Bamboo Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Lacerda Coutinho # 45, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I stayed at the Bamboo for 1 night. The staff is helpful and nice, the hostel is clean and the bed was okay, but the atmosphere was poor and the bar area is too warm to have a good time. In other hostels you get air condition in the room for the same price, we just had two fans on 9 people. Not the best hostel I've stayed. It was very clean though

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Norway

We stayed at the hostel for carnival and it was a ton of fun! There was a happy hour every night for a full hour which was nice. We were in a female room in the attic and there was plenty of space and an on suite plus plenty of bathrooms throughout the hostel. The facilities were great, there was ALWAYS someone cleaning. The location was prime and the social areas were good. The Internet in our room was none existent but that was ok. I am returning to this hostel in a couple of days! :)

This place is awsome! Really good location! Very near copacabana beach, the breakfast has eggs and sausage and staff is amazing they would help you in any moment. Also clean baths with good hot showers. We made a nice barbecue there and they have a happy hour with free caipirinhas everyday! Just amazing!!!

I couldn't be more satisfied. The hostel is quite well located on a calm and security street but you can definitly find a lot of fun around. The room was quite clean with AC and a confortable bed. Bathroom was super clean. The staff was actually the high point. They are super friendly and will always help you with some tips of where to go wether you are in to music, clubs, bars, restaurants etc. Thanks a lot for everything Bamboo Hostel !

Sad, you can't choose "more than excelent" to rate the Hoste :) Wi-fi worked well in all places. The hostel is always very clean abd has an incredible location, so even using taxis we didn't spend too much in transportation. The staff helped us in everything we needed and they are all very friendly 'n animated. A special hug to Fabio , who has encouraged us to fly by asa delta. Another special hug to Aiste, who suggested us a great party to go.

• 28th Jan 2015

Absolutely loved staying at Bamboo Rio Hostel, and the staff were outstanding: so kind, helpful, friendly- accommodating. Will be back and definitely recommend to others !! Location was perfect!They organized a very nice Barbecue when i was there! Nice meet and crazy friends! Felt my items were secure in the spacius lockers they got. Make sure to bring a padlock and towel with you. They do not provide. Also recommend to book early for weekend if you know you will be staying, they book up fast.

• 28th Jan 2015

I had an amazing time at this hostel! I've travelled all over the world and stayed in lots of hostels, and this is the type I always choose - great location and great atmosphere for making friends. This hostel ranks as one of the best I've stayed in for those reasons. The staff, especially the manager, are so friendly and helpful. The ensuite bathrooms are super convenient and the beds are very comfortable. Thay have bigand spacius lockers! Such a nice Experience! I recomend 100%!

• 28th Jan 2015

I Spent a wonderful week at Bamboo Hostel. Its staff is by far the most friendly and effective I have ever seen. Everything you need from a single tip to some problems with bookings and all they will help you out. Awesome atmosphere though. The hostel is three blocks from Copacabana beach, breakfast also includes fresh fruit and the kitchen is good as well. All in all the hostel is great. I would highly recommend staying here and can´t wait to come back myself.

• 27th Jan 2015

I have seen many hostel, but this exceeded my limit. The receptionist spoke with very low voice, so it was very hard to hear what he was saying. The room looked like a prison cell: the 6 bed dorm was extremely small and the air conditioner was on only 10 pm to 6 am, at other times the room was hot like hell. There is no window glass, so insects came inside. I didn't expect Hilton, but I had to take a hotel nearby. Take this hostel only if you don't have afford to better place to overnight.

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that the hostel did not meet your expectations. We have varios rooms that differ in size and in price so you always have a choice. The air conditioning is on from 10PM to 10 AM and is off only when the absolute majority of our guests are not in the rooms. As for the insects and the heat there is very little we can do as we are in a tropical country with high temperatures, so it is always good to know where are you going and get a repelent =)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels