Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Far away from the train station with no public transportation nearby. Can check in at night but they don't accept payment after 9pm I think and you strictly have keep your passport as collateral. Although nothing happened to my passport this kind of arrangement is very strange and unusual. If you're looking for a good time at night then this is the place to be because they have a very lively dance place in the basement. However not the place if you want a good night's sleep after a tiring day.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • niraj08gerrard
  • India

Balmers Kimchi house too many koreans

It's too far from Interlaken OST, and here is full of Korean.

This hostel is a crazy warren of rooms and floors - fun to figure out! The staff is incredibly helpful, kind, enthusiastic, and patient. The group spaces are terrific inside and out, except for the inadequate kitchen. The rooms - okay, MY 6-bed female room - had no hooks, tables, shelves, or any place else to put our stuff, and the floor very quickly got full. I liked having a sink in the room. Showers were push-button but could be convinced to stay on longer. View was WOW! World Cup final fun!

한국인이 정말 많아서 지리산 펜션에 엠티 온 느낌이 든다 시설,위치,스탶친절도 다 좋음!!!!

Legendary.

My partner & I had a great stay at Balmers! We had a private room w/ a shared kitchen/bathroom. We really appreciated the vast amount of space & had only 1 night when our neighbours who were a bit noisy. Other than that, we were happy with the cleanliness & quiet of the hostel! We also were so impressed with the day staff: when rain dampened all our alpine plans, two of the women offered up excellent day-trip alternatives that became highlights of our trip. Thank you! Erica & Alex, Rm 54

• 8th Jul 2014

Balmers is my favorite hostel. My friend reccommended it and I'm so glad that she did. The entire place is the ideal hostel, you can't ask for any better.

Thank you for the rocking review! Look forward to welcoming yo again!

Locker is not in bed room.

Stayed at balmers in the private room for 1 week. I had my own key so leaving valuables in the room was no problem at all. The hostel was a 15 minute walk from interlaken ost so if it rains, prepare to get wet! Both outdoor interlaken and alpinraft are just around the corner but you can book activities directly at reception. All staff are very welcoming and were happy to answer any questions. I travelled alone but ended up meeting some amazing people so no issues with staying here again.

• 5th Jul 2014

방음이야 현대식건물이 아니니 그렇다치는데 샤워실 온수도 제대로 안나오고 , 부엌에는 파리가 들끓고, 씻는 것도 불편하고 그냥 스탭 빼고는 최악.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

리뷰 써주셔서 감사합니다. 안타깝게도 저희 호스텔은 농장지대와 인접해 있어 여름에 많은 파리들이 들어온답니다. 파리 끈끈이와 스프레이등 가능한 모든 방법을 사용하지만 파리가 계속 들어와요... Thank you for your review, unfortunately being in a farming area and surrounded by nature this does attract flys too and although we spray and have strips in the kitchen sometimes they still get in..

Very convenient, lots of fun people. Party got very rowdy until 4AM though, which kept me up. Staff was also not as helpful as at most other hostels. They didn't seem to know much about any activities other than the expensive ones they sell to you.

Very goooood!!!

There were flies all over the place. Other than that, the place was great!

I'd definitely stay here again. The staff were all great even when I overheard them dealing with some impossible people and situations. They went out of their way several times to make sure the customers were happy. Excellent location close to busses and walking distance to both train stations if you are just carrying a backpack.

• 1st Jul 2014

Good area for travelling. sometimes too many koreans are there. you have to understand that! :) That place is so famous for koreans. Interlaken is best place to go for Korean. So many korean and other Asians are visiting there. A kind of Dream! this hostel is good for staying. But breakfast's coffee is not real coffee. Just Instant coffee. But other things are good to me!

We planned on staying here 2 nights but ended up staying 6. This place was our favourite hostel in Europe so far, the staff were amazing! They helped us out so much with places to go and were all really friendly, and made us feel at home. Having a bar upstairs serving food for cheep prices, and having a club down stares was great. We met lots of cool people at Balmers and I would definitely recommend this hostel to all of our friends!

We loved having you here too!! :-)

Best. Hostel. Ever. Will come back, thank you balmers!!!

Our pleasure! Thank you for visiting us!

The staff was very helpful with suggesting/planning activities.

Our stay at your hotel was ok. Price/Value is fine. We just needed the hostel to sleep there and did not have a closer look to it. That is why I can’t give you a detailed report about your hostel. There was just something I was a bit unhappy about. We knew in adavance that there would be shared bathrooms and showers at your hostel. But the shower room was so small that I could not even find a place to leave my clothes inside. And also the door oft he shower was broken that I could not close

• 27th Jun 2014