Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

The lovely and helpful staff reply me our stay enjoyable. Activities and entertainment, such as fire dancing, were very good!

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are generally clean. A good place for chilling out.

Fantastic hostel! right on the beach with a pool, bar and restaurant. I stayed here before and after my north island trip (also highly recommended and the front desk is super helpful and will give all the details and book the trip for you). The atmosphere was awesome and the nightly kava ceremonies were a great way to meet fellow travelers. The staff are also great and make you feel like part of the family. I will definitely be back again.

• 2nd Apr 2014

Great value for the money. Cheap place to stay.

My stay at Bamboo has been totally amazing! The staff are so friendly, everyone here is treated like family, you can just join in the nightly kava ceremony and hang out by the pool or on the beach during the day. The hostel is super clean and they have 24 hr security as well as lockers in the dorm, so it's a really safe place to stay. And the food at the cafe is to die for! Tip: book your day trips with the Bamboo travel desk, they'll take care of everything for you and save you some money.

Too few toilets, and they where nasty and old. No bins in the room?! And espescially not in the bathroom. Beds not comfortable and room didnt feel that clean, and not safe because of no key to the room. Common area small and nasty sofas. Staff friendly and nice, chill place and lots of good activities! Breakfast quite poor.

Bula Vinaka and thanks for your feedback. We have assessed your issues and will target to improve / upgrade in all those areas specified. Please note that our 16 bed dorms have 2 boys and 2 girls toilets in each (1 per 4 people). For those seeking a spot with more hotel-style amenities, we recommend Nadi Bay and Aquarius. For simple budget travellers seeking fun, friendly Fijian style hospitality we recommend Bamboo :) Vinaka and happy travels. The Bamboo Crew

Its a great hostel, all the staff rock. great kava sessions. great jam sessions, fire shows, nice pool, etc. the beach there is muddy. not good for a swim. not what you'd expect of fiji. the tours they offer are expensive as hell. but if ya have the cash go for it. the places they go are beautiful. if youve come for the crystal blue water and the golden beaches than come for a night or two to get settled and head off. or hang around and party

• 14th Mar 2014

The staff are some of the best iv had backpacking definitely the best in Fiji always there to help. The location isn't good tho, its a bit out the way and not much to see but close to airport. I treated myself to my own room which was really big and also had a really big cockroach on the shower head to keep me company.... He's still on the bottom of my flip flops! Met some cool ppl and some weird locals.

• 7th Mar 2014

I loved the Kava nights! the atmosphere is fantastic, i met wonderful people from all over the world. the food is very delicious. for a short stay, bamboo is the best choice!

• 28th Feb 2014

daily free activities and keen to help friendly staff are a highlight here. it can get a little noisy but the atmosphere makes up for it.

Staff is Suuuuper friendly, always helpful & ALWAYS smiling. They closed down guest kitchen while here, a shame because when you travel on a budget you don't wanna have to eat in their restaurant every day! Good restaurant though with many choices. Wifi good (1 hour free a day, otherwise you pay for more). They clean your bed with new sheets, wash floor etc. every single day. Even though it's low season now the place is full every single day so the atmosphere here is awesome! Would stay again.

Cool Place, friendly staff, coming back again

There is not security at all, there is no lock or key in the dorms, so anyone can go in. For that I got robbed my iphone, my camara and some money. Other people of the room got robbed too, while we all were sleeping. The power and the aircon works like half of the hours of the day... There at least one hour of waiting in the restaurant... If you don't consider the robbery, is a good place. Just don't leave anything valuable in the room.

bula vinaka, we would again like to offer our sincere apologies for this rare and unfortunate incident. We now understand that the thief was another guest staying in the same dorm and are hopeful to retrieve the items. Please send us your details to complete the police report. We completely agree with your comment not to leave valuables unsecured in the room and highly recommend our free safety deposit box service at our front desk and also one of our 2 free guest locker rooms. vinaka vaka levu.

Good place to start a trip in fiji, staff is super friendly and helpful! It's a good place for a couple of nights, wouldn't stay much longer though.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed one night before and after our island hopping tour. Excellent value for money place. If you have no pre bookings they can organise several island hopping trips. Very chilled atmosphere, good food and bar plus friendly staff. Daily cava ceremony with music and a lot of stories. Free pic-up service from the airport.

Great staff, always stuff going on!

Room didn't have a key but never had any issues. Staff really are the key to this place, couldn't be more helpful!

Incredibly friendly atmosphere and staff, combined with crazy cheap price and decent dorm made this a fantastic hostel!

Not as expected at all. Very dirty and bad condition in general.

• 5th Dec 2013
  • Denmark

Bula vinaka, thanks for the review and sorry that we were not the right spot for you. Our housekeeping team are determined to keep our rooms clean but they have received a shake-up regarding your review and will target improvement. We offer simple rooms on a budget. For seeking a flash room with hotel amenities for a few extra $$$, we highly recommend Aquarius or Nadi Bay. For travellers seeking a fun, friendly and atmospheric Fiji base, we recommend Bamboo! Vina'a :) The Bamboo Tribe

Bamboo Beach was awesome, I met some great people!!! The staff were extremely helpful - Sugar and Ben especially. The hostel has a pool, bar, kava parties, flame shows, and even organises tours and trips for anyone! I read some of the other comments here, and yes, perhaps they don't have an ATM, and perhaps the internet could be better, and perhaps the restaurant could be faster - but this is a pretty cheap hostel on the beach; not a hotel. And for a hostel, I'd say it's absolutely fantastic.