Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

The only thing I didn't like is the lockers..it's understandable you have to pay for them, but the fact they're so far way from the on really sucks. Other than that everything was awesome :)

The place itself was quite large, many different areas to hang out depending on what you want to do. Staff was very helpful when it came to activities in the area. Only downside was no lockers in the rooms, lockers were on the main floor and you had to pay

It was good but the disco is too loud at night, too much.

침대시트나 베게 카바를 자주 가는지 모르겠네요 제가 누었던 자리엔 뭐가 묻어있었어서 좀 별로였어요....잘때도 간지럽고 ㅜㅜ

Loved it! Had a really good time. Wonderful spa!

I think that somethings on the website were a little deceiving. For example it said private bathroom so we thought that meant our own bathroom but in reality it was sharing it with everyone on the floor. Everything was clean and there wasn't any kind of problems and the staff was super nice. Just the description was a little confusing. I also thought it was very generous of them to allow us to use their lockers even though we were checked out!

• 15th May 2015

Best hostel I have ever stayed at, would strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone. The staff are great, free breakfast is quite good, atmosphere is awesome as well; no complaints whatsoever!

Thank you for the amazing review, so happy to hear you had a great time!!!

Really good atmosphere. There is a patio/back yard area that's really nice. Has a decent breakfast with toast and yogurt that's included in the price. Bus pass is included in the price which is good. Bus is also right across the street for getting to Lauterbrunnen. Only thing that is bad about the place is the locker's. You have to pay for them every 24 hours and pretty pricey for large lockers, around 10 francs.

Wishing you safe travels, thank you for your review!

I really liked the overall vibe and character of the hostel. I didn't like that you have to pay for lockers but everything else was wonderful. The staff were super friendly and helpful, there was always stuff to do and it was a really fun place to stay!

Thanks for the review, we love that you found it always fun! We like to provide secure lockers with video surveillance as a lot of the rooms in the chalet are too small to fit lockers inside. Unfortunately when you provide this service it never comes free...would be nice though :-) .

I think you are paying more for the name of the hostel than you are for the quality. But either way we still had a good stay despite the bad weather!

• 2nd May 2015

Quiet, nice and clean. Staff was super sweet :)

Yey!! Our Staff are Sweet!! Thank you!

Balmer's has its own heritage in Interlaken and I was happy to stay there. A little different than other hostels, cozy atmosphere in the dorms and awesome chill places and a bumping bar underground at night. Had to pay for lockers though and a bit far from train stations. Don't pay extra for breakfast, go to a bakery for same price. I wish I had come in the summer when things really get going. But free foozball and ping pong and pool so hey I can't complain!

Thanks for the review and happy to hear you had a good time!

Great hostel! Super clean and had a good breakfast. Easy to locate as well!

Balmer's was nice and clean, and my bed was fairly comfortable. The hostel is set up a bit weird, my room was outside an area with four sinks, and you had to walk all the way down the hall and to the right for showers and restrooms. As well as the room didn't have lockers. All storage/lockers are outside and in another building. The other downside was the lack of charging ports at your bed. They are near the door. Otherwise it was great. The staff was friendly and the place was perfect for trip.

• 18th Apr 2015

PROS Good place. The staff were great and very helpful. Free breakfast is better than average. Great club right in the basement of the hostel that's filled with travelers and locals so you don't have to go far to find the party. CONS No lockers in the rooms. They had some all the way outside that you had to pay for which I thought was strange. Also they start closing off a lot of areas in the hostel at night to start directing you to the club which could be a problem if you want to chill.

Hello, Thanks for the great review! Glad you found the staff helpful, enjoyed the breakfast and partied in the club. Unfortunately as we are situated in a residential area the Swiss laws are very strict about noise levels after 22.00 pm so we encourage guests to go inside out of respect for them and the law..

Showers were horrible! Cold! One toilet for the whole floor. Breakfast was just bread and jam. The places closes from 12-5pm every day. You are unable to book things or have questions answered during that time. Reception isn't 24 hours so it's hard to get the deposit back for the key if you have to heave early. Staff was rude and unfriendly

Thank you for the review, we are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.During the off season our rception is closed in the afternoon due to low numbers of guests in the hostel between 12-5 pm - however it is open from 7-12 and again from 5-21 pm. the rest of the hostel is at your disposal with many recreational areas, free computers wifii etc. Our staff have always been coted the best friendliest staff so it saddens me to hear your found them otherwise :-( we hope you enjoy the rest of your

The facilities were great and we really enjoyed staying in the hostel. It's a really fun place to be with your friends. We truly had a great time playing foosball and pool. Everything is good to me, apart from the fact that the parking lot is a little bit far away from the hostel.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Hello, Thank you for the great review! Unfortunately we cannot do anything to improve the location of our parking, it is free but a 10 minute walk away on our other property. There is a public car park only 50 meters away if you want to avoid the walk...but then you need to pay..:-)

My first time staying at a Hostel and I was very happy with the stay The staff assistance us with traveling around and the set up of the facility Was very nice.

• 9th Apr 2015

Hello, So happy to hear your "first" hostel experience was a positive one! I wish you safe travels and lots of other positive experiences!

Extremely helpful staff. Well maintained, clean. Excellent wifi connection. Bar on site. Laundry onsite. Excellent breakfast. I definitely recommend it.

we hope to welcome you back! thank you for taking the time to review us!

Friendly and helpful staff Unfortuntale the walls seem to be made of paper, I could hear literally everything that the giggly teenagers in the room next door were saying. Not nice at all

Thank you for the review, we are sorry that you could hear other guests, unfortunately being a swiss chalet its build from wood and sound does travel. We offer free ear plugs at reception :-))