Bambu Glamping City House Reviews

Calle 6 # 32 - 164, Medellin, Colombia

Bambu is in a quiet side of El Poblado. I really appreciated the cartons around the beds that gave me some privacy, rare in hostals.

• 26th Feb 2015

Recommended by a friend as one of the best hostels he stayed at in a while, and that's no lie. Friendly staff, awesome kitchen and amazing garden that lets you forget you're in a city.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

This place is lovely, staff are rad and the owners are amazing (they're backpackers so they know what we need in a hostel) bunks have curtains lockers reading lights and power plugs inside! best hostel I've stayed in for years!!

Great location in Poblado, walking distance to lots of bars, restaurants and cafes. Dorm rooms were clean with individual lockers, lights, charging points, towels and curtains. Great free wi-fi. There is a TV area also, although it was being used by the staff most of the time we were there. There is a good kitchen and a supermarket close by. Unfortunately you can't bring your own beers in to the hostel. Some staff were excellent, others were terrible - very hit and miss. Overall, great spot.

This hostel has a wonderful, relaxing atmosphere. It is central but it doesn't feel like you're in a city. Very nice beds and super helpful staff.

Overall good hostel. Good atmosphere and a good place to meet people. Whilst the staff are friendly they aren't very useful or knowledgeable.

It is a nice house Witz space to sit and relax. The stuff is vers helpful and nice, the cleaning lady does an awesome job. You can use the Kirchen which is a bit small for so many people, especially when the helpers allways cook. That is maybe the only thing about the hostel: there are many people, longterm stays and lots of short vacationer which lacks a bit of atmosphere.

Good hostel in a great neighborhood. The one drawback was that there are only two showers is a moderately sized place.

At first the hostel seemed a little out of the way but in the end we didn't mind as everything else was so good. The staff were very friendly however we had a few problems getting information about local area and they misquoted us the price of a trip that we booked through them meaning when we had to pay after it was 50% more than we expected. But except for that we were happy with our stay and we'd recommend this hostel to anyone wanting a relaxing stay in Medellin.

I absolutely loved this hostel, it's probably my favorite one in Colombia due to the great atmosphere and great people that I met there, including the staff! They are so friendly and the hostel is very cozy, with lots of great spaces that facilitate meeting other people and hanging out (lots of smaller common rooms with sectional sofas that made it easy to talk to people). Great outdoor space as well. I liked it so much here that I ended up staying three extra days. Love you Bambu!

It was very cozy. Friendly staff definately. There were just a few things that i could have been informed of right away at initial arrival such as: the fact they exchange currency at the desk, a map or just a little info on taxis, bus and metro, could of been helpful. the price of laundry service ( didn't get informed of the price per kilogram till after) there was a sign but didn't know it was there. Other than that it was great.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel have a great atmosphere!!

• 30th Dec 2014

Super friendly staff and a wonderful homely environment, in the perfect neighbourhood for enjoying Medellin.

• 29th Dec 2014

It is a friendly hostel located in one of the best areas of Medellin, close to bars and pubs. The staff is extremly friendly and it makes fun to hang around in the comfortable hang out area. The hostel is clean, fast wifi and a cool atmosphere. I can highly recommend to go there

This place was super chill. If you're looking for a spot in Medellin that has a relaxed atmosphere with hammocks outside, this is it. The staff is very helpful and Carolina is very cute and enthusiastic. Some people complain about the distance the hostel is from stuff, but honestly a few extra blocks uphill is not a big deal. If anything you'll be stoked for the walk after the huge Bandeja Paisa you just ate. The place is well kept too, no issues with cleanliness here.

• 27th Dec 2014

Had an awesome time over Christmas here. The staff are here are amazing. They really go out of there way to make you feel welcome. I really recommend this hostel if you want a relaxed, good vibes time. Just a few blocks from all the partying located in a safe street! They have lockers, curtains and a light, beer, good kitchen, BBQ and hot water. Great hostel

I stayed here over Christmas. It was full of big groups, which is not ideal for a solo traveler. However the staff were helpful and the location good. Generally the curtains around the beds are a good idea and add to a feeling of privacy. Only a few small things, not many small saucepans in kitchen and sometimes there was no hot water in the shower. Some biting insects in the garden. Only 2 showers.

great stay!

• 16th Dec 2014

The location of the hostel was great. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm. We got the last two beds and the room was already full with backpacks and other stuff that you could barely move. Besides, it was pretty dark in the room and it did not create a great atmosphere at all.

Awesome, quiet, clean and green hostel! Nevertheless, it's located just 3 blocks outside of the parque lleras area with all its bars and clubs. They have a garden with hammocks, a living room that feels like home and the beds have curtains - first time I've seen that. Last but not least, the staff helped me with everything I needed. One of the best hostels I've seen!