Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Wouldn't be keen to stay there when full with toilets in the corridors - staff fantastic and very knowledgeable - location not great BUT you get a free bus ticket - buses every 30 mins from outside hostel to Ost station - instructions from station not that clear - had to ask on the way - most people know this hostel

Balmers is a great hostel to stay at! The staff are so kind and amazing!!!

• 14th Oct 2014

Big place, no locker in my room though. I stayed on a Monday and Tuesday and was pretty empty, Would be lots of fun when busy

Nice place to go. They even have a "night club" underground. We were not disturbed at all by the nose from our room.

• 11th Oct 2014

Showers and bathrooms were not the cleanest and freshest ones I have seen in my life but in general my hostel experience at Balmers was good. Another minus is the equipment in the rooms: no reading lamps, no wall plugs near the beds, only by the door and also the beds/floor were actually quite "noisy", but these issues can be easily fixed by a pair of earplugs. In addition, the "high-speed" wifi was at least during my stay very slow. Linens and breakfast included a big plus!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Nice hostel, easy to find and the stuff are very friendly. Only thing is a little bit far from the train station and downtown centre.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff. The room was large and clean. I did not expect to have breakfast included in the rate, neither the bus ticket (even though we did not use it). That was a nice surprise.

• 27th Sep 2014

Stayed in a double room for couples, nice, clean and quiet while we were there. Staff excellent.

Had a blast! It was amazing! Best hostel we stayed at in Europe!!

• 24th Sep 2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this location. Doesn't matter if you are a college kid, a couple, single adult, etc.. You will have a great experience at Balmers.

Thanks you for the great review! We hope to welcome you back!

shower facilities not good and not that clean. doesn't have bed sheets so travelers probably just pass on what's on their clothes once they sleep on the beds... lockers available, not free but they seem secure though. doesn't offer free luggage storage after check-out so have to rent the lockers instead. other parts are really good though. can't complain. love the music room.

Thank you for the reviews, we are in the process of updating our shower facilities with more modern ones. All our beds have fitted sheets and a douver, if you are not used to this style I can understand why you would think there was no sheet. Apart from the coin operated lockers we also have luggage racks where you can leave your belongings too. Very happy to hear you enjoyed the music room with our two pianos and guittares that guests can use :-)

Bar is amazing, Staff is amazing, party atmosphere is through the roof! Top 5 hostels in europe for a reason. MUST STAY!!

• 19th Sep 2014

So happy to hear you had a blast! Living the dream I see...

I had an amazing time! The staff was super helpful and the people I met there were wonderful! The environment is friendly and feels safe! Awesome time, I will most defiantly be recommending to other people.

• 18th Sep 2014

Thank you for the great review, wishing you safe journeys!

This was my first experience at a hostel and it was amazing. Any question I had at any time, the staff was super helpful. There is a bus station across the street, the place is cleaned for 2 hours every day and smells very clean, the beds were comfortable...no complaints whatsoever.

• 13th Sep 2014

Happy to hear your first experience in a hostel was a positive one!

Such a small space for a 6 female dorm. No lockers in the room and no space for luggage. In fact I ended up stuffing everything into a corner. They do have lockers in the first floor. Staff is friendly and helpful and kitchen is great.

The place is very good and well located, i dont have any complaints

The room was clean and big, but the bathroom and toilet was not good. The bathroom had no hot water, in the end we couldn't shower in the cold water. Rooms were not soundproof, we could hear drunk guests shouting. It was like there was an elephant beside us and a chimpanzee above us. The staff was helpful in giving us advise on how to get to Jungfraujoch.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

I really enjoyed staying at Balmers. Comfortable, good services, great atmosphere and friendly people. I do recommend this Hostel.

Thank you for staying at Balmers and for the great review!

The hostel was a fun place to be, with its own bar and lots going on and a good atmosphere. Security was not so great - there were no lockers in the rooms, just some you had to pay by the hour for. It is located about 20 mins walk from each of the train stations. The staff were all friendly if you had any questions. The cleanliness of the rooms is good, but the bathrooms are not so good - the shower next to our room didn't drain well so it was full of water with hair floating in it.

Good hostel, bit of a walk from town but good for getting up to the mountains.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We are situated a short 15 minute walk from either train stations however there are regular local busses (we provide you with a free bus pass for the duration of your stay) and taxis too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7