Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Great location from the city, about a 20 min walk from bus and train station, easy to find though. BEST beds ever!! Some of the shower doors were a bit "small", easy to have a peak...

Comfortable stay, friendly staff, decent kitchen and common areas. Wifi was also decent, overall good stay and I would stay here again

This hostel was fantastic. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the atmosphere was great. I will definitely stay here again.

• 26th Jun 2015

This is the best hostel I'd ever stayed in my lifetime, I highly recommended, it will blow your mind :)

Incredible hostel - staff are friendly and willing to help, beds are comfortable and atmosphere is great. Highly recommend

Great clean rooms, a good number of bathrooms and quite a good kitchen. Unkas was away while we were there but luckily we had Meme on hand. He was a great part of our love for the city, either telling us or taking us to dinner and giving great recommendations on things to do. The tours were good and quite well priced.

Not enough showers for everyone, but great location and the garden is lovely.

• 14th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Best hostel EVER! Stay here, great staff and fun hangout zone in the summer. Loved every minute.

There are three rules when it comes to visiting Sarajevo: 1) Stay in this hostel 2) Ask Unkas and listen to Unkas. He knows what you want, even if you don't know it yet 3) Go on the guided tour with tourguide Meme and getaway driver Erol, one of the best experiences of my trip

totally best hostel! you just feel at home from the first moment you get there, and the owner is super helpful with both practical stuff and recommendations for trips and food to try - also they have a nice garden where you can enjoy a beer and meet new people!

Balkan Han is an incredibly cosy hostel and you feel straight at home in this place. The owner is super sweet and makes you feel welcome. He also arranged an airport transfer for me as there is no public transport available. Also close to the center. Highly recommended.

I highly recommend staying here. While it was the off season, and there werent too many people- the staff made sure that it was still a completely sociable experience. Definitely spend the money to go on the driving and or walking tours as they really show you Sarajevo and all it has to offer.

I couldn't possibly fault this hostel, which is probably the best I've stayed at in a decade of sporadic traveling. After finding my way into town (later discovered they offer a car service for €10) I was pleased with the location, the welcome from the owner, and the facilities (which were cosy, comfortable and clean). After meeting the other guests we went for dinner & drinks, and I found the atmosphere to be very good. I look forward to staying here again, and to take their various tours.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Not only thet the facilities are great, very clean and central. No, the atmosphere in the hostel is just warm, welcoming. I really came as a guest and left as a friend. The owner and the staff do everything to make your stay comfortable, have great tips, show you around and even join you in the bars etc:) Thanks again to Unkas, Meme, Ero...

Friendly staff (free shot on arrival!) and nice relaxed atmosphere. Very good location. Only negative is if you are in the top bunks then there is no plug socket close to the bed.

• 20th May 2015

The hostel have a great atmosphere. There's always someone in the common area. We went out for dinner and drink together, there're always someone to do things with. The location is great. And Unkas is always so so helpful.

We had great time in Sarajevo thanks to Unkas and his staff! They were so great and friendly and I definitely recommend their tour "Sarajevo under siege", it's the best value for money that you can get from all other tours in the city agencies and surely something that you MUST SEE when visiting Sarajevo!

• 19th May 2015
  • Jamaica

the atmosphere is beautiful, people are open and creative, and i must say that for a long time i haven't seen so crazy host (in a positive way) :) vive la Unkas! i totally recomend this place for all the extraterrestrials backpackers and all the people looking for a great place in their lives and minds!

• 18th May 2015
  • Croatia

I've been to Sarajevo many times, but I hope I'll come to Balkan Han again, and again, and again, and again... We had great fun with Unkas (the host)... chatting, drinking, playing chess with him and listening some great music on his vinyls...

• 18th May 2015
  • Croatia

Fell in love in and with this place. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in with the most amazing staff. Felt right at home like we were on great family.

• 17th May 2015