Balkan Han Hostel

9.2
Superb 596 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

Best hosts I've had on my travels by far.

2nd Feb 2017

Great hostel with awesome facilities and a very warm and friendly staff. Definitely recommend!

• USA, Male, 25-30
20th Jan 2017

This place is amazing. For me, hostels are all relatively similar. Many are clean, have good facilities, and serve the purpose of getting a nights rest. It's the people in a hostel that really make it stand out. Ivan and Unkas are amazing people, and truly make you feel so welcome. I can honestly say that I now consider Ivan a true friend of mine. I took the all day tour, which was rather expensive, but totally worth it. Thanks Ivan and Unkas for the great time!

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Fantastic hostel close to the city centre with comfy rooms and a cheap bar. They offer a private excursion that covers the whole of Sarajevo which I highly recommend. But the best thing about Balkan Han is the staff, especially Ivan. They make you feel like you're having a sleepover at a friend's house! Will definitely return one day, next time in the high season.

8th Jan 2017

Great place. Excellent customer service. You feel like home.

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Jan 2017

If you are coming to Sarajevo, look no further than Balkan Han Hostel! From the moment we stood on the threshold of the hostel (in -26 degree weather!!) to the minute we left, the hospitality and amazing experience we had is hard to describe. It was like being welcomed into the home of a very good friend!! Unkas & Ivan made our experience here one to remember. From drinking Rakija, to helping celebrate one of our Birthdays, to all the suggestions of places to eat and places to go!

11th Nov 2016

Balkan Han is truly a special place. For me, the most important part of travel is the human connection. Sarajevo is a powerful place with a history that moves you. Our experience of the city -- our impression of where it has been and where it is going -- was shaped by those we met during our stay. None were more influential in this than the staff here. Sarajevo and Balkan Han Hostel have touched my heart. Thank you Unkas, Ivan and Zlatan. Your optimism is an inspiration. We will be back!

20th Oct 2016

Pretty good !

19th Oct 2016

The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. I would strongly recommend the city tour of this hostel. Is not cheap (30 euros), but totally worth it. I normally hate tours, but the guide was really cool and drove us to the greatest spots of Sarajevo, we had beers and lunch in a great local place (everything included in the price). Basically was like having a local friend who knows the city and the recent history as well as he lived to tell. ¿Only issue?, not enough showers.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
16th Oct 2016

Great hostel with excellent tours on offer (Zlatan is an abolute lad). Could have a few more facilities (no toaster etc, also felt like I was going to spray water over the washing machine every time I had a shower). Would recommend and stay again