Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

You arrive as a guest, you leave as a friend. Thanks to Askunkas and all his team!!!

Good location, beds are big and comfortable, very clean bathroom with hot shower, stable wifi, big lockers. And Unkas, the owner is superb nice and friendly. He knows everything and you could just ask him:)

I'm so grateful for the guys at the hostel, they were pleasure to get to know and they were so helpful Good environment and clean

A fantastic hostel right in the heart of Sarajevo. Be sure to do the tour which takes you to important sights during the siege. Absolutely fascinating.

One of the best hostels I know. Perfectly located and Unkas the owner is a great and helpful host. The hostel itself is very nicely decorated, has comfy beds and good showers and so on and is spotlessly clean. It was my second stay here and I will be back for sure!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is pretty small, which I found to be great for solo travelers. It was really easy to meet people. There's a bar area with free coffee and tea. There's only one full bathroom, but I didn't find that to be an issue since the hostel isn't that big. Unkus is very helpful and even let me pay in multiple currencies, which I really appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The location is maybe a 5 minute walk in to the Old Town - super convenient.

Defiantly recommend.

Ask Unkas, and he will go above and beyond to make sure you have a great stay. The smoke in the common room can be a bit of an issue for non-smokers, but it isn't horrible. My only suggestion would be adding reading lights to the bunks!

As I hostel worker, I DEFINITELY recommend Balkan Han Hostel to the fellow travellers. It's an amazing place! It's one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Perfect location, really secure and super clean. Beside of all GREAT staff! You immediately feel the spirit once you step in the Balkan Han. Unkas is amazing host, he knows the best spots in and out of Sarajevo. Don't you ever miss the tour that he offers to Mostar. Looking forward to be there again and challenge to him on backgammon :)

This is possibly the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything has it's place, and it is very welcoming. Unkas, the owner is an amazing man. He has great energy and does all he can to make his guests feel welcome. He has many interesting stories and really enjoys discussing music and playing records. Balkan Han is an experience in Sarajevo not to be missed.

1 2 3 Next » last »