Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Force you downstairs at night into their bar. Good hostel, decent rooms.

Simply love the feel of this place. Very lively and homely! Staff there were friendly and always ready to help. Loved my room facing the street.

This wasn't the cleanest hostel I've ever been to, and the bathroom/shower situation is a bit strange (toilets, showers, and sinks all in separate places) but it was one of the best for meeting people and making friends (most Americans I've seen in any hostel). The atmosphere is young and lively, and they've got one of the only two bars in town downstairs. Less than a ten minute walk to the Main Street (everything in Interlaken is pretty close), so you can't go wrong with location.

poor location very noisy because of club.....

Some of the reviews on here complain so much! Seriously, this place is great! Beds great, bathrooms clean. Not too far away from train station - everything in the town is pretty close anyways. Best thing about it was the atmosphere though! Has great social spaces to meet people, made so many new friends here in only one night. Kitchen facilities are great. And has a cool bier garden and club downstairs which goes off! One of the best hostels i've stayed in :)

Fun and cosy hostel, informative and friendly reception! Would love to come back!

It will be helpful if there is a map to the Hostel location from the Interlaken Station East and West. The direction given in the website is not clear. We also discover only later that there is a bus from each station to the Hostel. One of the staff that checked in another guest was friendly and helpful but not the staff that checked me in. Had to ask her questions instead of she providing me with the information.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Balmers was a perfect hostel for young people traveling across Europe. The rooms have a nice mountain-cabin feel and all of the staff is incredibly friendly. The underground club is pretty popular for a city as small as Interlaken. I'd recommend this hostel any day.

• 18th Jun 2014

This is a good place to stay in interlaken. I liked the downstairs area and the outdoor patio. staff have me good knowledge. I did not like how expensive everything was at the hostel. Also, I had the worst sleeping arrangement. I was put up in a loft that I had to access via a ladder. There was no place for my bag there. Also I basically shared a bed with someone as my mattress was on the floor and six inches from the next person. They shouldn't cram people like that! No space in the room

The hostel was alot of fun.... It was a good time and we met alot of people. Definitely a little party area, but not too loud. You will meet alot of people here. The breakfast is good because they had the choice of the free breakfast or if you wanted eggs, it was a little more :) The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were clean. Just expensive but it is Switzerland

Far from the train station and the signs are not enough. The room and breakfast are good. The environment is good. The kitchen is too small and there is not enough place for dinner. Good to have free access computer access.

Do not count on breakfast. Several times breakfast items were not available. Staff, in general, are very helpful and friendly

• 15th Jun 2014

Balmers lives up to its reputation of being the perfect place to meet other backpackers from all over and offering great facilities that make the stay really enjoyable. We cooked dinner there,, had easy access to booking excursions and the whole space feels very welcoming. Would stay there again in a heartbeat

• 15th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back!

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you want a comfortable stay in Interlaken, Balmers is the perfect place to go. They had so much information about all the activities around the town. I was really impressed with all the events going around the hostel too, such as the bar-with a great bartender-, the World Cup viewing and much more. Great rooms. The hostel was difficult to find with the directions we were given from Interlaken Ost, but we still found it.

Awesome facilities!!! One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

The last bus from OST to Balmers is about 18:00 which is too early. The walking distance is crazy if you are carring luggage and there is no lift. The clubbing is quite noisy at night. Pantry is avaliable and the facilities are OK.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

no lockers. you have to pay 5 euros a day which is ridiculous. the bar was empty both nights, but probably because linkin park was in town. overall a pretty good hostel and met some cool people

We enjoying staying this place as we could see Jungfrau from our window in room 53, We booked a private twin apartment . The place is clear and perfect .Going down to Interlaken OST by bus no. 104 is excellent. I would recommend this place to anyone even including my family members in the near future.

we look forward to welcoming them too, happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Totally disappointed. My bed had bugs. The bathrooms were perpetually dirty. The breakfast was of the worst kinds I've had in any hostel. Not even juice.

At night there was a lots of noise with music in the front yard. Staff did not take care of noisy. I could not sleep well. There was not provided hot water at the show in the morning.

• 8th Jun 2014