Balham Lodge Reviews

204 Bedford Hill, London, London, England

I totally loved Balham Lodge! Was delighted by the Edwardian feel and quality well chosen furnishings. Excellent attention to detail. I booked a single room and actually got a single room! Not a twin bed or double. I felt my needs as a single guest were respected and catered for. The sun shone through my windw till late. Breakfat room was bright and clean. Gluten free bread was provided on request and the food was plentyful. I wld reccommend Baham Lodge most warmly!

• 13th Apr 2014

My stay was 5 nights Sunday to Thursday. The staff welcomed me when I arrived with " I can't understand you, you don't speak the Queens English" this was due to my northern accent. I never slept on the first night as the laundry room was next to my room and the staff chose to do their drying from 11.30 through till the morning. I complained but as no other rooms were available I had to stay. Breakfast was ok but no poached eggs and soggy hash browns.

• 30th Mar 2014

I chose this hotel because it was convenient for a talk I was giving the following day, and because it had off street parking, the bonus was the warmth and friendliness of the staff, the super breakfast. I had mentioned that I was gluten free and they went out and got me some special bread. I would recommend Bedford Lodge to anyone.

• 24th Mar 2014

A really good B&B made excellent by the staff.

• 13th Mar 2014

We really like this place! The room was clean, cozy and warm. Location is convenient ( walking distance from underground station). Breakfast was nice and we really liked the atmosphere- very friendly people. I can really recommend Balham Logde!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Poland

We've stayed at Balham Lodge several times before. It is definitely my favorite place to stay in London. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Bus stop next to the house. Balham station only ten minutes to walk. Northern Line service to the city centre about 20 Minutes or with railway services only ten minutes to Victoria. Supermarkets and nice restaurants and pubs around Balham station (which are cheaper than those in the city). A great place to stay.

We had a really fantastic stay here. The staff were incredibly friendly and the room was beautiful - both huge and clean! Felt much more luxurious than the price would suggest. It's a short walk from the nearest tube and from there you can easily get into central London. The breakfast was also brilliant. Highly recommended - we would certainly stay here again!

• 14th Feb 2014

Lady on reception could not understand or help us when we rang trying to ask for directions from the bus stop shower tray in the first room we were given filled up and would not drain - we asked to be moved the lady on reception when i left then grilled me about the shower and said that they had checked it and it was ok - so iwas making it up then?

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Cote d'Ivoire

It was a lovely room, bit hot, so turned the radiator off and had the window open all night - even though mid January! Very comfortable beds. Staff very helpful. Breakfast provided plenty choice but could do to be kept a bit hotter - minor problem though. Lovely outdoor area, too cold for winter though be great in the summer.

• 12th Jan 2014

Fabulous little guest house....a real jem of a place.....only a mile up the road from the Hideaway in Streatham and only a few tube stops from all that central London offers :)

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Liked the quiet location and not too far from Balham station. But a Taxi may be required for Elderly people.

• 17th Dec 2013

You could not ask for better. Rooms were well equipped and spacious. Lovely and clean throughout and terrific price. Only 10 train journey from London Victoria. Perfect!!!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

I was very satisfied with this nice hotel. I stayed in a single room what was absolutely cosy and charming:) There was even a TV in it, what I didn't expect. The most positive thing for me was that the room was nice warm (and there was even an extra blanket) and the bed was comfortable with a good pillow. The floor was a bit dusty so slippers are recommended. The breakfast was not entirely to my taste but I always found something to eat ;) I definitely will choose it again if I return to London!

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Hungary

Staff were courteous and friendly and facilities were excellent.

• 20th Nov 2013

I really love the place and the atmosphere. It was a pity that we couldn't enjoy the fantastic breakfast as we had to leave quite early in the morning (maybe you could consider to star serving at 7 :) but I strongly recommend the Lodge. Good value for money, location and the staff is really friendly!

• 10th Nov 2013

Lovely room. Very poor breakfast .

• 9th Nov 2013