the staff were so friendly and made that my days in Istanbul were so easy. Comfortable beds, good breakfast, lovely view from the Balcony, good showers (hot water at any time) Internet was not too bad. There is a very good walking tour offered by Laura and Dusty which is very good and it has many surprises in it, defo I've to go back. Perfect location by the way. Cheers my friends of Bahaus Hostel!!!!

Had a great stay here! Was in a 14 bed dorm which was actually quite spacious and the beds were awesome. All the staff were friendly, approachable and knowledgeable. Don't recall all of there names but Mustafa, Charmian (kiwi), Ali and Laura were all lovely and very welcoming. Will definitely be coming back here on my way out of turkey. Stay here!!

The staff were really helpful gave me some great advice about day trips out of istanbul and were always happy to help out with any problems! Breakfast is fantastic aswell also great atmosphere! Would definitely recommended for solo and group travellers!!

Every thing was O.K., nice place and staff. They helped with every thing. A short walk to the historical centre. Thanks to Ali, Emre, Mustafa, Laura & every staff.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Iran

Great place in a great location! Only a 2 min walk to Hagia Sophia and Blue Mosque, it`s set on a side street in a cool cobble stone neighborhood next to several restaurants. Extremely helpful and friendly staff, the rooms are cleaned every day, all beds have curtains for privacy, the cleanest bathrooms i`ve ever seen in a hostel with large shower heads and instant hot water, and an awesome rooftop setting with a chillout lounge area and great views. Would definitely stay here again!

Staff so helpfull and friendly have come back for my second stay feels just like home. Great hostel!!

The moment I stepped into this hostel I was warmly greeted by Ali, who along with Laura, Ali and Mustafa operate as a fully functioning family of the best kind. Whether it be directions to local sites, insightful tips on places where you'll find the best Istanbul has to offer or simply making you feel comfortable- these guys will help out in anyway they can. I had a fantastic time in this city not least because of the time and effort they put in. Thanks! :)

• 4th Mar 2015

Really glad I chose to stay here. I met some great people and the staff were really freindly and helpful. I stayed in the large dorm, and there wasn't enough space between my bunk bed and the one next to it, but the rest of the dorm was really spacious, with big lockers and clean bathrooms. The terrace was really pretty and social, with reasonbly priced drinks and free Shisha - I ended up spending a lot of time there! It's a shame there is no kitchen, but breakfast is included which is nice.

Loved my stay here! The location is great, the rooms are comfortable, and the staff is the best! These guys definitely get a big recommendation from me.

Very nice and clean hostel in the Sultanahmet area. It's very close to all the major attractions in Istanbul. The direction to the hostel from the tram stop is well explained and I did not have any problem finding it. Me and my friend stayed in one of the twin bed rooms, which was pretty good. The breakfast was sort of okay. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hostel, thanks to its awesome location and peaceful environment. Excellent job guys, keep it up!

The staff is extremely friendly and great at accommodating us. I had a wonderful time living at this place. The roof top bar is a fun time with a great view!!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • amitabh15

Great hostel and the staff is one of a kind. Thanks Laura, Mustafa and Ali for your hospitality!