9.0
Superb 585 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 585 Total Reviews
Balkan Han Hostel Located at Dalmatinska 6, , Sarajevo.
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina 71 000 Dalmatinska 6
90% 585
43.8603505 18.4205156
    Rooms available

11th Nov 2016

Balkan Han is truly a special place. For me, the most important part of travel is the human connection. Sarajevo is a powerful place with a history that moves you. Our experience of the city -- our impression of where it has been and where it is going -- was shaped by those we met during our stay. None were more influential in this than the staff here. Sarajevo and Balkan Han Hostel have touched my heart. Thank you Unkas, Ivan and Zlatan. Your optimism is an inspiration. We will be back!

20th Oct 2016

Pretty good !

19th Oct 2016

The staff is great, very friendly and helpful. I would strongly recommend the city tour of this hostel. Is not cheap (30 euros), but totally worth it. I normally hate tours, but the guide was really cool and drove us to the greatest spots of Sarajevo, we had beers and lunch in a great local place (everything included in the price). Basically was like having a local friend who knows the city and the recent history as well as he lived to tell. ¿Only issue?, not enough showers.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
16th Oct 2016

Great hostel with excellent tours on offer (Zlatan is an abolute lad). Could have a few more facilities (no toaster etc, also felt like I was going to spray water over the washing machine every time I had a shower). Would recommend and stay again

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
10th Oct 2016

Pretty sure Unkas was a bit drunk when I checked in late at night so he didn't really explain things to me properly and he was very overzealous so weird first impression... but otherwise he was really helpful the rest of my stay. Made sure I could take the hostels tour (which I highly recommend) even though I was the only one that signed up. Security in rooms could be improved.

10th Oct 2016

Of all of the hostels I have stayed, this is one of my favorite. Excellent location in Sarajevo, not too big, not too small. The Patio is a great place to meet people. Lively at times, but but not at unreasonable hours. Good amenities just keep in mind this is Sarajevo, not London. Also has the cheapest bar in town, which is saying something The Staff are the best tho. Ivan and Zlad are the best. I missed my flight and Ivan and Unkas were very helpful and accommodating. Absolutely recommend.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 25-30
8th Oct 2016

Lovely hostel in central Sarajevo with lovely and helpful staff, largely comfy and modern beds, fridge in the dorm area as well as in kitchen. Complimentary coffee in the bar with fruit was a nice touch too. Would recommend/stay again.

• Israel, Male, 31-40
5th Oct 2016

Amazing staff, Ivan and Zlatan made it perfect

• Austria, Female, 18-24
4th Oct 2016

Fantastic stay, chilled atmosphere with staff who genuinely care! Felt like home, which is exactly what you want especially travelling solo. Incredibly comfy and big beds for hostel and very clean. Would definitly come back and the tour was brilliant! :D

• Australia, Male, 25-30
1st Oct 2016

Ivan was the most friendly and helpful receptionist I had during my entire Europe trip. He made me feel welcome straight away in the cold weather with a shot of Rakija to warm me up! I highly recommend the tour with Zlatan - it's the best way to see everything in Sarajevo. Also ask Zlatan about Yugoslavian music! He collects records and tapes and has great taste. Thanks for making my time in Sarajevo a pleasure! I'll definitely be coming back to Balkan Han Hostel for my next trip. Lukas