8.7
Fabulous 956 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 956 Total Reviews
Bamber House Located at 22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland.
New Zealand
Auckland Auckland 1024 22 View Road, Mt Eden
87% 956
-36.8734756 174.7581267
    Rooms available

20th Jul 2016

Staff is helpful and accommodating. I had to check in after hours and they made the process very easy. Only here for one night so can't comment much on facilities, however everything seemed clean and well kept and the book exchange is extensive.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

Great little hostel, very cosy with a nice atmosphere and walking distance to some really cute shopping and dining.

• germjunior
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
6.6

When I arrived, the lady at the office was a bit lost.. Every question I asked to her was pretty simple, but she was like heuu? yes, yes... And then she asked me to wait because she was answering to a text message ?!! The parking was great, enough places for approx. 10 vehicles! There are 2 showers and 2 bathrooms for men. A bit cold in winter and no heater in the room.

• England, Male, 18-24
30th Jun 2016

Very good value for money considering it's location. Also had a very welcoming atmosphere and had free car park :)

• New Zealand, Male, 31-40
26th Jun 2016

Bamber house was all good. I went for a concert at the power station so the location was really good. I pretty much just used the place to store my stuff and some head down time. The person in my room before me hadn't checked out so the manager had to shuffle me round which I was appreciative of and security was good, only reason I didn't give full stars was I didn't know the other guy staying there. All the other facilities are good, even tho I didn't use them but have before. friendly as t

• England, Female, 25-30
23rd Jun 2016
8.0

Relaxed atmosphere, nice common area and standard kitchen. I had one of the outside shared rooms which were comfy once the heater kicked in but was damp at first. Down side was it rained and I got wet every time I wanted to go to the main house for the kitchen. Very friendly and helpful staff, a little out of the way but the bus was easy to catch

• England, Male, 25-30
16th Jun 2016

Iv stayed at Bamber House many times now and it will always be my first choice of accomodation when I visit Auckland. As far as hostels are concerned you won't get better.

• USA, Female, 18-24
3rd Jun 2016

Had an awesome stay! The staff was so nice and the beds were sooooo comfy! It's a quite place right outside the city, so you aren't far from the action but a nice place to just chill at!

I’m happy to hear your stay was awesome. We are located in the wonderful Mt. Eden neighbourhood, which is located just outside of the CBD. It has many cafes, bars, shops and has the added bonus of Mt. Eden itself with it’s fantastic view of Auckland.

• tpullen284779
  • USA, Male, 18-24
18th May 2016

The hostel itself is amazing with a helpful staff that gives great recommendations for things all around New Zealand, and the other guests tend to be long-termers doing work and travel, which means they tend to have even more specific advice and suggestions. The rooms may be small, but the common area is large and manageable and the hostel is located conveniently close to Mt. Eden (a MUST) and about a 10ish minute walk to the nearest grocery store.

4th May 2016
8.0

Bamber House was clean and a short bus ride to city center. The Mount Eden area is very nice. Jen at the front desk was great and very helpful with anything we needed/asked. I did find some of the other workers there a little less friendly however..

We are pleased we were able to help you, we enjoying spending time with our guest to give them all the information had help they need to settle in. I’m sorry to hear that was not your experience with all of our staff.