Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Room was clean, came with a balcony which was pretty cool for a hostel. Really nice living room/chill out areas. Kitchen is big and really well stocked.

Well situated away from the centre of town. Easy access by bus and with the bonus of a free car park. Two different managers while I was there, one helpful, one not so. I had an ensuite in a cabin at the back. Clean and comfortable but safety issue with access. The path to where the units were was never lit and really dark. The cabins are raised on wooden decking with a drop to the ground and a gap bridged by some timber. Very easy to fall. Kitchen often dirty in morning.

Not routinely cleaned during the day, no permanent staff to maintain the place. Not enough space to sit in the lounge. No space to prepare and cook. Too many people and not enough facilities. Our room had two bunk beds and was barely big enough accommodate one.

• 14th Apr 2015

I loved my stay in one of the cabins out the back. Bed was really comfortable, great mattress. Room was quiet and well ventilated - slept really well. Loved the friendly, relaxed atmosphere of the main hostel. Nice leafy suburb and setting. I will definitely come back again! Thank you.

• 3rd Apr 2015

A very nice hostel, clean rooms, comfy beds with good facilities. Away from the city centre but with good transport inks

Great little place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Great staff! Would recommend!

Eventhough it is not situated in the centre, the area is beautiful and there are some nice places to eat nearby. It has a good atmosphere, just like a family in a huge house.

• 11th Mar 2015

The hostel is very nice, stuff is very friendly and helpful. We got to the hostel very late at night ... after midnight... but the key was waiting for us and direction to our room. In the morning stuff helped us check in and out without problems. There is plenty of parking if you have a car. The house in which the hostel is at in nice and pretty. I'd defiantly stay there again if I'm back in town.

We liked it, it was kind of quirky and nice and quiet, which was great for sleeping off jet lag. We only stayed for two nights but would stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2015

2 bed mixed dorm doesn't work. As a female made me uncomfortable ... Particularly the male I shared with but that is no fault of the hostel

Fairly basic hostel. I did enjoy the small room options. It's located close to Mt Eden park and several stores, but it is quite a hike from downtown.

Great stay at Bamber House! Spent 5 days there in a 4 bed room with my boyfriend and that was very nice! People working there are friendly and helpful, bedroom is big enough to have our 4 big bags inside, and are comfortable. Good facilities, useful kitchen and great place outside. Plus very easy to go downtown with the buses, and Mount Eden is really close.

A little further out of the city than intended (the walk home took a bit longer than the 30 mins and uphill) but otherwise fine. Easy parking and close to local restaurants/street shops and Mt Eden. Perfectly silent for a great night's sleep. Would definitely come back again. Thank you 😊

Beautiful building with a homely feel. Facilities, rooms and bedding are kept very clean. A long walk in to town cetre but only a 10 minute bus ride from right outside the door. The view from nearby Mount Eden is a must

Great staff, great location, great staff.

I traveled by car, so this was a great hostel for me: free parking, quiet neighborhood, store nearby and just a quick drive to the inner city. Staff was helpful and friendly, facilities clean. Stayed there at the beginning and the end of my trip, no complaints!

A very nice place to stay ! Safe and pretty calm, it was perfect to relax at our arrival in New Zealand..

Great dorm/homely feel, only a $2 bus to the city.

I'm sad we only spent one night here, and then left for the airport early in the morning. We didn't get a chance to see the whole place or to really do much in the area, but the cabin we stayed in was exceptional!

This hostel had the best bed I've ever slept on. It was so soft and comfortable! And the staff members were really helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3