Bamboo Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Lacerda Coutinho # 45, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A nice little hostel. A few times the bar was closed early and we were told to keep the noise down so definitely not a party hostel. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, only one problem on our last day with the manageress Carla, who refused to help or talk to us as 'it's my day off' when we were after a refund for a trip we booked through the hostel but was cut short and we were just told unlucky. V poor service in this instance but not a bad hostel over all. Ryan

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great atmosphere, amazing shared spaces, perfect location.Enjoy!!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Bamboo was a great youth hostel and exceeded my expectations. We didn't have high expectations before arriving there but it was very clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaints include an incident where a staff member was speaking very loudly on the phone in the courtyard at 7-8am (my bed was right in the window) and some loud music at the bar at 1-2am. I talked to the front desk each time and there was no problem getting them to be quieter. If you want a hostel I recommend Bamboo.

• 26th Jun 2014

Everything was great (very clean and safe area)but really disappointed with the breakfast. I stayed at a lot of hostels during this World cup and had never before been rationed one piece of ham, one piece of cheese and two pieces of fruit. Happy Bamboo Rio kept the dormitory for females as a female dorm during the World Cup so felt safer in this hostel.I booked the Rio tour (BRL250) with the tour group they work with.They arrived over 90 minutes late! The tour itself was great but shorter.

• 20th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, all personal very nice.

Really fun place! Outdoor environment. The only bad thing was there were SO many mosquitos and some rude guests, but that's not quite the hostel's fault.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels