Balcony Hostel Patong Reviews

34/23 Prachanukroh rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

Great place! Walking distance from the beach and affordable price. Great staff, excellent dorms and all of that. Most of the affordable places in Phuket are guesthouses or such, so this offers you the hostel atmosphere, which is cool!

About a 15 min walk from the beach. I was on the 5th floor which was abit of pain not just taking luggage but also going out. Overall clean and cheap so can't really complain.

bad social atmosphere at this time. too many small charges; towel, pool table, overpriced drinks etc - greedy feeling. decent hostel.

this comment it hard to reply because every thing u talk about it less than 3 us dollar. pool per game cost 0.6 us.towel.1.6 us for full time u stay.our beer 2.3 us.per bottle. thank you.

Excellent, very clean spacious and big beds. Will come back again

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Singapore

The staff was great and very friendly. The distinct Thai hospitality is very much present. This hostel is worth it and definitely worth booking in again and again!

• 6th Aug 2014
  • jimzonkristian
  • Philippines

Hostel is great, not right in the centre but means you're not in the noisiest part. About 5 mins walk to the beach. Staff really friendly - we forgot some of our clothes on the balcony when we left and they folded and packaged them up for us!! Great choice! Recommended!

• 30th Jul 2014

Not a large amount of space to socilaise with others and further away from the main area. We moved to a hotel which only cost 2 pound more and was closer to the main bars and had more to do ! Staff were really nice and helpful and rooms were clean and spacious enough.

Amazing hostel located just a five minute walk from the beach, busy shops and Bangla rd. Such friendly and helpful staff! The rooms are spacious and very clean. Best shower I had during my whole trip! Pretty comfy beds also.

• 25th Jul 2014

Decent hostel I guess...but Patong itself was terrible. Also I would definitely avoid the Indian restaurant next door as it was a total rip off. 600 bht for a single meal!!! Most expensive meal in all of Thailand. I was choked.

this comment it amazing.why u not check a cost of u dish before order.india food it not local food.thai food it a local .good and cheap for you budget. Trick of traveler. 1.keep talk to new friend. 2.make friend to local people. 3.think on this side( +++++) happy fun big experience belong to u.

This hostel was amazing! We had a really great stay here - Tonda, one of the girls from the front desk gave us great suggestions and made booking tours an ease. The food they serve is also amazing! We made some great friends here and everything was appreciated. There are no negatives - just wish the breakfast was free but its so cheap anyways!

Balcony was an alround great experience - clean, functional and not too expensive rooms, super friendly and helpful staff and a decent location about 10 minutes walk from patong beach. Although the hostel was very decently priced we found the rest of Phuket to be quite expensive compared to the rest of Thailand and not that pleasant to be honest. The fact that balcony was so great was a welcome respite!

• 14th Jul 2014

During my trip, this hostel had the best and most welcoming staff. The owner is especially friendly and helpful. He was always joking around and conversing with everyone at the hostel. The food was also great here and the rooms were nice and clean. I loved the people I met at the hostel and I had a lot of fun because the hostel was so great. I highly recommend this hostel if you plan on staying in Phuket.

Very good hostel! Location is wrong on google maps! It's in the south closer to Simon's Cabaret. Location is a 10 minute walk from the main downtown area. But very nice rooms.

Best hostel with the best staff, and for the fees charged, this is excellent service! Loved everything about the hostel, it was clean, the beds were comfortable and, the most helpful, amazing and friendly staff, the owners included.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

located at a decent distance from the chaotic bangla road & patong beach, Balcony is a great hostel with very freindly & reliable staff...and their chef is superb, prepared us awesome spicy tom yam and ohter dishes that was equally good, which made us really happy. Wifi was good. rooms were clean, but the 6 pax dorm was kinda stuffy, however was still comfortable with proper luggage management. Definitely worth the money paid.would come again for sure and definitely recommend it to others too!

Amazing staff. Great facilities and just far away enough from the action. The people there makes the place what it is!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Wales

This hostel is in a great location, really close to everywhere! The staff are pleasant and the rooms are clean with great air con. However- do NOT eat the food. I suspect the breakfast have myself and my roommate food poisoning. I did speak to the manager who whilst was sympathetic obviously would not accept responsibility. But we both ate exactly the same thing and got ill 7 hours later. We then missed our connecting flights etc ude to illness - nightmare. Staff gave 50% off taxi to airport.

• 16th Jun 2014

Great hostel and owner was so helpful and nice

Awesome! Far enough away from the craziness to get a good night sleep but close enough to walk. Super clean

I'd go back to phuket, just to visit the guys who run this hostel! The hostel itself is fantastic- great rooms ( which have amazing air con!!!!), great food and drinks and really comfortable beds. All this being said, the staff make balcony hostel the amazing place it is. A family run business that values each and everyone of it's guests. From the second you walk in these guys make you feel so at home and greet you with so much warmth. Missing balcony hostel already!

• 3rd Jun 2014