Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

The staff here are were excellent. Laura particularly spent ages of time trying to give me a solution to my computer problems at the hostel, even offering up her own. Each member of staff went above and beyond every time I needed help or advice about istanbul or traveling in Turkey.

• 26th Apr 2015

Top class hostel. Just got back from a 2 week trip and kicked it off with 3 nights at the Bahaus. Beautiful clean hostel, clean and in a fantastic location in the old city part of Istanbul. The old city is not as busy in the eveningsas the new part so keep that in mind, but I preferred that. Its got a great bar on the roof upstairs to meet other back packers, we ended on a pub crawl on our first night, great time! Finally, SUPER FRIENDLY staff, couldn't have been more helpful, def recommend it.

The location of the hostel is unbeatable: close to major sites - in fact, I walked to most attractions! Also, the hostel is very cozy and has family feel of it. The staff are excellent. Most of them are very knowledgeable of the city and very nice and patient. They also organised nice social events. It is a great place for socialising with fellow travellers - the roof-top bar and restaurant is an excellent place to meet fellow travellers and get tips on travelling and making friends.

It is a great hostel. Kiwi is awesoneawesome and Laura cooks the best food. I was literally crawling at the end of the pub crawl...

Hostel was in a great location right behind the blue mosque and close to the tram line. The upstairs area is great for a drink or to take in the view from the deck. The Turkish staff behind the front desk were all very helpful and full of knowledge.

• 22nd Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! The staff are fantastic The rooms great The rooftop area is very inviting

Nice & Helpful staff . One of the most cleanest hostel that i've ever stayed!!! Great location, everything just walking distance.

Great location and great facilities. The crowd was a very relaxed, young group of people and being at Bahaus definitely made my overall trip to Istanbul more enjoyable. I ended up extending my stay and found the staff, particularly Emre, extremely accommodating. (I even tried to get my friends who were also visiting to switch from their hostel right across the street)

• 18th Apr 2015

A fabulous hostel top to bottom! The location, staff, clean bathrooms, comfy beds, and daily events/atmosphere make this hostel incredible with a remarkable rooftop and breakfast! Come to this fabulous city and stay here!

Great staff!! I had my best hostel experience, the view at the rooftop is priceless and rooms are clean & cozy. Breakfast is much better than i expected, the bar staff also cook delicious food and serving best Turkish beer: Efes!! Walking tour that they organized was great too! See you guys in a month..

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel is set up to be an awesome hostel, maybe I caught it in an off week as the Terrance was absolutely dead every night. But the staff was awesome, the front desk guy Ali was really nice and after talking to him he took us to this roof in top of the grand bazaar that had the most amazing view of Istanbul, and what I liked best is that I felt like a local which is hard thing to do being American. Overall it's an awesome hostel to stay at and if I ever go back I would definitely stay again.

• 16th Apr 2015

Staying at Bahaus was so much fun, the walking tour was great, all the surprises really made the city for me. Emre on the reception was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the bar staff Dusty, laurita and kiwi made sure I never had an even remotely dull night. Thanks again Bahaus!

• 16th Apr 2015

It's a great hostel! Staff are very friendly and interesting to talk to. Unfortunately the hostel was relatively empty when I went (lots of places around Istanbul were pretty empty, I clearly hit a low point in the tourist season), so oftentimes there was nobody but the staff to talk to :) The bar upstairs is nice. Reasonably priced beer, hookah, some food, and good company. Great view too, especially around sunset when the buildings on the Asian side of the city are bathed in that gold light

I really enjoy staing at this hostel. The personel are really friendly, and they go the extra mile to try to help you and give you some advice.

Bahaus hostel was a wonderful place to stay! The staff were super helpful in recommending places to go and helping to plan out our time. The hostel has a great location - 5 min walking distance from all the main sights. The included breakfast was great to get the day started. Rooms were big, beds comfy and privacy curtains were great to get some privacy for sleeping. All in all - awesome hostel and great time in Istanbul!

• 13th Apr 2015

I LOVED my stay at Bahaus, everything from the location to the rooms to the staff to rooftop bar was great. Emre on reception was the first to welcome me to my new home and was full of excellent recommendations and was super friendly. Followed up by the incredible bar guys Laura, kiwi and Dusty who were always up for a good time and filled all of my evenings with fun and entertainment. Thanks again bahaus for being my home away from home!

• 13th Apr 2015

The location is great for all the major sights in Istanbul's "Old Town". Probably the most comfortable beds in any hostel I've stayed in so far. The terrace has a great view of the golden horn and the bar staff up there (Kiwi, Laura, Dusty) were a lot of fun. They made this solo traveler feel at home and can also play backgammon at a dizzying pace. It's not to be missed. Also, don't miss the pub crawl they do. It's a lot of fun!

This is about as close as it gets to a perfect hostel. Comfy beds with their own lamps and plug sockets as well as curtain for a little privacy. Amazing location, rooftop bar with stunning views and good vibes. Fantastic staff who are helpful and amazingly knowledgeable about the city (Emre in particular really knows his stuff). I couldn't recommend this hostel more highly. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys.

The hostel was super fun. The staff members were all very friendly and helpful. Emre gave me lots of tips about what to see and how to make the most out of my short time in Istanbul. The guided tour was so worth it! we got to go to places that we would not have had access to without a guide that knows their way around Istanbul. And when I lost my high end camera they saved it from getting stolen. (Seriously you guys saved my life with that one.) thanks again for making my trip to Istanbul great!

• 6th Apr 2015

Good hostel South of the Blue Mosque. Would reommend!