Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

Good backpacker atmosphere, nice personal and funky beds, but I hate the cigarette smell in the common room, as well as the noise coming from the road in the bedroom.

Location nearby the old town is perfect. Staff is extremely nice and helpful. Rooms are clean and spacious with comfortable beds. There are also free lockers. Good value for money. I would definitely stay there again.

Stop searching!! You've found it. This hostel is absolutely awesome. Unkas goes out of his way to help guests. The location is great, the hostel is small and cosy, and it is super easy to meet other travellers. Thank you for an awesome stay!

Loved staying here, would really recommend for others travelling alone who want to meet people easily, it's really homely and Unkas is the best host. The tour was great and the beds are amazing.

It rained while I stayed here so didn't get to use the garden. Other then the garden there is nowhere comfortable to hang out. Smoking in the bar makes its way to the rooms and not enough bathrooms. But great host. Tour is good. Good location. Overall a nice experience.

Unkas is amazing! I really enjoyed my stay in Balkan Han and definitely loved the welcome drink(s)! The dorms were big and clean. The only issue: the bar is in a basementy-part of the building and is not so well ventilated. As people tend to smoke inside all the time, your close get very smelly. But that's the Balkans for you.

Look on a map where the hostel is before you arrive! I spent n hour lost in the rain with locals sending me in opposite directions. Or get a taxi make life easy! Hostels nice n clean n v.comfy beds. Would be nice to have a chill out area where there is no smoking. But good stay

nice place and nice stuff, nothing really to complain about

Great hostel. We came in through the door and were welcomed by Oonkas, the man running the place, and he offered us homemade cherry liqueur (it was homemade for sure). The place is very clean, no problems whatsoever. We were traveling two but got one shared bed, so if you don't want that make sure to let the staff know. We had a problem with our locker, it wouldn't lock properly, but no one took anything and the atmosphere was very friendly. Definitely worth staying!

Had an amazing stay and a great time in Sarajevo. Unkas (hostel manager) was friendly and very helpful in any situation. Would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone!!

The hostel was very nice, the position was perfect and the value for money absolutely very very good!

• 26th Jul 2014

great location to stay and awesome host! Welcome shots were a very pleasant surprise!

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

It's a good hostel, I would go back.

Really cool hostel, nice chilled out atmosphere, located right in the town centre, helpful staff, all good! Unkas the owner is great, helped arrange my trip to Belgrade as well. 10/10, would hostel again.

WOW what a great atmosphere in this hostel! host so kind and welcoming, eager to make you feel comfortable. great Bar leading to great parties!!

One of the best hostels I ever been too and the owner is an amazing guy and really friendly.

This is a really, really nice hostel. Fantastic atmophere, awesome bathrooms, big beds, a nice little garden and a great host! We went on the five-hours-tour which was VERY interesting - something we really would like to recommendate! :-) So thank you, Unkas! We had a memorable stay in Sarajevo! Nothing left to say but: WOW ;-)

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

We had a fantastic stay at Balkan Han. It is a small hostel, so it was very personalised service and we were made to feel very welcome. The dorm room was very comfortable and the bar was a lot of fun. The location was great and easily accessible to many sights, bars and delicious food. I also recommend the driving tour that can be organised through the hostel.

• 13th Jul 2014

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in; the owner is very friendly, basically acts as an excellent travel agent, and has a well stocked bar.

The location is good. Walking distance to major sightseeing. Staff is nice. The owner is very helpful. The beds are nice. If you get the lower bunk, it is lager than average. I had a good time there.