Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

the only negative thing was that we had bedbugs in the room and they didn't really care/do anything against it.

Absolutely loved Bamboo, the staff were so friendly and helped us to plan our trips to the islands, and generally couldn't do enough for us, the kava sessions at night are good fun too, the food is great value, and an easy bus ride to town, with free pick up from the airport, would highly recommend this place to anyone

A great stopover on the mainland for me wonderful staff!

Had a great stay here!! The staff are friendly and helpful! Lots of activities and the restaurant food was delicious! The restaurant was quite over priced and the wifi signal was sketchy and intermittent but worked well when it worked. It was close and easy to the airport, a great place to start, get your barings and plan your next move. And is a close and cheap bus ride in to Nadi town to grocery shop!

Great place when you arrive at Nadi airport. Very reasonable pricing for rooms, food and drinks. The big dorms don't have any bunk beds what give you quite a lot space without compared to other hostels. The beach is not the nicest in Fiji but still it's a good place to start your traveling from there!

• 6th Sep 2014

Easy place to stay, good backpacker atmosphere. The staff were weird about bed assignments though - the dorm has both single and bunk beds, but if you're assigned a bunk bed (which are the same price as the singles) you're expected to stay in it, even if there are empty single beds. This seems a bit ridiculous - would first come, first serve really be that hard? On that basis I'd be hesitant to stay there again. Also there was no hot water - and for a hostel in Nadi this surprised me.

Bula vinaka and thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the bunk bed allocation issue. You are right and we will try and be more flexible in future. Regarding the water, we have a no hot water option for tight budget travellers ('16 Bed Dorm' or 'Twin Share') and also a hot water option too (all other rooms types!). Vinaka vaka levu and happy travels! the bamboo team.

Pros: Right on the beach. Some free daily activities and nightly kava, and even fire dancing some nights. Cons: No kitchen facilities, which meant you had to buy all your meals from their cafe. Also, no hot water.

The staff were amazing, friendly & knowledgeable. The food choice, quality and price were excellent. Private room, had a fridge, and was clean and comfortable, everything I needed. Bamboo was a great location, right on the Beach and with a pool. The sunsets were beautiful & lots of fun people around to have a drink with, cocktails, local beer, the best smoothies I have tasted. The nightly Kava sessions were great entertainment with guitar playing,singing, fire dancing. FREE WIFi. AWESOME.

Bamboo beach has a fantastic travellers atmosphere. Has a great bar area with a pool and it full of guests. The food is good too! I stayed in a private ensuite room. The room is nice but basic, what more do you need in Fiji! I only stayed one night however I would recommend staying here!

Super fun!, welcoming, Clean!, Only place with Free wifi! in Nadi! and SO CHEAP. definitely the place to stay in Nadi if you're a backpacker and looking for a fun time. Karva circle every night!. Sit around in a circle and take turns playing the guitar and singing fijian songs.Good variety of food at good price, great drinks. Bon fire parties, Everyone becomes you're friend instantly, I honestly had the best time. Absolutely no complaints

The location is ok (on the beach) though a bit far from the city centre. The only drawback is that there is no kitchen!!! You cannot cook your own meals!!! So, if like me, you don't have a car, you have to eat at the restaurant. The food is good but this is not money-saving at all!!!!! The free pick up from the airport is great. And last but not least, the staff is amazing!!! Thanks guys or making my stay very special!!

Perfect location at the beach, close to other restaurants and hotels, with good possibilites for different kind of activities and arranging day trips for hotel guests. Friendly and including staff.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Norway

The staff are amazing, very friendly and made my trip to Fiji. I would highly recommend staying here, would not waste your money on high end hotels. Only thing they need to fix are some of their showers which leak.

• 18th Jul 2014

It was just amazing, the people of the hostel are really nice and caring, i would go back evertime!

The 24hour pick up service with a smile was much appreciated

Great for short visits. Closest shop 30-40min walk away but they have a restaurant serving pretty ok (slightly overpriced, average of 12 fjd per meal) food. They also offer free transport from airport to the hostel which is great but to go back to the airport, you have to either walk (7km, 1h30min) or pay 14fjd for taxi.

Perfect location for a short stay close to the airport, but still at the beach! Awesome staff that is super helpful and friendly. The Restaurant and bar are very cheap and good. Furthermore the restaurant is directly on the beach which makes a great atmosphere. We had a big double bedroom with AC and our own bathroom and fridge. Moreover there was also a backdoor straight to the beach! Great hostel!!!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm glad we could stay at the Bamboo Beach. It is the perfect place to stay if you need to be close to the airport, but without any noise. Furthermore you're almost living on the beach and the food and drinks aren't expensive at all! We had a great stay, thank you very much!

I loved it! The staff is always smiling and very helpful. I stayed in Smugglers Cove first, but moved to Bamboo Beach, because the atmosphere was so much nicer :)

Nothing special. Dirty beach and sea. A lot of noise from construction of new hotel next door and also from planes, one of them woke me up in the morning. I had only dinner, rice with vegetable but it was too spicy without taste but only for 12 $ rest of meals for about 15 $. I slept in large dorm where are only 2 shower 1 male and 1 female and not enought plugs only at some of bed. One day is more then enough in this place.