Bamboo Hostel Haad Rin Reviews

94/81 Moo 6, Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Felt like I was back at home staying in this hostel! Mama Thai is the sweetest lady ever and she preaches that she's available 24/7 if anything goes wrong - which is definitely the 'safety net' you need around the time of the full moon. Atmosphere here was fab - pre drinks allowed downstairs in the lobby! Only negative was the broken door of the shower which let mozzys in sometimes. Perfect location for full moon!

This place was a great shout for the full moon party. The owner is a class act and will be hard to beat. Full moon bbq and face paint was a loverly touch. It's a stone throw from the beach and local dining. You can't go wrong. The price is typical of Haad Rin around full moon and the number of beds alongside each other is also typical. Get to this place and have a smashing time!

The Hostel is above a Tattoo studio and easy to find. We stayed over the full moon party here and it was a good decision to stay there. It is only 5min walk to the Fullmoon Party and you have a few good restaurants around the hostel. The woman who owns the hostel is such a good person she did everything for us that we had a great time there. On the Fullmoon Party day we had a free BBQ in the evening and we got free colors to paint us. I would come again!

• 26th Sep 2015

This is your standard converted hostel in Koh Phanghan, perfect for full moon. basic beds and bathrooms but good air con and storage! The owner is the nicest lady ever and makes staying here so worthwhile, free barbecue and paint on full mon night! She also went so out of her way for me and my friend when we both lost things (sent her husband to collect my phone and posted my friends glasses to our next destination!) Above and beyond - STAY HERE!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Brilliant hostel. Strong air con, clean sheets, nice atmosphere and the hosts were 2 of the nicest people Haad Rin

• 27th Aug 2015

Mamma Thai is the nicest woman on the island! Puts on a free BBQ for everyone and free paint before the full moon. So close to the beach as well!

The facilities aren't stellar but this is a great place to stay if you want to be near Haad Rin beach and meet lots of people. The owner was fantastic and even barbecued for all the guests before the full moon party.

What an awesome hostel!!!! Really friendly atmosphere, good wifi, comfortable beds, close enough to the partying but far enough away for quiet time. Very good lockers which are in reception where there is always someone around. Mama runs it and is such a lovely lady always willing to help and good English. She supplies paint for jungle and full moon party and free bbq on full moon party night plus cheap 150 baht buckets!!! Thank you mama thai!!!!! Would definitely stay again!

I had the best time of my life in Thailand staying in this hostel. Mel aka Mama Thai! She is the best host that I've met in my entire Thailand trip! When I come back to Koh Phangan, I will definitely come to this hostel again.

fantastic place for the fullmoon Or partying in general.... the dorm is absolutely fine and the owner is just the best! I felt so welcome and she made all hostel guests mini BBQ for the preparty for the fullmoon. also she offered bodypaint for free!

Excellent! Very friendly staff and superb location.