Baltic Downtown Hostel Reviews

ulica Zaroślak 12, Gdańsk, Gdansk, Poland

We booked the hostel but although we got a registration confirmation and all rooms were available the hostel was over booked and we had to find a new place to stay. An online reservation system should be up to date!! And the staff was not very friendly and did not apologize!

The location was a short walk from the tourist hub in Gdansk. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were alright.

The staff didn't greet us and they didn't speak english almost at all. There were no social room in this hostel or we didn't just find it. Water was quite cold in shower. Cleanliness was questionable. The hostel was restless during the nights.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Finland

Security: excelent - it is possible to leave bags into a storage toom after check-out before leaving the city. Location: good - close to the center. Staff: good - they dont speak English but at least they understand basic nouns and actions then respond kindly and helpful. Atmosphere: excelent. Cleanliness: good - however, aromatic spray for toilet is needed. Value: good - some beds have a tiny sponge instead of the proper mattress. Facilities: average - please consider to provide electric stove.

Nobody doesn't know english as a receptionist. Rooms are dirty , especially sheets.

I stayed here for two nights. The hostel is located just outside of the city center of Gdansk and is well-kept, clean, and has a nice atmosphere. The staff were very friendly, but some of them did not speak any English, which seemed to be an issue for some guests. My biggest complaint was the bedding quality: the two pillows I was given were pretty old and either hard or had lost most of their inside and were odd sizes. Between this and the thin walls, getting a good night's sleep was difficult.

The hostel is located in a weird area, very quiet and without significant movement during the day, but it's only a 10 min walk to old town, so that's great. The rooms are tiny, but I wouldn't expect anything different paying 60zl (15 euros) a night for a private double bedroom (towels inc) . The hostel is simple but complete, it has a little outside lounge area, kitchen and a tiny indoor lounge by the reception. It's great value for money considering the avg price in town is absurd (for Poland)

• 18th Jun 2015

Cold water in shower. Drunk people fighting in the corridor. Very noisy in the morning...

• 9th Mar 2015

Just an average hostel, good for the money I paid. The staff hardly spoke English, and on the signs it says we can eat in the common room but when I ate in the common room they told me to leave and that I cannot eat there. Easy to find, close to old town.