Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Good experience overall. Only inconvenience was the bad Wifi (not available in bedrooms).

Terrific atmosphere in this hostel. Perfect place for backpackers and for anyone who likes a chilled, friendly enviroment. The veranda/courtyard is really a sweet spot. Facilities were okay, staff is helpful. The owner seems a bit of a Lebowski guy, very eccentric, he loves to have a chat and a drink with anyone!

I would not stay here again. Staff is nice. Atmosphere is friendly. BUT facilities are not up to par. Wifi: only works in one room in the basement. Air conditioning: you have to continually ask to use it. They tell you to open the windows at night so you don't slew due to busy road outside of window. Showers: only have an on button. Water is cold and shower doesn't drain properly so you're left standing in cold water with dead flies.

My bedroom window opened up onto the footpath/street and was inches away from cars as they drove past. You could see people's feet and hear them as they walked past the window. Staff is relatively helpful, but any issue you may have will be your fault- no matter what. There's no air conditioning but it remains relatively cool despite the heat. I definitely don't think I would stay here again, though. I met others who paid the same for far better value closer to the city centre.

Dear guest, we really have no comment to this review after all care that we did for you. There is never one single question or issue that we are not giving our best to solve and to help our guests. And we are like that for last four years since we were opened and with all our people who were so very happy with our hospitality. Just the opposite -guest are always right!

Mixed review for this hostel, good facilities etc. however we booked ourselves into a 6 bed dorm per the room description, on arrival we were shown to our room which had 6 bunk beds as expected, however the lower bunks were all double beds for couples. So technically sharing with 9 people as all beds were occupied the night we stayed.In addition to this, our room was entry for another dorm of 6 to 8 beds! wouldn't recommend the tour they offer - not worth the money, use a tour company instead.

Hostel owner came in drunk when we arrived, so that is a big plus. His assistent helped us out. Owner arranged a good night out for the hostel people. They try to sell you tours but remain friendly if you are not joining them. Facilities were ok, including lockers which we did not use. However, when we left owner kept on moaning to us that he was missing locker keys. Every single time we kept on saying we did not use the lockers. Besides this minor issue, great place.

The place is Nice but I found better. My room was a bit too small for the number of beds there was inside and it was a mess. If you actually just don't care about having backpacks everywhere, the place is for you! The owner has very good tips though and proposed me a very nice perspective of Sarajevo!

Okay hostel in a most amazing city. The owner is nice and tries to be helpful, but is like a dell boy character for anybody who gets that reference. Always after money. He is also quite Pervy with the girls. Only stayed one night and then went to travellers home hostel which was amazing!

It was a great stay and warm welcome to Sarajevo by the Hostel staff, I recommend the 'siege of Sarajevo' guided tour.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

We just stayed here two nights but we wish we had way longer! The location is perfect the old town is really close as are resturaunt sand cafes. The owner offers a good day tour of Sarajevo as well as other shorter tours. There's a lovely outdoor area to relax in and the rooms are really spacious. There's a good sized kitchen and the Internet it's bad but not fantastic either. Will be coming back for sure.

Nice place, clean and well located. Funny staff.

Good location, friendly and fun staff. The rooms are a bit cramped as two rooms were accessed by just one door, so there's a lot of foot traffic for those in the first room, especially those sleeping right next to the entrance. Back patio is a nice area, but there should be a sign or something tell guests to be quiet after a certain hour (10?) just to make sure we don't bother the neighbors. Loved the welcome shot of rakia.

A really great hostel. Unkas, the owner is really knowledgable and recommended a really great place for some traditional Bosnian food. They run a day tour and you really get to see the city and surroundings that would not be possible on your own. I had a great time in sarajevo.

This was a super welcoming hostel! As soon as you arrive you get a welcome drink and almost forced into sitting with new people! The garden is also super nice! Unkas is reall helpful about recommending different things to do in the city and the tour that he can set up is awesome!

I had an excellent time here, and Unkas made sure we made the most of our stay in the city. He warmly welcomed us, brought us on an excellent tour of the city, and made sure we had a shuttle to our next destination. In addition, the room and bathroom were clean, and the beds were comfortable. We also enjoyed learning from Unkas about the history of the region and having a nice patio to hang out with others staying at the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great location from the city, about a 20 min walk from bus and train station, easy to find though. BEST beds ever!! Some of the shower doors were a bit "small", easy to have a peak...

Comfortable stay, friendly staff, decent kitchen and common areas. Wifi was also decent, overall good stay and I would stay here again

This hostel was fantastic. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the atmosphere was great. I will definitely stay here again.

• 26th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel I'd ever stayed in my lifetime, I highly recommended, it will blow your mind :)

Incredible hostel - staff are friendly and willing to help, beds are comfortable and atmosphere is great. Highly recommend

« first « Prev 1 2 3