Balmers Herberge Reviews

Hauptstrasse 23-25, 3800 Interlaken, Interlaken, Switzerland

It was a beautiful hostel and centrally located. My only complaint is how loud Balmers club music is. You can't hold a conversation inside and you can even hear it in the rooms when you're trying to sleep. Other than that it is fantastic! Great burgers, btw, and really good staff. Atmosphere is solid.

We do offer free ear plugs for any future guests now :-)

I do not think your Deluxe Burger is worth 12CHF nor the fries worth 4.50CHF, for 16.50CHF it was not a lot of food to a hungry traveller.

• 9th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you felt the Burger was overpriced, we use locally sourced meat of excellent standard and feel our prices are very fair. We also offer a Burger special that includes a burger, fries and a beer for only Sfr 15.00

The rooms were comfortable and the kitchens were okay, I wish there were lockers that you didn't have to pay to use.

Balmers was a very fun place to stay! There was always something to do and a lot of rooms to hang out in. We loved the beer garden and the game room. The showers are small and not that nice, but it's what we expect out of a hostel. The beds were nice and clean when we arrived. The check in and out service was smooth. We loved all the information around the hostel about different excursions and things to do.

Thanks for the informative review, hopefully it will help other travellers know what to expect :-)

Accused of acts we didn't do and got kicked out of the club which thinks it's actually a real club when there were at most 7 people

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Poland

Very good location. Cleanliness very good and very cool staff. Very attentive.

• 7th Jun 2015

Bar, food, all the facilities you could want. Well established. Thank you !

no no...thank you!

Felt like I was at summer camp. They even gave us free bus passes and breakfast. Everything is expensive in Switzerland but Balmers was a great value.

Party hostel atmosphere, good if expecting a club atmosphere. Decent breakfast included and good happy hour.

• 4th Jun 2015

Happy to hear our clients are enjoying our new breakfast options!

This was my second time staying at Balmers and I loved it just as much as the first time. The staff is very helpful for recommending great hikes and providing maps and bus passes so that you can get to the hike start location. The hostel is very clean, including the kitchen, which is a great asset. The breakfast is satisfactory, and adds value to the stay. The local is beautiful and well located. I would definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Jun 2015

we look forward to welcoming you back again!

LOVED BALMERS!! It was so fun! It was very Americanized, but I enjoyed it. I do wish there were lockers in the room so I felt more secure about leaving my stuff there. I was also bummed that the relaxation room was being renovated when we were there, but I guess that's just an excuse to come back! The owner was SO kind and personable, it was great getting to meet him. Balmers is totally the place you want to stay in Interlaken

• 31st May 2015

I loved how much of a community it was! I met people from all over the US and Canada (Because there were no Europeans there for some reason) and it was extremely easy to make friends. My favorite things were Happy Hour and the outdoor hang out space. It helped that the weather was excellent when I was there. The location is also great because it's quiet and central, a combo that you don't usually find. The only downside is that the rooms can be EXTREMELY small.

It was really easy to make a meal in this hostel's kitchen. Breakfast was good. Plenty of places to hang out and meet other travelers. If you're doing one of the adventure activities offered by Outdoor Interlaken, their offices are right next door, which makes everything easier. It's a little steep price-wise, but really enjoyed the stay here. Comfy beds too!

Better add notices like "keep the voice down in the middle night" on the wall, Sometimes people just make phone calls and others heard.

Very nice place to stay And the service was very good too.

You had to pay for lockers which was a a little bit of a bummer but other than that everything was great! I would stay here again.

I was pleased with almost everything apart from one member of staff. She overlooked to give me my free transport pass, tried to charge me a tax which the website had said was already included and then became personally insulting when i brought the written proof that it was included in the terms of the contract.

I was sort of disappointed that they make you pay for lockers. In addition, the location is also somewhat far from the center. Everything else was good though.

The place closes down at night. The hot tub closes at 9pm and the chill-lounge with the hammocks seemed to always be locked. I usually got back to the hostel at 7pm, then went to eat and shower. By the time I'd want to use these things it would be 9:30 and everything was closed. Management should consider orientating activities around their guests. The showers were meh but overall comfortable and met some cool ppl.

The only thing I didn't like is the lockers..it's understandable you have to pay for them, but the fact they're so far way from the on really sucks. Other than that everything was awesome :)