Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Hostel has great beach location and good vibe. Kitchen offers good food at good prices. Kava every night for the curious.

I stayed in the dorm. WOW! No bunk beds! I had heaps of space with no one on top of me squeaking or having to clamber up onto the top bunk. Key card provides good security and lockers included. Supermarket up the road gives cheap food options for snacks - $3 FJ beers.

Lovely staff, especially your man Bill and Epi 😉

• 19th Jan 2016

would have liked more rackspace in the shower

• 17th Jan 2016

Great spot! The staff are incredible, especially Raf, George, and basically all of the front desk people. They really give you an amazing Fijian experience. The 16 bed dorm was open and clean with a beautiful view. They have tons of day trips too, definitely go see the rock pools!

Very friendly staff, comfortable beds and very good air con. The wifi was good when it was working!!

Perfect for travellers and a great destination to start your journey in Fiji. Staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, especially holly. We asked her to find us the cheapest deal to visit the islands and she did so very efficiently and quickly giving us exactly what we wanted. At first we were apprehensive about the food here as the prices were so cheap yet we have been pleasantly surprised and enjoyed every meal here, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Rooms are fab. Would deffo stay here again!

Great place to stay on the mainland in Fiji. Really basic but cheap dorm rooms close to the beach. On site cafe and bar is great value and has awesome food and drinks. Pool on the beach front. Couldn't get better value for your money. Staff communication is poor. Hardly ever saw the same reception staff twice meaning messages/questions we had didn't get passed through.

We found this hostel really unwelcoming as the staff were unhelpful when we arrived and quite rude. It was also hard to get information from the travel desk person working that night. They did collect us from the airport which was extremely helpful, and the food was good and not too expensive. It's a fine hostel to stay at if you're waiting for your flight the next day or something but I wouldn't recommend it for someone to stay at for a while.

Stay at Smugglers Cove, but eat here. The most uncomfortable and noisiest bunk bed I have used in 4 months. It's cheap but for a reason. Stay down the road and come here for food as it is good price and quality. Not all beds have lockers and these are small. Dorms are located on a different site to beach and restaurant bar.

Decent hostel with a good vibe. Food is fine but takes forever to come out. Stayed for 2 nights before heading off to another island and found it a great place to start. Would recommend as a stopover point in Nadi but not if you're looking for a beautiful beach location.

• 25th Dec 2015

This hostel is great! The staff are so friendly, the atmosphere is great, option of the beach or pool. Location is ideal as a base and then go island hopping. I stayed in a private room & it was one of the best I've stayed in. Very clean, large bed, air con & my own bathroom. The food was amazing too. Highly recommend staying here.

We decided to stay here as it was a recommendation. The staff were friendly, chatty and very welcoming. We decided to decided to do a trek with a local villager (we can't remember his name). He told us a brief history of the village and then we trekked through the jungle and met a phew villagers living amongst the forest. We got to a waterfall and then when we returned the family we met made us curry and had cocunuts. It was a real off the beaten track tour and we loved it.

I loved staying here, in fact I kept coming back. The staff are fantastic and are responsible for it's great vibe and friendly atmosphere.

I lost one hour at the migration so the airport pickup already left. But they paid the taxi from the airport to the hostel (15 F$).

First day was a mess. waited over an hour to be picked up at the airport after confirming via email a transfer. when I called them I got told oh soz get a taxi. then had to wait for over 2 hours just for someone to put clean sheets on my bed. Other than that all went pretty smoothly. but it was a pretty terrible way to start especially after no sleep

The grand dorm isn't super clean or nice, but the smaller A/C rooms are fantastic! The facilities with A/C are amazing and the security feels much safer. The staff are very friendly and helpful! They helped us book places the next day!

Check in takes a long time as many people arrive at the same time, often. Free airport pickup took a long time as on my 4 seats at a time, and again, many people often arrive at the same time. No tea or coffee making facilities any more. Free ATM at Denaru Port if heading to the islands. No need to use the one at the hostel, as it charges! Staff very friendly and helpful.

Bamboo was absolutely phenomenal. Great value for your money. The staff were incredible going above and beyond to make you feel welcomed. The kitchen was so accommodating for my nutritional needs and allergies. They honestly made myself and friend feel like family. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• 19th Nov 2015

Great hostel, really good atmosphere and lots of fun! Easy to meet people if you're travelling alone like I was. Located on the beach and there's a nice pool too. Loved my stay here and would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3