Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Hammock room is a great idea, perfect for travellers on a budget!

Staffs are very unkind.

Fantastic hostel for meeting awesome people. Reception has tons of info on excursions to book and they will book for you and you get picked up at the hostel. Outside area was great, hammocks and lounge chairs. Showers were awful (like camp showers) and rooms were very cramped and didn't have enough outlets for everyone. Also there was only one toilet for 5 or 6 rooms of people!! Overall, great if you want to have fun and meet people, if you're looking for luxury go somewhere else!

Not the best hostel

Definitely the place to stay for young travelers through Interlaken. Good party hostel with lots of activity. It is a little out of the way from what could be considered the main part of Interlaken, a strip of fancier hotels, but its a small town and one can walk everywhere or take the bus. The hostel is an easy walk from either train station Ost or West. The staff was very very helpful in recommending activities. I suggest doing research in advance in order to avoid some of the tourist traps.

Thanks for the nice review :-)

Seriously? A 10 franc deposit for a plastic key card? Why? It does not cost that much and it tied up 10% of my cash for my 2 day stay in Interlaken. I would not recommend Balmers to anyone I know for that reason alone, plus everything else was mediocre at best for the premium I was paying.

• 7th Jul 2015

Thank you for the review, actually they really do cost that much and why we ask for the deposit which of course we give back. We also accept Euros as a deposit which may have helped with your cash situation. Sorry you felt the hostel was mediocre I hope you have better luck in your future hostels.

Really liked Balamers!! Would stay here again

일단 인터라켄 자체에 한국인이 많아 호스텔 역시 거의 80%가 한국인이었다. 호스텔에서 외국인들이랑 얘기해보고 친해지고 싶으신 분들은 비추. 그냥 호스텔내 어딜가든 한국어가 들린다고 생각하면 된다. 그리고 오래된역사를 자랑한다고하는데 그만큼 시설도 오래됬다. 지하에는 클럽이있어서 밤늦게도 방이 계속 울리고 샤워 호스도 위에 매달려있는형식이라 불편하다. 관광세도 따로받고 세탁기도 건조기까지 돌리려면 10프랑에 세제마저 없으면 1프랑을 더 내서 리셉션에 사야한다. 한국인들이랑 많이 얘기하고 싶으신분들에겐 더할나위없이 좋은 분위기다! 그래도 스탭들은 친절하고 좋았다.

Booked on booking.coma nod accidentally booked the hammock room. It's a public area with hammocks. Terribly uncomfortable and there were people coming and going that weren't booked into the hostel that wanted a place to stay after coming out of the balmers nightclub. If you're 22 and want to party... This might be suitable. If you're any older and want a comfy bed with respectful guests... Probably not the place to book. Staff are nice. Tip- book the tent village up the road .. Same company.

We tried our best to accommodate you in what was available, unfortunately as we were full that was our only option. It does only cost 5 francs to be fair..our rooms are great here as well as in the Tent Village too :-)

The staff were great, the atmosphere and facilities were good although we would have liked fresh towels because we were on the top floor in the roof with only a skylight as a window with no proper windows to let air in.. And it was 32 degrees everyday and weren't able to cool our room down so we had to wet our towels with water to wear on us so we could sleep. I also got heatstroke & one bed got made and changed randomly.

Thank you for your review- the heat wave we experienced WAS crazy!!! On the 5th July it was the highest recorded temperature since the swiss meteo started recording it! Things have gone back to normal now. Reception would have been happy to supply you with two extra towels had you asked. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels and best thing againgst heatstroke...keep hydrated, drink lots of water :-)

Was a nice hostel to stay at. Very lively - good accommodations. Evening entertainment if clubbing is your scene. The shower stalls were really small and collected water in a silver bin outside of shower which was not fun to stand in while trying to get dressed after your shower finished. The room I was in was an interior 8-person room. The air conditioning was broken and with no windows facing outside, it got VERY hot.

I'm a solo female traveler and this place was an amazing stay! Very safe and I met some amazing people here because it's all around just great vibes. They even host activities to help everyone meet new people. Also, Interlaken is an incredible place in general. Great place, I cannot wait to go back!

• 1st Jul 2015

Yey for solo female travellers!! Glad to hear you felt safe and had a great time!

Absolutely incompetent staff, if I had listened to their advice my trip would have been ruined. Cold, not welcoming, slow, more interested in socializing with other staff than catering to clients. Eiger house 6, room 3 definitely has mold in it.

so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay, we will certainly look into room 6 and rectify the mold if we find it immediately. As for the staff, It really surprises me to hear them called incompetent, we really have very knowledgable and friendly staff and usually only have raving reviews about them- We wish you safe and happy travels.

Definitely had a camp feel to it. Super nice vibe. Even though the feel of the hostel should encourage some type of atmosphere I still felt it to be a bit distant. The location wasn't great but the hostel gives you free bus passes. I also took the funicular up to Harder Kulm and got 50% off because of the pass. Great value. Free breakfast was a plus. Showers were cold for me but maybe it was because I didn't know how to work it.

The ONLY hostel to stay in Interlaken! Great staff!! See you next year. Thanks again for a great hostel

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you!! Make sure you mail us to say you are coming back for a little treat!

A very noisy hostel, but a great location! It hasbuses to both train stations right out front and great places to eat surrounding it. a short walk to the main trip!! If you want to meet people this is the place to do it, but if you like your sleep and are a light sleeper this is not the place for you.

We had booked a 4 bed dorm a month in advance, but when we checked in they told us that we'd either have to split up or stay together in a 6 bed dorm. This was very annoying, especially since we were not discounted or apologized to for this mistake. The showers were far from our room, and a bit small and dirty. Other than that, really good atmosphere and fun place to stay at!

Balmers was such a fun place to stay. It was easy to make friends in the communal areas and with the nightly activities. Interlaken is a beautiful town and balmers made it even better. Thanks!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Very fun and lively hostel. Great place to meet people.

probably the best hostel i've stayed in so far (i'm quite a harsh reviewer who usually opts for 'good' for most items on the review list but i've rated this hostel 'excellent' for four items on this list so yeah) really chill hostel, nice rooms, comfy beds, good atmosphere (beer garden and hammock rooms and lots of places to meet new friends) and nice scenery. you can book a lot of activities like skydiving or paragliding or bungeejumping on site too. bathrooms are clean and wifi's good.

Thank you for your honest reviews .-)) we hope to welcome you back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5