Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

All the staffs are so kind and friendly, also helpful. Very close to blue mosc area The curtain thing for every bed was gooood

Hostel was in a great location right by the blue mosque. Has a nice bar / patio / common room overlooking the water. Hostel staff was extremely friendly and like they say your a guest for the first hour then your one of their friends. Rooms are large beds are comfy, with curtains for privacy. There's also power outlets in the beds. Breakfast was good and healthy with juices, apples, oranges, cheeses, bread, some meats, eggs and a bunch of vegetables. Showers hot. Without a doubt would stay again

i would definitely recommend this hostel, the location is really perfect, the atmosphere is really nice, and the most amazing thing is the Staff, they r so genres and they really make u feel home, if i go back to Istanbul, that´s my place, thanks for everything guys, and keep up the amazing job, looking forward to see you soon ;)

Great location next to the blue mosque. Nice rooms - each bed had curtains and its own light, powerpoint and shelf. Breakfast was good although could've finished a bit later. Very helpful staff. Rooftop bar was cool - bartender jess was always up for a chat, beer or game of cards. Great place!

This centrally located hostel is ideal for backpackers, which require neither luxury nor tourist treatment. Simple but clean rooms, a rooftop terrace with incredible views of the Bosphorus and a relaxed family atmosphere make the appeal of Bahaus hostels. Helpful and hospitable owners, travelers from around the world that you can get to know by a beer, movie night, or a belly dance show in the hotel bar in the attic. Breakfast is included in the price. ♥

• 22nd Mar 2014

Awesome place. Great location and very friendly staff. The showers are excellent as well. Keep up the good work

Great vibe, very comfortable stay. Staff are definitely cool and most convenient neighborhood. The top floor bar is a good touch and sunset from balcony is very beautiful.

• 15th Mar 2014

Great hostel! Really cool set up. Rooms were clean, beds comfy, and showers were hot. The rooftop bar was awesome. All the staff were great. I would stay here again.

The atmosphere and faculty at this hostel were top-notch. My friend and I even received a free, room upgrade. From the good location, to the helpful and friendly staff, to the rooftop bar/lounge, Bahaus is definitely the place to stay when you visit Istanbul.

• 13th Mar 2014

Best hostel I've been to in Europe - perfect location right in the centre of all the main sights, staff were very friendly - organised my trips to Gallipoli and Cappadocia for me and the room I stayed in was easily the best I've experienced. Also, events staged every night on the terrace and free breakfast!! Would highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Istanbul.

• 12th Mar 2014

Very nice place to stay. Can only recommend it ;-)

I was told by my friends who had come to Istanbul in the past to stay at Bauhaus. I'm really glad that I heeded their recommendation. The staff is extremely welcoming and friendly providing a great atmosphere to the hostel. There is a bar on the top floor where you are able to meet the other travelers which is another really great asset to this hostel. If you are considering travelling to Istanbul I would definitely recommend Bauhaus.

Now having staying here a second time, Bahaus hostel really is the best hostel in Istanbul for a fantastic location, lively atmosphere and friendly local staff, with Toni, Bahre and Tugi all going above and beyond to help and advise. The roof top terrace has stunning views, is a great place for meeting people and where most nights activities are organised. The pub crawl with Bahre not to be missed, you'll go to some of the best places to experience the vibrant night life of istanbul offers

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel! If you look for a place with great atmosphere to meet other travellers look no further. In addition, the staff was outstanding: since there were not enough people for the regular pup crawl due to low season (which I'm certain would have been awesome btw ) they took me and another guy on a private trip to a couple pretty neat clubs - awesome night, great effort to make guests happy, great hostel experience! Recommended!

stayed at Bahaus 3 nights in february with my 2 teenagers ,had a great time,perfect location,very spacious dorms,nice and warm,great new beds and super clean.Was very impressed. The breakfast was good and plenty and the view from the terrasse beautiful Eric,Emil,Charlotte

Our first time staying at a hostel and it was the best experience we've had while traveling! We were a group of 3 females staying in the 6 female dorm. February is off peak season, the first half of the trip it was just us three occupying the room. The room was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. Location was perfect, the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, and Topkapi palace are no more than 3 mins away walking. The staff were very helpful and fun. Bahre's jokes were memorable. Overall great experience!

• 12th Feb 2014

Bahaus hostel is really the perfect place to stay in Istanbul. It is clean, safe and the stuff is extremely warm and helpful. The location is perfect, just a minute walk away from the Blue Mosque. You have a store right across the road. I couldn't wish for anything more. When I come back to Istanbul I will definitely come back to this hostel!

Very good location. I lived in a 6 Female room (actually 4 beds when I arrived) and the ensuit was good as well. I had a comfortable bath and rest. Breakfast was basic and not bad. I didn't have a sense of SECURITY as the door was controlled by a coded lock instead of any keys, which means anyone who knows the very simple codes can enter the room at any time. And you couldn't lock it from the inside. There is a bar right upstairs to our room, noisy in the weekend nights. TV & music was too loud

Its fantastic. The staff are helpful nice and friendly. Rooms are super clean with a feeling of a share house rather than a hostel. Def coming back when i next visit

This is my first time reviewing a hostel, but after staying in hostels all over Europe and staying at this one, I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the employees. The beds were equipped with its own outlet, mirror, and curtain making it a comfortable place. The upstairs terrace was always a good place to meet people and hangout with the awesome employees, and the pub crawl on Friday and/or Saturday nights are always fun! Thanks again Bahaus for an great experience in Istanbul!