Baltic Downtown Hostel Reviews

ulica Zaroślak 12, Gdańsk, Gdansk, Poland

All in all, a pleasant hostel: walkable distance from the city center, very cheap price, a clean room. Maybe not the best for staying multiple nights, as the room (double bed private) was very small; you'd have trouble fitting big luggage in there. Also the shower upstairs was not working properly and the hostel was not very soundproof (I woke up to the noise from downstairs). The staff doesn't know English very well and doesn't answer e-mails but they're friendly anyway. I'd recommend it!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Personnels don't know english. But in todays world if someone has a hostel and hasn't any staff who knows english then it must be a big problem. Because we had to express ourselves with our body language and it wasn't so good. But they were cheery people anyway. And the last night we heard a lot of men's voices and it's annoying because we couldn't sleep well because of them.

They don't answer emails. I got in to hostel after 5pm, BUT she couldn't find my booking even when I showed her the confirmation. She advised me to their other hostel but couldn't show the place on map, only name and address. I had to ask elsewhere to find the street. When I arrived to other hostel, the staff there found out that I had valid booking in B.D.! They kindly gave me ride back with car and I got my room. The hostel itself is quite decent but has very poor soundproofing and acoustics.