Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

A very nice hostel where the units had recently been decorated in a nice modern style. Everytning was fine except there is a deck outside the kitchen where people sit and talk, once until I actually asked them to stop at 2.15 am. This deck is close to the external units, so something should be done - there should be a curfew of say midnight which should be enforced.

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our nice hostel! Regarding the noise level, we are monitoring it as much as we can with regular tours from the managers team. Many signs are clearly disposed as well in this area with a 10.30pm curfew. It can happen that some people are talking a bit loud, but at 2.15am there is usually no guests around as we are not a party hostel.

A glorious hostel, every thing was perfect for us!

Absolutely great

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Nice house on the hill, bus stop just over the street but dirty bathrooms and kitchen. Was ok for the beginning after a long flight, because it's very quiet.

I rwally enjoy this place, it was clean and the Staffel is really nice :)

• 17th Jan 2014

There is no Airport Shuttle at Bamber House. Prepare for a long walk to the Bus Stop on Mt Eden Rd which you won't make in 7mins like they say in the hostel if you are not Usain Bolt!

We loved our stay! It really felt like we were in a different country, and it was the perfect place to welcome us to New Zealand. Really pretty house, although the couches were a bit dusty (understandable because of the number of people in there.. but wished they cleaned it). Loved the location as well! Although the lady in the reception gave us wrong directions to the zoo so we couldn't get there :( Anyway, loved our stay. We will be back.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Everything seems a bit old fashioned, but that´s cool. We stayed only one night so we can´t rate the hostel very well. For our short stay it was perfect.

• 15th Dec 2013

Ensuited doubles are nice

Nicely run well organised, and nice atmosphere to meet people great being in a quiet suburb a bit further out of town.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

I stayed at Bamber House for one night before the start of my Stray Bus tour but I wish I had more time there. The hostel feels homey, warm, & clean. I went out with some of the staff and long-stays (Thanks Andrew, Mitch, Tom, & Max!) for the food & drink event and had a great time followed by a late night hike up Mt. Eden-Great views of Auckland! My only complaint was when I checked in, the staff Auralien(sp?) seemed very disinterested and gave me a very basic tour with tons of missing info.

This hostel is in a great location. It is right next to Mount Eden where you can get a spectacular view of Auckland. The transport links are great too, if like me, you don't have a car. Supermarkets are fairly close too. This is a nice quirky house where you can really make yourself at home. There are many areas for you to relax and socialise in. Beds are comfortable, bedding and towels are also provided for you

Right near Mt. Eden and in a nice neighborhood. Great kitchen and dining area. Free WIFI. Good bus service to downtown.

• 7th Nov 2013

Friendly staff. Very beautiful house in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. Not so central location, one had to take the bus for doing almost anything. Very limited free WIFI. Small rooms.

Very nice staff, arranged for me to get into living area at 530 am as my flight arrived an hr earlier. Free wifi up to 100MB. Movies on hard drive Nd nice spacious hostel with nice green area/terrace out the back

Really charming big house in a nice neighborhood. Not as central to things as other hostels, but it's worth it for the atmosphere. Staff was very helpful. I definitely recommend! One criticism--there was a shower in the female bathroom that had such strong water pressure that it was unusable, which contributes to bathroom traffic and is a waste of water--should probably fix that.

Thanks for being so patient with all my questions!

• 30th Oct 2013

Thank you, you are very welcome. We are here to help all our guest as much as we can, and do our best to make sure you have a great stay with us in Auckland.

We only stayed 1 night but the room was good, the bathroom was clean and the water hot. Not very close to the city center but you can catch a bus. The staff is very friendly

• 24th Oct 2013

Awesome place. Would definitely stay again

Bamber house is a decent hostel with comfy beds. It not very wel located though. Its located in a suburb and is a bit far from the city enter and The nearest supermarket is about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the hostel. The staff are very friendly and the plac is clean.

Dear Guest, Glad you had a great stay with us. Regarding the location, we are sorry if you were disappointed, but we clearly state that Mt Eden is a green and quiet area just outside the city downtown, perfect for travelers looking for serenity. However, we are well located with 3public bus lines passing at the door of the hostel every 10minutes and dropping you in the heart of the city center. Concerning the grocery store, we also have different options around the hostel with a 10 minutes walk.