Bamboo Beach Reviews

33 Newtown Beach, Wailoaloa Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Enjoyed my stay. Staff very enthusiastic, welcoming

• 31st Jan 2015

Had an awesome time ! The staff is so friendly and there are many activities. The beach is not what u expect for fiji.

At the Beach. Kava drinking. Guitar music. Good atmosphere. I loved it. - but it is not downtown. You need a car to go there.

Staff amazing. I landed late at night and had to leave early next morning so cant comment on area. dont think there is much around. certainly no shop at that time for ameneities, but staff organised car to take me to the gas station where i could grab some midnight snack. also cava tasting very enjoyable going on right outside the hostel. had private room to myself - perfect value for money big room with ac to get over the long flight before my transfer to an island resort the next day.staff gr8

Bula The staff make this place, so friendly and they must take a happy pill each morning. The room we stayed in was a good size. There was a good choice of food, and a nice bar on the beach to watch the world go by. What more could you ask for

Nice hostel close to the airport and right on the beach. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great place to meet other travelers.

The hostel has got a lot of facilities like a little swimming pool, beach volleyball, table tennis, pool, restaurant, bar. The staff usually very helpful. The only down side is the location as there is no shop around and it is far from the main road. The restaurant and the bar is pricey. Public transport is very poor and comes a couple of times a day only. Taxis always around to get you a lift for $5 to get to the main road. The Internet is very slow most of the time. For a few days stay is ok.

If the weathers not to good then it can be a little dull here, but when the sun shines its a loverly spot to lay on the beach or by the pool and relax. But don't expect the beach to be like the dream fiji beachs that you see in magazines, you have to go out to an island for that, but still nice

We had the most amazing time at bamboo! All of the staff are so welcoming, they make you feel like part of the family! Even though we were only in nadi, we decided to stay the entire week instead of going to the islands because we didn't want to leave! The atmosphere was amazing, with kava and guitars every night! It was the most memorable stay of my travelling experience so far! When I return to Fiji, I will definitely be going back to bamboo, for longer!

the food they sell is so yummie. typical fijian and very good prices. I would go back to this hostel, just for the food. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are a bit small, but clean. ī stayed in the girls dorm. every bed had reading lamp and power plug. always nice to have. Nice hostel at the beach. i would totally recommend staying here.

the only negative thing was that we had bedbugs in the room and they didn't really care/do anything against it.

Fantastic hostel! Staff really looks out for you and wants the best for you. Nadi city is nothing special, but Bamboo brings out the best of the area. Large dorms have no hot water, but the cool showers are actually refreshing. No free breakfast, however, meals are cooked there and valued well. Free airport shuttle to hostel - not return. Very clean room! Can book island tours right at hostel. Don't miss out on their sister hostel in Taveuni. AMAZING hostel and island there. They arrange transfe

Absolutely loved Bamboo, the staff were so friendly and helped us to plan our trips to the islands, and generally couldn't do enough for us, the kava sessions at night are good fun too, the food is great value, and an easy bus ride to town, with free pick up from the airport, would highly recommend this place to anyone

A great stopover on the mainland for me wonderful staff!

Had a great stay here!! The staff are friendly and helpful! Lots of activities and the restaurant food was delicious! The restaurant was quite over priced and the wifi signal was sketchy and intermittent but worked well when it worked. It was close and easy to the airport, a great place to start, get your barings and plan your next move. And is a close and cheap bus ride in to Nadi town to grocery shop!

Great place when you arrive at Nadi airport. Very reasonable pricing for rooms, food and drinks. The big dorms don't have any bunk beds what give you quite a lot space without compared to other hostels. The beach is not the nicest in Fiji but still it's a good place to start your traveling from there!

• 6th Sep 2014

Easy place to stay, good backpacker atmosphere. The staff were weird about bed assignments though - the dorm has both single and bunk beds, but if you're assigned a bunk bed (which are the same price as the singles) you're expected to stay in it, even if there are empty single beds. This seems a bit ridiculous - would first come, first serve really be that hard? On that basis I'd be hesitant to stay there again. Also there was no hot water - and for a hostel in Nadi this surprised me.

Bula vinaka and thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the bunk bed allocation issue. You are right and we will try and be more flexible in future. Regarding the water, we have a no hot water option for tight budget travellers ('16 Bed Dorm' or 'Twin Share') and also a hot water option too (all other rooms types!). Vinaka vaka levu and happy travels! the bamboo team.