Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

This is a great little hostel! While Unkas is super nice and helpful and the tour you can do with his friend is 100% recommendable. The bedrooms were nice and clean and the outside area is nice. The shower however is pretty much cold barely gets to Luke warm and although there is a full kitchen Unkas tells you he doesnf want you to use it, which I didn't really like. Otherwise I would very much recommend this place

Had a great time at this hostel. The host Unkas was really helpful and even an arrival at 5 in the morning was no problem at all. Breakfast in the garden was really nice as well!

Was there for the weekend and had a great time. Not only because is super confortable and clean but as well because it has a great environment with it's host making sure that every guest have a good stay and organising even a night out with all the guests. It's good if you want to know people and relax.

We had a great Saturday night with Unkas and other travellers. Good place to stay and perfectly located Tip: We were advised to leave the car in a parking close to the hostel but it was extremely expensive!

The owner, Unkas was very accommodating and had a friend who gave us a personal tour of Sarajevo which was undoubtedly the highlight of the trip.

No complaints, Unkas the owner is very helpful and friendly and its well located...definitely worth checking out.

Decoration and place of the hostel was perfect! It totaly worths the price. Also, you should meet Unkas. He is really warm and wise person. Have fun in Sarajevo!

Nice place, run by a friendly and welcoming host - Unkas. He's in the process of arranging a outdoor terrace. The only negative point for me as a non-smoker was that common area (like everything else in the Balkans, it seems) was with a heavy tobacco smell

I really loved this hostel! Unkas was great and it really felt like home, didn't want to leave!!

I wish I could have stayed longer! Unkas cooked for everyone in the hostel one night and it was delicious. He also organised a tour for us with one of his friends. Sarajevo is a beautiful city. The hostel is clean, the bar a good place to meet travellers and the kitchen is well equipped. I'd definitely come back.

very nice hostel! unkas even cooked us a free bosnian dinner one night!

the hostel owner unkas welcomes his guesst personally. you feel like home from the very first moment. the location is perfect and the hostel itself clean and well decorated.

Chose to stay there after reading the good reviews online. Completely agree with the positive reviews. I had a wonderful stay there and the owner was more then happy to help me with suggestions on what where to grab some nice local food!

• 15th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

I had a great experience with Hostel Balkan Han. Unkas was a wonderful host. He gave me tons of recommendations of things I could see and do in the city and surrounding area, arranged a tour for me, and booked my hostel and transportation to my next destination. I would recommend his hostel to anyone.

1 2 Next » last »