Baldursbra Guesthouse Reviews

laufasvegur 41, Reykjavik, Iceland

The lovely owner booked the best transfer to the airport and even though I had to leave at 5 in the morning left a lovely help-yourself breakfast for me and came out to see I had everything and gave me my bus ticket.

• 4th Aug 2014

Very nice place, excellent location for those who want to be very close the center but not just in the middle of everything.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Finland

this guesthouse is in a very nice location in respect to downtown Reykjavik. you can walk easily to the shopping and restaurant area. the facilities were alright. our floor was not clean. the hosts were fine. breakfast was alright. this is a fine guesthouse. average. just overpriced for the facilities and what you get.

• 1st Jul 2014

Very nice people and nice place. Good breakfast too

• 22nd Jun 2014

The owners were so helpful and friendly with whatever anyone needed! As a single, senior traveler, it's tough always having to take the "room at the top of the stairs" and carry luggage, so people need to be aware. But it was a great value for the money, warm hospitality, good food, and wonderful location.

• 12th Jun 2014

Favorable. Nothing really wrong.

• 9th Jun 2014

Owner was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good. Perhaps give more precise instructions on how to use the Fly Bus service from the airport. It would have been helpful for us to know in advance to purchase a "plus" bus ticket that included the shuttle van from the bus terminal.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This is a great place to stay, especially if you speak French. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Although they may seem a bit too close at first glance to some people, they actually succeed to create a homely feeling. I really recommand this place.

Very helpful and friendly family running the guest house - happy to help and give advice about things to do and places to go. Excellent breakfast laid out, and was very glad of the thick curtains to keep out the midnight sun. Was sad to leave and will most definitely be going back.

• 14th May 2014

I was really surprised by the quality of this guesthouse, I thought I would show up at an ordinary hostel, and instead found an incredibly warm and welcoming French couple running this wonderful, homey, and excellently located guesthouse! I got a whole side house to myself, and a lovely room. Breakfast in the morning was incredible, and it was so safe many people, including me, left our backpacks in the dining room for the afternoon. It felt like staying at a family member's home! Thank you!

Lovely welcoming and friendly owner who couldn't do enough, after booking a northern lights trip and the bus not turning up she took us in her own car to .make sure we didn't miss it, lovely homely rooms, a great breakfast and brewing up facilities available at all times, I would recommend this guesthouse and will look to stay there again when we return.

• 22nd Mar 2014