Bamboo Hostel Haad Rin Reviews

94/81 Moo 6, Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

I stayed at Bamboo Hostel for the Full Moon Party and I was pleased with how everyone in this hostel respected each other. There are a lot beds and things could get out of hand but it turned out to be great as people were very social and kind towards one another. There are small lockers to put valuables in but I would be very surprised if someone got something stolen here. Special mention to Mama Thai and the tattoo artists who made this an enjoyable experience.

Felt like I was back at home staying in this hostel! Mama Thai is the sweetest lady ever and she preaches that she's available 24/7 if anything goes wrong - which is definitely the 'safety net' you need around the time of the full moon. Atmosphere here was fab - pre drinks allowed downstairs in the lobby! Only negative was the broken door of the shower which let mozzys in sometimes. Perfect location for full moon!

This place was a great shout for the full moon party. The owner is a class act and will be hard to beat. Full moon bbq and face paint was a loverly touch. It's a stone throw from the beach and local dining. You can't go wrong. The price is typical of Haad Rin around full moon and the number of beds alongside each other is also typical. Get to this place and have a smashing time!

The Hostel is above a Tattoo studio and easy to find. We stayed over the full moon party here and it was a good decision to stay there. It is only 5min walk to the Fullmoon Party and you have a few good restaurants around the hostel. The woman who owns the hostel is such a good person she did everything for us that we had a great time there. On the Fullmoon Party day we had a free BBQ in the evening and we got free colors to paint us. I would come again!

• 26th Sep 2015

This is your standard converted hostel in Koh Phanghan, perfect for full moon. basic beds and bathrooms but good air con and storage! The owner is the nicest lady ever and makes staying here so worthwhile, free barbecue and paint on full mon night! She also went so out of her way for me and my friend when we both lost things (sent her husband to collect my phone and posted my friends glasses to our next destination!) Above and beyond - STAY HERE!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Brilliant hostel. Strong air con, clean sheets, nice atmosphere and the hosts were 2 of the nicest people Haad Rin

• 27th Aug 2015