Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

I have stayed and enjoyed Bamber House in the past but this time I think it was overcrowded with too many young partyers. In the morning the kitchen was so filthy it was impossible to cook.It was so overcrowded in the evenings that cooking dinner was not an option so I ended up spending money eating out. I shared a room with a guy who snored all night so ended up on the couch. Not the hostel's fault maybe I have outgrown my backpackers days.

• 23rd Oct 2014

The kitchen does tend to get a bit crowded around 7pm but you'll find if you cook dinner before or after this rush at 7 then the crowds aren't a problem. Sorry we can't control the sleeping habits of our guests, one risk of sleeping in a hostel and sharing a room with other people is that they will snore.

nice stay for 2 days in a private dorm. helpful staff and the location is perfect if you don't want to be right in the centre.

• 16th Oct 2014

Better late, than never I want to thank Rebecca and Andy for this nice week I spent at the Bamber House. The house is so cute and their just so gorgeous and got an open ear for you in every case (if not, their just out for having some lunch) you need help. Placed in the lovely suburb Mt. Eden, Bamber House is close to the city, but not as busy as hostels in the centre. Also nice walks around Mt. Eden and the best view to overlooking Auckland. Good facilities and lovely staff, best place to be.

• 15th Oct 2014

An activity in the hostel might make it easier to get to know the other people in the hostel.

At Bamber House we try to put on 3 to 4 activities during the week including trivia nights, hostel meals, poker, movie nights etc... However, during the weekend we usually let our guests do their own thing. Sorry if you weren't around to participate in our weekly activities but we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

1 2 3 Next » last »