Bahaus Hostel Reviews

Akbiyik Cadessi, Bayramfirin Sokak No 7, Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey

I've stayed in my fair share of hostels and this one might be my favorite...the place itself is great, plenty of room to move around and clean. They offer plenty to do (pub crawl: highly recommended) and the staff are some of the nicest and most down to Earth people you'll meet. Go hang out at the rooftop bar and meet some people!

• 16th May 2014

I stayed in the 6 bed all girls room and it was really just lovely. Tons of natural light and sturdy bunk beds so you didn´t feel it everytime the other person moved. The breakfast was awesome, tho ended promptly at 9:30, and is located on the top floor which overlooks the asia side of istanbul! this turns into the Bar at night and is a great place to meet others in the hostel. Tawny, the owner is full of great info and a really gregarious guy. Pub Crawl was a blast. Would go back in minut

The staff are what make this place so great. They hang out with the guests and set a great laid back and fun atmosphere. They also organize great group events or day trips that take you out of all the touristy stuff. By far my favorite part of this place is the roof deck--lots of great people just hanging out, enjoying hookah and Efes. They make it easy for a solo traveler to meet good people to enjoy Istanbul with. Go here for the atmosphere!

This hostel is a 100% recommendation. The best hostel staff i have ever experienced. Ali, Cinar, Laura, Tugi, Tony... I will miss you guys. Cheers!

Comfy matresses. The place was pretty good overall. My biggest complaint was that the beer was super overpriced and they don't let you being outside drinks.

My stay in Istanbul was amazing thanks to my man Tony Montana! He took a group of us to Princess Island and BBQ'd it up! I ended up extending my stay due to the awesome atmosphere and great people at the hostel!

• 14th May 2014

We had such a great time in Bauhaus! The staff if very welcoming and the atmosphere is friendly. The rooftop is amazing for a drink or to eat good food. The rooms

• Switzerland

I absolutely loved to stay at Bahaus! The staff and the location such as the nice terracce on the roof top made my stay lovely. I wished to stay longer... You should stay there! The staff is easy going and very friendly :) Very typical Turkish breakfast with feta cheese, olives and bread!

Great location, staff and facilities! Would recommend this place to anyone

• 13th May 2014

I will definetely recommend this hostel for travelers! The hostel is very nice, excellent location, staff is really helpful. specially Neco is really friendly. Also there is a great rooftop bar for relaxing with a great view or having fun at night.

• Argentina

Great hostel! Good location, friendly staff, great social atmosphere, free good breakfast! Stayed in the biggest dorm and it was very spacious with a couch and privacy curtain with light and outlet. Great rooftop hangout area with little bar. Kebabs available to buy for lunch as as well as Turkish dinner which almost everyone buys. The hostel can arrange a tour to Cappadocia and elsewhere in Turkey! The staff really care. One guy refunded me my money when I booked a tour out of Istanbul! Thanks!

I would really recommend this hostel if you are coming to Istanbul. It is mighty craic, the staff are very friendly and make you very welcome. The rooftop bar in particular is a great way to meet other people and have a laugh. The owner is really genuine as well.

• 12th May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Bahaus. It was ideally located near all of the main sites and was a great place to meet other travelers. Every night there was a large crowd on the beautiful roof deck from all over the world. The hostel manager even organized a day trip to BBQ on Prince's island which was probably the highlight for me. Everyone through in there share and we had a feast overlooking the Mediterranean. Don't miss Bahaus if you're passing through Istanbul.

I had great stay here - fun staff and fun travelers. Breakfast was much appreciated, as were lockers, and the fact that everything was cleaned on a daily basis. I liked the planned activities as well as the option of chilling on the rooftop lounge area.

Great atmosphere, great staff and perfect place for a solo traveller to meet other travellers. The curtains around the bunks is a great idea, gives a lot more privacy. Perfect location as is an easy walk to all the necessary sights and tram station. Awesome rooftop bar overlooking the Bosphorus. One of the most welcoming hostels I've stayed in.

What an amazing first stay in Istanbul! Everything from the staff rooms facilities and location was top notch! The manager Tony Montana took us on a pub crawl which was a lot of fun and staff member Tugay showed us around to some great restaurants. Its a wonderful location a 2 minute walk from the Hagia Sofia mosque/church and many great restaurants and primary locations. The hostel arranged for us to be picked up from the airport as well as a shuttle back which saved us a lot of time.

• 10th May 2014

Bahaus was a fantastic hostel. Staff were friendly, welcoming and happy to help with any thing you needed. A Very social and fun feeling to the hostel and the rooftop bar and cafe make it easy to meet other people. Highly reccommend !! :)

Friendly, helpful and cool staff! They cook dinner on the rooftop which is delicious. Breakfast is also good. Lots of room to hangout, plenty of washrooms and showers, all clean. Overall good stay, will be back again. Highly recommend it.

• 8th May 2014

The location was perfect - it was just a few blocks down from the Blue Mosque, and few blocks up from the ferries. We stayed in the tourist areas for most of our trip, so this was a perfect fit. They did supply breakfast, and had a lot of nightly/weekend activities, so I can see why the price was 18 euro a night, but because the hostel is older, I don't think it should have been over 15 euro. There were codes for all the doors, and the staff was awesome about answering our questions.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Bahaus and would gladly stay there again. Tony is the man, and he makes sure everyone meets new people and has a good time. If your in Istanbul you have to check this place out!