Balham Lodge Reviews

204 Bedford Hill, London, London, England

We have stayed here several times and have managed to be allocated room 9 on two occasions- a twin but it is L shaped. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfasts are excellent. I will ring to book in future rather than booking on-line.

Right from the word go, the house itself is impressive and beautifully restored especially the front entrance porch. The receptionist was efficient and professional, all paperwork sorted in a minute which was useful as I was in a terrible rush. The room was soothingly decorated and the everything was clean and worked. For £65 on a Saturday night, in a lovely area, 10 mins walk away from tube and train stations at Balham - there is no beating it for value, I'll definitely be staying again.

We met three members of staff on reception and each one was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and had everything we required. The breakfast was fine, although the lady on duty did not say anything except 'good morning' to us (ie 'did you sleep well/lovely day etc' and sat behind the counter out of view. However she was quick to help when we needed something.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Larger breakfast area possibly apart from that a very lovely hotel

• 11th Oct 2014

This was the third time we stayed at Balham Lodge. This time however we had a room in the aticc, which was rather too small. The staff is very friendly. The breakfast is fine with a variaty of choices. For dinner, you can order in from local restaurants or fast foods online which is very convenient. The problem is that the WIFI is not working very well, it is rather slow and disconecting all the time. The remote control of the TV was not working either. All in all, it is a good place to stay.

• 10th Oct 2014
  • Romania

VERY NICE HOTEL WOODEN FLOOR ABOVE MAKES IT SLIGHTLY NOISY VERY NICE BREAKFAST

• 4th Oct 2014

Thanks to the staff for providing friendly faultless service.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

I had few expectations having only paid £8 for the night. On arrival I was told that there must have been an error, but that they would of course honour my booking. I said that I almost felt embarrassed, but was told I should not be. As someone more accustomed with the economy end of the overnight accomodation market, I was absolutely delighted with this place. Spottlessly clean, comfortable, generously equipped, with tasteful décor. Breakfast alone was worth the full price I paid!

All was all super.Had a wonderful stay,and would return.

• 28th Aug 2014

Fantastic value and a very comfortable room, in a quiet and peaceful area.

this is an attractive convenient place to stay in London. we recommend it

• 8th Aug 2014

Free parking facilities were much appreciated.

• 31st Jul 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Balham Lodge, and would recommend it. My room was comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and responsive. Breakfast was good, and even when I waited until toward the end of service everything continued to be available.

• 9th Jul 2014

Very good value for the money. Convenient location not too far from Central London via the train. The lodge was very clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast offering is excellent. Would stay again!

• 29th Jun 2014

Such a great find so close to Central London! Balham Tube 15 min walk (northern line). Small but quirky rooms. Nice staff. Have stayed twice as son lives in Balham but will go again.

• 29th Jun 2014

Guest House ideally situated, good value for money.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great stay, thank you very much. Excellent location and value for money.

• 28th Jun 2014

Excellent accommodation, with helpful and friendly staff.

• 26th Jun 2014

It is a nice place in a residential area about 15 minuets away from the train station. My biggest complain would be about the internet. There is wifi in the building but never works. If you really need Wifi during your trip, you can never count on internet in this hotel.

• 25th Jun 2014

It would be very difficult to beat this hote at this price. Very friendly staff make you feel welcome.

• 20th Jun 2014