Bamboo Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Lacerda Coutinho # 45, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I stayed at the Bamboo for 1 night. The staff is helpful and nice, the hostel is clean and the bed was okay, but the atmosphere was poor and the bar area is too warm to have a good time. In other hostels you get air condition in the room for the same price, we just had two fans on 9 people. Not the best hostel I've stayed. It was very clean though

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Norway

We stayed at the hostel for carnival and it was a ton of fun! There was a happy hour every night for a full hour which was nice. We were in a female room in the attic and there was plenty of space and an on suite plus plenty of bathrooms throughout the hostel. The facilities were great, there was ALWAYS someone cleaning. The location was prime and the social areas were good. The Internet in our room was none existent but that was ok. I am returning to this hostel in a couple of days! :)

This place is awsome! Really good location! Very near copacabana beach, the breakfast has eggs and sausage and staff is amazing they would help you in any moment. Also clean baths with good hot showers. We made a nice barbecue there and they have a happy hour with free caipirinhas everyday! Just amazing!!!

I couldn't be more satisfied. The hostel is quite well located on a calm and security street but you can definitly find a lot of fun around. The room was quite clean with AC and a confortable bed. Bathroom was super clean. The staff was actually the high point. They are super friendly and will always help you with some tips of where to go wether you are in to music, clubs, bars, restaurants etc. Thanks a lot for everything Bamboo Hostel !

Sad, you can't choose "more than excelent" to rate the Hoste :) Wi-fi worked well in all places. The hostel is always very clean abd has an incredible location, so even using taxis we didn't spend too much in transportation. The staff helped us in everything we needed and they are all very friendly 'n animated. A special hug to Fabio , who has encouraged us to fly by asa delta. Another special hug to Aiste, who suggested us a great party to go.

• 28th Jan 2015

Absolutely loved staying at Bamboo Rio Hostel, and the staff were outstanding: so kind, helpful, friendly- accommodating. Will be back and definitely recommend to others !! Location was perfect!They organized a very nice Barbecue when i was there! Nice meet and crazy friends! Felt my items were secure in the spacius lockers they got. Make sure to bring a padlock and towel with you. They do not provide. Also recommend to book early for weekend if you know you will be staying, they book up fast.

• 28th Jan 2015

I had an amazing time at this hostel! I've travelled all over the world and stayed in lots of hostels, and this is the type I always choose - great location and great atmosphere for making friends. This hostel ranks as one of the best I've stayed in for those reasons. The staff, especially the manager, are so friendly and helpful. The ensuite bathrooms are super convenient and the beds are very comfortable. Thay have bigand spacius lockers! Such a nice Experience! I recomend 100%!

• 28th Jan 2015

I Spent a wonderful week at Bamboo Hostel. Its staff is by far the most friendly and effective I have ever seen. Everything you need from a single tip to some problems with bookings and all they will help you out. Awesome atmosphere though. The hostel is three blocks from Copacabana beach, breakfast also includes fresh fruit and the kitchen is good as well. All in all the hostel is great. I would highly recommend staying here and can´t wait to come back myself.

• 27th Jan 2015

I have seen many hostel, but this exceeded my limit. The receptionist spoke with very low voice, so it was very hard to hear what he was saying. The room looked like a prison cell: the 6 bed dorm was extremely small and the air conditioner was on only 10 pm to 6 am, at other times the room was hot like hell. There is no window glass, so insects came inside. I didn't expect Hilton, but I had to take a hotel nearby. Take this hostel only if you don't have afford to better place to overnight.

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that the hostel did not meet your expectations. We have varios rooms that differ in size and in price so you always have a choice. The air conditioning is on from 10PM to 10 AM and is off only when the absolute majority of our guests are not in the rooms. As for the insects and the heat there is very little we can do as we are in a tropical country with high temperatures, so it is always good to know where are you going and get a repelent =)

This hostel is probably great in summer but due to the lack of indoor common areas we had a tough time meeting other travellers (except when eating breakfast outdoors in the cold). The bathrooms were clean but there were two (!) showers for all female travellers in all the dorms. Our 12-bed dorm had three-story bunk beds and there was little room for our bags. Unless you are on a very tight budget I would avoid the 12-bed dorm, the smaller rooms looked much nicer!

Bamboo Rio hostel is greatful for your feedback, it is very important to make things better. We are sorry to hear that you thought that there are only 2 showers: actually, some rooms have private bathrooms and there are showers on the groundfloor and on the 2nd floor. The lounge / bar / breakfast is outside and most of the guests really apreciate being so close to the nature, the mountains and the forest. We can´t influence the weather, but in Rio it doesn´t get colder than 18 degrees!

Stayed at Bamboo during the end of the World Cup. It was a pretty average hostel, nothing spectacular. Staff was very busy but helpful when needed.

Thank you for your feedback. The World Cup period was definitely very busy and out of normal, but we hope you have enjoyed your overall experience here and are very welcome to come back!

A nice little hostel. A few times the bar was closed early and we were told to keep the noise down so definitely not a party hostel. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, only one problem on our last day with the manageress Carla, who refused to help or talk to us as 'it's my day off' when we were after a refund for a trip we booked through the hostel but was cut short and we were just told unlucky. V poor service in this instance but not a bad hostel over all. Ryan

• 3rd Jul 2014

Bamboo Rio Hostel is thankful for your opinion and critics, it is extremely important for us.

Great atmosphere, amazing shared spaces, perfect location.Enjoy!!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Bamboo was a great youth hostel and exceeded my expectations. We didn't have high expectations before arriving there but it was very clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaints include an incident where a staff member was speaking very loudly on the phone in the courtyard at 7-8am (my bed was right in the window) and some loud music at the bar at 1-2am. I talked to the front desk each time and there was no problem getting them to be quieter. If you want a hostel I recommend Bamboo.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you so much for staying at bamboo Rio hostel and glad you liked it!

Everything was great (very clean and safe area)but really disappointed with the breakfast. I stayed at a lot of hostels during this World cup and had never before been rationed one piece of ham, one piece of cheese and two pieces of fruit. Happy Bamboo Rio kept the dormitory for females as a female dorm during the World Cup so felt safer in this hostel.I booked the Rio tour (BRL250) with the tour group they work with.They arrived over 90 minutes late! The tour itself was great but shorter.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for us to make things better everytime. The breakfast is partly buffet and partly comes in plates to make sure that everyone gets their breakfast. we are sorry to hear you had to wait for the tour but during the World Cup the traffic was very heavy and the city was out of normal. However, we are glad to hear you liked your experience here.

Very good hostel, all personal very nice.

Thank you so much for staying with us, we are glad you liked the experience!

Really fun place! Outdoor environment. The only bad thing was there were SO many mosquitos and some rude guests, but that's not quite the hostel's fault.

Thanks for staying at Bamboo Rio hostel! We are happy that you liked staying with us and hope you will come back next time.

Smelly room downstairs, a lot of moskitos. Nice staff

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you liked our staff and will take into acount the critics to improve ou hostel.

Is a good hostel overall, but you guys need to work in the service you offer, make sure the breakfast is on time.. There was no internet in the rooms even when you have a little or more signal the internet didn't work in the rooms.. But the thing you need to work the most is being friendly with the people, Marcelo was the only person in the staff always smiling and talking with the guests..

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Venezuela

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to improve our service each time, we will definitely pay attention to it.

Nice enough hostel, close to the beach. The pool is more like a bath, but the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good.

• 16th Sep 2013

Bamboo Rio hostel is very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay, very welcome to come back any time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7