Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

Great place to meet new people, especially when you are travelling alone. It has the best atmosphere for the hostel. I enjoyed a lot to stay on the rooftop till very late. Staffs were very nice and friendly and the food including free breakfast and pay dinner were really good as well. I will definitely stay here again when I go to Istanbul!

Hostel staff was generally nice and helpful. We always felt safe, breakfast was good, the place was decently clean. Rooftop patio is a nice place to hang out but you can't bring your own drinks and theirs are pricey.

• 20th May 2014

My friend and I stayed here at the start and end of our trip around Turkey and would highly recommend it to anyone. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The six bed dorm was clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast on the rooftop was a great start to every day and provided an excellent location to meet people to explore Istanbul with... and as an added bonus the shower in the bathroom is incredible!

• 20th May 2014
  • sfen

The wi-fi was virtually useless. Otherwise, the location was great, the keyless entry to the rooms was a nice feature, and the staff was friendly.

• 18th May 2014

Amazing place to stay in this astonishing city.

Bahaus was the perfect choice for Istanbul. Clean, secure, large rooms; bunk curtains were great privacy; power point by every bed was appreciated. The staff are second to none - Laura and Çinar upstairs make a great team and are paramount to a good time, both on the terrace and out on a pub crawl. And Tony, is a force to be reckoned with. I safely left some luggage with these guys for a week and a half while I toured the country. Returning to Bauhaus was like coming home. Highly recommend!

I've stayed in my fair share of hostels and this one might be my favorite...the place itself is great, plenty of room to move around and clean. They offer plenty to do (pub crawl: highly recommended) and the staff are some of the nicest and most down to Earth people you'll meet. Go hang out at the rooftop bar and meet some people!

• 16th May 2014

I stayed in the 6 bed all girls room and it was really just lovely. Tons of natural light and sturdy bunk beds so you didn´t feel it everytime the other person moved. The breakfast was awesome, tho ended promptly at 9:30, and is located on the top floor which overlooks the asia side of istanbul! this turns into the Bar at night and is a great place to meet others in the hostel. Tawny, the owner is full of great info and a really gregarious guy. Pub Crawl was a blast. Would go back in minut

The staff are what make this place so great. They hang out with the guests and set a great laid back and fun atmosphere. They also organize great group events or day trips that take you out of all the touristy stuff. By far my favorite part of this place is the roof deck--lots of great people just hanging out, enjoying hookah and Efes. They make it easy for a solo traveler to meet good people to enjoy Istanbul with. Go here for the atmosphere!

This hostel is a 100% recommendation. The best hostel staff i have ever experienced. Ali, Cinar, Laura, Tugi, Tony... I will miss you guys. Cheers!

Comfy matresses. The place was pretty good overall. My biggest complaint was that the beer was super overpriced and they don't let you being outside drinks.

My stay in Istanbul was amazing thanks to my man Tony Montana! He took a group of us to Princess Island and BBQ'd it up! I ended up extending my stay due to the awesome atmosphere and great people at the hostel!

• 14th May 2014

We had such a great time in Bauhaus! The staff if very welcoming and the atmosphere is friendly. The rooftop is amazing for a drink or to eat good food. The rooms

• Switzerland

I absolutely loved to stay at Bahaus! The staff and the location such as the nice terracce on the roof top made my stay lovely. I wished to stay longer... You should stay there! The staff is easy going and very friendly :) Very typical Turkish breakfast with feta cheese, olives and bread!

Great location, staff and facilities! Would recommend this place to anyone

• 13th May 2014

I will definetely recommend this hostel for travelers! The hostel is very nice, excellent location, staff is really helpful. specially Neco is really friendly. Also there is a great rooftop bar for relaxing with a great view or having fun at night.

• Argentina

Great hostel! Good location, friendly staff, great social atmosphere, free good breakfast! Stayed in the biggest dorm and it was very spacious with a couch and privacy curtain with light and outlet. Great rooftop hangout area with little bar. Kebabs available to buy for lunch as as well as Turkish dinner which almost everyone buys. The hostel can arrange a tour to Cappadocia and elsewhere in Turkey! The staff really care. One guy refunded me my money when I booked a tour out of Istanbul! Thanks!

I would really recommend this hostel if you are coming to Istanbul. It is mighty craic, the staff are very friendly and make you very welcome. The rooftop bar in particular is a great way to meet other people and have a laugh. The owner is really genuine as well.

• 12th May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Bahaus. It was ideally located near all of the main sites and was a great place to meet other travelers. Every night there was a large crowd on the beautiful roof deck from all over the world. The hostel manager even organized a day trip to BBQ on Prince's island which was probably the highlight for me. Everyone through in there share and we had a feast overlooking the Mediterranean. Don't miss Bahaus if you're passing through Istanbul.

I had great stay here - fun staff and fun travelers. Breakfast was much appreciated, as were lockers, and the fact that everything was cleaned on a daily basis. I liked the planned activities as well as the option of chilling on the rooftop lounge area.