Bamboo Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Lacerda Coutinho # 45, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Smelly room downstairs, a lot of moskitos. Nice staff

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear you liked our staff and will take into acount the critics to improve ou hostel.

Is a good hostel overall, but you guys need to work in the service you offer, make sure the breakfast is on time.. There was no internet in the rooms even when you have a little or more signal the internet didn't work in the rooms.. But the thing you need to work the most is being friendly with the people, Marcelo was the only person in the staff always smiling and talking with the guests..

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Venezuela

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to improve our service each time, we will definitely pay attention to it.

Nice enough hostel, close to the beach. The pool is more like a bath, but the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good.

• 16th Sep 2013

Bamboo Rio hostel is very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your stay, very welcome to come back any time!

Nice hostel and very helpful staff - thanks!

Thank you Anna for staying at Bamboo Rio hostel, we are very glad that you liked your stay, always welcome to come back!

Not too far from the beach. Nice breakfasts but not much space to eat and not the best communal areas for hanging out. Staff very friendly. Airport transfers they offer are quite expensive, I got a taxi for much less at the airport itself!

Bamboo Rio hostel team is happy you enjoyed your stay and we are hoping to see you again!

This hostel was ok. While I was there it wasn't very social, but there were some monkeys that played in the jungle in the back near the patio, so that was cool. Overall it was not a bad hostel, but I have stayed at better. Probably would give it a 7 out of 10.

Thank you for your hosnest opinion, it is important to us in order to improve our hostel and we are hoping to see you back on day!

Great place. Only complain is its hot and humid at night when trying to sleep

• 5th Apr 2013

We are happy to hear you liked Bamboo Rio hostel. It is hot in Rio de Janeiro in the summer time, but at night we always have air conditioning on.

Everything was great! I'm definitely coming back! :D I had so much fun! The location is perfect! The hostel was very clean and bfast so good! Staff nice and helpful! Guilherme, the bartender was very helpful, fun and friendly!

We are very glad to hear that you liked our hostel, we are doing our best to make your stay a great experience. Always welcome, customers who come back have 10% discount =)

- room: slept for 3 nights in a room with 12 beds. It's ok for people who don't care about not having much space (about 10qm) and want to save money. unfortunately not enough lockers in the room for everyone! - Toilets: Cleanliness ok, but not enough toilets & showers! - Staff: during the day very nice, friendly and helpful; the guy during the night: not helpful - nice bar and barkeeper - breakfast was ok - over all. is ok for that price, maybe not take a room with 12 beds

• 24th Mar 2013

Thank you for your comment, it is extremely important for us. All rooms have 1 locker per person, but some guests use more than one, but it is easy to solve once you talk to the reception. We are glad you liked our staff and the breakfast, we are doing our best to improve and make your stay a wonderful esperience. Always welcome to come back!

I had an okay time here. The prices are pretty high and you are essentially paying for the privilege of being near Copacabana. I found there was little or no atmosphere particularly in terms of evening activities, which is a shame when you are in Rio. There was only one friendly member of staff. In my dorm there were four triple bunkbeds, which obviously made everything feel really cramped! There are big lockers outside. Breakfast could be a lot better for the price.

I have stayed in several hostels in Rio de Janeiro over the years and Bamboo is my top recommendation for Rio. The location is excellent, 4 block away from Copacabana beach. The staff was really friendly and went out of thier way to help me with everything from finding the best parties of the night to finding a cash machine. Also the private rooms are spacious and very clean. In the hostel bar you will meet lots of other travellers but the bad part is that they close it at midnight.

Bamboo Rio hostel is happy to get your positive feedback! The bar closes at midnight in order our guests could have a rest and for those that like to party, we have lots of tips and offers. Always welcome, we offer discount for those who come back!

The Staff is absolutly killer ! They went to lapa with me and we had so much fun! I have a roblem with my towel and they resolved it really quick. The Location could not be better 4 blocks from Copacabana Beach! Very good breackfast comparing to other hostels. The ar conditioned dos not work full time, but ifd you ask and pay more 15 reais, you can have it all day long. I would come back for sure...

It is a pleasure to hear you loved Bamboo Rio hostel and are always welcome back, we are here for you guys!

I loved this place!!! The beds are pretty new and also are the sheets. The brackfast was very nice, comparing to other hostels. They had eggs and sausage!!!! They just made a big reform, and now the hostel has barbecue and pizza place. They made a big barbecue when I was there and I had so much fun!!! I will definitely came back!!! I recomend!

Party = great hostel. Sleep at night = not so good. Reception and bar play different music all day + TV + people talking on top. Loud parties all night and one morning there was puke all over the terrace (= breakfast area). Staff was helpful, but not always truthful when it came to advice on how to see the town on low budget; made prices and waiting lines sound worse then they are to sell their own tours. Kitchen is poorly equipped, plastic dishes and not even a kettle. Location is good.

• 9th Jan 2013

Bamboo Rio hostel thanks for your honest opinion. We are sorry to hear it was hard to rest for you as some events happened exactly when you were there. The bar is opened 5PM to 12PM so we make sure it is quiet at night. The tours we offer actually are very worth as it is cheaper than doing all by yourself seperately and is up to everyone´s choise. We hope you come back someday to see the hostel differently and thank you for your critics, we will take it into consideration!

Pretty good hostel. Very well located. Dorms are quite small, but comfortable and clean. Individual (though shared) toilettes and showers are really good. The stuff is freindly and helpfull. They are doing a makeover and now it seems they will get much better!!! New mattresses and linen. Very comfortable.

If you are looking for a safe place, with good location in Copacabana,, come to Bamboo! The staff speaks very good English, and during weekends they have a very nice barbecue. The dorms are very cool, with lockers for each one and well cleaned every day They have a very nice kitchen, so its so ease to prepair your own meal. The toilets are cleaned 2 a day and the staff is very friendly.

Very good stay at this hostel!! I had problems with my passport, and the staff was amazing!! They help me out and saved my life!! The Bathroom and the rooms were so clean! And they just bought new mattresses and new sheets. Also Very Good location, 2 blocks from Copacabana Beach! I want to come back soon!!!

Moldy and sticky place, dorms are disgusting

Worst hostel iv stayed in on my trip! Room stank and was filthy! Beds were disgusting! And room was cramped and small everything was very dated needs a revamp! There is plenty better in rio! Don't stay here!

• 9th Aug 2012

Nice enough hostel good location for copacabana beach and easy access to bus routes taking you to sugarloaf, Christ the redeemer and ipanema. staff helpful and security is pretty good. Lockers are big enough to fit all your things in and dorm rooms are lockable. Toilets could do with a good clean and mattresses are pretty dirty but they do provide clean sheets so overall not too bad. All in all not a bad place to stay in rio.

Hey, We're changing some things to turn our hostel as better as possible. If you decide to come back one day, you have a 10% discount! Cheers,

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7