Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Good place for backpackers. The parking was very far away.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Romania

Although our Free parking is situated 800 meters from the Hostel (a free bus card is also given if you dont want to walk the 10 minutes...) there is also a Public car park 40 meters from the hostel.

GREAT service! Staff provided discount cards for free bus access as well as directions to anywhere we planned to visit. Nice change to have a HOT shower instead of something barely lukewarm. Also VERY nice to have lockers onsite where we could access our things multiple times a day without having to pay a new fee every time we opened the locker. They had a computer available for communal use; VERY convenient for downloading camera memory cards.

• 9th Oct 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to review us in so much detail, happy to hear you had a wonderful stay, and wish you many happy travels!

Super fun hostel. The staff and atmosphere is very chill. We went in October, so it wasn't very crowded. It was very clean, mattresses were surprisingly good. No bed bugs or anything like that. Staff was super helpful, and gave us lots of advice on what to do in Interlaken. Only complaint was one night our ceiling leaked, but we told the staff, and the next day someone was looking at it. I would still go back.

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review! Safe travels.

awesome place. absolutely recommended.

showers were destroyed ....leaks everywhere ... very basic breakfast : It was difficult to get a hot chocolate milk ... no chocolate and no microwave oven ...

• 5th Oct 2015

Was very quiet on Sunday in off season so there wasn't a great atmosphere but the place itself is great

It was great! Meeting Mr. Balmer was icing on the cake! Perfect location!

• 3rd Oct 2015

Cool atmosphere, but be prepared to hear everything happening throughout the hostel and outside! Walls are thin and it has a bit of a "treehouse" feel. One 6-outlet power-strip per room. Showers are not great (the push kind) and do not stay warm long. Standard free breakfast. Exceptionally friendly staff who will help you to plan excursions and activities. Didn't LOVE the amenities (not horrible), but it is set in a cute area of town with nice shops and restaurants all in walking distance.

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, facilities available (rental lockers, kitchen, etc.). The location was good- walking distance from main Interlaken attractions.

• 30th Sep 2015

This was my second time staying at Balmers, both in the off season/fall. I LOVE it. One of my favorite hostels for sure. It has so much character & history and the staff are awesome. I love the comfy pillows and big blankets. No lockers but always felt completely safe. Super easy to book activities. Overall great vibe, great people, and I want to come back again in the summer and winter to be there when it's busier!

We would absolutely love to have you back, if you come in the winter make sure you come over the weekends as those are always very busy and lots of atmosphere! June, July and August are the best times in summer for a party time!

Really enjoyed our stay at Balmers Herberge. It is a quirky little hostel located away from the main strip in Interlaken with lots of food etc located nearby and a bus stop right near the Hostel. The staff were really helpful and whole vibe of the place was great.

Happy to hear you loved your stay!

This hostel was awesome, everyone coming in and out of here were super chill and nice. The staff were super helpful and friendly! Would definitely recommend

while the showers were a little unclean and the rooms had difficult power strips to use in the rooms (there should be more outlets and closer to peoples beds), I had a fantastic experience there with all the people I met, and the very polite and helpful staff members.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Many thanks for the review, as you may have noticed Balmers is in 3 very old Swiss Chalet style buildings and the electrics only allow enough power to have one strip in each room. We thank you for your patience in this!

really nice hostel. blue water comes out of the toilet when you flush

ha ha...thats disinfectant :-)

Super expensive... But normal for Switzerland :-/ luxury hostel... Stacks of facilities. 15min walk to the station. This hostel has just abt everything. But for the price it well and truly should.

Great place

Best hostel EVER. staff super friendly and helpful. Great rooms, no lockers in the room though, they're downstairs and you have to pay to use them. But other than that its perfect. Make sure you ask about the HOT TUB and hammock room! They have great amenities but didn't really talk about it to much unless you asked

Thank you for the ROCKING REVIEW full of info to help other clients ! I will be sure to remind reception staff to tell everyone about our other facilities!

Came here mid week during September, and the place was dead. I heard the place was amazing, and by the looks of it, I'm sure it can be, however it was only disappointing shab and bare bones for me. Quiet, sleepy and blah. Staff was mostly uninterested in helping, and the vibe was passing time for the next rush.

so sorry it was so quiet for you, we would love to welcome you back in our peak season! Most travellers at this time of year come to do autumn hiking so are mostly out during the day.

Well, I'm a swiss backpacker who gets old. However I m super proud to see what Balmers offers to you fellow mates from all over the world. This place is incredible, la PERFECTION swiss made. Interlaken and Jungfrau are amazing. Come on

Awesome that you loved it! Please contact us direct if you wish to come again, we would love to welcome you back at . And by the way...all ages are always welcome :-)

My friends and I had a great stay at Balmers Herberge in Interlaken. We were pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast, Interlaken bus passes, and free beers at the downstairs club. Depending on where your room is located, there may be a bit of noise from the club, but nothing unmanageable. The beds and bedding were very nice and the reception was helpful and friendly. Great location and super charming!

• 19th Sep 2015

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, happy to hear you had a great time!