Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

PROS Good place. The staff were great and very helpful. Free breakfast is better than average. Great club right in the basement of the hostel that's filled with travelers and locals so you don't have to go far to find the party. CONS No lockers in the rooms. They had some all the way outside that you had to pay for which I thought was strange. Also they start closing off a lot of areas in the hostel at night to start directing you to the club which could be a problem if you want to chill.

Showers were horrible! Cold! One toilet for the whole floor. Breakfast was just bread and jam. The places closes from 12-5pm every day. You are unable to book things or have questions answered during that time. Reception isn't 24 hours so it's hard to get the deposit back for the key if you have to heave early. Staff was rude and unfriendly

Thank you for the review, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.During the off season our rception is closed in the afternoon due to low numbers of guests in the hostel between 12-5 pm - however it is open from 7-12 and again from 5-21 pm. the rest of the hostel is at your disposal with many recreational areas, free computers wifii etc. Our staff have always been coted the best friendliest staff so it saddens me to hear your found them otherwise :-( we hope you enjoy the rest of your

The facilities were great and we really enjoyed staying in the hostel. It's a really fun place to be with your friends. We truly had a great time playing foosball and pool. Everything is good to me, apart from the fact that the parking lot is a little bit far away from the hostel.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

My first time staying at a Hostel and I was very happy with the stay The staff assistance us with traveling around and the set up of the facility Was very nice.

• 9th Apr 2015

Extremely helpful staff. Well maintained, clean. Excellent wifi connection. Bar on site. Laundry onsite. Excellent breakfast. I definitely recommend it.

we hope to welcome you back! thank you for taking the time to review us!

Friendly and helpful staff Unfortuntale the walls seem to be made of paper, I could hear literally everything that the giggly teenagers in the room next door were saying. Not nice at all

Thank you for the review, we are sorry that you could hear other guests, unfortunately being a swiss chalet its build from wood and sound does travel. We offer free ear plugs at reception :-))

The place was great! The room was super clean and cozy. I would definitely recommend Balmers to other young travelers.

Thank you!! Safe travels.

The wifi was great! Super fast and easy without any password. Breakfast was also great. I would recommend this place to everyone! Thumbs up*

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you for a great review! Hope you enjoy the rest of your travels!

This place would be mad during summer, except i went in spring so it was down season, this hostel is really good, our group got a whole dorm to our selfs for the cheapest possible price. good hostel and Interlarken is the place to go in Switzerland

Thanks for the great review! Its true summer is MAD but a really good MAD ...:-) so many parties and a lot of activities and fun!!!!

the staff here are very nice,Jane, Richard and Jessie, all of them,since now is the low season, very few backpackers u can see. This is a nice palce to have some rest, it's quiet and a Coop nearby. I Will definitely come back again, in summer days! Thank you all!

W look forward to welcoming you back for some summer funness!!!

Rooms got a little too warm at night for comfort. Opening a window wasn't practical with the street noise but if you let the rooms cool down it would be fine. This was in early March. Could not purchase breakfast as they had run out of food by 9am.

too noisy,not safe

• 21st Feb 2015
  • China

It was really lucky that my friend and I were only people in 4 mixed room. Everything was fine as its reputation but it's a bit creepy because it was like nobody in the whole hostel except us.

not many people

It was walkable from the hostel to the station. Soooooo nice staffs. Kitchen was very useful. The bar that opens at night was so fun, I would like to go there again.

We would love to have you back again!

Best hostel to stay in interlaken

Yey!! Thank you! You rock!

Brilliant place, lovely people.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Personally I can't see why this hostel has such a high reputation. Terrible atmosphere while I was there, there were huge groups of Koreans effectively taking over the place. Aside from this though the staff were very friendly and the location was excellent. Wasn't able to have a hot shower during the entire duration of my stay though.

Hotel price for average hostel. Check in hours stated online to be 9am-7pm, however when we arrived at 1530, there were no staff and a sign on the door stating they would return at 1700. Couldn't use game room because staff required to provide balls for fussball, etc. Loud party at the bar on new years day was unexpected. Could (should) have paid 30fr more for a nice hotel room closer to downtown.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I have stayed in many hostels but this is one is special because of its history and heritage. Very good place to stay in interlaken if travelling as a group. Hostel itself is well maintained and has a bar/club downstairs. it is good place for meeting fellow travellers from around the world. Hostel has a good relaxation rooms with antique furniture and also has indoor sports room. stay in this hostel very helpful in giving directions and getting taxi etc. Breakfast is basic but wholesome.

Thank you for the useful information to other guests, much appreciated, :-)