Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

The staff was very helpful with suggesting/planning activities.

Great hostel and helpful staff for organising day trips. Good beer garden, only downside no lockers.

Our stay at your hotel was ok. Price/Value is fine. We just needed the hostel to sleep there and did not have a closer look to it. That is why I can’t give you a detailed report about your hostel. There was just something I was a bit unhappy about. We knew in adavance that there would be shared bathrooms and showers at your hostel. But the shower room was so small that I could not even find a place to leave my clothes inside. And also the door oft he shower was broken that I could not close

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

시설은 나쁘지 않음 단점은 위치상 좀 역하고 먼 느낌입니다. 분위기는 외국인들과 친해질 용기가 있으면 나쁘지 않음 한국인들 많음 클럽이 있어서 좋을 수도 있지만 밤에 좀 시끄러움

The location is very far from the train station. There are bus but the schedule is limited. It will be better if the guest kitchen is bigger. There were crowded of guests cooking together in the evening. I like the free internet they provide. Anyway the management of the hostel is good and staff is professional.

Laundry was very expensive and showers were seriously awkward to use (pump every five seconds for water). The breakfast was not as expected as it was only oats, bread, and coffee. The rest of the facilities were incredible however, loved the games room, the beer garden (happy hour was a great touch), and the staff was very helpful. Would stay again.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Force you downstairs at night into their bar. Good hostel, decent rooms.

Simply love the feel of this place. Very lively and homely! Staff there were friendly and always ready to help. Loved my room facing the street.

This wasn't the cleanest hostel I've ever been to, and the bathroom/shower situation is a bit strange (toilets, showers, and sinks all in separate places) but it was one of the best for meeting people and making friends (most Americans I've seen in any hostel). The atmosphere is young and lively, and they've got one of the only two bars in town downstairs. Less than a ten minute walk to the Main Street (everything in Interlaken is pretty close), so you can't go wrong with location.

poor location very noisy because of club.....

Some of the reviews on here complain so much! Seriously, this place is great! Beds great, bathrooms clean. Not too far away from train station - everything in the town is pretty close anyways. Best thing about it was the atmosphere though! Has great social spaces to meet people, made so many new friends here in only one night. Kitchen facilities are great. And has a cool bier garden and club downstairs which goes off! One of the best hostels i've stayed in :)

Fun and cosy hostel, informative and friendly reception! Would love to come back!

It will be helpful if there is a map to the Hostel location from the Interlaken Station East and West. The direction given in the website is not clear. We also discover only later that there is a bus from each station to the Hostel. One of the staff that checked in another guest was friendly and helpful but not the staff that checked me in. Had to ask her questions instead of she providing me with the information.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

Balmers was a perfect hostel for young people traveling across Europe. The rooms have a nice mountain-cabin feel and all of the staff is incredibly friendly. The underground club is pretty popular for a city as small as Interlaken. I'd recommend this hostel any day.

• 18th Jun 2014

This is a good place to stay in interlaken. I liked the downstairs area and the outdoor patio. staff have me good knowledge. I did not like how expensive everything was at the hostel. Also, I had the worst sleeping arrangement. I was put up in a loft that I had to access via a ladder. There was no place for my bag there. Also I basically shared a bed with someone as my mattress was on the floor and six inches from the next person. They shouldn't cram people like that! No space in the room

The hostel was alot of fun.... It was a good time and we met alot of people. Definitely a little party area, but not too loud. You will meet alot of people here. The breakfast is good because they had the choice of the free breakfast or if you wanted eggs, it was a little more :) The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were clean. Just expensive but it is Switzerland

Far from the train station and the signs are not enough. The room and breakfast are good. The environment is good. The kitchen is too small and there is not enough place for dinner. Good to have free access computer access.

Do not count on breakfast. Several times breakfast items were not available. Staff, in general, are very helpful and friendly

• 15th Jun 2014

Balmers lives up to its reputation of being the perfect place to meet other backpackers from all over and offering great facilities that make the stay really enjoyable. We cooked dinner there,, had easy access to booking excursions and the whole space feels very welcoming. Would stay there again in a heartbeat

• 15th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back!

By far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. If you want a comfortable stay in Interlaken, Balmers is the perfect place to go. They had so much information about all the activities around the town. I was really impressed with all the events going around the hostel too, such as the bar-with a great bartender-, the World Cup viewing and much more. Great rooms. The hostel was difficult to find with the directions we were given from Interlaken Ost, but we still found it.