Balcony Hostel Patong Reviews

34/23 Prachanukroh rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

Great hosts! Very friendly and provide services for just about anything you need! 15-20 minute walk from the beach and Bangla road and there's a great night market nearby for food. Not the most sociable hostel but I was still very happy staying here and would stay here again if I return to patong.

Really loved my time here! Met some amazing people who I will be friends with for a long time. The staff are all super friendly. The owner, Neong, is a legend and went out of his way to help me with all my questions about Patong. The internet is really fast and is free! It's in a nice quiet location, close to the beach and within walking distance to the infamous bar street. Will definitely stay here when I return.

• 4th Apr 2015

Thank you for the great stay! We had an awesome time and look forward to seeing you when we come back! :)

• 19th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Great value for money, lovely and clean made my bed everyday for me! Had lockers which was great. About a 10-15 min walk from the beach and 25min walk from bangala road so a little out of the centre. Atmosphere was a little dead, was a great common room with pool table but I think everyone just stayed in their rooms and didn't mingle. But overall stay here I would again.

No facilities provided

HAHAHA!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU EVERYONE SAID WE GREAT JUST YOU...........? :p

Lovely staff, can easily organise ferry boats to other islands for a good price. About 10 minutes walk from the beach and 20 from bangla road. Only downside is if your room's on the top floor there's no lift so it's a trek up the stairs

Extremely clean, and just a short walk from the beach, bars and restaurants in Patong. Would stay again.

I had an amazing time at balcony. The rooms were amazing: clean, cinfortable and the AC was awesome. O really felt secure And at home during My whole stay. The breakfast And food are incredible! It really is delicious and cheap. The staff Aldo helped US with everything se needed, from taxis to tours. Finally, the location was really good as we could walk anywhere to the patong area. All in all, it was probably the best Hostel Ive e ver been to, and it was in thailand! Great surprise!go there

• 4th Mar 2015

We were the on the night of 2nd March, 2015. Group of 6 friends (mixed gender) from India. Great staff at the reception! The only time we tipped liberally in Thailand. Fellow guests were also great!!

Staff is great and they can rent a scooter without holding you passport. Location is not bad: 5 min away from the beach, 2 min away from night market (lot of food) and perhaps 15 min away from the nightlife. I met awesome travellers over there.

It was a great stay. The staff is very friendly, night & day shift. I like it far from Bangla Road, not a fans of busy & noisy street full with drunk people. Will stay here again. = )

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, good price, good location (5 minute walk from beach and all the popular bar/restauarant streets) great staff very friendly and helpful, the only criticism I can say(and this is not the hostels fault) is that it's location is so good that your near a main road that once in a while loud motorcycles go by at night, but other than that great place and would definitely stay here again! Thank you!

The rooms are amazing. Beds are big and comfy with your own light and power socket, lockers in the the room, clean ensuite bathrooms and friendly staff. Location is great as you are 7 minutes walking distance to the carnage of Patong. Great markets one minute west of the hostel.

Great place, location and staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I didn't like that I has to keep my key in the electronic sleeve by the door in order to use the a/c or lights. We should all have a sleeve by our bed for better security. Otherwise in my sleep someone can simply take my key from the sleeve door and go through my stuff in the locker. Wifi was fine and i was on the 3rd floor. Washrooms were fine as well. Atmosphere was chill but too dark and not as social.

The staff were very helpful and helped my friend find her lost passport. I would definitely recommend. It's a long taxi ride from the ferry to get to the hostel though about 1500 baht!

Good place to socialize and meet people. Close to the craziness and beach (nice walk or short tuktuk ride) but not as loud as places right in the epicenter. Staff was nice and helpful. Rooms are decently clean and the ones with 4 beds have lots of space. Nicely sized lockers are always a bonus. would stay here again.

Fantastic experience! I will stay here every time I find myself in Phuket. There aren't enough great things I could say about the staff. The rooms are nice but the stairs to get to your room after a long day on the beach are brutal. They could definitely use an elevator, but that's just the lazy American in me. My only complaint would be the in-room shower toilet combo shared between a room of 6 guys. Hot water doesn't pair well with the results of eating seafood and drinking all night, y'know?

The staff was very friendly and super helpful when it came down to planning the rest of our trip in Thailand. That was probably the highlight of our stay here. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was pretty prime. Overall a great place to stay in Patong.

Good Backpackers very friendly Thai owned Staff with good English. Helped us book our tour to phi phi island with good discounts and advice. Door rooms are good with working aircon and comfy beds, toilets could be more private with slated doors at the bottom didnt bother us though. Has a pool table and bar, food markets 200m away bungla road 10 minutes walk and 5 minutes to the main beach.

Our flight to Phuket was delayed and the staff was so sweet to wait until 1am to check-in! They were also super helpful with giving us cheap and efficient ways to get to other cities (rather than pushing excursions and expensive bus tours). It's a pretty standard hostel, noisey but it's in Patong so everything is in a party area. We stayed in a 6 person dorm but only had one bathroom (no dorm bathrooms) but luckily this wasn't an issue for us.