Bambu Glamping City House

Fabulous 264 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Jun 2017
4.6

I was incredibly disappointed with my stay at Bambu. When I arrived, I had booked a dorm with an ensuite and instead they put me in the smallest non ensuite dorm and were not even going to admit the fault until I brought it up. There's TWO showers for 25+ hostel guests, and the bathrooms are FILTHY pretty much all the time and ALWAYS out of toilet paper. The "free" breakfast was always low on stock, and would often have next to nothing left even by 9:30 am and the staff would not replenish it.

19th May 2017
6.9

This place was dirty. The first 24 hours I was there, there wasn't any soap in any of the bathrooms. Also no hand towels or anything. The staff was friendly at check in and checkout but not anytime else. I didn't even really know who worked there. No activity board or planning of nights out so it was harder to meet ppl. Ppl just sit around and smoke weed. Not super social or a fun atmosphere. I chose the cheapest & the beds were bad/not enough lockers. If they tried harder it would be awesome.

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate that you take your time to give us a feedback. We defenitely are going to improve those things you mentioned, specially the bathroom escentials. So sorry that It wasn't a good experience for you but we hope that if you ever come back to Medellín you can give us a second chance to change that.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
3rd May 2017

Chill abode in the lush, leafy upper bourgeois area but doesn't have that same pretense or expense to it. Green friendly and covered in colourful murals. The many staff are approachable and flexible, often organising events - so don't miss a chance to meet them properly. Highly recommended

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2017

Nice hostel, it looked very cozy, very friendly staff. Great breakfast (watch out for the eggs, they are raw and lying next to all the breakfast stuff like it is already boiled, but you have to fry or boil it yourself, I had to find that out the hard way), good equipped kitchen. I did not really like the neighbourhood it is really expensive to go out, but ok to walk around during the day. The metrostation is not super far so you can Go to other places from there.

Thank you for taking a few minutes to give us a feedback. We already add a sign for raw eggs [sorry about that :) ].

• Austria, Female, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

The hostel is in a perfect location, right in the busy streets of Poblado but its still quiet and relaxed. Staff is very friendly. What I didnt like was the plastic around the mattress and the pillow - was uncomfy and you hear every move. Lockers are broken or almost broken. Nice garden and sofas in the common area to relax.

Hello Sandra, thank you for leaving a feedback, we really appreciate that you take a few minutes to write a review. And It's true about the plastic is really noisy, We are trying to find another thing to protect all the beds from bedbugs.

13th Apr 2017
5.4

Nobody answered the door when i arrived late at night, despite "24hr check in" and i had previously contacted them. Another guest let me in. My bed had been given away so had to stay on a damp couch with 4other people for a "knock-down" price. The next day the problem was solved and by more professional staff. The hostel bathrooms were constantly dirty with muddy floors. Rest of rooms relatively clean. Chilled atmosphere and nice garden area but poor quality WiFi that often didn't work.

Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to leave a review. It's really important to us to know problems that our costumers have with the service so we can change and improve the service. It's suck a same that you had a bad experience in our house, but we will take actions so other backpackers won't have the same problems.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
11th Apr 2017
4.9

Disappointing. In the general details it states that ALL beds have a curtain, PowerPoint ect. Arrived to a room with too many bunk beds shoved into a tiny room with not enough tiny lockers for the beds. Looked NOTHING like the pictures. Tried to talk to staff who just shrugged their shoulders and said we had booked the 'cheap room' (which was not indicated on website) and it wasn't their problem because they were not the ones who wrote the website. Sheets dirty, Tv room stunk. Moved hostels.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
19th Mar 2017

I dont think you would find another place with such a huge garden in poblado, ur surrounded by green!! I was in 2 other hostels in poblado (highest rated) but had the feeling that i was confined in the properties with huge amount of people and limited spaces to move and chill. This was also one of the most human and family-liked hostels. Really helpful owners, chill vibe, nice people to hang out with! As everyone knows, these qualities alone make a hostel great. I will be back!

7th Mar 2017

24hr reception, beautiful backyard can hang out in until 12 or 1am. 1-4mbps wifi, , free towels, free bread for breakfast, close to happy buddah, but far from metro $6500/kg laundry service, completed in 5hrs

Hey there thank you so much for this rating!! We hope you can come back to visit!!!

28th Feb 2017

Great hostel 5 months traveling and turned out to be my favourite hostel. Relaxing atmosphere and great helpful staff. Loved the garden area.

Hey there!!! thank you for this review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and welcome back any time!!