Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

Definitely had a camp feel to it. Super nice vibe. Even though the feel of the hostel should encourage some type of atmosphere I still felt it to be a bit distant. The location wasn't great but the hostel gives you free bus passes. I also took the funicular up to Harder Kulm and got 50% off because of the pass. Great value. Free breakfast was a plus. Showers were cold for me but maybe it was because I didn't know how to work it.

The ONLY hostel to stay in Interlaken! Great staff!! See you next year. Thanks again for a great hostel

• 26th Jun 2015

Thank you!! Make sure you mail us to say you are coming back for a little treat!

A very noisy hostel, but a great location! It hasbuses to both train stations right out front and great places to eat surrounding it. a short walk to the main trip!! If you want to meet people this is the place to do it, but if you like your sleep and are a light sleeper this is not the place for you.

We had booked a 4 bed dorm a month in advance, but when we checked in they told us that we'd either have to split up or stay together in a 6 bed dorm. This was very annoying, especially since we were not discounted or apologized to for this mistake. The showers were far from our room, and a bit small and dirty. Other than that, really good atmosphere and fun place to stay at!

Balmers was such a fun place to stay. It was easy to make friends in the communal areas and with the nightly activities. Interlaken is a beautiful town and balmers made it even better. Thanks!

• 23rd Jun 2015

Very fun and lively hostel. Great place to meet people.

probably the best hostel i've stayed in so far (i'm quite a harsh reviewer who usually opts for 'good' for most items on the review list but i've rated this hostel 'excellent' for four items on this list so yeah) really chill hostel, nice rooms, comfy beds, good atmosphere (beer garden and hammock rooms and lots of places to meet new friends) and nice scenery. you can book a lot of activities like skydiving or paragliding or bungeejumping on site too. bathrooms are clean and wifi's good.

Thank you for your honest reviews .-)) we hope to welcome you back!

We loved staying at Balmer's, and I'll do it again when I come back to Switzerland.

Yes! We look forward to welcoming yo back!!

Balmers is a great place with a very friendly and helpful staff. I have family members that stayed at Balmers several years ago and they told me that I had to go to Balmers during my two week trip to Europe. It did not disappoint! Interlaken is such a beautiful place and Balmers allows you to enjoy everything that the town has to offer. I met some cool people and I had a great time during my stay. I would recommend Balmers to any young travelers.

Great review, thank you! So glad your family recommended and now you will too!

Very nosiy , some of the rooms are just next to showers . Matrasses not very confortable. breakfast average, the scrumbled eggs are for 3 francs extra. Good points: check in 24/24, secured luggage storage, staff helpful, breakfast included, not very far from 2 railway stations (OST and WEST)

Thought the hostel had a flair to it! It definetely catches the eye. Great kitchen and system for storing your bought food. Room was comfortable enough. Staff was accommodating even though it seem to annoy them when you ask questions. Showers kinda suck, you'll see why. Also, it sucks you have to rent towel and locker. But expect that in Switzerland, nothing is really free. Other then those annoying things hostel was good to stay at. Bonus you can book excursions at office.

Cool place, except no lockers in rooms. Lockers cost extra and are outside. Club is very busy every night of the week, quite fun.

Balmers was awesome! Super convenient location with a market close by. The rooms are cleaned every day and there were plenty of bathrooms/showers. Only comment would be lack of security locker but the vibe at the hostel is pretty laid back and I was never worried about my stuff

Balmer's is a great hostel. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. If you're looking a for a party hostel this is your place. If you're not, try somewhere else. You can here the club music in your room and people talking. But other than that it was a fine place to stay.

Fantastic hostel; easily the best we stayed at while going around Europe. Lockers a bit far from the rooms in a central spot, but I didn't make use of them anyway. Right next to Outdoor Interlaken, a decent walk to the train stations. Couldn't recommend highly enough.

The hammock room, where I stayed, is a great idea. Unfortunately, I guess I really didn't get that it was open air, and I didn't sleep at all because of how cold I was. The atmosphere was amazing, and worthy of its reputation. Several staffers were amazing and helpful, while others clearly didn't want to be there. There are a lot of seemingly arbitrary rules, but I met amazing people here that I hope to be friends with from hereon out.

Sorry you werent aware we had blankets in reception for you to use for free. Thankfully the people sleeping in the hammock room are quite confy now with the breeze duringour heat wave!

My stay at Balmers was comfortable and lovely, especially loved the chill out room upstairs. It's a huge place, has tons of rooms and is always packed with people for the most part. the staff were helpful but I felt really shut down by them, probably because they have to deal with so many people but still. The location was excellent since all the extreme sports offices were literally 2 minutes away, more or less. Atmosphere was usually good, just a bit distant for the most part.

It's a little bit of a walk from the train station but it's scenic and enjoyable (as long as it's not raining). There is a bar and grill so that's nice for quick dinners or lunches. My biggest complaint was it seemed like they only had three showers and 1 toilet for every one. So in the morning you got a freezing shower and there was normally a long line till its your turn.

Loved the hostel. Pretty good location though not right in town. Easy walk though because Interlaken is fairly small. Friendly people and breakfast was awesome. The only things were the showers were a bit yucky with a a lot of sitting water in the basins at the bottom and the club at night was pretty loud and obnoxious if you weren't in a clubbing mood. I would definitely recommend headphones/earplugs.

thanks for the nice review.. i wouldnt have liked the showers either...hope that the 2 times a day cleaning them is enough..next time come and get a free pair of ear plugs :-) Safe travels..

Bathroom too small