Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

facilities average as the staff told at entrance there were some WiFi problems, they were quite persistent and offered solution not really working. The conformation email was a bit harsh and right in your face, especially as your over 40, discussed it with the staff . Understand the reason, but a explanation in the email would be nicer. But had a nice time at the Bamber House

We are working on trying to give all our guests free wifi that is not limited by how much you use however we are having some problems with it at the moment. We encourage our guests to try our new wifi in case it works for them but we always give them a voucher for our old zenbu system which works just as well as any hostel wifi you'll see in the country.

Juste au top ! On se sent dessuite comme chez soi. Pour en avoir testés plusieurs, Meilleure auberge de Auckland !

L'une des meilleurs auberge de Nouvelle Zélande que j'ai pu faire

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Friendly staff and good location.

• 1st Dec 2014

Loved the Bamber House, great location! The facilities were good, clean, staff was nice. Now, if you are expected to be waited on or for the staff to give you any special attention this isn't your place. I'm not sure if you should ever expect that with staying at a hostel, but I just saw some reviews on this place and thought I'd address them. Yes the staff doesn't go out of their way for you, but if you ask for any advice or help they are more than happy to help you out. :)

• 1st Dec 2014

Super ambiance!!!

• 27th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It's a cool and chill place to stay. If you are not just on the way through Auckland but wane stay a couple of days and are looking for a nice atmosphere and a place to meet and have a good time with other travelers the bamber house is a good choice!

I had an amazing time at Bamber House, the staff was very helpful and welcoming. The dorms werent the cheapest but it was alright. It maybe was not the cleanest place but they sure put some effort into it so it was not too bad. The atmosphere was great, people were just wonderful!

• 19th Nov 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay. We've never claimed to be the cheapest backpackers in Auckland but we're certainly not the most expensive. You'd have a hard time finding a dorm room in a decent hostel for less than $28 per night.

Une super auberge de jeunesse. On s'y sent comme chez soi et l'ambiance est bonne. L'équipe est très serviable. J'y reviendrai avec plaisir !

I had the best time at Bamber House!! I felt at home and so comfortable the entire time :) The house is very unique and beautiful, with a big cozy commonroom. The staff, especially the Bamber family, were so welcoming and helped me out with any questions I had. Transportation into the city/airport is close by too. I would recommend Bamber House to everyone!! I'll definitely be back!! :)

• 7th Nov 2014

Nice place, outside the city, about a 15 min walk to the supermarket and a lovely stroll to Mt Eden. Staff was very nice and helpful - thank again for the good advice! Room, showers and toilets are very clean - the kitchen was cleaned daily but lots of people staying at the hostel didn't care and left a mess. Thank you for having us!

I stayed here for 2 nights in a twin room. The room was separate from the rest of the house in it's own little hut. It was very clean and I had a great stay there. The staff are nice and there is a good mix of people passing through and people who must stay in the house slightly more long term. The mix of people give Bamber House a homely and friendly atmosphere, we even did a group trip to the pub! I would definitely stay again.

Great location outside of the city and close enough to all the amenities you would require. Friendly and knowledgable staff

Best Place to stay if you just arrived in Auckland. Silent at night.

Auberge vraiment très sympathique. Chambre et facilitées propres, nettoyés tout les jours ! Situé au pied du Mt Eden. A 10min du bus du centre ville ou 40 minutes à pieds, c'est un des deux points négatifs. L'autre point négatif est le Wifi qui est vraiment mauvais ! Même si c'est pas le plus important...

I have stayed and enjoyed Bamber House in the past but this time I think it was overcrowded with too many young partyers. In the morning the kitchen was so filthy it was impossible to cook.It was so overcrowded in the evenings that cooking dinner was not an option so I ended up spending money eating out. I shared a room with a guy who snored all night so ended up on the couch. Not the hostel's fault maybe I have outgrown my backpackers days.

• 23rd Oct 2014

The kitchen does tend to get a bit crowded around 7pm but you'll find if you cook dinner before or after this rush at 7 then the crowds aren't a problem. Sorry we can't control the sleeping habits of our guests, one risk of sleeping in a hostel and sharing a room with other people is that they will snore.

Awesome Hostel in resedential area not far from the city centre. Very friendly, helpfull manager ;-) If been already in many Hostels and this is one of the best ones! Its like a big family. I can recomend this Hostel to everyone, doesnt matter what age you are. Will be back for sure. Cheers Michael

• 19th Oct 2014

nice stay for 2 days in a private dorm. helpful staff and the location is perfect if you don't want to be right in the centre.

• 16th Oct 2014

In diesem Hostel fühlt man sich von Anfang an extrem wohl. Es ist sehr sauber, tolle Ausstattung, wundervolle Lage direkt am Mount Eden und die Atmosphäre ist einfach unglaublich. Im Bamber House habe ich wirklich tolle Leute und Freunde kennengelernt, sowohl andere Backpacker als auch Mitarbeiter (Cleaner) verschiedener Herkunft. Meinen Aufenthalt dort werde ich niemals vergessen, aber dafür sehr vermissen.

• 14th Oct 2014

An activity in the hostel might make it easier to get to know the other people in the hostel.

At Bamber House we try to put on 3 to 4 activities during the week including trivia nights, hostel meals, poker, movie nights etc... However, during the weekend we usually let our guests do their own thing. Sorry if you weren't around to participate in our weekly activities but we're glad you enjoyed your stay!