Bambu Glamping City House Reviews

Calle 6 # 32 - 164, Medellin, Colombia

You liked everything about your hostel, but the fact that plenty of persons took drugs,including one person from the stuff, i can not stand that

party hostel

I really loved my experience here, place is clean, staff is very helpful, it's located in a place with good access to the evening events without being a noisy place at night. Quite the opposite! Recommended!

I loved the environment in the hostel. It was very laid back but the layout of the place was also well designed for meeting people, relaxing and all that. I definitely recommend staying there! :)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

Very clean and modern hostel. NOT a party hostel though... located very closely to Parque Lleras in a "green atmosphere". But again, if you are looking for parties, better choose "Happy Buddha" or "Kiwi".

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Yes , its true, we are not a party hostel, we've never said that... we are a quiet hostel very close to party area where you can rest after the party is over... thanks for the comment and for staying with us though.

This is definitely a party hostel. Unless we arrived on a particularly wild night, people were up Very late. Lots of yelling, drinking games, etc. If that's you're thing, go here. If you want some peace and quiet, don't.

• 28th Jun 2014

Loved it here, my top 5 all time hostels! Great backyard, very relaxing and met some fantastic people, both staff and other travelers!

The space and the people at Bambu are amazing. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!

Great hostel - walking distance to the city's best clubs/bars, super fun and social but at the same time rooms are set back and very quiet, garden is a treat. Bathrooms clean, own plug socket and bedside lamp massive advantage. Staff more than helpful. Lovely atmosphere, would highly recommend.

Located about a ten-minute walk from the bars and restaurants of Calle 10. Fun hostel, good staff, clean. Having electrical outlets, lights, and privacy curtains on the beds is nice. Good TV room with comfortable lounge-style couches for watching the World Cup. The hostel is safe, but my only complaint is that it doesn´t have lockers.

Really nice hostel. Beds are well designed with lockers, reading lights and curtains. TV room and lounge area were really nice too and staff were friendly. Rooms are a bit small. Close to centre of poblado (10 min walk) and easy to get metro to town centre. Small point but I would prefer if you could put your own lock on lockers as a key is just another thing to lose.

This is my first stay in hostel and it was as i imagined it was just perfect it couldn't be better and you have to beleive when an indian says so..!!! May be its the people staying there or the hostel energy it made me feel so welcoming just neyond words perfect..!!!

• 29th May 2014
  • India

Bambu was Superb! Laid back atmosphere, awesome chill out areas, great mix of people. The best Staff i have ever had - Thanks to the BAmbu Crew who go the extra mile to make your stay in Medellin that much more awesome. Good location 5 mins walk from all the bar and restaurants will definitely be back when we come back to Colombia!

• 23rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff are really great at this hostel. They are the winning factor. My dorm smelt a bit like man and alcohol mixed together. Also there was nowhere to put your stuff so clothes were all over the floor. Only 2 working showers. Close to el pablado bars and restaurants but a few streets back so not too noisy. I think cleanliness not so much staffs fault in dorm, more stinky party boys.

Thank you so much for your comments, we really appreciate that you tell us our flaws so we can work on it and make the hostel a great place! Cheers!! :)

Great hostel. The showers do tend to alternate between scalding and freezing

Really nice staff, very clean, very chilled out. Was a bit quiet when I was there and not quite my vibe but cant fault it otherwise.

Strongly recommend this place. I've been on the road for a while now and this hostel is yet to be topped in everything from atmosphere to location and the best (coolest) staff. The place itself is gorgeous and I wished I could stay longer! Oh and the beds have nice curtains, individual lights, and outlets!

• 9th May 2014

The hostel was great as well as the staff, location, etc... The only problem was the bathrooms. There were not really enough for the number of people and the one at the back (in one of the 8 bed dorms) was really damp and mouldy as there is not ventilation. This also means that that dorm is a bit fusty. The atmosphere was lovely, everyone was really friendly and the staff were really happy to help with things. If the bathroom situation was sorted it'd be a lovely hostel all round...

• 2nd May 2014
  • Scotland

Best place I've stayed in South America - not really a hostel, more like a house. Very cool decor - murals and artwork from previous guests. Staff are wonderful

This was my favorite hostel in Medellin. The staff are young and very friendly, the beds have curtains and lights, and the facilities are nice. Plus they were running a special that for every three nights you stay you receive 1 free night, that's awesome!