Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

I loved my stay in one of the cabins out the back. Bed was really comfortable, great mattress. Room was quiet and well ventilated - slept really well. Loved the friendly, relaxed atmosphere of the main hostel. Nice leafy suburb and setting. I will definitely come back again! Thank you.

• 3rd Apr 2015

Great little place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Great staff! Would recommend!

Eventhough it is not situated in the centre, the area is beautiful and there are some nice places to eat nearby. It has a good atmosphere, just like a family in a huge house.

• 11th Mar 2015

The hostel is very nice, stuff is very friendly and helpful. We got to the hostel very late at night ... after midnight... but the key was waiting for us and direction to our room. In the morning stuff helped us check in and out without problems. There is plenty of parking if you have a car. The house in which the hostel is at in nice and pretty. I'd defiantly stay there again if I'm back in town.

We liked it, it was kind of quirky and nice and quiet, which was great for sleeping off jet lag. We only stayed for two nights but would stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2015

2 bed mixed dorm doesn't work. As a female made me uncomfortable ... Particularly the male I shared with but that is no fault of the hostel

Fairly basic hostel. I did enjoy the small room options. It's located close to Mt Eden park and several stores, but it is quite a hike from downtown.

Great stay at Bamber House! Spent 5 days there in a 4 bed room with my boyfriend and that was very nice! People working there are friendly and helpful, bedroom is big enough to have our 4 big bags inside, and are comfortable. Good facilities, useful kitchen and great place outside. Plus very easy to go downtown with the buses, and Mount Eden is really close.

A little further out of the city than intended (the walk home took a bit longer than the 30 mins and uphill) but otherwise fine. Easy parking and close to local restaurants/street shops and Mt Eden. Perfectly silent for a great night's sleep. Would definitely come back again. Thank you 😊

Beautiful building with a homely feel. Facilities, rooms and bedding are kept very clean. A long walk in to town cetre but only a 10 minute bus ride from right outside the door. The view from nearby Mount Eden is a must

Great staff, great location, great staff.

I traveled by car, so this was a great hostel for me: free parking, quiet neighborhood, store nearby and just a quick drive to the inner city. Staff was helpful and friendly, facilities clean. Stayed there at the beginning and the end of my trip, no complaints!

A very nice place to stay ! Safe and pretty calm, it was perfect to relax at our arrival in New Zealand..

Great dorm/homely feel, only a $2 bus to the city.

I'm sad we only spent one night here, and then left for the airport early in the morning. We didn't get a chance to see the whole place or to really do much in the area, but the cabin we stayed in was exceptional!

This hostel had the best bed I've ever slept on. It was so soft and comfortable! And the staff members were really helpful.

Bus ride from city center, very quiet though if you're looking to recover from jet lag. Not a lot going on in the common areas. Not very good internet, but that's true all over NZ. EXTREMELY CLEAN - one of the cleanest hostels I've been to. Main reason to stay here is because it's quiet and close to Mt. Eden - everything else is a bus ride away.

The good: Well-equipped kitchen. Free wifi with 200mb vouchers per night. Bathrooms were clean and available. Room was relatively clean. Hostel was quiet at night. Plenty of free parking. The bad: Location is in a suburb-type area that is about 45-60 walk to the CBD and wharf. It is a bit far from many things that you would want to see in the city.

• 14th Jan 2015

Mt Eden is a peaceful neighborhood of Auckland located just 30 minutes walk from the town hall in the city centre, to walk to the ferry terminal on the waterfront it would take you 50 minutes. There are also buses that go directly to the town hall from outside Bamber House. Our hostel is right next to Mt Eden and offers travelers a quiet and safe retreat from the noise of the city centre.

Staff is awesome and super helpful. Rooms have plenty of space and a locker for locking up valuables. Good, fast, free internet is helpful. Only complaint would be that it's not in city center, but the bus is easy enough.

The staff at Bamber House make an effort to be extra helpful and make your trip special with tips and advice on how best to see New Zealand. One of the best thing about being in Mt Eden is the security and quiet that you just don't get in the city center. The neighborhood is very safe but still close enough to town that you can travel there by foot or by bus when you wish. We hope to see you back at Bamber House soon!

A beautiful building with great facilities, the cleanest hostel I have visited in a long time. A bit out of the city in a nice suburb but does have a regular bus service on the doorstep

« first « Prev 1 2 3