Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

this is an excellent hostel to stay at if you are flying into auckland, It has a supermarket, bank (banks in newmarket stay open on weekends) and postoffice,to register tax (this can be done on saturday) near by. the staff are excellent and friendly, both managers Jenny and Norman gave us lots of tips and were always ready to answer questions! the facilities are good and they clean the hostel thoroughly every day. the internet is free, and good. the Energy saving sockets are a great idea.

Stay here it's great! It's really clean and I met some awesome people from all over the world. The manager Norman was awesome. Helpful and friendly. And you don't have to pay for towels! Location is good, it's a bus ride to everything. It was easy navigating from there. I'll stay there again when I visit next time.

• 22nd Sep 2015

It was my first time in a backpacker and i really loved it !!! People were awesome staff too :) a lot of food party ! i already miss this atmosphere !!

Really good hostel ! Norman, the manager is a very welcoming guy. The living room was cool, every one can share his experiences with each others. The hostel is quite far from the town center (45 minutes walk) but for those who are lazy you have a bus stop near to the Bamber house :) I will come back in this hostel if I am in Auckland again

• 14th Sep 2015

I had a great stay at the bamber house. I was surprised how comfortable and nice it was. I just wanted to say thanks and to the manager, he was really friendly and helpful.

• 8th Sep 2015

This was a great place to stay. Very quiet location and only a 10 minute bus ride to Auckland Central. I would have liked there to be a study room for those needing to do homework.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

I just wanted say thanks for the warm accomodations. I had a very comfortable stay and the staff/management were so friendly and helpful.

• 1st Sep 2015

Big house, nice staff and clean rooms. Bus just 2min walking distance, free internet which is huge and an awesome common area. Recommend it.

• 24th Aug 2015
  • Zimbabwe

I have been 3 times at Bamber House during my stay in New Zealand the past 5 months and i will always come back to this nice house. The manager was always helpful and very kind, people are open and easy talking to. Kitchen and bathrooms are clean, i loved the fireplace in the huge living room. Mount Eden is not even 20min walking distance and the area itself is clean, green and save. Thanks for making me feeling home and welcome at any time. Will be back soon.

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Pros: Nice staff. Large common rooms and lots of parking. Great deck and big kitchen. Bathrooms were nice. We had a private room that opened to the deck. Cons: In our room, the door to the outside was not very secure. Someone could easily break in. Overall, I would recommend.

1 2 3 Next » last »