Baluarte Citadino Stay Cool Hostel Reviews

Rua Castilho 1, First floor on the right, Lisbon, Portugal

The Hostel wasn't very inviting from the start, a sign where to rign the bell was lacking. The staff were ok, but rather disinterested and not very helpful. I booked a single room but that was overbooked so I got a dorm room all to myself. A lot of stuff out of repair, e.g. missing windowplates patched up with cardboard etc. Breakfast included but only with instant coffee. Biggest pro was the price but I still wouldn't want to stay here again.

Everything was great--clean, safe, comfortable. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I was a little disappointed because the hostel does not seem to have a very social atmosphere. Not a party hostel, better for business travelers. Great for getting a good night's rest.

• 7th Oct 2014

This hostel is absolutely awesome. Everything is amazing: beautiful old ladder and elevator, comfortable room, wonderful open air zone, free internet access and breakfast (we had apples and pears for it!). Even shared bathroom is splendid (and it has a small balcony with nice view on the street). Location is pretty convenient: you can easily go to any of main sights by feet, subway and train station are close to the hostel as well. It deserves the highest grade on the scale of coolness.

Nice enough hostel, perfectly good for a short stay, nothing bad to report but not the best hostel I've been in

The place is very nice, but we tried to canceled the last night and they didn't let us, even being 48 hours before...How I decided sleep in the airport because my flight was around 6 o'clock had not point in sleep a few hours and go...but the staff was nice, I was feeling in home.

Nice location, close to the center and metro. Very hospitable and helpful staff. Comfortable room and bed. Nice breakfast included.

Very friendly staff, we were happy with our stay at the hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014

everything was very clean. The kitchen and the breakfast were ok. There was some sadness on the ambience though. The receptionist was not helpful or informed at all. It looked that he just wanted not to be disturbed.

Good location in safe center part, Perfect place to stay few days days in Lisbon if you come with your car because you can park it easily and you can get the underground near to the hostel to chill out and visit the city.

• 13th Aug 2014

The whole place was spotless, very clean and organised. The couple who runs the hostel is nice and ready to help you out with questions about Lisbon. As I had a short stay - and an early flight - I didn't try breakfast. But the kitchen is open for guests to cook. The building is a bit uphill but is close to the metro and to Bairro Alto. Great view from the Pedro de Alcântara miradouro! Downside: sound travels and the mattresses need to be changed as they have the "print" of a body on them.

Very nice hostel, nice room, very friendly staff. We really enjoyed our stay !

Nice, clean and really good price.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Overall nice hostel. Name should be changed because on a hot day it gets hot as hell in the rooms. It's very clean. The locks are finger print scanners which is pretty cool. Not so practical though as mine wouldn't work quite often.

The staff is very nice and friendly I really did like to stay there, they have got a good location except that its high up on the street and you have to climb for some minutes, beside that whenever u get to Avenida da Liberdade, you are close to everything! I think its very well organized!

The hostel was a good deal for the amount paid - there was only one bathroom on our floor, so some patience is needed

The hostel cost 11,00 €. Exactly the price it is worth.

The staff was really friendly. The rooms also had lockers. Breakfast was just soso, but for that price it was okay.

Helpful staff, continental breakfests, there are rooms in the huge apartmenst you can feel like at home, all facilities needed on place. I really enjoy my staying there. no minuses.

Helpful staff

The staff is helpful and friendly, location is convenient for bars and restaurant and the major sights are easily reachable either with the underground or a good walk. I definitely recommend this stay!

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts