Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

had a great time! Cool terrace to meet lots of fun people and staff was friendly too. Don't plan to be productive after one of their amazing pub crawls. Also. Really clean washrooms and comfy beds. Highly recommended. Thanks for everything Bahaus!!

The hostel is in a very good neighbourhood, close to the main attractions but at the same time far from the main roads which is good to sleep. Some of the staff was very friendly, but the ladies from the coffee/bar, in special, are not friendly. Friendly staff on a hostel is essential for me. I also had 2 pairs of shoes stolen from inside my room, which was very disappointing. Even using the lockers, people still manage to steal things. :-(

had a fantastic time there and met alot of fun people. had a blast in the upstairs bar. kiwi and laura are a ton of fun and do a great job up there. i'll absolutely be back on my next trip to istanbul. the location is right near everything and has easy access to all the sites.

I loved my stay here!!! It was close to many restaurants and bars filled with locals. The staff Laura and Dusty were so friendly!! They made me feel welcomed and even offered to catch a shuttle bus at my earliest convience. They were extremely helpful. I loved the bar upstairs as it overlooks bridge that crosses Asia. The hostel is walking distance to the blue mosque. The service and location is impeccable. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Defenitaly recommend to those looking for a great time!

• 30th Mar 2015

Great place in a great location. Well setup beds, very comfortable and the big showers are awesome. Staff are great, specially Kiwi and Ali. Ali is a walking encyclopaedia about Eastern history and knows where the real blue mosqes are... Just ask him. Kiwi, Well she's amazing. Cooks a mean kebab, can down a strawpedo in 1 seconds and a great teacher. So good that the day she taught me to play checkers I just happened to kick her ass at it 👍 awesome

Good location and nice terrace, breakfast is typical for Turkey. Bed place is great - curtain, plugs, pockets and light makes a deal and couldn't be better.

Bahaus is the spot to stay in Istanbul. Good environment and run by good people. Bar and pub crawls made the environment fun, but not crazy. Good upper level added to a friendly atmosphere overall. My bed also had curtains surrounding it and a private bathroom. Excellent stay in Istanbul!

GREAT location and friendly staff, rooms were clean and breakfast/breakfast area was absolutely wonderful. Only stayed for two nights but definitely wish I had more time!

Bahaus is amazing. The location is perfect, the best atractions are in walking distance. The place is very clean. The restrooms are ver good. Shower has hot water. Really confortable beds with curtains. I've been there for 6 nights and love it. The bar is great. I met so many people there. Great atmosphere. But for me the best thing there was the staff. From the moment I got there to minute I left I felt like home. Thank you all. Kiwi, Laura, Mustafa, Ali, Alisher! You were great!

Stayed in 4 hostels in Turkey and this was the best of them. Great bed and great sheets/pillow. Very comfortable BUT best is a curtain on bed that can be drawn for one's own little bit of privacy and to keep light out. Brilliant! Clean bathrooms, free delicious breakfast, loved every person I talked to on staff. Also decent bar on terrace was good fun. 2 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and countless food options. Awesome value.

Everyday there is special event in the hostel, for example they provided free soup on a night and a day tour around the sultanahmet area at very affordable rates on another day. The atmosphere of the rooftop bar is great, decent view if the weather isn't foggy. (I think there's free shisha also!)

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • China

Coming into istanbul we had only planned on staying a couple of days but our stay at the Bahaus Hostel was so good that we had to extend our stay. Great location right next to alot of the main attractions in Istanbul with the tram only 5 minutes away. The cleanliness of the hostel was of high quality, especially seeing how cheap the rooms are. The staff also provided an amazing amount of assistance, and are always keen to help! Would definitely stay again. Thanks heaps to all the staff!!

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

the staffs are great! they help and guide us if we have any doubt. they are friendly too :)

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

I miss the Bahaus already! I met so many terrific human beings here while wandering the city on one of the walking tours, going on pub crawls, or just chilling in the rooftop bar crocheting jellyfish. From the moment I first stumbled in at 6 am asking the wonderful Alisher if there was an open bunk, I felt welcome and comfortable thanks to Laura, Dusty, Kiwi, Ali and the bunch. The atmosphere is incomparable, breakfast from the ladies is delicious, it's clean and roomy, and just a bit like home!

Love this hostel! So welcoming, clean, convenient, and fun. Great breakfast, a five minute walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, close to the tram, and staff is wonderful. Rooms are clean and comfy. There are activities if you are looking for a party place, but not so disruptive is you are not. Stay here!

The best hostel I've seen. And Alisher the night guy is amazing. Thanks guys.

Really helpful staff. Room and bathroom kept really clean.

• 20th Mar 2015

They did a great job to show me around the hostel and help me on trip planning.

• 20th Mar 2015

The location is definately a highlight, but this hostel doesnt just holds on to that. The staff is great and will help you out with anything you need, and the facilities are ok. The rooftoop bar is really nice, and having breakfast with a view of the other sides of istanbul in the morning is great. They put activities everyday, and just hanging out in the bar with everyone around the shisha is great. Also, kiwi makes great Kebab for picky eaters like me. Definately reccomend and will go back.

Bartenders upstairs were the best!! Super helpful and friendly and went out of their way to take care of everyone! Bathroom