Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Rooms got a little too warm at night for comfort. Opening a window wasn't practical with the street noise but if you let the rooms cool down it would be fine. This was in early March. Could not purchase breakfast as they had run out of food by 9am.

too noisy,not safe

It was really lucky that my friend and I were only people in 4 mixed room. Everything was fine as its reputation but it's a bit creepy because it was like nobody in the whole hostel except us.

not many people

It was walkable from the hostel to the station. Soooooo nice staffs. Kitchen was very useful. The bar that opens at night was so fun, I would like to go there again.

We would love to have you back again!

Best hostel to stay in interlaken

Yey!! Thank you! You rock!

Brilliant place, lovely people.

• 7th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Personally I can't see why this hostel has such a high reputation. Terrible atmosphere while I was there, there were huge groups of Koreans effectively taking over the place. Aside from this though the staff were very friendly and the location was excellent. Wasn't able to have a hot shower during the entire duration of my stay though.

Hotel price for average hostel. Check in hours stated online to be 9am-7pm, however when we arrived at 1530, there were no staff and a sign on the door stating they would return at 1700. Couldn't use game room because staff required to provide balls for fussball, etc. Loud party at the bar on new years day was unexpected. Could (should) have paid 30fr more for a nice hotel room closer to downtown.

• 2nd Jan 2015

I have stayed in many hostels but this is one is special because of its history and heritage. Very good place to stay in interlaken if travelling as a group. Hostel itself is well maintained and has a bar/club downstairs. it is good place for meeting fellow travellers from around the world. Hostel has a good relaxation rooms with antique furniture and also has indoor sports room. stay in this hostel very helpful in giving directions and getting taxi etc. Breakfast is basic but wholesome.

Thank you for the useful information to other guests, much appreciated, :-)

This hostel was pretty good. Rooms were really clean and nice, common areas good and great breakfast! The showers weren't good - one was really dark, another was cold, the third was okay but there was a space through to the next shower and the water only goes for a few seconds, you have to keep pressing a button to make it keep going. It was a bit weird that the toilets were at one end of the floor and you had to walk around and down the corridor to get to the basins! Kitchen a bit messy too.

Cozy place to stay during Christmas time. I booked a 10 bed dorm room and ended up having 2 nights to myself and 3 nights with 2 other people. I could imagine it would be a tight squeeze if the room was filled... No lockers in the room; you can pay for some around the building which I didn't like. Breakfast included. The weather was cold and the rooms were appropriately heated. Showers have nozzle timers- I hate those. Not enough outlets and in awkward place in room. Overall, nice hostel.

Good: staff were helpful, somewhat cheap for Switzerland, breakfast was pretty good, beds were comfy, all around clean, wifi in rooms Okay: showers, no lockers in room, bathroom was a bit old

The hostel is good located not far away from the train stations. The staff's very friendly and willingly to suggest activities and places to go near Interlaken. The building is pretty old, so rooms don't look so well maintained and clean, shower facilities could be improved a lot. It also has a lot of other facilities for entertaining activities, but I think they're more useful during summer. Breakfast is very poor. It has a club that gets full of people from the town. Overrall I recommend it :)

Not bad entirely but shower room was bad.

Thank you for the review, we have noted your dislike of the showers and are in the process of budgeting for new ones in the new year, we hope to welcome you back and show you the new ones!

1 2 Next » last »