Balkan Han Hostel Reviews

this hostel is not the typical flashi new hostel, but it has all the typical hostel facility's and a bit more atmosfeer then the "flashi" hostels in town. If there are now people snoring beds sleep very good, big badroom and good beers in the bar.

This is one of the best hostels I stayed in. Very good located, facilities are clean and has a nice bar, with a great atmosphere to meet new people (it can be loud or calm depending on the guests). Unkas, the owner, is one of the best hosts I've met, very friendly and willingly to answer doubts and suggest places to visit in the city. He will make sure that you have everything you need and hangs out in the bar, talking to guests and telling anything about the Balkans. I highly recommend it.

I have been in many hostels before (Americas, Europe and SE Asia) and I can say my overall experience in the hostel was great. The owner was very very helpful, the location is perfect and the place is pretty cool. Good choice!

It was a great experience!Unkas, the host was the best! He taught us a lot about the history of the city as well as he showed us some bar at night! The hostel facilities are really good, clean and safe;there is one great bar there too!The staff is polite;Unkas was there all the time and was always doing the best for us.The location is excellent. The atmosphere is everything you expect of a hostel! The hostel also provides a garage (there is a fee, but it is ok!). We tottaly recommend Balkan Han!

We passed an excellent trip into Sarajevo. We feel welcoming on the hostel and on the city.

One of the most depressing basements in Bosnia. Out of date.

Dear Mr.Steffen! We are very unpleasantly surprised for a bad comment from you, as all our other guests are really so enthusiastic about atmosphere and cleanliness in our hostel, and as we can not find your name in our guest book, we are wondering if you've been to our hostel at all? Or maybe this is misunderstanding because there is one more hostel with very similar name and as we really care about each client we have! All the best, Unkas Could you please explain more about your bad review?

AMAZING!!!!! coming to Balkaan Han was an amazing experience, i loved it because it's not a place where you just drop your staff and u go, but IT'S THE PERFECT PLACE TO MEET NEW TRAVELERS,it has big and charming common aereas where u can stay and drink coffee and tea (that are free) all day! Unkas,the owner is an easy-going man, really welcome and always ready to help. I always think that "home is where people makes u feel like at home" and Unkas really did. I will never forget this experience!

Balkan Han has to be one of the best hostels I have stayed at. It's small enough to get to know everyone staying there, and the owner, Unkas, is one of the friendliest, funniest, most helpful people I have met. If you are going to Sarajevo and you don't stay here then you are making a huge mistake. Sharing a beer with him and listening about his time in the war or watching him dance in the bar to Bosnian music was an absolute trip. Also, facilities are very nice and the beds are comfortable.

It's a very good hostel, near the city center (you do not need to take any bus or taxi to go around the city) , cheap and has a very good atmosphere that makes you feel at home :) the hostel has a nice garden and I loved to stay there!

• 9th Oct 2014

It was a little bit smelly with the cigaretts.

Great hospitality and really fun vibe with a good location, try it yourself

• 28th Sep 2014

The most helpful and friendly hostel I've visited.

• 18th Sep 2014

hi THEA, WHY NOT ALL ,,5,, ? :-) Rgds, Unkas

Staff were very friendly and offered loads of advice on Sarajevo. The location is just a minute from the eternal flame. I would love to head back there in the height of summer so i can make better use of the huge garden. Sorry again about your toilet.

Good hostel, great staff. Overall recommendable hostel. but extra charge for using kitchen and laundry for €8....

Very cool place to stay.

Great people, great stay.

Loved this hostel!! Great rooms with bunk beds that a double on the bottom which is great for couple traveling. The owner Unkas fantastic! He was very helpful and very friendly/laid back. Good location and nice areas to hang out. I much preferred the upstairs area though!

Really liked my stay and think the hostel has a great "vibe" and excellent location (close, but not too close). Thanks!

Comfortable and charm place!

Really good hostel, in a perfect position to see the city and really well organised! I strongly suggest to do the guided tour of the nearby of Sarajevo that shows you the places where they fought the war, we were with Zejko (I hope I wrote it good), he fought in the war and showed us everything and told us all the stories about it, it was one of the most interesting day of my life, really! Do it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7