Baluarte Citadino Stay Cool Hostel Reviews

Rua Castilho 1, First floor on the right, Lisbon, Portugal

Very friendly girl at the reception but not available when we needed her (couldn't find her). No keys but fingerprint (super high-tech). Unfortunately we shared a room with some drunk, loud italian guys who stumbled inside around 4am. They did not seem to care that others where sleeping at the moment, laughing, talking turning on the lights... Not the fault of the hostel though. The beds were squeeking and uncomfortable, a bit too hard for me (springs in the mattress).

Kitchen and common areas were great. More than one bathroom would be more convenient and wifi working in the room would be preferable but not a necessity.

I was unhappy that the key to the bedroom was the same as the key to the toilet - this didn´t seem secure to me. Also, I think it would be better to have the coffee machine somewhere that the noise doesn´t distrub guests, perhaps in the living room. However, the staff were all very kind and friendly and made me feel welcome. I think breakfast needs to be more varied - perhaps ham and cheese as well?

I had a really good time in Lisbon.The hostel is located in a quite street with a convenient transportation. The landlady is very friendly and patience,gave me a lot of good ideas for visiting the city.....I had good memories here.

The hostel was nice, lady at the check in was polite, showed us everything and if we needed anything she answered all. The rooms were clean altought it was a little bit spaceless. Anyway, it was a good stay.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Nice place, when we arrived something was wrong with the reservation so we had to sleep in the office the first night. They gave us a discount for that luckily. But the woman at the reception did not seem happy to see us when we arrived, and when we asked if we could store our lugage because we had some time to kill for our next train she was not very happy about that, she looked angry at us and sighed.

great welcoming staff (portugese girl with dark hair), nice clean bathroom and the twin room was nice and cool, too. if i had to find drawbacks, that would be - to get to the hostel, you need to constantly walk up the hill (which after a long day is a bit tiring) BUT it is so close to the metro station and everywhere else central, it does not really matter! had a wonderful stay, loved Lisboa, loved Portugal, cannot wait to come back!

Staff are super helpful. Thanks!

My girlfriend and I had a very nice stay at Stay Cool Hostel. The staff were very friendly and the hostel was clean in our room and throughout. The free breakfast was high quality too. The only downside was our room having bunk beds instead of a double bed. Also the wifi didn't reach our room. There were renovations happening to the showers during our stay but didn't affect us that much. It was a likely a cheap few night stay because of it. Overall definitely recommended.

We were quite happy with the hostel, the breakfast was okay, we missed a good coffee and some cheese. Only thing that was really anoying was the loft bed, it was out of metal and really wobly.

Very close to city centre. 10 minutes by walking distance. Poor breakfast. Help full reception.

My stay was great! Such friendly staff, comfortable and safe atmosphere! I loved it!

• 15th May 2015

The only problem was guests' bad manners when closing and opening the doors of the rooms. I woke up too many times because of that. As for the rest, everything was fine. The best was the staff's attitude and the cleanliness. Moreover, the location is very practical also.

• 8th May 2015
  • Spain

Very friendly staff

It's a nice place, staff was really cool, friendly and helpful. The wifi wasn't working properly, but everything else was.

It was a really pleasant stay at this guesthouse. The rooms were nice and clean, the beds comfortable and because of the small amount of rooms you have never had to wait for long to get into one of the shared bathrooms. The stuff has been always helpful and friendly and for breakfast you get everything you need (simple but good). The hostel is just around the corner to Avenida da Liberdade and you can reach the citycenter by walking (about 10minutes) or catching a tube. Really enjoyed it!

• 18th Mar 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, clean, but the Wifi doesn't work well in the rooms and the location is not so good: a Walking but tiring distance to rossio square and other touristical places!

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts