Balcony Hostel Patong Reviews

34/23 Prachanukroh rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand

It was a great stay. The staff is very friendly, night & day shift. I like it far from Bangla Road, not a fans of busy & noisy street full with drunk people. Will stay here again. = )

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, good price, good location (5 minute walk from beach and all the popular bar/restauarant streets) great staff very friendly and helpful, the only criticism I can say(and this is not the hostels fault) is that it's location is so good that your near a main road that once in a while loud motorcycles go by at night, but other than that great place and would definitely stay here again! Thank you!

The rooms are amazing. Beds are big and comfy with your own light and power socket, lockers in the the room, clean ensuite bathrooms and friendly staff. Location is great as you are 7 minutes walking distance to the carnage of Patong. Great markets one minute west of the hostel.

Great place, location and staff. They were very friendly and helpful. I didn't like that I has to keep my key in the electronic sleeve by the door in order to use the a/c or lights. We should all have a sleeve by our bed for better security. Otherwise in my sleep someone can simply take my key from the sleeve door and go through my stuff in the locker. Wifi was fine and i was on the 3rd floor. Washrooms were fine as well. Atmosphere was chill but too dark and not as social.

Good place to socialize and meet people. Close to the craziness and beach (nice walk or short tuktuk ride) but not as loud as places right in the epicenter. Staff was nice and helpful. Rooms are decently clean and the ones with 4 beds have lots of space. Nicely sized lockers are always a bonus. would stay here again.

Fantastic experience! I will stay here every time I find myself in Phuket. There aren't enough great things I could say about the staff. The rooms are nice but the stairs to get to your room after a long day on the beach are brutal. They could definitely use an elevator, but that's just the lazy American in me. My only complaint would be the in-room shower toilet combo shared between a room of 6 guys. Hot water doesn't pair well with the results of eating seafood and drinking all night, y'know?

The staff was very friendly and super helpful when it came down to planning the rest of our trip in Thailand. That was probably the highlight of our stay here. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the location was pretty prime. Overall a great place to stay in Patong.

Good Backpackers very friendly Thai owned Staff with good English. Helped us book our tour to phi phi island with good discounts and advice. Door rooms are good with working aircon and comfy beds, toilets could be more private with slated doors at the bottom didnt bother us though. Has a pool table and bar, food markets 200m away bungla road 10 minutes walk and 5 minutes to the main beach.

Our flight to Phuket was delayed and the staff was so sweet to wait until 1am to check-in! They were also super helpful with giving us cheap and efficient ways to get to other cities (rather than pushing excursions and expensive bus tours). It's a pretty standard hostel, noisey but it's in Patong so everything is in a party area. We stayed in a 6 person dorm but only had one bathroom (no dorm bathrooms) but luckily this wasn't an issue for us.

The wifi was a bit of an issue - the signal was not good on the 5th floor. Also, the bathroom doors in a mixed room are partially GLASS.

• 4th Jan 2015

Super happy with this hostel, it's very clean and hospitable! Up to date facilities and a good atmosphere as well, in addition to a good location. I'd definitely come back.

Great staff... Pity it's so far out. Great time still!

mainly one member of staff,the rest was nice and polite,he worked the night shift,judges people just from the location your from,ridiculous really,worked the night shift

Staff are the best at this place! So helpful and always willing to join the party!

Amazing hostel we are comeback for sure! Staff very friendly,helpful and always smile.24-hour front desk.Bed were comfortable and big lockers.AC and WIFI worked perfect.Room cleaned everyday. nice bathrooms in each room.Great food and Breakfast. close to everything ATM,MARKET,SHOPPING MALL, and easy walking distance to patong beach.I felt welcome and would recommend this place to everyone!

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Thailand

Very friendly staff. Highly recommended. Do ask them about their day programs to get fantastic discounts from the printed prices

• 9th Dec 2014
  • India

Don't stay at this hostel, rude staff and just terrible attitudes! Defiantly will not stay here again

this guy it not normal tourist because this guy drunk all day all night to stay at here. 1.he has intimidate our staff for money to pay for taxi fare. 2.he try to cheating a taxi fare with a local taxi. this guy he very polite and friendly person after he drunk he has big change.yes this is your holliday u can do everything u want but after u drunk u much respect another people too.

Room was clean. Bed was firm but comfy (most beds in Thailand are gonna be harder than American beds but you're in another country to experience their way of life so stop ccomplaining) staff was awesome!!! I collect bottle caps and they gave me ones from the bar. Very nice people, next time im in patong definitely staying here again.

Located walking distance to Patong Beach. Had good facilities, friendly staff and was all we could ask for for the one night we stayed. Would definitely stay here again :)

Lacation not good, faraway from beach and pubstreet,haven't public room, so haven't atmosphere to meet new friends.

hi Nehao thank you for your comment.every one said our location not far away from the beach just 5 min walk but you think not same. we have nothing to talk about this because we still good lucky 2 of your roommate from philippin stay same day same room give me for a review next to this review.why it so big different.