Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Perfect location for a short stay close to the airport, but still at the beach! Awesome staff that is super helpful and friendly. The Restaurant and bar are very cheap and good. Furthermore the restaurant is directly on the beach which makes a great atmosphere. We had a big double bedroom with AC and our own bathroom and fridge. Moreover there was also a backdoor straight to the beach! Great hostel!!!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I'm glad we could stay at the Bamboo Beach. It is the perfect place to stay if you need to be close to the airport, but without any noise. Furthermore you're almost living on the beach and the food and drinks aren't expensive at all! We had a great stay, thank you very much!

I loved it! The staff is always smiling and very helpful. I stayed in Smugglers Cove first, but moved to Bamboo Beach, because the atmosphere was so much nicer :)

Nothing special. Dirty beach and sea. A lot of noise from construction of new hotel next door and also from planes, one of them woke me up in the morning. I had only dinner, rice with vegetable but it was too spicy without taste but only for 12 $ rest of meals for about 15 $. I slept in large dorm where are only 2 shower 1 male and 1 female and not enought plugs only at some of bed. One day is more then enough in this place.

Had an absolute blast! Staff were super friendly. Thoroughly recommend sitting round the Kava bowl and listening to the boys on the guitar. Room was nice and clean. Awesome location, right by the beach and close to airport. Can’t wait to come back next time!

• 4th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

This is a good place to stay, near the airport, for a night or two before going to the islands. The beach is alright but the resort area could do with a tidy so any more nights and you'd start to feel like you're not getting the paradise Fiji experience. Our room was fine for the money, good wifi and tasty food. On coming back to the mainland a night before our flight we've stayed in the cheaper Beach Escape hostel about 2 seconds away from Bamboo - cheaper beer!

Very nice backpackers, staff so friendly and good location!

• 28th May 2014

First of all the staff were great! They made it a great stay and made me feel welcome, with many of them remembering everyone's name. The location is good for Nadi, there's shops/markets near by for a $5FJD taxi ride and the place is literally on the beach. I have been travelling for 3 months and in comparison the facilities are dirty and a little run down. But it is a place were you can forget about that kinda stuff and enjoy your stay. PS there are no lockers, only a luggage room and no fridge

Bamboo doesn't live up to it's reviews. It's very dated, very old, noisy at night, water is brown - possibly the only way to have a good night's sleep is if you are completely drunk. The food is about 5/10 at the restaurant. With all this said, the staff are super friendly, easy to deal with. The kava ceremonies are excellent and lead by great hosts. The locals who hang around the hostel are wonderful and friendly. Right on the beach, with good views and comfortable atmosphere. Thanks!

Bula Vinaka. Thanks for the great feedback and apologies that we did not meet your expectation. We will address your issues in a staff meeting to encourage improvements. Our entire area has been facing water issues lately but all is back to normal now! For travellers seeking a simple budget room and warm, island-style hospitality, we recommend our spot. For those seeking a room with hotel style amenities for a few extra $$ we highly recommend Aquarius or Nadi Bay. Thanks again and happy travels.

Well, it's a nice location, but the shower was my first night freezing cold and the other day not working at all. Male housekeeping came in the female bathroom, without knocking. They stayed in the room for hours, without really cleaning.

Bula vinaka, thanks for the feedback and apologies for these unusual issues that you have faced. Unfortunately our entire has had water problems over this last week but all is back to normal now! Please note our big dorm offers no hot water but all other rooms have a hot water bathroom. And our sincere apologies about your housekeep issues. We have had a very good shakeup in our housekeep about this. We hope you get a chance to return one day. Vinaka vaka levu and happy travels. The Bamboo Crew.

Shower in room did not work! Mouse in room. Wifi is good. Staff and beach good. Stay at smugglers though- it has good food.

Bula vinaka. Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately our entire area had water problems last week but all is back to normal now :) And apologies for that little mouse, we found him, and the naughty guest who left food open in the dorm has vacated! For those who seek a more upmarket room and cafe for a few extra $$, we also recommend Smugglers, For travellers seeking a simple, friendly, and atmospheric travel base for Fiji, we highly recommend Bamboo! Cheers for the nice comments and best regards.

Amazing hostel! I loved it - atmosphere is fun and friendly, rooms are clean and spacious, bar and restaraunt are great and plenty of organised free activities to enjoy . The staff work hard to make you feel welcome and are enjoying yourself- especially Simon who's always around to play, is amazing on the guitar singing at kava sessions, and goes out of his way to make you have fun while staying there. Would recommend Bamboo 100%.

• 13th May 2014
  • Scotland

It's one of the best places for a stop or stay in Nadi. You got a nice staff and location wich is totally Fiji-Style. and you got free WIFI ;). It's really worth the money.

• 12th May 2014

Great lively hostel. Staff are very friendly, no locks on dorm doors anyone can come an go. Fiji life i suppose.

Real Fijian athmosphere! Super friendly staff, they make every day amazing :) Cute hostel that has a good chilled out spirit; enjoy some kava, eat good affordable meals. Highly recommend!! :)

Planned to stay a night and ended up staying for a week, staff were so friendly, excellent value, food great! Planning to go back.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you to everyone the staff were amazing I was there by myself and they made me feel so welcome . Kava nights very cool singing and laughing . My room was very clean and new towel most days . Lovo on a Sunday night amazing the feel of Fiji :) learnt a few Fijian words to .. Would be back in a flash . Saving now to come back ...

• 29th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time staying at Bamboo, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was awesome and it's a great place to hang out and meet other travellers.

• 24th Apr 2014

The lovely and helpful staff reply me our stay enjoyable. Activities and entertainment, such as fire dancing, were very good!

I had a room to myself, which I paid for, but the room had a few inconveniences like blocked drain in the bathroom, broken curtains, no coffee-making facilities and certainly no small fridge. The noise and music went on until past 2.00 a.m. which made me very tired the first few days after my arrival.

• 8th Apr 2014

Bula bula and thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear of your less than perfect stay and will target these issues immediately. Our Maintenance team are ready 24/7 to fix any critical issues such as blocked drains and jammed curtains. Also, we offer a fridge in our AC rooms only ;) For any guests seeking a hotel-style room for extra $$$ then we recommend Aquarius or Nadi Bay. For travellers seeking a simple room with fun, friendly, atmospheric island-style hospitality, we recommend Bamboo!