Bamboo Paradise Reviews

Jalan Penataran Agung, Padang Bai, Indonesia

I loved Bamboo Hostel and wished I could have stayed longer. Ayesha is super friendly and will offer help and advice when needed. Breakfast was great, and the outside area comfy enough to sit and chill/chat with other travellers.

Very friendly and welcoming staff, trying to accomodate everybodies needs.

• 19th Mar 2014

As good as you can expect from a dorm hostel. The owner was really amazing when she helped us get to the boat when we had been stomach sick the whole night..! All the staff was so nice and kind. Closest possible location for a walk to the white sand beach. Wasn't able to serve dinner the night we arrived though...

Nice location and all the facilities you'll need. Be careful not to pay their young driver directly if you arrange pick-up - he was happy to take the money without explaining that we're supposed to pay on check out, and when questioned he told the owner he 'couldn't remember' if we'd paid or not.

No water in the morning.

Sarah was amazing, very helpful and nice.

Dirty and full of bugs. No hot water (even though they say they do), wifi only in common area and it was slow. Staff where away when we were there, person they left in charge was useless. Left a negative review on TripAdvidsor giving my full opinion of MY experience and got a stroppy email after telling me off for doing so (didn't realise it was only there for good reviews!) bathroom was horrible, room wasn't cleaned during our stay. Lots of stray dogs. Breakfast was good.

My stay in Padangbai in the bamboo hostel was my best experience in my whole Bali Trip... After two nights I extended for another three nights and went back for another three nights after Gili Islands. The Dorm with four very comfortable beds was huge, every bed has their own light and a plug in and we each had a fan and a locker. There was a big seating area outside where I met great people and breakfast was very delicious. I will miss my bamoo paradise family a lot, thank you for everything !

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

It's a wonderful and peaceful place, the staff and their service was excellent! We really enjoyed our stay! Terima kasih banyak, Remo and Lisa.

wonderful stay with a great host and staff!

• 4th Jan 2014

Bamboo Paradise is a great place to chill out and meet people. The owner Ayesha and her staff are fantastic. I was originally suppose to stay for a few days but ended up staying for a week and stopped off again after the Gilis. I had an incredible Balinese Christmas and the hostel is close to White Sand Beach which is perfect for relaxing and snorkelling. I would highly recommend staying at Bamboo and spending some time in Padang Bai.

Had a peaceful stay at Bamboo Paradise, Ayesha the owner was very accommodating. There's a cosy feel to the atmosphere as the hostel only boast a handful of rooms therefore a perfect place to chill out. There is also a lovely quiet little beach nestled within a 10 minute walk behind the hostel perfect for swimming and catching some rays.

I couldn't have asked for more from my stay at Bamboo Paradise. I only meant to stay in Padang Bai to break up the journey to Lombok, but Ayesha and her team have been more than hospitably friendly, helpful and full of useful information about the local area. The guesthouse is located away a few minutes walk away from the main strip, but closer to both the ferry port and a smaller, quieter, but incredibly beautiful white sand beach - which is by far the nicest in the area!