Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Definitely had a camp feel to it. Super nice vibe. Even though the feel of the hostel should encourage some type of atmosphere I still felt it to be a bit distant. The location wasn't great but the hostel gives you free bus passes. I also took the funicular up to Harder Kulm and got 50% off because of the pass. Great value. Free breakfast was a plus. Showers were cold for me but maybe it was because I didn't know how to work it.

The ONLY hostel to stay in Interlaken! Great staff!! See you next year. Thanks again for a great hostel

• 26th Jun 2015

Balmers is a great place with a very friendly and helpful staff. I have family members that stayed at Balmers several years ago and they told me that I had to go to Balmers during my two week trip to Europe. It did not disappoint! Interlaken is such a beautiful place and Balmers allows you to enjoy everything that the town has to offer. I met some cool people and I had a great time during my stay. I would recommend Balmers to any young travelers.

Very nosiy , some of the rooms are just next to showers . Matrasses not very confortable. breakfast average, the scrumbled eggs are for 3 francs extra. Good points: check in 24/24, secured luggage storage, staff helpful, breakfast included, not very far from 2 railway stations (OST and WEST)

Thought the hostel had a flair to it! It definetely catches the eye. Great kitchen and system for storing your bought food. Room was comfortable enough. Staff was accommodating even though it seem to annoy them when you ask questions. Showers kinda suck, you'll see why. Also, it sucks you have to rent towel and locker. But expect that in Switzerland, nothing is really free. Other then those annoying things hostel was good to stay at. Bonus you can book excursions at office.

Cool place, except no lockers in rooms. Lockers cost extra and are outside. Club is very busy every night of the week, quite fun.

Balmers was awesome! Super convenient location with a market close by. The rooms are cleaned every day and there were plenty of bathrooms/showers. Only comment would be lack of security locker but the vibe at the hostel is pretty laid back and I was never worried about my stuff

Balmer's is a great hostel. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. If you're looking a for a party hostel this is your place. If you're not, try somewhere else. You can here the club music in your room and people talking. But other than that it was a fine place to stay.

Fantastic hostel; easily the best we stayed at while going around Europe. Lockers a bit far from the rooms in a central spot, but I didn't make use of them anyway. Right next to Outdoor Interlaken, a decent walk to the train stations. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

The hammock room, where I stayed, is a great idea. Unfortunately, I guess I really didn't get that it was open air, and I didn't sleep at all because of how cold I was. The atmosphere was amazing, and worthy of its reputation. Several staffers were amazing and helpful, while others clearly didn't want to be there. There are a lot of seemingly arbitrary rules, but I met amazing people here that I hope to be friends with from hereon out.

My stay at Balmers was comfortable and lovely, especially loved the chill out room upstairs. It's a huge place, has tons of rooms and is always packed with people for the most part. the staff were helpful but I felt really shut down by them, probably because they have to deal with so many people but still. The location was excellent since all the extreme sports offices were literally 2 minutes away, more or less. Atmosphere was usually good, just a bit distant for the most part.

It's a little bit of a walk from the train station but it's scenic and enjoyable (as long as it's not raining). There is a bar and grill so that's nice for quick dinners or lunches. My biggest complaint was it seemed like they only had three showers and 1 toilet for every one. So in the morning you got a freezing shower and there was normally a long line till its your turn.

Bathroom too small

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Was a pleasant stay! I can recommend it to my friends, absolutely!!

• 11th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Balmers was the best! We loved the staff, especially Maddie! Would love to stay here again

• 10th Jun 2015

It was a beautiful hostel and centrally located. My only complaint is how loud Balmers club music is. You can't hold a conversation inside and you can even hear it in the rooms when you're trying to sleep. Other than that it is fantastic! Great burgers, btw, and really good staff. Atmosphere is solid.

I do not think your Deluxe Burger is worth 12CHF nor the fries worth 4.50CHF, for 16.50CHF it was not a lot of food to a hungry traveller.

• 9th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you felt the Burger was overpriced, we use locally sourced meat of excellent standard and feel our prices are very fair. We also offer a Burger special that includes a burger, fries and a beer for only Sfr 15.00

The rooms were comfortable and the kitchens were okay, I wish there were lockers that you didn't have to pay to use.

Balmers was a very fun place to stay! There was always something to do and a lot of rooms to hang out in. We loved the beer garden and the game room. The showers are small and not that nice, but it's what we expect out of a hostel. The beds were nice and clean when we arrived. The check in and out service was smooth. We loved all the information around the hostel about different excursions and things to do.

Accused of acts we didn't do and got kicked out of the club which thinks it's actually a real club when there were at most 7 people

• 8th Jun 2015