Fabulous 976 Total Reviews
Fabulous 976 Total Reviews
Bamber House Located at 22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland.
New Zealand
Auckland Auckland 1024 22 View Road, Mt Eden
86% 976
-36.8734756 174.7581267
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016
5.1

My private room's key couldn't be used; the door's locking mechanism was broken. The room's: electric kettle & curtains either need to be replaced or repaired, the carpet was dirty & spotted, very dated and oddly placed fluoerescent lighting fixtures, claustrophic, narrow bathroom, bed was so-so, electric blanket worked on half of the bed and so on. Inside of BH, was okay, however. You need either GPS or cell phone to find BH; the driving instructions were challenging. I can't recommend BH.

7th Sep 2016

The staff was very nice and it was good to see all the communal areas being cleaned every day. We got unlucky with some unseasonably cold weather so the house was very cold. The hostel did provide a space heater and heated blankets for the room so we got along fine. The area was probably the best part of this experience. Make sure to hike up Mt Eden, walk around Eden Village and eat some of the city's best Asian food on Dominion Road!

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2016

Not enough space to describe how AMAZING the receptionist was! She was really helpful, knowledgeable & enthusiastic. Our room was perfect, it was accessed via the patio so was cold at times but the heater sorted that. The place was clean & tidy, and just a short bus ride to the city centre. Just a 2 minute walk to a supermarket or to Mt Eden, which wasn't difficult to reach the top & has fantastic views of the city. I'd definitely recommend this place, & will stay again if I'm ever in the area!

25th Aug 2016

Really nice place! A little out the town,but very nice surroundings. Nice staff and long term people living there, but not with that much knowledge about what to do around.

• Germany, Couple, 18-24
16th Aug 2016
5.4

Rooms are really damn noisy as the staff does not enforce the quiet times because they are not around as they are accommodated in a seperate building. Staff and managers consist of long-term guests although they advertise Bamber House is family-run. We stayed here in winter and the 6 bed dorm room was FREEZING because it only had one little mobile heater which needs to be plugged in at all times and the wall sockets power off after 1 hour automatically. Wouldn't go here again!

13th Aug 2016

Lovely house with great facilities. Very spacious 6 bed dorm, good beds, lockers, nice bathrooms with good showers, great kitchen, cosy chilling out rooms and big sunny garden. WiFi signal not strong enough in my room but okay in common places, not a problem for me and the only minor so this is my top place in Auckland!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
9th Aug 2016
6.0

Coming to my first hostel ever as an alone backpacker, this place was not welcoming at all as I greatly realised coming to my next hostel where people actually say hello to me! It was a daunting experience coming to a new country alone and the people there weren't friendly at all - this is just a personal experience not necessarily the hostel! I just feel like it was not set out very well for socialising etc. and I didn't feel comfortable at all.

20th Jul 2016

Staff is helpful and accommodating. I had to check in after hours and they made the process very easy. Only here for one night so can't comment much on facilities, however everything seemed clean and well kept and the book exchange is extensive.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2016

Great little hostel, very cosy with a nice atmosphere and walking distance to some really cute shopping and dining.

• germjunior
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016
6.6

When I arrived, the lady at the office was a bit lost.. Every question I asked to her was pretty simple, but she was like heuu? yes, yes... And then she asked me to wait because she was answering to a text message ?!! The parking was great, enough places for approx. 10 vehicles! There are 2 showers and 2 bathrooms for men. A bit cold in winter and no heater in the room.

We are sorry if you didn’t receive the customer service you were expecting, we always try our utmost best for every customer. We were trying to resolve a customer’s issue when you arrived, which you were politely informed about. We used our mobile phone to call our assistant manager to rectify the issue for the customer in front of you. I think there may have been some communication issues which we are extremely sorry about and are going to take extra steps to make sure this does not happen again. We have ample parking for all guests, which is great and also have 4 bathrooms for guests which have 5 showers and 5 toilets (upstairs and downstairs). Please email us as we would like to have you back here again and provide you with the service we want all our guests to receive.