Balcony Hostel Patong Reviews

34/23 Prachanukroh rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

Decent hostel I guess...but Patong itself was terrible. Also I would definitely avoid the Indian restaurant next door as it was a total rip off. 600 bht for a single meal!!! Most expensive meal in all of Thailand. I was choked.

Balcony was an alround great experience - clean, functional and not too expensive rooms, super friendly and helpful staff and a decent location about 10 minutes walk from patong beach. Although the hostel was very decently priced we found the rest of Phuket to be quite expensive compared to the rest of Thailand and not that pleasant to be honest. The fact that balcony was so great was a welcome respite!

• 14th Jul 2014

Best hostel with the best staff, and for the fees charged, this is excellent service! Loved everything about the hostel, it was clean, the beds were comfortable and, the most helpful, amazing and friendly staff, the owners included.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

located at a decent distance from the chaotic bangla road & patong beach, Balcony is a great hostel with very freindly & reliable staff...and their chef is superb, prepared us awesome spicy tom yam and ohter dishes that was equally good, which made us really happy. Wifi was good. rooms were clean, but the 6 pax dorm was kinda stuffy, however was still comfortable with proper luggage management. Definitely worth the money paid.would come again for sure and definitely recommend it to others too!

Amazing staff. Great facilities and just far away enough from the action. The people there makes the place what it is!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Wales

This hostel is in a great location, really close to everywhere! The staff are pleasant and the rooms are clean with great air con. However- do NOT eat the food. I suspect the breakfast have myself and my roommate food poisoning. I did speak to the manager who whilst was sympathetic obviously would not accept responsibility. But we both ate exactly the same thing and got ill 7 hours later. We then missed our connecting flights etc ude to illness - nightmare. Staff gave 50% off taxi to airport.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great hostel and owner was so helpful and nice

Awesome! Far enough away from the craziness to get a good night sleep but close enough to walk. Super clean

I'd go back to phuket, just to visit the guys who run this hostel! The hostel itself is fantastic- great rooms ( which have amazing air con!!!!), great food and drinks and really comfortable beds. All this being said, the staff make balcony hostel the amazing place it is. A family run business that values each and everyone of it's guests. From the second you walk in these guys make you feel so at home and greet you with so much warmth. Missing balcony hostel already!

• 3rd Jun 2014

I haven't slept this well in a hostel in years. The beds alone made me stay longer then i intended to. It's a wee walk from the beach and the busiest bar streets, but in my book that's really only a plus. Was here while the curfew was being upheld, but still had an amazing time and met some great people around the pool table in reception. They also have really good breakfast :)

big beds ... clean toilet and helpful staff the place ia near a nice masaage place and night market a bit far from Bangla road which was fine with me... 10-15 min walk to the beach area

Great Hostel, with exceptionally friendly staff who run it as a family business. We checked in at 4am due to late arrival time, and this was no problem at all. Hostel is well positioned as is very close to Patong beach (5 min walk) as well as the main party strip (15 min walk). The hostel itself is situated in a nice quiet site, in what feels like a nice safe area. The dorm I stayed in with my sister and friends was in good condition, clean with a nice clean and spacious en suite bathroom.

• 20th Apr 2014

The staffs recommended some tour/activity packages to my group and we have no regrets. The packages and the cost are valued for money, and in return the experiences we attained cannot be measured by how much we spent. Would also like to comment on the hospitality we received back at the hostel, only the best service was given. Special thanks to Bella.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

I thought the staff could have been more helpful and more polite. Cleanliness wise it was good. We hired a bike from hostel and they took minimal charges for it. Overall nice place to stay.

Most people get put on 5th floor, expensive taxi from airport. Not their fault. In patong, good staff. Nothing wowed me. Just another hostel. Average.

hi guy thank you for your comment.about expensive taxi on that day u arrive it on new year of thailand (water festival day)that day it public holiday of thai people.that cost of taxi u get .i think they make over charge for that day.but just 1 day.normally taxi from phuket airport to hostel they charge 800 thaibaht for 1 car and for mini van share bus they have charge only 180 thaibaht per person.they will drop u at front of hostel. enjoy your trip.

The balcony hostel have a nice and friendly staff...thank you for the service.:-)

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

THe staff is really amazing! They help you to get cheap prices on tours, to go to the airport. The food is good. The internet is REALLY good. It works on the dorms. The hostel is also very clean.

The owner was very helpful. When we wanted to Tiger Kingdom he said he would drop us and charge only 200 baht where as the taxi/tuk tuk were quoting 400 baht. He also agreed to drop me to Khao San Road one night. He got us half price for the Phi Phi Island Day Tour as well.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • India

Excellent hostel in an excellent location. Friendly staff.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

Fantastic place and fantastic staff. Make you feel like family. Hey guys, I forgot my blue lock near locker 301 C, if you guys find it can you hold it for me, I will be by Phuket in a few days and will pick it up! Cheers, Shirtless Andrew