Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Good location and the owner was very friendly and accommodating. Although I would not recommend the tours he suggests.I went on the driving tour he recommended and it was overpriced and the tour guide was not informed enough about the history of Sarajevo and was shy/reluctant to engage in conversation about the history. All in all I enjoyed my stay and had good fun.

• 16th May 2015

I seldom write comments for the hostels because I am lazy, but I will definitely write one for Unkas' Balkan Han. This is definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Unkas, the host, is very friendly and extremely helpful on arranging the horrible Balkans transportation for us. The hostel is clean with Unkas' good interior colourful design, it is so cozy having a chat with other amazing people in the courtyard. Wifi is good and shower is at Balkans' average. Again, a must in Sarajevo!

We had a great stay at Balkan Han. The staff were fantastic, friendly and the atmosphere was great. The hostel was clean and tidy and any requests were not a problem. Would stay here again and highly recommend it.

Had a lot of fun here with the staff - they will take you out to the strangest places in Sarajevo but always had a lot of fun. Good facilities, good location, solid atmosphere and no shortage of enthusiasm. A good place to stay if you want good stories!

You arrive as a guest, you leave as a friend. Thanks to Askunkas and all his team!!!

Good location, beds are big and comfortable, very clean bathroom with hot shower, stable wifi, big lockers. And Unkas, the owner is superb nice and friendly. He knows everything and you could just ask him:)

I'm so grateful for the guys at the hostel, they were pleasure to get to know and they were so helpful Good environment and clean

A fantastic hostel right in the heart of Sarajevo. Be sure to do the tour which takes you to important sights during the siege. Absolutely fascinating.

One of the best hostels I know. Perfectly located and Unkas the owner is a great and helpful host. The hostel itself is very nicely decorated, has comfy beds and good showers and so on and is spotlessly clean. It was my second stay here and I will be back for sure!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is pretty small, which I found to be great for solo travelers. It was really easy to meet people. There's a bar area with free coffee and tea. There's only one full bathroom, but I didn't find that to be an issue since the hostel isn't that big. Unkus is very helpful and even let me pay in multiple currencies, which I really appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The location is maybe a 5 minute walk in to the Old Town - super convenient.

Defiantly recommend.

Ask Unkas, and he will go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. The smoke in the common room can be a bit of an issue for non-smokers, but it isn't horrible. My only suggestion would be adding reading lights to the bunks!

As I hostel worker, I DEFINITELY recommend Balkan Han Hostel to the fellow travellers. It's an amazing place! It's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Perfect location, really secure and super clean. Beside of all GREAT staff! You immediately feel the spirit once you step in the Balkan Han. Unkas is amazing host, he knows the best spots in and out of Sarajevo. Don't you ever miss the tour that he offers to Mostar. Looking forward to be there again and challenge to him on backgammon :)

This is possibly the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything has it's place, and it is very welcoming. Unkas, the owner is an amazing man. He has great energy and does all he can to make his guests feel welcome. He has many interesting stories and really enjoys discussing music and playing records. Balkan Han is an experience in Sarajevo not to be missed.

This hostel is everything you could want while staying in Sarajevo. Spend time with Unkas! He has great stories and will go out of his way to help you in any way he can :)

• 25th Jan 2015

this hostel is not the typical flashi new hostel, but it has all the typical hostel facility's and a bit more atmosfeer then the "flashi" hostels in town. If there are now people snoring beds sleep very good, big badroom and good beers in the bar.

1 2 Next » last »