Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Most of the time I have stayed in the hostels in the center of Auckland but from now on I will always try to stay in the Bamber house. So much better, cleaner and nicer then the hostels in the center. Good place to meet people even if 70% was French when I was there.

Really liked bamber house. Beautiful house filled with lovely people. A lot of French guests but the effort is made to speak to you. Felt very welcoming and like a home from home. Would definatly stay here again!

we stayed for 2 nights before we went up norh and we must say it was very nice. Norman the hostel manager had many advises for our journey and secret tips for Auckland. We stayed in a double room upstairs. It is an old house but clean and quiet. Supermarket is 10 min walking distance and the area is very green and save. Kitchen could be bigger. Internet and parking is free and a bus stop to city is near by. We enjoyed our stay.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Spain

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are a quiet hostel set in a residential area just outside the city centre. The bus stop is just across the road (20 metres) where the frequent buses take you into the heart of the city. Our managers are extremely friendly and always have the time to recommend on what to do during your travels.

I stayed for a brief few days at Bamber House Hostel. Great place! Everything more than meets my expectations. I'd say that it feels a bit comfy and right at home. Everything and everyone is pleasant. I will most likely come back next time I visit this area.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Hostel staffs are friendly and helpful. I left some stuffs back in the hostel room and the hostel manager jenny was good enough to safe keep it for me. However, the bed was slightly shaky and it is a little troublesome using the wifi as we need to request for a new password when we reached the 400 mb usage. Other than that, every was perfect!

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Singapore

This hostel had such a nice atmosphere and a great group of people there. The location is a bit out of the city and takes ~45 minutes to walk back in, but it's conveniently located near a couple bus stops for using the buses. I stayed in a hostel inside the city and this hostel was definitely worth the distance. Plus the view from Mt. Eden is pretty awesome.

When I arrived at Bambet they had no records of my booking and I could not connect to the Internet to prove I had one. Luckily they had a bed, but I was going to have to switch rooms after one night. It was fine, but exhausting since I had into just arrived in the country. Plus I arrived at the receptionist lunch so I waited around for an hour. It's nice for a smaller hostel. I like the location. Just a few annoyances.

Good backpacker, not expensive and really good located.

• 30th Oct 2015

I just stayed at the bamber house for three nights, for planning my next steps, but it was a very great atmosphere! When I arrived it took only ten minutes to getting know the other people. It such a nice place to discover Auckland and its area. I'll definitely recommend it.

• 27th Oct 2015

Cool place to stay, I met some nice people . Thanks for the hospitality. Staff and the manager was very nice too.

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

Hostel was very nice, chilled and relaxed. A lot of French people there but that just allowed me to touch up on my French skills. All in all a great hostel.

Nice place, private rooms were tidy, quiet, and comfy beds and awesome showers haha!

A really nice, homely hostel to stay at. A lot of French people which made it a bit difficult to meet people as they were all talking in French but would also make the effort to talk in English sometimes. Slightly far out of Auckland CBD but to be honest it's in a much nicer area than the CBD and means it's very quiet at night. Easy to meet people as there were always people around in the social areas.

Great place. Homey feel and clean. I will come back for sure next time i visit.

• 19th Oct 2015

It is the cutest, cozy feeling house! We are defiantly going back! And the staff is marvellously friendly!

• 16th Oct 2015

Had a really great time staying at Bamber House, got a bit tiring walking back and forth to the city centre but the free wifi was great! :)

Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for the nice stay. I will definitely come back and thanks to Norman for being helpful.

• 6th Oct 2015

All in all it was ok. Wifi was good, everything was clean, showers ok, kitchen ok (free herbs and spices which was good, but ufortunately no salt and a broken oven)

Nice hostel, big common area. Hostel is in a very nice area and quiet close to city center. Staff is kind and helpful, kitchen is well stocked. Thanks Bamber House. Will come back

• 2nd Oct 2015

this is an excellent hostel to stay at if you are flying into auckland, It has a supermarket, bank (banks in newmarket stay open on weekends) and postoffice,to register tax (this can be done on saturday) near by. the staff are excellent and friendly, both managers Jenny and Norman gave us lots of tips and were always ready to answer questions! the facilities are good and they clean the hostel thoroughly every day. the internet is free, and good. the Energy saving sockets are a great idea.