Bamboo Paradise Reviews

Jalan Penataran Agung, Padang Bai, Indonesia

- relaxing atmosphere in the "main" room - good breakfast, you could choose between 4 menues - flush for the toilet did not work properly - dogs were barking in the night, no sleep

• 16th Apr 2015

This place was perfect ! Danny and Angie look after you very well, and everything is chill! I loved pandang bai, wish I stayed longer !!

This hostel was pretty empty in terms of travellers, but the staff were more or less there when you needed them. Decent air con in the rooms.

The hostel has a very relaxing and laid back feel. It isn't too big which allows for a more intimate atmosphere, and you get to know the other guests better. It is located near the white sand beach of Padang Bai.

great place to stay, the most incredible place up a hill where you can join yoga classes and their banana pancakes for breakfast are a winner.

Bamboo Paradise is Lieke the name says, a little paradise. The atmosphere is nice and easy, staff is really friendly, helpfull and flexible and although not that big enough opportunities to meet other travellers. I loved it!

Delicious breakfeast, very nice staff, beautifull garden :)

Great atmosphere lovely people and delicious breakfast

• 29th Nov 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The staff welcomed me in and it feel like a home more than just a bed to sleep in. Thanks to Danny and Anggie for making my stay memorable. I'll be heading back to stay again soon !

• 27th Nov 2014

I can forgive not having hot water or reliable wifi even when it's advertised -- in the less developed parts of the world, that's never dependable. What really irked me was that they told us we weren't allowed to lock our room, and they added a fifth person/mattress to the floor of our 4 person room, but didn't compensate us with a discount despite the fact that there was barely space to walk. Bathroom sink was broken. Oh and they charge to refill water bottles (no hotpot).

One of the most welcoming place I have ever been! Angie & Dany give you right from the beginning the feeling you are part of the family, very warm from the heart. Kadek & Deva are the most friendliest staff I ever experienced & I stayed for a week! Every day friendly, smiling, never a bad mood - like it is a pleasure to serve & help you out! Fantastic start - was really hard to leave... Thank you soooo much for everything!

• 23rd Nov 2014

Hostel was fully booked, but only locals were hanging out there (with hostel staff) and I felt uncomfortable around one of them Hostel is located on dark road with lots of dogs and garbage everywhere. Reception is in the back, rooms are right by the street. I did not feel safe and did not sleep well because the hostel's dog was barking in front of my door and chickens/roosters started at 3:40 in the morning. Beach was still 15-20 min walk. Positive notes: friendly owner, clean room, breakfast

Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was delicious. Nice garden and common area. Padang Bai gets really busy during the day, because most of the ferries to the Gilis start form here. I spend two night in Padang Bai, which was ok. Try Blue Lagoon beach during the day. Staff wil certainly help you with further recommendations.

it was great! it felt more like couchsurfing to me:) one day i got an invitation from the staff to join a local jam session, which was great:) breakast is included; i liked the pancakes the best;) the only downpart, for me as a non-smoker, was that there is a lot of smokers, which was not always pleasant with the cigarette smoke. also, if you want to go diving everyday you might want to choose to stay "downtown", its all walkable, but still nicer to have what you want next door.