Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Quite nice place, friendly staff that have plenty of advice to give you on where to go in Fiji. Nice place just by the beach, lots of backpacker. Recommend

I was only staying for one night and had to get up very early for airport the next morning but people here are so friendly, I still met people and had fun. On site restaurant serves good food, service maybe a little slow at peak dinner times but that's expected. Location decent, lots of other hotels and hostels with a minimart at the end of the road so good for getting snacks and sells souvenirs too. Kava circle was awesome, everybody really chill and staff playing guitar :) good taxi service

I only had one issue with bamboo, that they didn't honour their cancellation policy. I cancelled with them for one night, over 24 hours notice and was still charged full amount and told there nothing they could do. Apart from that everytjing else was perfect, great food staff and atmosphere.

Good place to stay for short periods

Nice place to chill out and rest before going or after arriving from the airport. Long black sand beach. kava welcoming session. Bar and catering on the beach. Facilities need maintenance. Take a padlock to use a locker in the dorms. Good for short stays.

A good hostel and fully booked whilst I was staying there so the atmosphere was nice. More backpackers than many of the other hostels nearby which helped. Cleanliness was slightly lacking; a lot of cat mess in and around the hostel which wasn't pleasant. Other than that I enjoyed my stay here.

Bula bula, thanks for the nice feedback and apologies for the pussycat situation. Some of our dorm guests spontaneously adopted a cute kitty, but when our housekeep team noticed the 'cat mess' we swiftly found kitty another home :) Vinaka and happy travels. the bamboo team.

Written on the hostelworld description that a free shuttle to the city exists which is not the case. Free pickup at the airport is nice - however dropping is charged. Breakfast not included.

Bula and thanks for the feedback. Yes we offer a free airport meet and pickup for our guests (please send us flight # in advance), but please note we have never offered a free shuttle to the city (we cannot see this written in our hostelworld description). For those seeking budget transport to the city, we recommend a local bus @ F$1.15pp :) Vinaka vaka levu. the bamboo team

Bamboo was a great place to stay! Staff were friendly and very helpful and always happy. I stayed 4 nights between heading to the Islands and the experience tour around main island feejee experience tour.

This hostel was one of the best hostels we stayed in during the first four months if our RTW trip. Time was flying there, we stayed 6 nights but it felt like 3. The staff is very friendly and helpfull and even picked us up from the airport. There's something different going on every night. We witnessed kava parties, different live musicians, a bonfire on the beach with an acrobatic fire show by the local talent. The food was delicious (try The Burger) and reasonably priced. Would stay again!

i would definitely stay here again and would happily recommend this hostel to anyone looking for accommodation that is simple and clean at a very decent price. They have great staff who have created a very easy going relaxed atmosphere, the perfect place to sit back, relax and enjoy the Fiji pace of life. The food is great, the activities and tours are great and the festivities every night are a great way to end these lovely days in paradise. Thank you :)

Lovely place.. full of travelers but with a relaxed atmosfere, and well located. GoodGood and cheap food also!!

For full review: https://howdareshetravel.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/hostel-review-bamboo-beach-nadi-fiji/ Friendliest staff ever! Location is good, directly on the beach, nestled in with several other hostels, so great community vibe. Right next to bus stop. Arrange your airport pickup in advance. Food is good. WiFi is ok. No guest-use kitchen or fridges. Would go back again and again just for the people. Enjoy cava time!! Not only the cava, but sitting, singing and enjoying company.

I didn't realize this, but you can't cook your own food. However, their kitchen makes amazing dishes! The staff is very friendly, but honestly I noticed a trend of people really trying to get you to buy their things or use their services so just keep that in mind and be firm in your answer. For a few days just to chill out though it was perfect. You can also schedule tours out to the other islands that will give you that more refined/resort feel. We were def. more rustic lol.

Awesome on the beach the hostel is really cool but have to take a bus or taxi to get to Nadi. Foods good at the hostel but more expensive then other restaurants and no kitchen to cook

I had a lovely stay at Bamboo Beach. Staff was very friendly and always ready to help. Heaps of organized free program which was nice. Some dorms doesn't have keys so basically anyone can walk in. However overall it was a good experience and I wish to come to this hostel again some day. Thank you.

Good hostel on the beach! Fun atmosphere to relax and have a few drinks before moving onto island hopping.

Bamboo is the friendliest, most Fijian and down-to-earth option, and the place I most enjoyed staying, in Nadi (and I stayed in most hostels here). Staff are lovely and you can socialise with them each evening, drinking kava + listening to their gorgeous voices. Dorms and private rooms are a good standard for cheaper accommodation, and the 16-bed dorm is large + spacious. The travel desk’s good at advising on the best options for different durations/budgets. Everyone I met loved the Bamboo vibe.

• 24th Mar 2015

I had to get a refund at bamboo because when I booked online it was already overbooked when I arrived. I went through hostelworld.com to get my refund. After a misunderstanding (that was because of mambo beach lied about something), I was givin a refund through the site.

• 16th Mar 2015

Bamboo Lodge is a great first location in Fiji. You can pre arrange with Bamboo lodge for free airport pickup, I stayed in the dorm room (coed). Fans in the ceiling help to cool down the dorm room. But elsewhere on property, there is opportunity for hot showers. Employees go out of their way to be courteous and ask how you are doing at Bamboo. Food is cooked well and reasonably priced. The bar has a happy hour daily. Every evening, Kava is available to sample with the while music is played!

Great Hostel, Great Staff, Great Rooms would definitely stay again and recommend.... If your going out to party make sure you find a staff member named Luke he will definitely show you a good night out in Nadi :D