Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Andy was excellent, great staff and beding

The rooms were very nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Great place to stay, by far the best staff I have experienced, to include a few 3-4 star hotels I have been to in Europe. The only downside was the restlessness I experienced trying to get to sleep with the loud music at the facility. It stayed on until 2AM. Probably the only reason I am scared to stay there again.

• 18th Oct 2014

Wouldn't be keen to stay there when full with toilets in the corridors - staff fantastic and very knowledgeable - location not great BUT you get a free bus ticket - buses every 30 mins from outside hostel to Ost station - instructions from station not that clear - had to ask on the way - most people know this hostel

Balmers was an amazing experience! The staff was for the most part extremely helpful and friendly! Unfortunately we went in the off season, which we did not know occured really. It was a little bit expensive, but the facilities were clean and it was apparent when the hostel was full it was an amazing experience for everyone who stayed!

Balmers is a great hostel to stay at! The staff are so kind and amazing!!!

• 14th Oct 2014

Big place, no locker in my room though. I stayed on a Monday and Tuesday and was pretty empty, Would be lots of fun when busy

Great hostel. Stayed in one of the attic rooms. Bit of a challenge with the skylight having no curtains and people from the higher floors being able to look in. Thankfully those rooms were unoccupied when we were there. Get some curtains. Other than that a great place to stay... very lively. It's better to get off at Interlaken West station rather than at Interlaken OST. Bit far from the stations to walk with luggage, but busses (205 from West and 204 from OST) every half hour.

Nice place to go. They even have a "night club" underground. We were not disturbed at all by the nose from our room.

• 11th Oct 2014

Showers and bathrooms were not the cleanest and freshest ones I have seen in my life but in general my hostel experience at Balmers was good. Another minus is the equipment in the rooms: no reading lamps, no wall plugs near the beds, only by the door and also the beds/floor were actually quite "noisy", but these issues can be easily fixed by a pair of earplugs. In addition, the "high-speed" wifi was at least during my stay very slow. Linens and breakfast included a big plus!

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Finland

Nice hostel, easy to find and the stuff are very friendly. Only thing is a little bit far from the train station and downtown centre.

1 2 Next » last »