Balham Lodge Reviews

204 Bedford Hill, London, London, England

Brilliant breakfast with full English and continental very tasty which you could have as much as you want. Lovely rooms, very clean and relaxing with full sky packages.

Very pleasant, gave an extra discount on arrival

Very good as usual

• 12th Feb 2015

Staff were very helpful.

Scrambled eggs a bit ordinary, reminds me of school. Bacon could be a little more cooked. Otherwise quite ok. Very Helpful staff

• 18th Jan 2015

the location was average but you can definitely get around London easily. I would return to the Balham Lodge any time becAuse of the staff. Super helpful and attentive, flawless

• 30th Dec 2014

The breakfast was pretty basic - no low fat yoghurts and cooked breakfast was not very hot. All in all I thought it was good value for money.

Breakfast arrangements were disappointing - not sufficient space in the room and staff did not seem to be interested in helping resolve the situation.

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Ideal location for me as daughter's flat nearby. Good choice of places to eat in Balham. Superior single room was quiet and a good size. Small ensuite but OK if you are not too big! Breakfast excellent with attentive, friendly staff.

• 21st Nov 2014

I would definitely stay at Balham Lodge again. The staff were friendly, the room clean and comfortable, the variety for breakfast very good. The location was great for tube, train and bus.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Wales

We have stayed here several times and have managed to be allocated room 9 on two occasions- a twin but it is L shaped. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfasts are excellent. I will ring to book in future rather than booking on-line.

Right from the word go, the house itself is impressive and beautifully restored especially the front entrance porch. The receptionist was efficient and professional, all paperwork sorted in a minute which was useful as I was in a terrible rush. The room was soothingly decorated and the everything was clean and worked. For £65 on a Saturday night, in a lovely area, 10 mins walk away from tube and train stations at Balham - there is no beating it for value, I'll definitely be staying again.

We met three members of staff on reception and each one was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and had everything we required. The breakfast was fine, although the lady on duty did not say anything except 'good morning' to us (ie 'did you sleep well/lovely day etc' and sat behind the counter out of view. However she was quick to help when we needed something.

• 24th Oct 2014