Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Loved the Hostel, only complaint is the bike storage stated in the description is just an outdoors bike rack.

Noisy but great hostel. Cool atmosphere.

• 26th Jul 2014

Alll things were good

Excellent hostel with nice facilities and a helpful staff. The universal power outlets in the rooms are a nice touch. Good breakfast and location as well!

I can get the free bus ticket it was good. And the toilet, shower facility were divided so good

Wonderful hostel! Great location with a helpful staff. Only thing that could improve would be the kitchen closing later at night.

Balmers - stayed here back in 2011, had the absolute best time of my life at this exact hostel. Came back here a few years later, and... well, it feels like this hostel has lost it's magic over the past few years. The dirty and usually soaking wet bathrooms and showers were crowded with lines of rude people pushing and shoving every morning, the bar and club were totally empty at night, and the rooms were filled with people who didn't want to chat with you. Nice hostel, but a changed one.

Great establishment that you can tell has done this for a while! Friendly staff who are happy to help. Pretty clean but a bit older facility. Appeared to be pretty young crowd overall, which is good. However if you are a solo traveller a bit older - there weren't many other solo travellers. Location from train is about 10-15 min walk. It's not in the main area and when walking home at night, the road can be a bit desolate but don't let that deter you! Would go back.

Far away from the train station with no public transportation nearby. Can check in at night but they don't accept payment after 9pm I think and you strictly have keep your passport as collateral. Although nothing happened to my passport this kind of arrangement is very strange and unusual. If you're looking for a good time at night then this is the place to be because they have a very lively dance place in the basement. However not the place if you want a good night's sleep after a tiring day.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • niraj08gerrard
  • India

Balmers Kimchi house too many koreans

It's too far from Interlaken OST, and here is full of Korean.

Lots of small rooms and easy to get lost. Looks very popular.

This hostel is a crazy warren of rooms and floors - fun to figure out! The staff is incredibly helpful, kind, enthusiastic, and patient. The group spaces are terrific inside and out, except for the inadequate kitchen. The rooms - okay, MY 6-bed female room - had no hooks, tables, shelves, or any place else to put our stuff, and the floor very quickly got full. I liked having a sink in the room. Showers were push-button but could be convinced to stay on longer. View was WOW! World Cup final fun!

한국인이 정말 많아서 지리산 펜션에 엠티 온 느낌이 든다 시설,위치,스탶친절도 다 좋음!!!!

Legendary.

My partner & I had a great stay at Balmers! We had a private room w/ a shared kitchen/bathroom. We really appreciated the vast amount of space & had only 1 night when our neighbours who were a bit noisy. Other than that, we were happy with the cleanliness & quiet of the hostel! We also were so impressed with the day staff: when rain dampened all our alpine plans, two of the women offered up excellent day-trip alternatives that became highlights of our trip. Thank you! Erica & Alex, Rm 54

• 8th Jul 2014

Balmers is my favorite hostel. My friend reccommended it and I'm so glad that she did. The entire place is the ideal hostel, you can't ask for any better.

Thank you for the rocking review! Look forward to welcoming yo again!

Locker is not in bed room.

Stayed at balmers in the private room for 1 week. I had my own key so leaving valuables in the room was no problem at all. The hostel was a 15 minute walk from interlaken ost so if it rains, prepare to get wet! Both outdoor interlaken and alpinraft are just around the corner but you can book activities directly at reception. All staff are very welcoming and were happy to answer any questions. I travelled alone but ended up meeting some amazing people so no issues with staying here again.

• 5th Jul 2014

방음이야 현대식건물이 아니니 그렇다치는데 샤워실 온수도 제대로 안나오고 , 부엌에는 파리가 들끓고, 씻는 것도 불편하고 그냥 스탭 빼고는 최악.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

리뷰 써주셔서 감사합니다. 안타깝게도 저희 호스텔은 농장지대와 인접해 있어 여름에 많은 파리들이 들어온답니다. 파리 끈끈이와 스프레이등 가능한 모든 방법을 사용하지만 파리가 계속 들어와요... Thank you for your review, unfortunately being in a farming area and surrounded by nature this does attract flys too and although we spray and have strips in the kitchen sometimes they still get in..