Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Look on a map where the hostel is before you arrive! I spent n hour lost in the rain with locals sending me in opposite directions. Or get a taxi make life easy! Hostels nice n clean n v.comfy beds. Would be nice to have a chill out area where there is no smoking. But good stay

nice place and nice stuff, nothing really to complain about

Great hostel. We came in through the door and were welcomed by Oonkas, the man running the place, and he offered us homemade cherry liqueur (it was homemade for sure). The place is very clean, no problems whatsoever. We were traveling two but got one shared bed, so if you don't want that make sure to let the staff know. We had a problem with our locker, it wouldn't lock properly, but no one took anything and the atmosphere was very friendly. Definitely worth staying!

Had an amazing stay and a great time in Sarajevo. Unkas (hostel manager) was friendly and very helpful in any situation. Would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone!!

The hostel was very nice, the position was perfect and the value for money absolutely very very good!

• 26th Jul 2014

great location to stay and awesome host! Welcome shots were a very pleasant surprise!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

It's a good hostel, I would go back.

Really cool hostel, nice chilled out atmosphere, located right in the town centre, helpful staff, all good! Unkas the owner is great, helped arrange my trip to Belgrade as well. 10/10, would hostel again.

WOW what a great atmosphere in this hostel! host so kind and welcoming, eager to make you feel comfortable. great Bar leading to great parties!!

One of the best hostels I ever been too and the owner is an amazing guy and really friendly.

This is a really, really nice hostel. Fantastic atmophere, awesome bathrooms, big beds, a nice little garden and a great host! We went on the five-hours-tour which was VERY interesting - something we really would like to recommendate! :-) So thank you, Unkas! We had a memorable stay in Sarajevo! Nothing left to say but: WOW ;-)

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

We had a fantastic stay at Balkan Han. It is a small hostel, so it was very personalised service and we were made to feel very welcome. The dorm room was very comfortable and the bar was a lot of fun. The location was great and easily accessible to many sights, bars and delicious food. I also recommend the driving tour that can be organised through the hostel.

• 13th Jul 2014

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in; the owner is very friendly, basically acts as an excellent travel agent, and has a well stocked bar.

The location is good. Walking distance to major sightseeing. Staff is nice. The owner is very helpful. The beds are nice. If you get the lower bunk, it is lager than average. I had a good time there.

The owner was very nice and helpful! The hostel was clean and had a good atmosphere. There was a great patio outside and the owner set up an amazing tour of the city.

Awesome place. Owner is really chill, and takes care of the place. Be sure to take the hostel's seige tour with Hassan. Amazing experience, and it gave me memories to remember for the rest of my life.

Wonderful hostel with a great host - Unkas! Always went out of his way to help and offer advice to what to do. Will definitely be back again! :)

• 1st Jul 2014

Hotel in great location with everything you need- clean rooms, lockers, computers, outdoor garden and a bar complete with welcome shots! Host Unkas is so welcoming and helpful, recommending a great tour (one of the highlights of your trip), and eating options.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Unkas is a legend innkeeper. The hostel is easy to find, free lockers are provided, there is a great bar and patio included in the hostel. I had a very good time in Sarajevo and The Balkan Han was a driving factor. Would not stay anywhere else in Sarajevo. The value for the money is exceptional.

The hostel was perfect! Very clean and comfortable, nice atmosphere. I think it has been the perfect option to enjoy the beauty of Sarajevo. Unkas, the owner, is amazing! If you go there, listen carefully to his good advice to enjoy every aspect and detail of the city.

• 30th Jun 2014