Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Good off road parking.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Amazing hostel at Mount Eden area. Close to city center but in a quite area, cozy hostel. Only complaint would be about cold room. Our heater wasn't working properly (or at all) and everybody who would come to stay in the room would wear extra clothes to sleep. Quite attentive staff and great common areas

Thanks for the great review! Sorry to hear about the heater, next time just tell us and we'll do our best to replace the heater as soon as possible. We also have extra blankets available on request.

Nice team , very friendly. It s a good place.

It's a nice place to spend a night or two, but the management is the worst I've seen in a backpacker in the last 7 years.You're like a kid at a boarding school, with a curfew and with stupid rules and they ask you for 10$ fine for anything. Because of that there is no atmosphere, and everybody is leaving the place even the people who stays in Auckland. If you want to meet people and have fun avoid this hostel, but if it's just for one night, why not.

• 18th Jun 2014

Bamber House is not a party hostel, which is why people come to stay with us; for a nice quiet and pleasant stay. We recognise that people who stay up until the early hours being disruptive to other guests trying to sleep will be asked to go to bed or leave the hostel for the night. I am sorry if asking you to be quiet for being loud has offended you and it is a shame you rate us based on your experience of us trying to make it a pleasure for other guests.

a tree rubbed against the unit (35) all night in the wind. the toilet seat was broken. the hand basin was completely block under the built in plug so i had to unblock the hair and grim myself. the jug cord didn't reach the plug from the bench so i had to place it on a chair to make a cuppa. a light bulb in my room was blown. the fridge in my room froze the milk. but otherwise it was a pleasant stay for the 3 nights i stayed.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for leaving your feedback. It was very stormy during your stay and we apologize for the noise the tree was causing. About the light bulb and sink etc. I wish you would have come to us and we would have fixed those things for you straight away or even moved you to a new room, which we had available.

Happy to go back! We stayed in a EnSuite for three nights. It was very good, had everything we needed. The cabin just got a new mattress and MAN it was a brilliant sleep. Amazing shower head with 4 different settings. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. I recieved a call, that we forgot a big bag of fruit and veges. Received free WiFi through booking with hostelworld :-D One thing I would have liked to know, but it was no biggie: the kitchen got closed for cleaning at 10:30 a.m.

• 17th Jun 2014

Location was further out of downtown than I would've liked, but close enough to a bus stop that it didn't really matter. It was reasonably close to food & other shopping, as well as a nice short walk to the Mt. Eden area. Security seemed fine. I had minimal interactions with the staff, so I can't really say much about them one way or the other. There wasn't a whole lot of atmosphere, at least from my perspective; the other guests seemed a bit clique-ish.

During the easter-days the kitchen and the eating-room were dirty. In the night some people stayed very loud till after midnight in the veranda.

• 18th Apr 2014

The best value for money you could possibly get. It just feels like at home, so many running around, always available to chat, sweet internet deals, but mainly extremely friendly staff, which helps you take care of everything! We were so thrilled, that we extended our stay for 3 more days :)

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

very nice hostel. helpful managers. recommend.

• 9th Apr 2014
  • China

Would stay again in a minute!

• 29th Mar 2014

Great location, friendly staff and affordable. Thank you Bamber House!

• 28th Mar 2014

We had a lovely stay, was very clean and seen the staff hard at work. We stayed one night in number 10 and the other in a cabin. The cabin was so nice and cosey. I know it is a bit less money to stay in double in 10 but the noise from reception and people in the lounge etc wasn't to pleasant. That would be my only con. Thank you

Nice hostel which makes you feel very comfortable. Had great 6 nights here before I started travelling across NZ. only bad thing is that the carpets and couch are dirty which made me feel a bit sick.

• 22nd Mar 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was really good at the right times (weekends weekdays), the place is kept clean and tidy and I love the fact it's so homely, so when you want a quiet night watching a movie - the front room is the place to be all cozy on the comfortable furniture. The quiz each week gets all people involved and they take on new ideas for fun things to do. Laura, Aurelian and max - thank you for a great stay. 😃😃

• 19th Mar 2014

So Good we stayed for one night a week later.

• 17th Mar 2014

Nice hostel, just 15 minutess walk to Mt. Eden with an amazing view over the whole city. With a bus you can drive to the civic center in minutes. Really nice staff.

Awesome place and an awesome staff, always willing to help and give you advises. The best place to stay if you've just arrived in New Zealand and in Auckland

• 5th Mar 2014