Bamboo Paradise Reviews

Jalan Penataran Agung, Padang Bai, Indonesia

cozy, laid-back place with great opportunity to meet common travellers and relax some days at the small harbour place Padang Bay. Great Breakfast included!

Ayesha is a great host taking plenty of time to go over the map pointing out the best places to eat and how to get to the beaches etc. Ayesha lives at the homestay and this makes it feel like home. Her 3 staff Arenna, Dewia and Kadek are great. Very friendly, always smiling and laughing and are also excellent cooks. Ayesha sometimes serves food in the evenings. This is good Indonesian home cooking and some of the best food I had in Indonesia at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Run by Ayesha, a very helpful, chatty, and possibly mad Belgian. Lovely atmosphere, welcoming aircon, spacious dorm room with sizeable ensuite bathroom, just outside the centre of the village so quite quiet (the tannoys from arriving ferries isn’t offensive). Close to beach but along a steep stony barefoot-unfriendly trackway. Only intended to stay 1 night; sad I had to leave after 2 as it was full.

Bamboo Paradise was really amazing !! The owner was very nice and friendly, we had a great time with her in the commun area in the little garden. The room was clean and the bathroom too. It is not so far from the white sand beach and the port to go to Lombok. I don't know about the dorms, but the private room was perfect and a great money value. I definitly recommend this guesthouse for a short stay in beautiful Padang Bai!

To improve the toilet ventilation system, eg: toilet airflow hole should be facing ourward , not designed the waste air flow into the bedroom. Or install an exhaust fan or an open window in the toilet to have a better air flow system.

As hard as I try, I don't think I can find one thing that was even remotely unsatisfying. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast is awesome (chocolate banana pancake was to die for), the location is great (you cannot stay closer to Bias Tugul beach) and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful :) Had a great time!

• 4th May 2014
  • Slovakia

If you want the best vibe in town, go here! Great place to meet other travelers in the common area, and owner Ayesha is the most accommodating host ever! She kept the beers coming, shared her knowledge and made and had a few with us too!

Wifi is only in the common area. Breakfast is awesome! Staff are awesome! Chill atmosphere.

I loved Bamboo Hostel and wished I could have stayed longer. Ayesha is super friendly and will offer help and advice when needed. Breakfast was great, and the outside area comfy enough to sit and chill/chat with other travellers.

Very friendly and welcoming staff, trying to accomodate everybodies needs.

• 19th Mar 2014

As good as you can expect from a dorm hostel. The owner was really amazing when she helped us get to the boat when we had been stomach sick the whole night..! All the staff was so nice and kind. Closest possible location for a walk to the white sand beach. Wasn't able to serve dinner the night we arrived though...

Nice location and all the facilities you'll need. Be careful not to pay their young driver directly if you arrange pick-up - he was happy to take the money without explaining that we're supposed to pay on check out, and when questioned he told the owner he 'couldn't remember' if we'd paid or not.