Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Bamber house is a decent hostel with comfy beds. It not very wel located though. Its located in a suburb and is a bit far from the city enter and The nearest supermarket is about 15 to 20 minutes walk from the hostel. The staff are very friendly and the plac is clean.

Dear Guest, Glad you had a great stay with us. Regarding the location, we are sorry if you were disappointed, but we clearly state that Mt Eden is a green and quiet area just outside the city downtown, perfect for travelers looking for serenity. However, we are well located with 3public bus lines passing at the door of the hostel every 10minutes and dropping you in the heart of the city center. Concerning the grocery store, we also have different options around the hostel with a 10 minutes walk.

Nice, quiet place. A bit expensive but also popular - we could'nt get more nights after the booking. Mt eden is a short walk away. Great in-city walk. Bus to center is very cheap. Double rooms are very good - dont know about the dorms.

• 9th Oct 2013
  • Israel

I want to remark especially the super nice manager Andrew. He was so supportive and helpful in many ways! Thanks for that! I will recommand the hostel to everyone. I had an amazing time in the Bamber. Thanks!

My first hostel. Such a great experience. I booked a two person with ensuite bath. Very nice. Very clean. Beds were comfy. Roommate was hot. Vibe was fantastic. Everyone was friendly. Two blocks to Mt Eden which was very convenient. Staff was helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Very good hostel !

• 24th Sep 2013

Wifi was included, it´s mandatory. Thanks a lot !!

Can't fault the place but wouldn't go back. Got hardly any sleep due to noisy folk in next room. Room clean and location good, bed and bedding worn. I'm afraid this is more a reflection on us than the hostel. I think our hostel days are over.

• 14th Sep 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Bamber. Great hostel. Great people. Very clean, friendly and a great atmosphere. Would definitely recommend it!

• 9th Sep 2013

Hostel is very homely and cosy. Mount Eden is great location. Staff very helpful. Shared bathrooms clean and private. Defo would recommend and would stay here again

my night there was really good thank you again

• 25th Aug 2013

We loved the Hostel and the people staying there! Lots of longtermers that we got to know as we were staying for a week. The public areas were greate with lots of space and a cosy TV-room. And a big porch. We lived in a cabin in the backyard, so we got some privacy. The staff and all the people working there were so openhearted and easy to conversate with! Bamber House is the place to go if you are heading in that diraction!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • afossland
  • Norway

Lovely hostel near Mount Eden village. Had a really nice few days in Auckland and enjoyed staying at Bamber House.

I've spent three nights in this great hostel. it is close to mount Eden which offers a very nice overview of the city.. Rooms and common areas are very clean and the manager is very friendly and helpful !

Despite its lovely setting & facilities, I did feel very disappointed when I saw our bed: very, very old pillows & worn sheets. For a cost of 75 per night, this was extremely disappointing. Time to upgrade them, I think. The cleaning in the bathroom was also a disappointment, my guess is they don't employ a professional cleaner, and it shows. Besides that, it was a lovely hostel.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

This is a great hostel with good possibilities to sit outside. The staff is friendly, good atmosphere, nice room. Only downside: as usually in New Zealand the internet is expensive. Highly recommend to stay there though- good for long term and short term stays!

Best hostel in Auckland. Staff is very nice. I lost the key on the day I left but he didn't charge me for that. It was cold because there is only a small heater in the room so he gave me extra blanket. Shower is clean. Dorm is super clean and spacious which is what I like most. There are also drawers and lockers in the room for storage. The atmosphere is ok, not much of a party hostel. There are some long-term guests and they seem to keep it to themselves.

Thank you for writing a review and providing good feedback. We're proud of our clean and friendly environment and work hard to make activities throughout the week that are inclusive of everybody. We're definitely not a party hostel but we have a great atmosphere none-the-less :-) Safe travels!

A very good option for Auckland stay. Lovely house, good facilities, a real home from home. Tim on reception was excellent and top guy. Small bus ride to town not a problem and cheap enough. Would recommend. Only gripe is Internet costs........sure you get 200 meg free (not per day but only when you check in...... Which doesn't last very long)...... Bit too expensive but I am sure in line with rest of Auckland.

The best hostel in New Zealand

• 3rd Jul 2013

Beautiful house located in a lovely, residential location, with just about all the amenities (including kitchen facilities) that one could want. Friendly, helpful staff, and lovely location - just about a stones throw away from perhaps the best vista in Auckland - Mt. Eden. What more could one ask for?

In my room there was some stupid people but maybe I was just unlucky. To go downtown you need to catch a bus.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry a fellow guest was less than considerate of his room-mates on this occasion but we hope it didn't spoil your visit too much. We certainly hope you get another chance to stay with us and wish you well for the rest of your travels!