Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

This hostel was one of the best hostels we stayed in during the first four months if our RTW trip. Time was flying there, we stayed 6 nights but it felt like 3. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and even picked us up from the airport. There's something different going on every night. We witnessed kava parties, different live musicians, a bonfire on the beach with an acrobatic fire show by the local talent. The food was delicious (try The Burger) and reasonably priced. Would stay again!

i would definitely stay here again and would happily recommend this hostel to anyone looking for accommodation that is simple and clean at a very decent price. They have great staff who have created a very easy going relaxed atmosphere, the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy the Fiji pace of life. The food is great, the activities and tours are great and the festivities every night are a great way to end these lovely days in paradise. Thank you :)

Lovely place.. full of travelers but with a relaxed atmosfere, and well located. GoodGood and cheap food also!!

For full review: https://howdareshetravel.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/hostel-review-bamboo-beach-nadi-fiji/ Friendliest staff ever! Location is good, directly on the beach, nestled in with several other hostels, so great community vibe. Right next to bus stop. Arrange your airport pickup in advance. Food is good. WiFi is ok. No guest-use kitchen or fridges. Would go back again and again just for the people. Enjoy cava time!! Not only the cava, but sitting, singing and enjoying company.

I didn't realize this, but you can't cook your own food. However, their kitchen makes amazing dishes! The staff is very friendly, but honestly I noticed a trend of people really trying to get you to buy their things or use their services so just keep that in mind and be firm in your answer. For a few days just to chill out though it was perfect. You can also schedule tours out to the other islands that will give you that more refined/resort feel. We were def. more rustic lol.

Awesome on the beach the hostel is really cool but have to take a bus or taxi to get to Nadi. Foods good at the hostel but more expensive then other restaurants and no kitchen to cook

I had a lovely stay at Bamboo Beach. Staff was very friendly and always ready to help. Heaps of organized free program which was nice. Some dorms doesn't have keys so basically anyone can walk in. However overall it was a good experience and I wish to come to this hostel again some day. Thank you.

Good hostel on the beach! Fun atmosphere to relax and have a few drinks before moving onto island hopping.

Bamboo is the friendliest, most Fijian and down-to-earth option, and the place I most enjoyed staying, in Nadi (and I stayed in most hostels here). Staff are lovely and you can socialise with them each evening, drinking kava + listening to their gorgeous voices. Dorms and private rooms are a good standard for cheaper accommodation, and the 16-bed dorm is large + spacious. The travel desk’s good at advising on the best options for different durations/budgets. Everyone I met loved the Bamboo vibe.

• 24th Mar 2015

I had to get a refund at bamboo because when I booked online it was already overbooked when I arrived. I went through hostelworld.com to get my refund. After a misunderstanding (that was because of mambo beach lied about something), I was givin a refund through the site.

• 16th Mar 2015

Bamboo Lodge is a great first location in Fiji. You can pre arrange with Bamboo lodge for free airport pickup, I stayed in the dorm room (coed). Fans in the ceiling help to cool down the dorm room. But elsewhere on property, there is opportunity for hot showers. Employees go out of their way to be courteous and ask how you are doing at Bamboo. Food is cooked well and reasonably priced. The bar has a happy hour daily. Every evening, Kava is available to sample with the while music is played!

Great Hostel, Great Staff, Great Rooms would definitely stay again and recommend.... If your going out to party make sure you find a staff member named Luke he will definitely show you a good night out in Nadi :D

This is the worst hostel that I stayed so far.

A friend and I stayed here for 2 nights, which we felt was one too many. It is really a bed for the night before going to the airport, you wouldn't want to stay here as part of your holiday. The dorms were very basic, some beds had no lockers and the toilets were dirty and smelly even though I saw them being cleaned. Breakfast wasn't included in the price either. The hostel isn't in nadi itself but a 50 min walk into town, so you can't really go anywhere. Not my fav place in Fiji!

Bula bula. Thank you for the feedback. We have shared your comments with our team and will strive to improve our guest experience in these key areas. The 16 bed dorm option is recommended for super low budget travellers who are happy to share bathrooms with many others (we clean them multiple times a day). Alternatively we can also offer smaller dorms with private ensuite toilets. Thanks again and we look forward to provide stronger and more consistent hospitality in future. the bamboo team.

The staff was busy chatting so I had to wait to check in at 8pm I get to my room and there is no ladder to get to the top bed. I asked for a ladder, or different bed, and they didn't have any. So they transfer me to their other property down the street which was a 12 bed when I paid for 8. But this was even worse because the AC was broken, but luckily their staff at their sister location was nicer, they moved me to another dorm no problem. Just not what you want to deal with after a long flight.

Really nice 16-bed dorm, with multiple fans: the best room I've seen of this size. Great vibe at night. Plus, it's so cheap!

Enjoyed my stay. Staff very enthusiastic, welcoming

• 31st Jan 2015

Had an awesome time ! The staff is so friendly and there are many activities. The beach is not what u expect for fiji.

At the Beach. Kava drinking. Guitar music. Good atmosphere. I loved it. - but it is not downtown. You need a car to go there.

Staff amazing. I landed late at night and had to leave early next morning so cant comment on area. dont think there is much around. certainly no shop at that time for ameneities, but staff organised car to take me to the gas station where i could grab some midnight snack. also cava tasting very enjoyable going on right outside the hostel. had private room to myself - perfect value for money big room with ac to get over the long flight before my transfer to an island resort the next day.staff gr8