Balham Lodge Reviews

204 Bedford Hill, London, London, England

Fantastic value and a very comfortable room, in a quiet and peaceful area.

this is an attractive convenient place to stay in London. we recommend it

• 8th Aug 2014

Free parking facilities were much appreciated.

• 31st Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Balham Lodge, and would recommend it. My room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and responsive. Breakfast was good, and even when I waited until toward the end of service everything continued to be available.

• 9th Jul 2014

Very good value for the money. Convenient location not too far from Central London via the train. The lodge was very clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast offering is excellent. Would stay again!

• 29th Jun 2014

Such a great find so close to Central London! Balham Tube 15 min walk (northern line). Small but quirky rooms. Nice staff. Have stayed twice as son lives in Balham but will go again.

• 29th Jun 2014

Guest House ideally situated, good value for money.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great stay, thank you very much. Excellent location and value for money.

• 28th Jun 2014

Excellent accommodation, with helpful and friendly staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

It is a nice place in a residential area about 15 minuets away from the train station. My biggest complain would be about the internet. There is wifi in the building but never works. If you really need Wifi during your trip, you can never count on internet in this hotel.

• 25th Jun 2014

It would be very difficult to beat this hote at this price. Very friendly staff make you feel welcome.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Delightful guest house, superb decor only problem is the noise from adjacent rooms but that is more a criticism of inconsiderate guest behaviour which is difficult to control. We would however stay here again because it was ideally located for our visit. Staff we're friendly and helpful.

• 27th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I just wanted somewhere to put my head down. I arrived around 23:45 hrs, friendly guy behind reception. Comfortable nights sleep.

• 23rd May 2014

Lovely and very 'English'! Not too far from the tube. Wifi signal not so good in my room but that is the only negative and that could be easily overcome by using in another part of the lodge. If the location is near where you want to be, like it was for me, then this place is perfect!

• 17th May 2014

Excellent, very good breakfast, easy to get into central London, and the staff are friendly and willing to help with any questions you have.

• 24th Apr 2014

Staff very kind and helpfull. Room very comfortable, silent and clean. Nice neighbourhood, however, have in mind that it takes at least 30 minutes to get to center of london.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

I totally loved Balham Lodge! Was delighted by the Edwardian feel and quality well chosen furnishings. Excellent attention to detail. I booked a single room and actually got a single room! Not a twin bed or double. I felt my needs as a single guest were respected and catered for. The sun shone through my windw till late. Breakfat room was bright and clean. Gluten free bread was provided on request and the food was plentyful. I wld reccommend Baham Lodge most warmly!

• 13th Apr 2014

My stay was 5 nights Sunday to Thursday. The staff welcomed me when I arrived with " I can't understand you, you don't speak the Queens English" this was due to my northern accent. I never slept on the first night as the laundry room was next to my room and the staff chose to do their drying from 11.30 through till the morning. I complained but as no other rooms were available I had to stay. Breakfast was ok but no poached eggs and soggy hash browns.

• 30th Mar 2014

I chose this hotel because it was convenient for a talk I was giving the following day, and because it had off street parking, the bonus was the warmth and friendliness of the staff, the super breakfast. I had mentioned that I was gluten free and they went out and got me some special bread. I would recommend Bedford Lodge to anyone.

• 24th Mar 2014

A really good B&B made excellent by the staff.

• 13th Mar 2014