Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

The owner rocks but no air conditioning so keep that in mind in the Summer months as the room got very hot.

The place is Nice but I found better. My room was a bit too small for the number of beds there was inside and it was a mess. If you actually just don't care about having backpacks everywhere, the place is for you! The owner has very good tips though and proposed me a very nice perspective of Sarajevo!

Okay hostel in a most amazing city. The owner is nice and tries to be helpful, but is like a dell boy character for anybody who gets that reference. Always after money. He is also quite Pervy with the girls. Only stayed one night and then went to travellers home hostel which was amazing!

It was a great stay and warm welcome to Sarajevo by the Hostel staff, I recommend the 'siege of Sarajevo' guided tour.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • El Salvador

We just stayed here two nights but we wish we had way longer! The location is perfect the old town is really close as are resturaunt sand cafes. The owner offers a good day tour of Sarajevo as well as other shorter tours. There's a lovely outdoor area to relax in and the rooms are really spacious. There's a good sized kitchen and the Internet it's bad but not fantastic either. Will be coming back for sure.

I really enjoyed my stay here, good times were had, met a lot of wonderful travelers, and the place itself was clean, had a kitchen, and a porch. The owner was nice, but kept getting mad at us congregating outside on the patio, but other than that, it was a really good place to stay! Perfect for solo travelers!

Nice place, clean and well located. Funny staff.

Good location, friendly and fun staff. The rooms are a bit cramped as two rooms were accessed by just one door, so there's a lot of foot traffic for those in the first room, especially those sleeping right next to the entrance. Back patio is a nice area, but there should be a sign or something tell guests to be quiet after a certain hour (10?) just to make sure we don't bother the neighbors. Loved the welcome shot of rakia.

A really great hostel. Unkas, the owner is really knowledgable and recommended a really great place for some traditional Bosnian food. They run a day tour and you really get to see the city and surroundings that would not be possible on your own. I had a great time in sarajevo.

This was a super welcoming hostel! As soon as you arrive you get a welcome drink and almost forced into sitting with new people! The garden is also super nice! Unkas is reall helpful about recommending different things to do in the city and the tour that he can set up is awesome!

I had an excellent time here, and Unkas made sure we made the most of our stay in the city. He warmly welcomed us, brought us on an excellent tour of the city, and made sure we had a shuttle to our next destination. In addition, the room and bathroom were clean, and the beds were comfortable. We also enjoyed learning from Unkas about the history of the region and having a nice patio to hang out with others staying at the hostel.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great location from the city, about a 20 min walk from bus and train station, easy to find though. BEST beds ever!! Some of the shower doors were a bit "small", easy to have a peak...

Comfortable stay, friendly staff, decent kitchen and common areas. Wifi was also decent, overall good stay and I would stay here again

This hostel was fantastic. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the atmosphere was great. I will definitely stay here again.

This is the best hostel I'd ever stayed in my lifetime, I highly recommended, it will blow your mind :)

Incredible hostel - staff are friendly and willing to help, beds are comfortable and atmosphere is great. Highly recommend

Great clean rooms, a good number of bathrooms and quite a good kitchen. Unkas was away while we were there but luckily we had Meme on hand. He was a great part of our love for the city, either telling us or taking us to dinner and giving great recommendations on things to do. The tours were good and quite well priced.

Not enough showers for everyone, but great location and the garden is lovely.

Best hostel EVER! Stay here, great staff and fun hangout zone in the summer. Loved every minute.

There are three rules when it comes to visiting Sarajevo: 1) Stay in this hostel 2) Ask Unkas and listen to Unkas. He knows what you want, even if you don't know it yet 3) Go on the guided tour with tourguide Meme and getaway driver Erol, one of the best experiences of my trip