Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

I had an amazing time! The staff was super helpful and the people I met there were wonderful! The environment is friendly and feels safe! Awesome time, I will most defiantly be recommending to other people.

• 18th Sep 2014

Thank you for the great review, wishing you safe journeys!

This was my first experience at a hostel and it was amazing. Any question I had at any time, the staff was super helpful. There is a bus station across the street, the place is cleaned for 2 hours every day and smells very clean, the beds were comfortable...no complaints whatsoever.

• 13th Sep 2014

Happy to hear your first experience in a hostel was a positive one!

Such a small space for a 6 female dorm. No lockers in the room and no space for luggage. In fact I ended up stuffing everything into a corner. They do have lockers in the first floor. Staff is friendly and helpful and kitchen is great.

The place is very good and well located, i dont have any complaints

The room was clean and big, but the bathroom and toilet was not good. The bathroom had no hot water, in the end we couldn't shower in the cold water. Rooms were not soundproof, we could hear drunk guests shouting. It was like there was an elephant beside us and a chimpanzee above us. The staff was helpful in giving us advise on how to get to Jungfraujoch.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

I really enjoyed staying at Balmers. Comfortable, good services, great atmosphere and friendly people. I do recommend this Hostel.

Thank you for staying at Balmers and for the great review!

The hostel was a fun place to be, with its own bar and lots going on and a good atmosphere. Security was not so great - there were no lockers in the rooms, just some you had to pay by the hour for. It is located about 20 mins walk from each of the train stations. The staff were all friendly if you had any questions. The cleanliness of the rooms is good, but the bathrooms are not so good - the shower next to our room didn't drain well so it was full of water with hair floating in it.

Good hostel, bit of a walk from town but good for getting up to the mountains.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We are situated a short 15 minute walk from either train stations however there are regular local busses (we provide you with a free bus pass for the duration of your stay) and taxis too.

Although there is a bus stop in front of the hostel, the buses' schedule is only till 7pm, after that, i have to walk from the train station for 25mins. Overall, it is of value to stay.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • China

little noisy and uncomportable bed. :-( wifi is good..

• 28th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Very friendly and helpful staff. Easy to set up excursions and activities. Awesome environment!

• 24th Aug 2014

A confortable hostel for backpackers located in a place a bit far from station (15 min walk) a lot of korean and asian people which will give an advantage to them. The sound isolation system is not so perfect so you will hear your neighbours easily during the days and our room was just adjacent to the men WC, bravo! The rest are okay, the staffs are nice and helpful, the breakfast is free, which is not normal in interlaken, in spite of quality, it is quite appreciable to enjoy the stay here.

Good hostel, well located not because of the train station but yes because it has its own club inside where everyone goes. But the experience was good!

We got great recommendations from the staff, which was really helpful seeing as it was a pretty cloudy/rainy day and it wasn't obvious what to do. Balmer's had a very good location in terms of getting to the smaller mountain villages via public transportation, even though it was in a relatively unexciting area itself. The breakfast provided was great for ease, but it was pretty average in quality. Overall, though, we had a great time and it was the best hostel for it's worth to stay at!

• 23rd Aug 2014

Balmers staff were very helpful with activity suggestions. The rooms were clean. I loved that they had hammocks for guests to use in the courtyard area. The one suggestion I would make is to have more outlets to charge electronics in each room. I was in an 8 bed room and there were 7 outlet plugs. It took some negotiating with roommates and using a splitter had with me to charge our phones, cameras, and iPads.

Awesome staff and people. Room and showers are very basic, but def the most fun I have had us while staying at this hostel.

Basic rooms and facilities but amazing people, staff and a great time. I would definitely recommend staying there especially to solo travelers who would like to meet nice people to chat with

everything is of good quality, but just one reminder: there are many Korean living in this hostel and they would probably be your roommate if you choose a large room. As Korean girls (not knowing about boys) go to bed early, like lying on the bed and ready to sleep at 11pm, so it can be very troublesome if you want to stay up late and do your own stuff inside the room. Apart from this, everything is fine to me :DD the location, the environment and the room~

Lovely hostel in ideal place.

Hostel is pretty nice but not a great value for your money. Breakfast was not good