Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I had an amazing time in Istanbul because of this hostel. Bahre, Tony, Tugay, Jess; I love all of you!! Make Bahre take you to the Princess Islands; you'll have a blast. This hostel is close to everything and all the hostel workers are super involved. Everything is clean and breakfast is awesome. Stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Overall a great hostel, and I would definitely go back!

Loved this place. Staff are AMAZING!

We booked a double private room for our visit. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had the use of two very large shower rooms which were very powerful and had more than enough space. The staff at Bahous were very friendly. I am travelling with my wife and they made us both feel so welcome. We went on the organised bar crawl on the Saturday which is worth the visit alone. The rooftop bar has stunning views of the city and is a great place to relax after a long day.

I was in Istanbul last week and happened upon Bahaus Hostel. Little did I know that I was stepping into more than just an accommodation, but also new friendships. Tony happened to be doing a walking tour the day after I got there, and through that I became friends with all of the other guests in the hostel. There were maybe 20 people staying there then, but somehow the staff got everyone out of their rooms and exploring Istanbul! Thanks, Bahre for getting me on the pub crawl. You were right. :)

I just want to say a big thanks to our friends at Bahaus! We loved the staff and also the other travelers we met! A group of 12 of us even went to the princess islands one day to bbq! The location was great - just a few minutes from the main sights but yet not located in a loud area. As a group of 4 girls, we thought the hostel was very clean, very safe, and very affordable. Every bed has a light, curtain, and outlet. Breakfast is free. I can´t wait to go back! Thanks again boys! We miss you!

Bahaus hostel really takes care of its people. Barry took us on an impromptu adventure/grill out on prince island and Tony booked and organized a whole trip for me through the south of Turkey on the drop of a hat. They've made life in Istanbul incredibly easy and comfortable. Great views of Asia, comfortable rooms, a lovely bar upstairs, the best breakfast I've had at a hostel, and a genuinely friendly helpful staff. I highly recommend it!

Excellent place to stay! Staff was very nice at all moment. There is a nice bar at the roof with people all time ready for a beer, and there is at the same time place to stay confortable and quietly. Everyone available to make you feel at home. 😄

Best hostel I've stayed at in all my 4 years of travel. Very close(2minute) walking distance to blue mosque. Very clean, we were given a free walking tour, then did a pub crawl the next night. There's a cool bar upstairs, they have the numbers all the local stuff. And please do a Turkish bath while turkey. This hostel gets 100%

We had the best time at Bahaus. Tony, Tugi, Jess and Bari were awesome!! Great tours and activities, We wish we could stay there longer.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel, great location. The staff totally made this place. From the moment I got there I was made to feel right at home, right up until the moment that I left. I made friends there who continued to travel through Turkey with me, all the way to Greece. Tony's walking tours are the best, plus the rooftop is great for meeting people in the evenings! If you see a picture of people dressed as Sultans...yep that's us ;) Highly recommend this hostel. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good breakky!

A very warm and extremely fun hostel whose staff are all very outgoıng and exceptıonally helpful. A must stay ıf you vısıt Istambul! The locatıon ıs very close to all the maın attractıons whıch ıs always key. Honestly, I have not a bad thıng to say about the hostel as ıts staff, locatıon, cleanlıness, and overall travel vıbe ıs A OKAY ın my books!!!!

• 8th Apr 2014

The male staff is being nicer to the female guest and kind of ignoring me, not telling me the activity they were holding. The only good common space is their bar, where the alcohol is pretty expensive and the staff try to get people to play beer game.

I was in the 6 bed female dorm ensuite, it has loads of space. Room & bathroom cleaned daily. Staff were friendly & helpful. Hostel is 5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque/ Hagia Sophia, 10 to tram stop. The breakfast was good. The common room was nice to hangout in, the bar girl was friendly & even when there weren't very many people there she managed to make a good atmosphere (sorry I forgot your name). Free computers were very useful. I definitely would stay here again when I come back to Istanbul.

The hostel is in a perfect and central location. It also has especially tasty breakfasts with very fresh bread and lots of terrific items. However, we were displeased with the cleanliness of the hostel. The rooms were dusty and not well-maintained. The entire hostel looks like it can use a deep clean. The lounge, in particular, looks as if it hasn't been updated or cleans in decades. The bathrooms are also in need of remodel. Overall, a great location, but poor cleanliness and interior.

First night a few of the people in my room complained of bed bug bites. I was then moved the next AM to a different room, but was then charged more for the room w/ less beds. The wifi was garbage, and if you're looking to go out, it's quite far from any kind of bar scene. Cab ride away. It is however close to all of the tourist spots that you may want to check off in a day. Met some really cool people here, but still seemed to be 'dead'

Un lugar increible!!....la predisposicion del personal para ayudarte, es excepcional (Tuqui y Bari). Definitivamente recomendable 100%. Incredible place to stay!!... staff actitud to help is amazing (Tuqui and Bari). Definitly recommendable 100%. Juan Martin (Argentina)

The staff and bartender were extremely friendly. The bar on the top floor had an amazing view and was a great place to meet other guests.

I did enjoy my stay in one of the most surprising cities, I've ever encountered. The hostel was clean and has been renovate, recently. Especially the people, who work at the hostel, do everything they can to make your stay unforgettable.

All the staffs are so kind and friendly, also helpful. Very close to blue mosc area The curtain thing for every bed was gooood