Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Unkas was amazing! We were the only ones in the hostel at the time, but he made us feel very welcome. He gave us welcome drinks and a map to show us all of the local places in Sarajevo, and we enjoyed every recommendation of his. The room was very nice, he upgraded us to a bed instead of two twin beds. We accidentally booked for the wrong day, and he accepted us anyway without a problem. We loved our stay here!

Thehostel was excellent. Caring and attentive If i could give a numeric score it would be 100%! Ivan was a marvellous host

• 6th Nov 2015

Really nice hostel very close to the center. Nice staff and good red wine :-)

We had a great stay in Balkan Han. The staff were really welcoming and helpful. Location is central, very close to all the sights in old town and night life.

Was only there for one night, but Ivan was the best host I've had in a while. Very personable and even went out to get drinks with us after working almost all day. Hostel is in a great location and it was very clean and well organized. Cheers

Do not do the 30€ tour. The tour only went for two hours and the guide had very poor English. He drove us to a few location and provided a very basic explanation. The hostel was very quiet when I stayed but the facilities were adequate.

Balkan Han hostel is definitely one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Unkas and the other staff there are so friendly and helpful. They will do anything you need including booking shuttle buses and your next hostel for you! It is just like staying with family. Would recommend this hostel to anyone and would stay again for sure!

Very clean hotsel with nice athmosphere. The beds are super comfortable! And the staff nice and helpful. I recommend it!

Very kind staff :) I am very happy that me and my friends stayed at your hostel. I am very thankful for coffee in the morning and orehovac after running halfmarathon :)

We had a fantastic stay at Balkan Han. Unkas was welcoming and felt like our dad- he was helpful and considerate. The only downfall was the neighbouring town flats surrounding the property which makes it impossible to stay outside in the garden at night and have drinks after 10:30! Great location and good facilities otherwise.

A bit cramped but staff are friendly and a good atmosphere in the outside common area. A small walk from the main streets, highly recommended.

The beers in the hostel bar are a euro (A EURO) However, our trip was somewhat marred by the fact that someone left their putrid shoes in the dormitory. Which, as the hostel's receptionist pointed out was absolutely disgusting. The tour was great, really worth it and very cheap All in all a nice place but not all the party vibe it's said to have

Good place, awesome staff they offer this Balkan tour around Sarajevo which is probably the best tour I have ever taken. I recommend the hostel and the tour, would go back

The hostel has an awesome atmosphere and great people working there, the only thing I'd suggest is not to hassle people to do the paid tour through them. I was constantly asked about it and felt bad saying no. Besides that, the facilities, everything else was clean and comfortable!

This hostel is cool! It's centrally located and Unkas is one of a kind :) the bathrooms were clean and the rooms were spacious. Take the tour that hostel offers it's very good. I had a blast here. Unkas arranged a shuttle from this hostel to my next hostel in Serbia, Thanks Unkas. I would definitely stay here again. You also get a welcome shot!

Such a great hostel! Highly recommend it.

Lovely staff - so helpful, let us come a day late because of travel complications with no extra cost! Great hostel overall

Helpful staff (Ivan) about sights, inkl map, any info. Parking by car in a separated garage convenient, 10€/day.

This place had great facilities with multiple bathrooms and showers which was awesome. It was a few minute walk from the main area and the staff was very friendly. The rooms were clean and they had big lockers!

One of the best places I have ever stayed in! Nothing negative to say.