Baluarte Citadino Stay Cool Hostel Reviews

Rua Castilho 1, First floor on the right, Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel is located very closed to the city center and easy to reach from the airport. Staff was very helpful and responsive to my needs. However for the first two nights I was staying in the room next to the entrance, the doors were slamming loudly whole night and it was also impossible to sleep. I asked to be moved to the different room and unfortunately in the second one there was no Wi-Fi. Moreover there was no TV in the room and in the offer it was stated that there should be one.

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Poland

Very helpful staff, even helped with our laundry, located in a secure and quiet neighbourhod 15min to the city center. We had a bad wifi connection from time to time cause our room was at the end of the floor. We recommend staying here!

Very nice hostel, good location, very clean, good facilities. The kitchen is a bit small but you can find all neccessary appliances there. Would be nice if hey had some shared stuff though (oil, salt...). The breakfast is ok, but they could add something to choose from. We've met some really greaz people there. They have some nice places to hang out.

This is a well organised, clean place with nice staff. It's more towards the business district, so a little walk from the historical stuff.

It is a nice hostel in the Center of Lisboa. The stuff was friendly and the People also. Unfortunately the breakfast contains only toast with Marmelade and Cornflakes and it is a bit dark in the floor because there is no window.

Very friendly girl at the reception but not available when we needed her (couldn't find her). No keys but fingerprint (super high-tech). Unfortunately we shared a room with some drunk, loud italian guys who stumbled inside around 4am. They did not seem to care that others where sleeping at the moment, laughing, talking turning on the lights... Not the fault of the hostel though. The beds were squeeking and uncomfortable, a bit too hard for me (springs in the mattress).

Kitchen and common areas were great. More than one bathroom would be more convenient and wifi working in the room would be preferable but not a necessity.

I was unhappy that the key to the bedroom was the same as the key to the toilet - this didn´t seem secure to me. Also, I think it would be better to have the coffee machine somewhere that the noise doesn´t distrub guests, perhaps in the living room. However, the staff were all very kind and friendly and made me feel welcome. I think breakfast needs to be more varied - perhaps ham and cheese as well?

I had a really good time in Lisbon.The hostel is located in a quite street with a convenient transportation. The landlady is very friendly and patience,gave me a lot of good ideas for visiting the city.....I had good memories here.

The hostel was nice, lady at the check in was polite, showed us everything and if we needed anything she answered all. The rooms were clean altought it was a little bit spaceless. Anyway, it was a good stay.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • Croatia

Nice place, when we arrived something was wrong with the reservation so we had to sleep in the office the first night. They gave us a discount for that luckily. But the woman at the reception did not seem happy to see us when we arrived, and when we asked if we could store our lugage because we had some time to kill for our next train she was not very happy about that, she looked angry at us and sighed.

Very nice hostel in the centre of Lisbon. Nice staff, good atmosphere. I was amazed by the marble all over the place. :-) The rooms could be a bit bigger. Would definitely recommend.

great welcoming staff (portugese girl with dark hair), nice clean bathroom and the twin room was nice and cool, too. if i had to find drawbacks, that would be - to get to the hostel, you need to constantly walk up the hill (which after a long day is a bit tiring) BUT it is so close to the metro station and everywhere else central, it does not really matter! had a wonderful stay, loved Lisboa, loved Portugal, cannot wait to come back!

Staff are super helpful. Thanks!

My girlfriend and I had a very nice stay at Stay Cool Hostel. The staff were very friendly and the hostel was clean in our room and throughout. The free breakfast was high quality too. The only downside was our room having bunk beds instead of a double bed. Also the wifi didn't reach our room. There were renovations happening to the showers during our stay but didn't affect us that much. It was a likely a cheap few night stay because of it. Overall definitely recommended.

View all Lisbon Bed and Breakfasts