Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Ensuited doubles are nice

Nicely run well organised, and nice atmosphere to meet people great being in a quiet suburb a bit further out of town.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

I stayed at Bamber House for one night before the start of my Stray Bus tour but I wish I had more time there. The hostel feels homey, warm, & clean. I went out with some of the staff and long-stays (Thanks Andrew, Mitch, Tom, & Max!) for the food & drink event and had a great time followed by a late night hike up Mt. Eden-Great views of Auckland! My only complaint was when I checked in, the staff Auralien(sp?) seemed very disinterested and gave me a very basic tour with tons of missing info.

This hostel is in a great location. It is right next to Mount Eden where you can get a spectacular view of Auckland. The transport links are great too, if like me, you don't have a car. Supermarkets are fairly close too. This is a nice quirky house where you can really make yourself at home. There are many areas for you to relax and socialise in. Beds are comfortable, bedding and towels are also provided for you

Right near Mt. Eden and in a nice neighborhood. Great kitchen and dining area. Free WIFI. Good bus service to downtown.

• 7th Nov 2013

Friendly staff. Very beautiful house in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. Not so central location, one had to take the bus for doing almost anything. Very limited free WIFI. Small rooms.

Very nice staff, arranged for me to get into living area at 530 am as my flight arrived an hr earlier. Free wifi up to 100MB. Movies on hard drive Nd nice spacious hostel with nice green area/terrace out the back

Really charming big house in a nice neighborhood. Not as central to things as other hostels, but it's worth it for the atmosphere. Staff was very helpful. I definitely recommend! One criticism--there was a shower in the female bathroom that had such strong water pressure that it was unusable, which contributes to bathroom traffic and is a waste of water--should probably fix that.

Thanks for being so patient with all my questions!

• 30th Oct 2013

Thank you, you are very welcome. We are here to help all our guest as much as we can, and do our best to make sure you have a great stay with us in Auckland.

We only stayed 1 night but the room was good, the bathroom was clean and the water hot. Not very close to the city center but you can catch a bus. The staff is very friendly

• 24th Oct 2013

Awesome place. Would definitely stay again

Bamber house is a decent hostel with comfy beds. It not very wel located though. Its located in a suburb and is a bit far from the city enter and The nearest supermarket is about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the hostel. The staff are very friendly and the plac is clean.

Dear Guest, Glad you had a great stay with us. Regarding the location, we are sorry if you were disappointed, but we clearly state that Mt Eden is a green and quiet area just outside the city downtown, perfect for travelers looking for serenity. However, we are well located with 3public bus lines passing at the door of the hostel every 10minutes and dropping you in the heart of the city center. Concerning the grocery store, we also have different options around the hostel with a 10 minutes walk.

Nice, quiet place. A bit expensive but also popular - we could'nt get more nights after the booking. Mt eden is a short walk away. Great in-city walk. Bus to center is very cheap. Double rooms are very good - dont know about the dorms.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Israel

I want to remark especially the super nice manager Andrew. He was so supportive and helpful in many ways! Thanks for that! I will recommand the hostel to everyone. I had an amazing time in the Bamber. Thanks!

My first hostel. Such a great experience. I booked a two person with ensuite bath. Very nice. Very clean. Beds were comfy. Roommate was hot. Vibe was fantastic. Everyone was friendly. Two blocks to Mt Eden which was very convenient. Staff was helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Very good hostel !

• 24th Sep 2013

Wifi was included, it´s mandatory. Thanks a lot !!

Can't fault the place but wouldn't go back. Got hardly any sleep due to noisy folk in next room. Room clean and location good, bed and bedding worn. I'm afraid this is more a reflection on us than the hostel. I think our hostel days are over.

• 14th Sep 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Bamber. Great hostel. Great people. Very clean, friendly and a great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it!

• 9th Sep 2013

Hostel is very homely and cosy. Mount Eden is great location. Staff very helpful. Shared bathrooms clean and private. Defo would recommend and would stay here again