Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Awesome on the beach the hostel is really cool but have to take a bus or taxi to get to Nadi. Foods good at the hostel but more expensive then other restaurants and no kitchen to cook

Good hostel on the beach! Fun atmosphere to relax and have a few drinks before moving onto island hopping.

Bamboo is the friendliest, most Fijian and down-to-earth option, and the place I most enjoyed staying, in Nadi (and I stayed in most hostels here). Staff are lovely and you can socialise with them each evening, drinking kava + listening to their gorgeous voices. Dorms and private rooms are a good standard for cheaper accommodation, and the 16-bed dorm is large + spacious. The travel desk’s good at advising on the best options for different durations/budgets. Everyone I met loved the Bamboo vibe.

• 24th Mar 2015

I had to get a refund at bamboo because when I booked online it was already overbooked when I arrived. I went through hostelworld.com to get my refund. After a misunderstanding (that was because of mambo beach lied about something), I was givin a refund through the site.

• 16th Mar 2015

Bamboo Lodge is a great first location in Fiji. You can pre arrange with Bamboo lodge for free airport pickup, I stayed in the dorm room (coed). Fans in the ceiling help to cool down the dorm room. But elsewhere on property, there is opportunity for hot showers. Employees go out of their way to be courteous and ask how you are doing at Bamboo. Food is cooked well and reasonably priced. The bar has a happy hour daily. Every evening, Kava is available to sample with the while music is played!

Great Hostel, Great Staff, Great Rooms would definitely stay again and recommend.... If your going out to party make sure you find a staff member named Luke he will definitely show you a good night out in Nadi :D

This is the worst hostel that I stayed so far.

A friend and I stayed here for 2 nights, which we felt was one too many. It is really a bed for the night before going to the airport, you wouldn't want to stay here as part of your holiday. The dorms were very basic, some beds had no lockers and the toilets were dirty and smelly even though I saw them being cleaned. Breakfast wasn't included in the price either. The hostel isn't in nadi itself but a 50 min walk into town, so you can't really go anywhere. Not my fav place in Fiji!

Bula bula. Thank you for the feedback. We have shared your comments with our team and will strive to improve our guest experience in these key areas. The 16 bed dorm option is recommended for super low budget travellers who are happy to share bathrooms with many others (we clean them multiple times a day). Alternatively we can also offer smaller dorms with private ensuite toilets. Thanks again and we look forward to provide stronger and more consistent hospitality in future. the bamboo team.

The staff was busy chatting so I had to wait to check in at 8pm I get to my room and there is no ladder to get to the top bed. I asked for a ladder, or different bed, and they didn't have any. So they transfer me to their other property down the street which was a 12 bed when I paid for 8. But this was even worse because the AC was broken, but luckily their staff at their sister location was nicer, they moved me to another dorm no problem. Just not what you want to deal with after a long flight.

Really nice 16-bed dorm, with multiple fans: the best room I've seen of this size. Great vibe at night. Plus, it's so cheap!

Enjoyed my stay. Staff very enthusiastic, welcoming

• 31st Jan 2015

Had an awesome time ! The staff is so friendly and there are many activities. The beach is not what u expect for fiji.

At the Beach. Kava drinking. Guitar music. Good atmosphere. I loved it. - but it is not downtown. You need a car to go there.

Staff amazing. I landed late at night and had to leave early next morning so cant comment on area. dont think there is much around. certainly no shop at that time for ameneities, but staff organised car to take me to the gas station where i could grab some midnight snack. also cava tasting very enjoyable going on right outside the hostel. had private room to myself - perfect value for money big room with ac to get over the long flight before my transfer to an island resort the next day.staff gr8

Bula The staff make this place, so friendly and they must take a happy pill each morning. The room we stayed in was a good size. There was a good choice of food, and a nice bar on the beach to watch the world go by. What more could you ask for

Nice hostel close to the airport and right on the beach. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great place to meet other travelers.

The hostel has got a lot of facilities like a little swimming pool, beach volleyball, table tennis, pool, restaurant, bar. The staff usually very helpful. The only down side is the location as there is no shop around and it is far from the main road. The restaurant and the bar is pricey. Public transport is very poor and comes a couple of times a day only. Taxis always around to get you a lift for $5 to get to the main road. The Internet is very slow most of the time. For a few days stay is ok.

If the weathers not to good then it can be a little dull here, but when the sun shines its a loverly spot to lay on the beach or by the pool and relax. But don't expect the beach to be like the dream fiji beachs that you see in magazines, you have to go out to an island for that, but still nice

We had the most amazing time at bamboo! All of the staff are so welcoming, they make you feel like part of the family! Even though we were only in nadi, we decided to stay the entire week instead of going to the islands because we didn't want to leave! The atmosphere was amazing, with kava and guitars every night! It was the most memorable stay of my travelling experience so far! When I return to Fiji, I will definitely be going back to bamboo, for longer!