Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Absolutely great

Thank you! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Not a bad place, though I got the feeling it was a lot of long-termers. Was a lovely big house, and was quiet at night. A bit far from the city (there's a bus stop nearby), but you can walk to (and up) Mt Eden. Some good restaurants and bars nearby.

Nice house on the hill, bus stop just over the street but dirty bathrooms and kitchen. Was ok for the beginning after a long flight, because it's very quiet.

I rwally enjoy this place, it was clean and the Staffel is really nice :)

Clean and nice hostel in good location.

There is no Airport Shuttle at Bamber House. Prepare for a long walk to the Bus Stop on Mt Eden Rd which you won't make in 7mins like they say in the hostel if you are not Usain Bolt!

We loved our stay! It really felt like we were in a different country, and it was the perfect place to welcome us to New Zealand. Really pretty house, although the couches were a bit dusty (understandable because of the number of people in there.. but wished they cleaned it). Loved the location as well! Although the lady in the reception gave us wrong directions to the zoo so we couldn't get there :( Anyway, loved our stay. We will be back.

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Everything seems a bit old fashioned, but that´s cool. We stayed only one night so we can´t rate the hostel very well. For our short stay it was perfect.

• 15th Dec 2013

Good: nicely maintained house in a quiet suburb close to beautiful Mt. Eden; bathrooms are ok; fully equipped kitchen; very helpful staff; comfy bed; hostel frequently organizes fun shared dinners/events. Bad: pay for wifi; food in shared fridge got stolen/messed with; not close to CBD.

Ensuited doubles are nice

Nicely run well organised, and nice atmosphere to meet people great being in a quiet suburb a bit further out of town.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

I stayed at Bamber House for one night before the start of my Stray Bus tour but I wish I had more time there. The hostel feels homey, warm, & clean. I went out with some of the staff and long-stays (Thanks Andrew, Mitch, Tom, & Max!) for the food & drink event and had a great time followed by a late night hike up Mt. Eden-Great views of Auckland! My only complaint was when I checked in, the staff Auralien(sp?) seemed very disinterested and gave me a very basic tour with tons of missing info.

This hostel is in a great location. It is right next to Mount Eden where you can get a spectacular view of Auckland. The transport links are great too, if like me, you don't have a car. Supermarkets are fairly close too. This is a nice quirky house where you can really make yourself at home. There are many areas for you to relax and socialise in. Beds are comfortable, bedding and towels are also provided for you

Right near Mt. Eden and in a nice neighborhood. Great kitchen and dining area. Free WIFI. Good bus service to downtown.

• 7th Nov 2013

Friendly staff. Very beautiful house in a nice and peaceful neighborhood. Not so central location, one had to take the bus for doing almost anything. Very limited free WIFI. Small rooms.

Very nice staff, arranged for me to get into living area at 530 am as my flight arrived an hr earlier. Free wifi up to 100MB. Movies on hard drive Nd nice spacious hostel with nice green area/terrace out the back

Really charming big house in a nice neighborhood. Not as central to things as other hostels, but it's worth it for the atmosphere. Staff was very helpful. I definitely recommend! One criticism--there was a shower in the female bathroom that had such strong water pressure that it was unusable, which contributes to bathroom traffic and is a waste of water--should probably fix that.

Thanks for being so patient with all my questions!

• 30th Oct 2013

Thank you, you are very welcome. We are here to help all our guest as much as we can, and do our best to make sure you have a great stay with us in Auckland.

We only stayed 1 night but the room was good, the bathroom was clean and the water hot. Not very close to the city center but you can catch a bus. The staff is very friendly

• 24th Oct 2013

Awesome place. Would definitely stay again