Bamber House Reviews

22 View Road, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Great little place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Great staff! Would recommend!

Eventhough it is not situated in the centre, the area is beautiful and there are some nice places to eat nearby. It has a good atmosphere, just like a family in a huge house.

• 11th Mar 2015

The hostel is very nice, stuff is very friendly and helpful. We got to the hostel very late at night ... after midnight... but the key was waiting for us and direction to our room. In the morning stuff helped us check in and out without problems. There is plenty of parking if you have a car. The house in which the hostel is at in nice and pretty. I'd defiantly stay there again if I'm back in town.

We liked it, it was kind of quirky and nice and quiet, which was great for sleeping off jet lag. We only stayed for two nights but would stay there again.

• 5th Mar 2015

2 bed mixed dorm doesn't work. As a female made me uncomfortable ... Particularly the male I shared with but that is no fault of the hostel

• 24th Feb 2015

Fairly basic hostel. I did enjoy the small room options. It's located close to Mt Eden park and several stores, but it is quite a hike from downtown.

Great stay at Bamber House! Spent 5 days there in a 4 bed room with my boyfriend and that was very nice! People working there are friendly and helpful, bedroom is big enough to have our 4 big bags inside, and are comfortable. Good facilities, useful kitchen and great place outside. Plus very easy to go downtown with the buses, and Mount Eden is really close.

A little further out of the city than intended (the walk home took a bit longer than the 30 mins and uphill) but otherwise fine. Easy parking and close to local restaurants/street shops and Mt Eden. Perfectly silent for a great night's sleep. Would definitely come back again. Thank you 😊

Beautiful building with a homely feel. Facilities, rooms and bedding are kept very clean. A long walk in to town cetre but only a 10 minute bus ride from right outside the door. The view from nearby Mount Eden is a must

Great staff, great location, great staff.

I traveled by car, so this was a great hostel for me: free parking, quiet neighborhood, store nearby and just a quick drive to the inner city. Staff was helpful and friendly, facilities clean. Stayed there at the beginning and the end of my trip, no complaints!

A very nice place to stay ! Safe and pretty calm, it was perfect to relax at our arrival in New Zealand..

Küche war nicht sauber!!! Zimmer jedoch!!

Great dorm/homely feel, only a $2 bus to the city.

Bon emplacement, manque de propreté à certains moments de la journée. Atmosphère vraiment bien.

Das Zimmer wurde während unseres Aufenthalts (3 Nächte) nicht einmal gereinigt und der Mülleimer nicht geleert. Die Spiegel hingen im Zimmer konsequent auf Zwergenhöhe. Die Küche ist kameraüberwacht. Ein Frühstück könnte bei dem Preis drin sein.

Je suis restée 4 nuits dans une chambre de 2 et j'ai passé 4 nuits très calmes, chambre propre, bien aménagée, wifi gratuit. Seul hic c'est de devoir payer pour avoir une lettre de justification de domicile pour ouvrir le compte à la banque. (De plus d'une personne à l'autre ils souhaitaient me la faire payer plus chère...)

• 29th Jan 2015

I'm sad we only spent one night here, and then left for the airport early in the morning. We didn't get a chance to see the whole place or to really do much in the area, but the cabin we stayed in was exceptional!

This hostel had the best bed I've ever slept on. It was so soft and comfortable! And the staff members were really helpful.

Bus ride from city center, very quiet though if you're looking to recover from jet lag. Not a lot going on in the common areas. Not very good internet, but that's true all over NZ. EXTREMELY CLEAN - one of the cleanest hostels I've been to. Main reason to stay here is because it's quiet and close to Mt. Eden - everything else is a bus ride away.

« first « Prev 1 2 3