Bamboo Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Lacerda Coutinho # 45, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sebastian, Lucas and the guy with two ear piercings (sorry I firgit to ask you name) were really helpful. The ladies serving breakfas were nices too.

Great hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Clean and in a good location a short walk from Copacabana beach. Aircon in rooms overnight is a big plus in Rio. Bar has free caiprihinas every night in happy hour. Pool is great for cooling off after a sweaty day in Rio. Bring insect repellant - the mosquitos are brutal (just standard Rio, not much can be done)

Nice place to stay. Good breakfasts, nice staff starting from Eduardo that helped us a lot, etc.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Chile
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Overall had a wonderful stay at this hostel.. The staff are super welcoming and friendly. Had minor problems with my room (saw a bedbug) but the lovely guy working the night shift moved me to another room without any arguments. Didn't have any problems with this matter after that. Overall I would recommend this hostel, just opt for one of the smaller dorms as they are by far better value for your money and cleaner.

I had the best stay in the Bamboo Hostel. The location is prefect to go to the Copacabana and enjoy the beach. I had a good time here and i realy liked the free Ciaperinia hour and the breakfast was good. I was nice to chill in the pool and cool down a bit after a long day in the sun. The staff is friendly and i had a verry good time. Eduardo Pessoa is one of the guys who workes the night shift and he gave me some good tip where i could go out and places to go. He made my stay mutch better

• 21st Feb 2015

Bamboo Rio hostel is very happy to hear you liked staying with us, always welcome to come back, enjoy more sun, pool and free Caipirinha =)

I stayed at the Bamboo for 1 night. The staff is helpful and nice, the hostel is clean and the bed was okay, but the atmosphere was poor and the bar area is too warm to have a good time. In other hostels you get air condition in the room for the same price, we just had two fans on 9 people. Not the best hostel I've stayed. It was very clean though

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Norway

Thank you for your feedback. The atmosfere depends a lot on the people staying there at the moment, but we do our best to make it as positive as possible, giving free caipirinha, tips, helping people with anything needed etc. All the rooms have air conditioning except for the 9 bed dorm which is the most economic and also we clearly state on our website that it has no air conditioning. We hope that next time you come back and stay in a better room to enjoy your stay even better!

We stayed at the hostel for carnival and it was a ton of fun! There was a happy hour every night for a full hour which was nice. We were in a female room in the attic and there was plenty of space and an on suite plus plenty of bathrooms throughout the hostel. The facilities were great, there was ALWAYS someone cleaning. The location was prime and the social areas were good. The Internet in our room was none existent but that was ok. I am returning to this hostel in a couple of days! :)

Thank you Veronica for your feedback, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Bamboo Rio hostel. We have wi-fi in all trhe rooms, but sometimes when there are a lot of peopple using it at the same time the signal gets weak. Anyways, you only need to ask for help at the reception and we will do our best to solve the problem as quick as we can.

This place is awsome! Really good location! Very near copacabana beach, the breakfast has eggs and sausage and staff is amazing they would help you in any moment. Also clean baths with good hot showers. We made a nice barbecue there and they have a happy hour with free caipirinhas everyday! Just amazing!!!

Thank you so much Nataly for your feedback, we are very glad you liked your stay at our hostel and hoping that ypu will come back another time.

I couldn't be more satisfied. The hostel is quite well located on a calm and security street but you can definitly find a lot of fun around. The room was quite clean with AC and a confortable bed. Bathroom was super clean. The staff was actually the high point. They are super friendly and will always help you with some tips of where to go wether you are in to music, clubs, bars, restaurants etc. Thanks a lot for everything Bamboo Hostel !

Thank you so much Trudy for your positive feedback, always welcome to come back!

Sad, you can't choose "more than excelent" to rate the Hoste :) Wi-fi worked well in all places. The hostel is always very clean abd has an incredible location, so even using taxis we didn't spend too much in transportation. The staff helped us in everything we needed and they are all very friendly 'n animated. A special hug to Fabio , who has encouraged us to fly by asa delta. Another special hug to Aiste, who suggested us a great party to go.

Thank you so much Christine for staying with us, Bamboo staff is sending you special greetings and you are always welcome to come back!

Absolutely loved staying at Bamboo Rio Hostel, and the staff were outstanding: so kind, helpful, friendly- accommodating. Will be back and definitely recommend to others !! Location was perfect!They organized a very nice Barbecue when i was there! Nice meet and crazy friends! Felt my items were secure in the spacius lockers they got. Make sure to bring a padlock and towel with you. They do not provide. Also recommend to book early for weekend if you know you will be staying, they book up fast.

I had an amazing time at this hostel! I've travelled all over the world and stayed in lots of hostels, and this is the type I always choose - great location and great atmosphere for making friends. This hostel ranks as one of the best I've stayed in for those reasons. The staff, especially the manager, are so friendly and helpful. The ensuite bathrooms are super convenient and the beds are very comfortable. Thay have bigand spacius lockers! Such a nice Experience! I recomend 100%!

I Spent a wonderful week at Bamboo Hostel. Its staff is by far the most friendly and effective I have ever seen. Everything you need from a single tip to some problems with bookings and all they will help you out. Awesome atmosphere though. The hostel is three blocks from Copacabana beach, breakfast also includes fresh fruit and the kitchen is good as well. All in all the hostel is great. I would highly recommend staying here and can´t wait to come back myself.

• 27th Jan 2015

I have seen many hostel, but this exceeded my limit. The receptionist spoke with very low voice, so it was very hard to hear what he was saying. The room looked like a prison cell: the 6 bed dorm was extremely small and the air conditioner was on only 10 pm to 6 am, at other times the room was hot like hell. There is no window glass, so insects came inside. I didn't expect Hilton, but I had to take a hotel nearby. Take this hostel only if you don't have afford to better place to overnight.

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that the hostel did not meet your expectations. We have varios rooms that differ in size and in price so you always have a choice. The air conditioning is on from 10PM to 10 AM and is off only when the absolute majority of our guests are not in the rooms. As for the insects and the heat there is very little we can do as we are in a tropical country with high temperatures, so it is always good to know where are you going and get a repelent =)

This hostel is probably great in summer but due to the lack of indoor common areas we had a tough time meeting other travellers (except when eating breakfast outdoors in the cold). The bathrooms were clean but there were two (!) showers for all female travellers in all the dorms. Our 12-bed dorm had three-story bunk beds and there was little room for our bags. Unless you are on a very tight budget I would avoid the 12-bed dorm, the smaller rooms looked much nicer!

Bamboo Rio hostel is greatful for your feedback, it is very important to make things better. We are sorry to hear that you thought that there are only 2 showers: actually, some rooms have private bathrooms and there are showers on the groundfloor and on the 2nd floor. The lounge / bar / breakfast is outside and most of the guests really apreciate being so close to the nature, the mountains and the forest. We can´t influence the weather, but in Rio it doesn´t get colder than 18 degrees!

Stayed at Bamboo during the end of the World Cup. It was a pretty average hostel, nothing spectacular. Staff was very busy but helpful when needed.

Thank you for your feedback. The World Cup period was definitely very busy and out of normal, but we hope you have enjoyed your overall experience here and are very welcome to come back!

A nice little hostel. A few times the bar was closed early and we were told to keep the noise down so definitely not a party hostel. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, only one problem on our last day with the manageress Carla, who refused to help or talk to us as 'it's my day off' when we were after a refund for a trip we booked through the hostel but was cut short and we were just told unlucky. V poor service in this instance but not a bad hostel over all. Ryan

• 3rd Jul 2014

Bamboo Rio Hostel is thankful for your opinion and critics, it is extremely important for us.

Great atmosphere, amazing shared spaces, perfect location.Enjoy!!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Romania

Bamboo was a great youth hostel and exceeded my expectations. We didn't have high expectations before arriving there but it was very clean and the staff were very helpful. My only complaints include an incident where a staff member was speaking very loudly on the phone in the courtyard at 7-8am (my bed was right in the window) and some loud music at the bar at 1-2am. I talked to the front desk each time and there was no problem getting them to be quieter. If you want a hostel I recommend Bamboo.

• 26th Jun 2014

Thank you so much for staying at bamboo Rio hostel and glad you liked it!

Everything was great (very clean and safe area)but really disappointed with the breakfast. I stayed at a lot of hostels during this World cup and had never before been rationed one piece of ham, one piece of cheese and two pieces of fruit. Happy Bamboo Rio kept the dormitory for females as a female dorm during the World Cup so felt safer in this hostel.I booked the Rio tour (BRL250) with the tour group they work with.They arrived over 90 minutes late! The tour itself was great but shorter.

• 20th Jun 2014

Thank you for your feedback, it is very important for us to make things better everytime. The breakfast is partly buffet and partly comes in plates to make sure that everyone gets their breakfast. we are sorry to hear you had to wait for the tour but during the World Cup the traffic was very heavy and the city was out of normal. However, we are glad to hear you liked your experience here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7