Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

So Good we stayed for one night a week later.

• 17th Mar 2014

Nice hostel, just 15 minutess walk to Mt. Eden with an amazing view over the whole city. With a bus you can drive to the civic center in minutes. Really nice staff.

Awesome place and an awesome staff, always willing to help and give you advises. The best place to stay if you've just arrived in New Zealand and in Auckland

• 5th Mar 2014

Lovely place

Nice place in every way. But try to get a room away from the deck outside the kitchen as this can be noisy at night.

Great hostel, very nice atmosphere, you feel like at home, there is a lot of furnitures in the kitchen for French cooking!! I will come back for sure!

• 16th Feb 2014

A very nice hostel where the units had recently been decorated in a nice modern style. Everytning was fine except there is a deck outside the kitchen where people sit and talk, once until I actually asked them to stop at 2.15 am. This deck is close to the external units, so something should be done - there should be a curfew of say midnight which should be enforced.

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our nice hostel! Regarding the noise level, we are monitoring it as much as we can with regular tours from the managers team. Many signs are clearly disposed as well in this area with a 10.30pm curfew. It can happen that some people are talking a bit loud, but at 2.15am there is usually no guests around as we are not a party hostel.

A glorious hostel, every thing was perfect for us!

Absolutely great

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Not a bad place, though I got the feeling it was a lot of long-termers. Was a lovely big house, and was quiet at night. A bit far from the city (there's a bus stop nearby), but you can walk to (and up) Mt Eden. Some good restaurants and bars nearby.

Nice house on the hill, bus stop just over the street but dirty bathrooms and kitchen. Was ok for the beginning after a long flight, because it's very quiet.

I rwally enjoy this place, it was clean and the Staffel is really nice :)

There is no Airport Shuttle at Bamber House. Prepare for a long walk to the Bus Stop on Mt Eden Rd which you won't make in 7mins like they say in the hostel if you are not Usain Bolt!

We loved our stay! It really felt like we were in a different country, and it was the perfect place to welcome us to New Zealand. Really pretty house, although the couches were a bit dusty (understandable because of the number of people in there.. but wished they cleaned it). Loved the location as well! Although the lady in the reception gave us wrong directions to the zoo so we couldn't get there :( Anyway, loved our stay. We will be back.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Everything seems a bit old fashioned, but that´s cool. We stayed only one night so we can´t rate the hostel very well. For our short stay it was perfect.

• 15th Dec 2013

Good: nicely maintained house in a quiet suburb close to beautiful Mt. Eden; bathrooms are ok; fully equipped kitchen; very helpful staff; comfy bed; hostel frequently organizes fun shared dinners/events. Bad: pay for wifi; food in shared fridge got stolen/messed with; not close to CBD.

Ensuited doubles are nice

Nicely run well organised, and nice atmosphere to meet people great being in a quiet suburb a bit further out of town.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

I stayed at Bamber House for one night before the start of my Stray Bus tour but I wish I had more time there. The hostel feels homey, warm, & clean. I went out with some of the staff and long-stays (Thanks Andrew, Mitch, Tom, & Max!) for the food & drink event and had a great time followed by a late night hike up Mt. Eden-Great views of Auckland! My only complaint was when I checked in, the staff Auralien(sp?) seemed very disinterested and gave me a very basic tour with tons of missing info.

This hostel is in a great location. It is right next to Mount Eden where you can get a spectacular view of Auckland. The transport links are great too, if like me, you don't have a car. Supermarkets are fairly close too. This is a nice quirky house where you can really make yourself at home. There are many areas for you to relax and socialise in. Beds are comfortable, bedding and towels are also provided for you