Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

The most helpful and friendly hostel I've visited.

• 18th Sep 2014

hi THEA, WHY NOT ALL ,,5,, ? :-) Rgds, Unkas

Staff were very friendly and offered loads of advice on Sarajevo. The location is just a minute from the eternal flame. I would love to head back there in the height of summer so i can make better use of the huge garden. Sorry again about your toilet.

Good hostel, great staff. Overall recommendable hostel. but extra charge for using kitchen and laundry for €8....

Very cool place to stay.

Great people, great stay.

Loved this hostel!! Great rooms with bunk beds that a double on the bottom which is great for couple traveling. The owner Unkas fantastic! He was very helpful and very friendly/laid back. Good location and nice areas to hang out. I much preferred the upstairs area though!

Really liked my stay and think the hostel has a great "vibe" and excellent location (close, but not too close). Thanks!

Comfortable and charm place!

Really good hostel, in a perfect position to see the city and really well organised! I strongly suggest to do the guided tour of the nearby of Sarajevo that shows you the places where they fought the war, we were with Zejko (I hope I wrote it good), he fought in the war and showed us everything and told us all the stories about it, it was one of the most interesting day of my life, really! Do it!

Great location and staff. Unkas is so welcoming, friendly, and helpful; had some good conversations with him! Rooms are clean and spacious, bathrooms bright, colorful, and clean. Nice atmosphere. The garden is a great place to sit and hang out.

The hostel is a neat place to stay considering the location and housing conditions. The owner is friendly and helpful. Our room was fine even though it's directly linked to another one via door, so expect other guests passing through that door. Other than that, there wasn't much noise coming from the street outside and the facilities were fairly clean. The only disadvantage is that the showers and toilets are merely isolated by swing doors which results in a lack of privacy.

Awesome place to stay - great location and a really cool place!

Good backpacker atmosphere, nice personal and funky beds, but I hate the cigarette smell in the common room, as well as the noise coming from the road in the bedroom.

Location nearby the old town is perfect. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds. There are also free lockers. Good value for money. I would definitely stay there again.

Stop searching!! You've found it. This hostel is absolutely awesome. Unkas goes out of his way to help guests. The location is great, the hostel is small and cosy, and it is super easy to meet other travellers. Thank you for an awesome stay!

Loved staying here, would really recommend for others travelling alone who want to meet people easily, it's really homely and Unkas is the best host. The tour was great and the beds are amazing.

It rained while I stayed here so didn't get to use the garden. Other then the garden there is nowhere comfortable to hang out. Smoking in the bar makes its way to the rooms and not enough bathrooms. But great host. Tour is good. Good location. Overall a nice experience.

Unkas is amazing! I really enjoyed my stay in Balkan Han and definitely loved the welcome drink(s)! The dorms were big and clean. The only issue: the bar is in a basementy-part of the building and is not so well ventilated. As people tend to smoke inside all the time, your close get very smelly. But that's the Balkans for you.

Look on a map where the hostel is before you arrive! I spent n hour lost in the rain with locals sending me in opposite directions. Or get a taxi make life easy! Hostels nice n clean n v.comfy beds. Would be nice to have a chill out area where there is no smoking. But good stay

nice place and nice stuff, nothing really to complain about